Gamestop is like the WORST Place to ever trade in your games..

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

That's why I sell my used games to Blockbuster for store credit. They have a much better payback, but the catch is that it's store credit only. So I'm one of those people who likes to buy madden each year, so I'll sell the old madden game before summer starts (when all the hype begins) and I'll get like $30 for it. Then when the next madden releases in August, I pay $30 bucks for it. I like my little system; it's much better than Gamestop's crap.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

That's why I sell my used games to Blockbuster for store credit. They have a much better payback, but the catch is that it's store credit only. So I'm one of those people who likes to buy madden each year, so I'll sell the old madden game before summer starts (when all the hype begins) and I'll get like $30 for it. Then when the next madden releases in August, I pay $30 bucks for it. I like my little system; it's much better than Gamestop's crap.

rsoxguy12

EB/(now Gamestop) here stopped buying for cash since (around) 2003. Infact, most stores in my city do "credit only".

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts

craigslist all the way. I charge $5 to $10 less then what gamestop sell it used after tax. I get that money and use it for preorders, then add like $20 and good to go.

Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts

waaat?? did your 60gb work and everything? if it did that was a TERRRRIBLE move on your partMethodManFTW
well it got the YLOD 3 times, lol, but they had no clue, lmao

BG_916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BG_916
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
yea i refuse to trade my games into gamestop. its better just to keep em. especially when the give u 15.00 for a game and flip it for 40.00. i feel hustled everytime i go into gamestop, i try not to buy games there either unless its a great deal. ill trade into game crazy before gamestop just because lol
Avatar image for Cerberus_Legion
Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Cerberus_Legion
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

I stopped trading in my games anywhere after 2007, because after awhile, I began to regret it. I still miss Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Capcom Vs SNK 2, and Chaos Legion, which are just three games I traded in and regret wholeheartedly. I just keep 'em, even if they're horrible or if I don't play 'em, because you never know.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Actually They Are not that bad when they have trade in deals like

Trade in 4, get an extra 20 dollars

trade in 2, get an extra 10

or Trade in and put credit towrds (inset new release here) and get an extra 25%

Also I did a little Research around my area, I called GameCrazy, FYE and one other place that took game trades and GameStop was by far the best.

CraigsList is OK, Ebay Takes too much work, but for Trading games in online AMAZON is the best for sure, they have the highest values and everything.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jerkface96

rsoxguy12
hmm when I compared trade in Values with BlockBuster and GameStop, Gamestop was superior.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#59 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="jerkface96"]

Also I did a little Research around my area, I called GameCrazy, FYE and one other place that took game trades and GameStop was by far the best.

CraigsList is OK, Ebay Takes too much work, but for Trading games in online AMAZON is the best for sure, they have the highest values and everything.

Amazon ?? Really?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#60 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Agreed, I don't trade my games there anymore either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

The card does end up being worth it if you buy used games or trade in certain games. I buy a fair share of my games used, because there's a lot of older ones I never had the chance to play, but the discount you get definitely overshadows the cost. It's the one thing GameStop does right. I would never trade in a game there unless I was horribly desperate.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#62 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

The card does end up being worth it if you buy used games or trade in certain games. I buy a fair share of my games used, because there's a lot of older ones I never had the chance to play, but the discount you get definitely overshadows the cost. It's the one thing GameStop does right. I would never trade in a game there unless I was horribly desperate.

sublimeandetc
lol
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I quit trading in games quite some time ago. There is no point in giving them away when you can get so much more by selling them online. Their used game prices are also crazy. If I'm only going to save $2-$5, I'd rather just buy a new one without all the scratches and fingerprints. Speaking of new games, I hate how the vast majority of games I've bought from them come in a gutted box and get a sticker slapped on them. I can understand that they need one display case, but I often see a whole row of gutted cases for the same bloody game.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jerkface96
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="jerkface96"]

Amazon ?? Really?

yea check it out theyre the best one and shipping to them is free i heard
mayo862004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mayo862004
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

Here is the problem that most people don't realize and is why trade in values are so low (and I worked for EBGames for 2 years before I worked at Gamestop for another 2, the buyout killed my enjoyment of the job but that's a whole nother story). There is absolutely no profit margin on new games (which is why they shove used down your throats like they do) and they actually sell all current gen systems... besides the wii... for a loss. You have to figure that if Gamestop gets 10 copies of a not so popular game in each store... they actually pay about 52 dollars for each new copy they recieve so they are only making about 8 dollars a copy before paying for shipping charges. Now being that this game is unpopular... which is how it works for most games out there, the store may actually only sell 4-5 copies at 60 dollars a copy. They may sell the rest at sell price or after awhile transfer each to their used inventory. When you look at it this way... most games besides the most popular titles Gamestop takes a legitemate loss on. They have to make up their profit somewhere and the only truely profitable Market for Gamestop is used games/systems and accessories.

And this is coming from someone who hates Gamestop corporation with a passion... so don't flame me...

hotfiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 hotfiree
Member since 2006 • 2185 Posts
Why do people actually trade their games in then? May as well just keep it.....?
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

ya get the Edge card if u can.

i used to go to gamecrazy but it closed down by my house :(...

the trade ins there were better than gamestop by a pretty good amount