Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

K1LLSWITCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 K1LLSWITCH
Member since 2006 • 3355 Posts
Will "Oblivion" hit the PS3?
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
It is PC & 360 only at this time.
blazealot420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 blazealot420
Member since 2004 • 1655 Posts
i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray
reelbigfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 reelbigfish
Member since 2005 • 919 Posts
i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray blazealot420

I am so confused about Blu-Ray.... What exactly does it do??
erikers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 erikers
Member since 2005 • 1166 Posts
[QUOTE="reelbigfish"]

He's saying that it would be cool to put a game that doesn't exceed the size limit of a DVD disc on a Blu Ray disc that does exceed that size for no reason.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts
[QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"]

He's saying that it would be cool to put a game that doesn't exceed the size limit of a DVD disc on a Blu Ray disc that does exceed that size for no reason.

The Fanboys are vicious tonight. Anyway. To answer your question. Blu-Ray is a new disc format developed by Sony working with several other companies (including Apple, HP, and bunch of other electronics companies, I can't remember them all). All the games for the PS3 (and movies in the future--depending on the outcome of the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD format war) will be published in this format. The max capacity of a Dual Layer DVD-9 that the 360 uses is 9 Gigabytes. The max capacity of a Dual Layer Blu-Ray is 52 Gigabytes (25.somethingGB single layer). The Elder Scrolls games have always been very big. Lots of stuff, good graphics, and massive worlds. The entire game could be bigger and better on a Blu-Ray disc, rather than a DVD-9. And the Blu-Ray also contributes to the resolution. It takes a good chunk of space to develope a game in 1080p.
Moto19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Moto19
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
I like the idea of Blu-ray just don't see it's use yet...anyways Oblivion isn't coming to the PS3 most likely ever. 
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk.  So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray.  It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years.  The blu ray will do nothing for ps3,  it is just more hype.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
who knows?
Vince910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vince910
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk.  So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray.  It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years.  The blu ray will do nothing for ps3,  it is just more hype.

lordseer

I think your wrong there...with more room sony will be able to fit better graphics onto the disc...better graphics more room needed. same thing with sound, size and length of game

lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts
You can do the same thing with 2 dvd's.  You are simply talking about space.
Yoshi_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Yoshi_Hunter
Member since 2005 • 1614 Posts
You can do the same thing with 2 dvd's.  You are simply talking about space.lordseer

point taken, but more space can also result to more features.
WESTSIDECALI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 WESTSIDECALI
Member since 2005 • 345 Posts
360 and pc only
dimebagforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dimebagforever
Member since 2005 • 156 Posts
So Bethesda (i think thats the company that makes ES-Oblivion) is a first party microsoft title? If it isn't, it is possible for it to come to the PS3 isn't it? If you don't have a loyalty contract to a specfic company such as microsoft, then it is a HUGE marketing failure to ignore such an anticipated console like the ps3. Not saying the xbox360 wasn't anticipated. Any gaming company would know that selling their game on more consoles, means more profit. I'm just not sure if the makers of ES-Oblivion are first party game producers for Microsoft.
Thanos_of_MW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thanos_of_MW
Member since 2005 • 4642 Posts

So Bethesda (i think thats the company that makes ES-Oblivion) is a first party microsoft title? If it isn't, it is possible for it to come to the PS3 isn't it? If you don't have a loyalty contract to a specfic company such as microsoft, then it is a HUGE marketing failure to ignore such an anticipated console like the ps3. Not saying the xbox360 wasn't anticipated. Any gaming company would know that selling their game on more consoles, means more profit. I'm just not sure if the makers of ES-Oblivion are first party game producers for Microsoft.dimebagforever

No, they are not.  It was originally going to be for PS3, 360 and PC.  Later (according to TES forums) was said that they were dropping PS3 for lack of a HDD.  Now that the 360 doesn't have one standard (the core) I wonder what the excuse is :D $$$$$$$$$$

Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk. So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray. It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years. The blu ray will do nothing for ps3, it is just more hype.

lordseer

I have a 1080p TV and I'm not from the future...
sneaky_petey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sneaky_petey
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts
Yeah you are.
Thanos_of_MW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Thanos_of_MW

