Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for nasos_333_basic
nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 nasos_333_basic
Member since 2002 • 2801 Posts

And once again, which game informer (I have them all, I would like to see 4 myself =) And here is another point that I should make. Oblivion will probably get an Expansion pack (just like morrowind), So, there is an even greater chance for it to come to the PS3, with the expansion added. Sushimaster

As a matter of fact, if they go for an expansion soon after the main game, they will not have the time at all to port to ps3. Probably Oblivion will never make it to ps3, one because they have an understanding with Microsoft for some time now, and second because ps traditionally gets little to no western rpg games. If they made it look more beautifull on ps3 though, me too would love to have it, but they will have to get into the trouble of re-writing the engine to work on ps3

Also consider that by the time ps3 is out and they have it ready for ps3, most people and fans will have DEFINATLY played the game already on a pc or xbox 360. Also in a year, a pc affordable to play the game will be available and why anyone get the ps3 version anyway, and xbox 360 will be cheaper as well. The only way a ps3 version would make sense is if the graphics got a HUGE upgrade, which is doubtfull really, we saw that in expansions graphics never made it much better, also ps3 has about the power of xbox 360, and i doubt could do much better than the time of release pc's

JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#102 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts

Will "Oblivion" hit the PS3? K1LLSWITCH

I beileve they canned the PS3 versiona long time ago
Sushimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Sushimaster
Member since 2003 • 2671 Posts
Um, It wouldn't be hard for them to port it to the PS3, well it would be difficult, but that's just part of the JOB. These people make games, I think until we do truly hear from Bethesda that the will not release it on ps3 EVER! Then it's still entirely possible (And Solidsnake don't say you read it in game informer unless you say which one, okay?! I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just have to read it for myself, because I tear through those mags, and I remember nothing of the sort.). For one, I would think that they (Bethesda) would want to release it for the PS3 simply because of the revolutionary technology (cell), Oblivion is going to be a VERY VERY CPU intensive game, and with a processor like the cell you could have everything going on without bogging down the GFXproc with calculations, It's still a possibility that the PS3 will have a physics processor of some sort (deal with ageia) and the PC version still looks better than the xbox 360. What if the PS3 has better antialiasing? and all the other things that are common in PC graphics cards? rather than just 2xaa??? and what if, since the PS3 has 256mb of uber ram, Bethesda could increase the draw distance? And once again I must make the point, what if the Xbox flops? or their game doesn't sell well on the xbox? I mean honestly, this is a Software company we are talking about. They don't have any loyalties they have to uphold with Microsoft. It is completely feasible that it will come out for the PS3, especially if it comes out long after it comes out for the pc and xbox (the cost for them, can only go down from this point). Or heck, what if the EXACT opposite happens and it EXPLODES into a great success. Think of GTA, everyone said it was PS2 exclusive, then It came out on the Xbox.
Dude543211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Dude543211
Member since 2004 • 2790 Posts
[QUOTE="raidenseven"]
[QUOTE="lordseer"]

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk. So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray. It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years. The blu ray will do nothing for ps3, it is just more hype.

Vince910

I think your wrong there...with more room sony will be able to fit better graphics onto the disc...better graphics more room needed. same thing with sound, size and length of game

games can live off a DVD-9 for another gen b4 they are obsulete, i mean oblivian is a massive world and if it can fit in there then most any game can, so bluray does not give that much of and advantage, plus it just allows devs to be sloppy again, they dont have to compress,, anyway i think blu ray will do nothin for PS3 either.

that's a bunch of bull.
ms devs are already starting to run out of space on the dvds.
once they start to stick even better graphics on there then the problem will start to show.
VaryagPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 VaryagPT
Member since 2005 • 944 Posts

Um, It wouldn't be hard for them to port it to the PS3, well it would be difficult, but that's just part of the JOB. . Sushimaster

nah its more easier than programing for pc its just one sistem, if they don't do its becouse:

1) they are on the M$ payrole and wouldn't do it at all unlikely.

2) they are to lazy to do it unlikely

3) they don't like the playstation or sony for that matter

or

4) they don't see it to be profitable witch would be unwise for them to tink that way

i would like to play it for ps3 but for now i will play arx fatalis (almost the same thing on pc) and wait for it couse my pc can't andle those grafics. it sux...

TJM_717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 TJM_717
Member since 2005 • 609 Posts
[QUOTE="lordseer"]

The blu ray does nothing for the PS3 other than allow them to fit more information on one disk. So basically rather than have 2 seperate dvd's you'll get one blu ray. It does nothing for graphics other than allow a 1080p display which no tv's use or will use for years. The blu ray will do nothing for ps3, it is just more hype.