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk.  So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray.  It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years.  The blu ray will do nothing for ps3,  it is just more hype.lordseer

How is that for an ignorant statement? :D  1080p sets have been on sale for months now :roll:  And blu-ray has more capacity and speed than DVDs, also more interactivity than DVDs will ever have.  Read up before you post stuff like this, makes you look dumb :D

mojokm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 mojokm
Member since 2005 • 573 Posts

And blu-ray has more capacity and speed than DVDs

Thanos_of_MW

THERE'S the factor! More speed means faster loading times.
Killer_Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Killer_Cyborg
Member since 2003 • 2814 Posts
You can do the same thing with 2 dvd's. You are simply talking about space.lordseer

in JRPGs or linear games...yes...in open ended games where you often backtrack or just roam freely around the whole gameworld, changing discs become a real problem. I really don't seem myself playing GTA and then needing to change discs while driving on a road each time i pass a certain point.
Kwzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Kwzy
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts

PS3 doesn't need Oblivion!!!

have you seen the RPG's coming to PS3???

Japanese RPG..... they look AWESOME

mejulie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mejulie
Member since 2005 • 41 Posts
project offset looks cooler to me
juicetino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#23 juicetino
Member since 2005 • 17873 Posts
hopefully it will
SteelSpiderMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SteelSpiderMan
Member since 2003 • 975 Posts
blu-ray also is faster than a dvd or hd dvd
K1LLSWITCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 K1LLSWITCH
In this day and age when there is a time and place for better technology, the cost goes up. And for the developers to fit a game on more than one disc might get too expensive. Look at nintendo with the N64. Their games were $80 a pop because it costed the developer more to make the games, friggin cartridges. With blu-ray, bigger space, less money to put into it for that space. Sony is pushing the envelope with technology right now. And I respect them for it, unlike X-box all they care about is their hardware and not focus on software. And unfortunatly people are buying that mentality. It's sad, but true. And as for anime style games, Sony does need oblivion. Sony needs something fresh and new besides a new final fantasy game, or a new dragon quest. I for one am tired of playing grand theft autos or burn outs. I believe that with the PS3, there will be better and fresh games. I'm hoping that they remake wipeout for the PS3.
Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
xbox 360 game
ScaryMovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ScaryMovies
Member since 2004 • 5418 Posts

[QUOTE="dimebagforever"]So Bethesda (i think thats the company that makes ES-Oblivion) is a first party microsoft title? If it isn't, it is possible for it to come to the PS3 isn't it? If you don't have a loyalty contract to a specfic company such as microsoft, then it is a HUGE marketing failure to ignore such an anticipated console like the ps3. Not saying the xbox360 wasn't anticipated. Any gaming company would know that selling their game on more consoles, means more profit. I'm just not sure if the makers of ES-Oblivion are first party game producers for Microsoft.Thanos_of_MW

No, they are not.  It was originally going to be for PS3, 360 and PC.  Later (according to TES forums) was said that they were dropping PS3 for lack of a HDD.  Now that the 360 doesn't have one standard (the core) I wonder what the excuse is :D $$$$$$$$$$

Core isn`t the standard, the Premium is. And on the Premium box it doesn`t say premium just Xbox 360. At least I cant see "Premium" printed on the box, can you? : http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/56DA078D-93A8-4E9C-8E9F-E40E6B59D073/0/SGRProSku.jpg

Killer_Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Killer_Cyborg
Member since 2003 • 2814 Posts
[QUOTE="Thanos_of_MW"]

[QUOTE="dimebagforever"]So Bethesda (i think thats the company that makes ES-Oblivion) is a first party microsoft title? If it isn't, it is possible for it to come to the PS3 isn't it? If you don't have a loyalty contract to a specfic company such as microsoft, then it is a HUGE marketing failure to ignore such an anticipated console like the ps3. Not saying the xbox360 wasn't anticipated. Any gaming company would know that selling their game on more consoles, means more profit. I'm just not sure if the makers of ES-Oblivion are first party game producers for Microsoft.ScaryMovies

No, they are not. It was originally going to be for PS3, 360 and PC. Later (according to TES forums) was said that they were dropping PS3 for lack of a HDD. Now that the 360 doesn't have one standard (the core) I wonder what the excuse is :D $$$$$$$$$$

Core isn`t the standard, the Premium is. And on the Premium box it doesn`t say premium just Xbox 360. At least I cant see "Premium" printed on the box, can you? : http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/56DA078D-93A8-4E9C-8E9F-E40E6B59D073/0/SGRProSku.jpg

and ? They are still forced to make the game work on the core ones. So the HDD excuse doesn't work anymore.
ScaryMovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ScaryMovies
Member since 2004 • 5418 Posts
I was just stating the fact that the Premium is the standard, and the Core not...
Thanos_of_MW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thanos_of_MW
[QUOTE="Thanos_of_MW"]

[QUOTE="dimebagforever"]So Bethesda (i think thats the company that makes ES-Oblivion) is a first party microsoft title? If it isn't, it is possible for it to come to the PS3 isn't it? If you don't have a loyalty contract to a specfic company such as microsoft, then it is a HUGE marketing failure to ignore such an anticipated console like the ps3. Not saying the xbox360 wasn't anticipated. Any gaming company would know that selling their game on more consoles, means more profit. I'm just not sure if the makers of ES-Oblivion are first party game producers for Microsoft.ScaryMovies

I have to disagree.  If the company is mandating ALL games to work in the "core" and not use the HDD, then the "core" is the STANDARD.  They can advertise in their boxes however they want, the fact remains.  Don't buy into the marketing :D

Anyways, I don't want this to become an off-topic discussion.  We were talking about Oblivion in PS3.  There is absolutely NO REASON in the hardware to prevent Oblivion from working in PS3.  I'll certainly give Bethsoft some lip in their forums (I belong to those forums for many years) if they don't give me a good reason for not releasing it in PS3.

ccoutts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 ccoutts
Member since 2004 • 57 Posts

lordseer

http://www.i4u.com/article3443.html

1080p exists. expensive yes but they do exist and blue ray movies will be available in guess what....1080p.

most of us don't have 1080p but ps3 will give a reason to upgrade with its ability to display at higher levels, and guess what game developers want to tout themselves in the best posible light so guess what they will make games that run 1080p because they can.

This whole higher technology is bad argument is really getting annoying, since when is it a bad thing to have more power than you can use? 720p seems to be the standard right now but 1080p is coming so if you can make a system that can handle it why not do it (oops that's what microsoft did so sorry didn' mean to cut on it) come on ask any pc gamer what res they run at and they will say as high as thier system allows, and ask how much they spend to get there. scary huh????  alot of people spend money to get the best so it may take a while but 1080p will be commonplace well before x360 or ps3 are replaced so don't say blu ray and 1080p are useless features.

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

Maybe, but I'm getting the PC version.

bornonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bornonce
Member since 2005 • 754 Posts

[QUOTE="dimebagforever"]So Bethesda (i think thats the company that makes ES-Oblivion) is a first party microsoft title? If it isn't, it is possible for it to come to the PS3 isn't it? If you don't have a loyalty contract to a specfic company such as microsoft, then it is a HUGE marketing failure to ignore such an anticipated console like the ps3. Not saying the xbox360 wasn't anticipated. Any gaming company would know that selling their game on more consoles, means more profit. I'm just not sure if the makers of ES-Oblivion are first party game producers for Microsoft.Thanos_of_MW

No, they are not. It was originally going to be for PS3, 360 and PC. Later (according to TES forums) was said that they were dropping PS3 for lack of a HDD. Now that the 360 doesn't have one standard (the core) I wonder what the excuse is :D $$$$$$$$$$

I suspect that they figure very FEW XBOX 360 owners will not eventually acquire a HDD.  Most of the people buying a core right now appear to be buying them because that is all they can find. They are willing to buy the HDD seperately if is required for future games. On the PS3, however, Sony hasn't made it very clear how they plan on handling the HDD issue. Besides, assuming that the PS3 is not READILY available for another year, they would probably want to focus their PS3 efforts on their NEXT games (the "widely available" PS3 might miss the Oblivion lifetime window). Even if they did launch it for the PS3, it in all likelihood would not be much different from either the PC or the 360 version.
Teabutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Teabutt
Member since 2003 • 1161 Posts
i wish it would come to ps3 but..i doubt it...its never been so..why now? i would definately get it if its announced magically before the pc version hits stores though!
Avatar image for nasos_333_basic
nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nasos_333_basic
Member since 2002 • 2801 Posts

[QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray the_bi99man

The Fanboys are vicious tonight. Anyway. To answer your question. Blu-Ray is a new disc format developed by Sony working with several other companies (including Apple, HP, and bunch of other electronics companies, I can't remember them all). All the games for the PS3 (and movies in the future--depending on the outcome of the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD format war) will be published in this format. The max capacity of a Dual Layer DVD-9 that the 360 uses is 9 Gigabytes. The max capacity of a Dual Layer Blu-Ray is 52 Gigabytes (25.somethingGB single layer). The Elder Scrolls games have always been very big. Lots of stuff, good graphics, and massive worlds. The entire game could be bigger and better on a Blu-Ray disc, rather than a DVD-9. And the Blu-Ray also contributes to the resolution. It takes a good chunk of space to develope a game in 1080p.

Morrowind was huge too, and did not even fill half a 4.7 GB dvd, now Oblivion will definatly esily fit on a 7GBd dvd. Blu-ray is not needed as it seems. It is more a video thing, if you have big videos then Blu-ray is ideal, if you have no vids like in Oblivion is not needed at all

nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nasos_333_basic

PS3 doesn't need Oblivion!!!

have you seen the RPG's coming to PS3???

Japanese RPG..... they look AWESOME

Kwzy

By the way, no i have not seen aa single rpg yet, and no pics of any of those. So where do we see those new pics from ps3 rpg's ??? I would love to have a link or website, because all i have seen from ps3 is a MGS4 trailer, which is suposdly rendered with real in game engine. Nothing else

CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts

[QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray the_bi99man

Oblivion is only using 1 Xbox 360 DVD disk.

nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nasos_333_basic

So what, will you fill me in on the PS3's rpg, and where are those pics that will make me forget Oblivion and Blue Dragon on xbox 360 ?

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts
[QUOTE="lordseer"]

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk. So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray. It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years. The blu ray will do nothing for ps3, it is just more hype.

Vince910

I think your wrong there...with more room sony will be able to fit better graphics onto the disc...better graphics more room needed. same thing with sound, size and length of game

Its kind of simple really the more room available the bigger and potentialy better games will become larger worlds, more sound effects/music on games, and generaly good things.

Then i read the above post and realised someone had already put this, damn i must pay more attention to these things!
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xanog1

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray CaptainCrazy

How so?

I heard that the sound took up half the disk.

There is no way that a game can have next-gen graphics, contain amazing physics, lighting, and textures, have in-game cutscenes, have the ability to render 16 miles of environment on the fly, have a constantly evolving world, provide the ability for the amount of detail in create-a-character as shown so far, have all of the attacks and spells in the game, and animate all the thousands of enemies and npcs on the fly, with less than half of a DVD disk and still not be problem-ridden.

Not saying that Oblivion won't be good (in fact it'll own, which is why I'm getting it for PC), but I don't see how all the rest of the content can be fit onto 1 disc without compressing it to the max and having massively long loading times, or potential file confusion.

petrnorth18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 petrnorth18
Member since 2005 • 1102 Posts
not coming for ps3 sorry
nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nasos_333_basic
[QUOTE="CaptainCrazy"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray Xanog1

How so?

There is no way that a game can have next-gen graphics, contain amazing physics, lighting, and textures, have in-game cutscenes, have the ability to render 16 miles of environment on the fly, have a constantly evolving world, provide the ability for the amount of detail in create-a-character as shown so far, have all of the attacks and spells in the game, and animate all the thousands of enemies and npcs on the fly, with less than half of a DVD disk and still not be problem-ridden.

Not saying that Oblivion won't be good (in fact it'll own, which is why I'm getting it for PC), but I don't see how all the rest of the content can be fit onto 1 disc without compressing it to the max and having massively long loading times, or potential file confusion.