Vince910

I think your wrong there...with more room sony will be able to fit better graphics onto the disc...better graphics more room needed. same thing with sound, size and length of game

Sony needs to focus more on games then hardware. Graphics mean nothing if you dont have fun games. I dont enjoy playing the same franchises ver and over and over and over, especially the Sony ones.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RobWil
Member since 2005 • 144 Posts
Yea, and then you have to pay a higher price for the game because of all that stuff they have to put in the game because of blu-ray, sorry I'll stick with the 360.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 RobWil
You guys have to understand something. One of the only things that take up alot of space on a dvd is the movies.... the movies... the movies... most games for xbox360 use the engine as their storytelling medium, not a CG movie. CG movies take up alot of space, that is why DVD9 are more than efficient for this coming-gen of games. Now that the graphics can be somewhat like CG movies, they really don't have to use CG anymore.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 RobWil
The only way the 360 will see multiple discs, is if the developer has alot of CG movies on them. That's All. I say just use the darn engine in the game. The graphics are almost as good as CG
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 RobWil
We'll see how Big the PS3 userbase will be, once they officially announce the price.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 RobWil
Then you must be saying that Sony is all about games and NOT the money? huh?
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 RobWil
Even better, in the near future I can see that the end of any hardware medium, such as blu-ray or hd-dvd. Everything will be downloaded and it will be cheaper. That's the FUTURE
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 RobWil
Or they won't bring it to the PS3, because it is difficult to program for.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 RobWil
But, I guarantee you the X360 version won't flop.
RobWil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RobWil
But, I guarantee you the X360 version won't flop. it will sell like hotcakes.
Cydoniamensae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Cydoniamensae
Member since 2004 • 653 Posts
Bump
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#117 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

BumpCydoniamensae

Why in the world would you want to bump this?

Thanos_of_MW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Thanos_of_MW
Member since 2005 • 4642 Posts

[QUOTE="Cydoniamensae"]BumpLegolas_Katarn

Yup.  This discussion started nice as to see the possibility of Oblivion in PS3, but degenerated into fanboy dribble.  PS3 is certainly capable of running Oblivion.  The most obvious reason it won't is that MS has secured an exclusive for their console.  We'll see what happens once that exclusivity contract expires and PS3 is around.

Edit:  I'll be playing Oblivion in my PC anyways :D  One word: mods.

Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts

It's a PC and 360 exclusive.

VaryagPT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 VaryagPT
Member since 2005 • 944 Posts

Then you must be saying that Sony is all about games and NOT the money? huh?RobWil

Maybe more than microsoft IMO their games are not that good compared to sony ones and they didn't created anithing unike unlike sony games (eye toy, and stuff ICO, shadow of the colossus, and other games) and have a lot of great games and series for ps (DMC, onimusha, teken, grand turismo, you name it) and they let their game producers to take fime for their games unlike Coff halo2 coff wich in the video of the special edition case they said they would implement more things in the game if it wasn't for M$, witch is a good game no doubt about it im not bashing bungie only M$ beouce i like the bungie games Mith and marathon are great games. So there is you awser. i'm not flaming you just responding to you question  so if you want to respond to me do it in a civilized way ok? can you do that? great :P   

diderot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 diderot
Member since 2003 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="Cydoniamensae"]BumpLegolas_Katarn

Why in the world would you effectively bump the bump that didn't need to be bumped.
Thanos_of_MW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 Thanos_of_MW
Member since 2005 • 4642 Posts
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]

[QUOTE="Cydoniamensae"]Bumpdiderot

Why in the world would you effectively bump the bump that didn't need to be bumped.

:lol:

Bazylik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Bazylik
Member since 2002 • 1850 Posts

blu-ray also is faster than a dvd or hd dvdSteelSpiderMan

Blu-Ray is not faster than HD-DVD.

crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#124 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts
[QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"]
i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray blazealot420

I am so confused about Blu-Ray.... What exactly does it do??

He's saying that it would be cool to put a game that doesn't exceed the size limit of a DVD disc on a Blu Ray disc that does exceed that size for no reason.

The Fanboys are vicious tonight. Anyway. To answer your question. Blu-Ray is a new disc format developed by Sony working with several other companies (including Apple, HP, and bunch of other electronics companies, I can't remember them all). All the games for the PS3 (and movies in the future--depending on the outcome of the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD format war) will be published in this format. The max capacity of a Dual Layer DVD-9 that the 360 uses is 9 Gigabytes. The max capacity of a Dual Layer Blu-Ray is 52 Gigabytes (25.somethingGB single layer). The Elder Scrolls games have always been very big. Lots of stuff, good graphics, and massive worlds. The entire game could be bigger and better on a Blu-Ray disc, rather than a DVD-9. And the Blu-Ray also contributes to the resolution. It takes a good chunk of space to develope a game in 1080p.

the xbox version of elder scrolls 3: morrowind was only ~700mb...they're big?  and it fits on a DVD9.  the only advantage of PS3 having the title is that it might be possible to have both dynamic soft shadows on every object in the game and have those objects interactive.  Neither the PC nor the 360 version will have dynamic soft shadows on every object.  they'll only have interactive objects and the shadows on characters and trees/shrubbery.
Cydoniamensae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Cydoniamensae

Why in the world would you want to bump this?Legolas_Katarn

Well, lets see....*thinks about it*........Oh yeah! To see if Oblivion will be comming out for the PS3 perhaps?