Are you working on the game ? Otherwise how the HELL do you know how much space Oblivion takes up ??? By the way, if they were to cut back on graphics to fit it, they would rather cut back on sound quality, which will do if does not fit than make the game look terrible instead. How about that, it makes more sense, right ?

They said it will have the pc graphics at the highest setting, so they are not cutting ANYTHING from the graphics because of the smaller storage space. I hope i did not dissapoint you, but visit the official forums and see the truth. It is simple, the game can fit in DVD9, no compromises made

The most important thing is that if Oblivion can fit nicely on a DVD9 then i can think of no game that could not.

spr4yp4int

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 spr4yp4int
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts

lordseer

Allready is 1080P tv's.
Get a life, or at least follow the news
hurd05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hurd05
Member since 2003 • 107 Posts

http://joystiq.com/2006/01/08/bethesda-crowds-oblivion-onto-one-disc/

Sure, Oblivion can be "squeezed" onto one dvd, which is impressive.  but in the future games will get more detailed, have more features, and be longer (few will be longer though).  i doubt FF on PS3 will be able to be sqeezed onto one dvd.  Expect multiple dvd games in microsofts future.  Personally i never minded switching disks on GC, I just like blue-ray because if blue-ray does win the format war, PS3 owners will be ready to go.

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Xanog1
[QUOTE="Xanog1"][QUOTE="CaptainCrazy"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray nasos_333_basic

How so?

Are you working on the game ? Otherwise how the HELL do you know how much space Oblivion takes up ??? By the way, if they were to cut back on graphics to fit it, they would rather cut back on sound quality, which will do if does not fit than make the game look terrible instead. How about that, it makes more sense, right ?

They said it will have the pc graphics at the highest setting, so they are not cutting ANYTHING from the graphics because of the smaller storage space. I hope i did not dissapoint you, but visit the official forums and see the truth. It is simple, the game can fit in DVD9, no compromises made

The most important thing is that if Oblivion can fit nicely on a DVD9 then i can think of no game that could not.

I was just basing that whole point upon what I heard about the devs saying the sound took up half the DVD. I'll see if I can find the link again.

nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nasos_333_basic
[QUOTE="nasos_333_basic"][QUOTE="Xanog1"][QUOTE="CaptainCrazy"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray Xanog1

How so?

I was just basing that whole point upon what I heard about the devs saying the sound took up half the DVD. I'll see if I can find the link again.

It has been discussed in forums that this does not stand any more. Anyway, the game will fit one, confirmed, so there is nothing to speculate, it has been confirmed the game will fit all pc stuff on one dvd

As for FF, yes i suppose this one game is fit for blu-ray, with huge high res videos making us cry with joy. But i never wanted videos over actual in game stuff, and Oblivion offers just that, and any other game the size of Oblivion will fit xbox's disks, with compromise only in pre-rendered videos, which are good, but not to die for.

evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
slikonebtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 slikonebtz
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts

elder scrolls isnt owned by microsoft so the devs will be missing out on a ton of money seeing as the ps3 user base will be a big one.

wouldnt surprise me if it came out on the ps3 at all

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xanog1

Only 360, so everyone should just do the right thing and buy all fuking consoles!! Fanboys suk. evilbarbarian

Or I could just play the PC version like I've been planning all along.

K1LLSWITCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 K1LLSWITCH
I agree. MIcrosoft has always been about money and not the games. They monopolized the computers, whose to say that they wont try for the gaming industry. It is the money maker. The gaming industry makes more money than the film industry. They blocked the browsers for computers. Now, they make people play online with their games. Thats non-sense. Most PC games dont charge people to play online why should console gamers. I feel that online should be free, if people want the bells and whistles thats when the subscription comes in. I feel thats what sony will do with the PS3. Gamers are able to play online without the special features. If you want those features people have to pay for them. I'm not talking about an e-mail account. File sharing with players, downloadable content, video confrencing, and an e-mail account. For players that dont want to have a subscription, they can buy the downloadable content at the nearest game store. With the PS3 I believe that its possible to have video conferencing. Imagine playing a mech game on the PS3 and being able to talk with picture in picture, communications would be interesting. Playstation has been known to start new franchises.... Im curious on whats in store in the future. Exciting.