Spiderman_Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Spiderman_Ps3
Member since 2006 • 1154 Posts
i hope it come on ps3 cause it will look good on blue ray than dvd 9.
Spiderman_Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Spiderman_Ps3
Member since 2006 • 1154 Posts

[QUOTE="SteelSpiderMan"]blu-ray also is faster than a dvd or hd dvdBazylik

blue ray is faster than hd dvd lemming.
crucifine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#128 crucifine
Member since 2003 • 4726 Posts
[QUOTE="Bazylik"]

[QUOTE="SteelSpiderMan"]blu-ray also is faster than a dvd or hd dvdSpiderman_Ps3

blue ray is faster than hd dvd lemming.

bad news, it isn't coming to PS3, you're gonna be out of the loop on this one.  and the PS3 blu-ray isn't going to be faster, it will be about the same speed.
Cydoniamensae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Cydoniamensae
I don't mean to bring this back up but blu-ray just hold's more data, right?
oo769er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 oo769er
Member since 2003 • 2539 Posts
We dont need blu-ray for games. Oblivion fit in one dvd for the 360 and theres not much games that are going to be bigger then Oblivion, but a game that uses alot of CGI scenes.
Avatar image for nasos_333_basic
nasos_333_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 nasos_333_basic
Member since 2002 • 2801 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray crucifine

He's saying that it would be cool to put a game that doesn't exceed the size limit of a DVD disc on a Blu Ray disc that does exceed that size for no reason.

The Fanboys are vicious tonight. Anyway. To answer your question. Blu-Ray is a new disc format developed by Sony working with several other companies (including Apple, HP, and bunch of other electronics companies, I can't remember them all). All the games for the PS3 (and movies in the future--depending on the outcome of the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD format war) will be published in this format. The max capacity of a Dual Layer DVD-9 that the 360 uses is 9 Gigabytes. The max capacity of a Dual Layer Blu-Ray is 52 Gigabytes (25.somethingGB single layer). The Elder Scrolls games have always been very big. Lots of stuff, good graphics, and massive worlds. The entire game could be bigger and better on a Blu-Ray disc, rather than a DVD-9. And the Blu-Ray also contributes to the resolution. It takes a good chunk of space to develope a game in 1080p.

the xbox version of elder scrolls 3: morrowind was only ~700mb...they're big?  and it fits on a DVD9.  the only advantage of PS3 having the title is that it might be possible to have both dynamic soft shadows on every object in the game and have those objects interactive.  Neither the PC nor the 360 version will have dynamic soft shadows on every object.  they'll only have interactive objects and the shadows on characters and trees/shrubbery.

As a matter of fact both pc and xbox 360 could do soft shadows on all objects. But they run on a HUGE problem, the fact that you can carry hundreds of items, then throw them down. Just imagine that you can stack up to 1000 objects in a room, now the 10 objects soft detailed soft shadows became 1000 such shadows, casted from and on the objects. I suppose since shadows are really demanding, that would kill a 100 CPU render farm, so in order to keep objets carriable and interactive they choose to not put those shadows in, seems logical enough, bar the fact that they COULD use some tricks to disable shadows if objects became really many

Anyway, if they do not use any tricks, no shadows on ANY platform no matter how fast.

smarb001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#132 smarb001
Member since 2005 • 2325 Posts
NO you morons you know what exlusive means right? NO OBLIVION ON PS3 or PSP for that matter!!!! Yeesh...! :!:
Cydoniamensae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Cydoniamensae

NO you morons you know what exlusive means right? NO OBLIVION ON PS3 or PSP for that matter!!!! Yeesh...! :!:smarb001

Yeah just like how GTA:SA was a PS2 exclusive, yet it came to the XBOX?

Killer_Cyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Killer_Cyborg
Member since 2003 • 2814 Posts

[QUOTE="crucifine"] [QUOTE="the_bi99man"] [QUOTE="erikers"][QUOTE="reelbigfish"] [QUOTE="blazealot420"]i doubt it but it would be cool especially with blu ray nasos_333_basic

the xbox version of elder scrolls 3: morrowind was only ~700mb...they're big? and it fits on a DVD9. the only advantage of PS3 having the title is that it might be possible to have both dynamic soft shadows on every object in the game and have those objects interactive. Neither the PC nor the 360 version will have dynamic soft shadows on every object. they'll only have interactive objects and the shadows on characters and trees/shrubbery.

As a matter of fact both pc and xbox 360 could do soft shadows on all objects. But they run on a HUGE problem, the fact that you can carry hundreds of items, then throw them down. Just imagine that you can stack up to 1000 objects in a room, now the 10 objects soft detailed soft shadows became 1000 such shadows, casted from and on the objects. I suppose since shadows are really demanding, that would kill a 100 CPU render farm, so in order to keep objets carriable and interactive they choose to not put those shadows in, seems logical enough, bar the fact that they COULD use some tricks to disable shadows if objects became really many

Anyway, if they do not use any tricks, no shadows on ANY platform no matter how fast.

www.projectoffset.com for a nice exemple of massive softshadowing, watch sneak peek 2