Blu-Ray News. Very Intresting

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

crazygunz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 crazygunz
Member since 2003 • 252 Posts
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"]You picked movies from the BD exclusive studios dude of course their not on Bd with the exception of Happy Feet.BlacKJaCK2290
troll? you know HD-DVD is done, its been in the workings for months. blu-ray wins, guess its not the next betamax

Yep im such a troll, i guess buying a PS3 for BD and owning over 16 Blu Ray movies qualifies me as a troll doesn't it.

It's not that you're a troll, it's that you are making points that are supposed to be some form of defense for HD-DVD, and it is valid to try and even the playing field but your arguments are just plain silly.

A. HD-DVD enjoyed a semi-satisfactory lead before PS3 came out and suddenly put millions of BluRay players in consumers homes. Suddenly the playing field evened out very quickly, and the scales eventually tipped in BD's favor. I think it's probably going to stay that way.

B. The list of movies that were posted previously that you essentially bawked at, were posted to show how many extremely popular movies are only coming out on BD. Thus, making HD-DVD that much more obsolete because it can't offer what consumers want. It's not even about a certain level of quality so much as it is an issue of what movies you can find on which format. If I can't find "awesome movie of the year" on HD-DVD why should I own one of the players?

So although I wouldn't call you a troll for trying to argue a point, I will say that you're making arguments that are just bad, to put it simply.

I think HD-DVD could have been an extremely viable format if Microsoft would have just bit the bullet and put it in the Xbox 360 from the beginning. I'm sure we'd be reading much different articles at this point if that had occured. But they didn't, and I think they share some responsiblity for missing an oppurtunity. The HD-DVD camps also should have been intelligent enough to realize they needed more than Universal to back them exclusively. I mean one exclusive backer is pretty pathetic.

So, I think you're right to try and argue a point, and that's your right. But choose your arguments wisely. Otherwise it's not even worth wasting your effort and time.
luludooobee111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 luludooobee111
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts
it makes me mad how people are stealing my signature
skorpion352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 skorpion352
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
i have to say, M$ were very stupid to not put hddvd support directly into the xbox360. by making 360 owners pay 200 more, which from what i understand is almost the cost of a stand alone hd dvd player in the states ( im from nz), they are just showing how much they are after money. i personally cant wait untill hddvd finally quits. and besides, the name blu-ray even sounds better, i mean, hd-dvd makes it sound like its just a slightly beter version of a dvd, much like hdtv is a better version of a standard def tv. i just think that the hddvd creators were too lazy to come up with a proper name for it.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
Both are gonna struggle. If you think the casual are ready for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD then you are wrong. The up take will be good coz of the hardcore tech geeks, but the average person is at least 5 years from trading in dvd's for hd-disks. Less than 5% of Europe have HDTV's and even when they do go HD. I'm sure they'd rather upscale DVD's than throw out all their DVD's... Watch closely coz the next (Hollywood blah blah!! Format) crash is upon us. Downloads are the more likely winner in the next 10 years not Blu/HDDVD disks. Mostly my opinion tho..
aerziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 aerziel
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts
but the problem with downloads is your gonna spend alot on hardware which is your hard drive and also where will you store your movies when you ran out of space on your hard drive.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
hd dvd is 30gb and blu ray is 50 gb and it shows the winner already....more companies are working with blu ray and only a few on hd dvd....hd dvd is a complete failure thats why they dont sell anything..also cause microsoft was working on it!
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mightyboosh13
i have to say, M$ were very stupid to not put hddvd support directly into the xbox360. by making 360 owners pay 200 more, which from what i understand is almost the cost of a stand alone hd dvd player in the states ( im from nz), they are just showing how much they are after money. i personally cant wait untill hddvd finally quits. and besides, the name blu-ray even sounds better, i mean, hd-dvd makes it sound like its just a slightly beter version of a dvd, much like hdtv is a better version of a standard def tv. i just think that the hddvd creators were too lazy to come up with a proper name for it.skorpion352
Seriously??? Blu-Ray sounds better than HD-DVD. Maybe if you are some Sci-fi freak or Star Trekk lover. Why?? HD-DVD pretty much sums everything up. Why would you prefer HD-DVD to be called Super Laser Wazzup Disks??? Least you know what your getting a disk with HD visuals = HD-DVD... I'm not supporting HD-DVD disks but seriously your points are flawed. The 360 not including HD-DVD was one of the best decisions this gen (quote me on it). Seriously game compression is getting better and their isnt need for all that space (even if Kojima says its needed, its not). Having early HD drives makes loading games slower and their are other problems including costs. I wish the PS3 had a normal Dvd drive coz then it would cost a lot less. Having a Blu-Ray add-on is fine. Coz if it fails then you have nothing to worry about (like 360 hasnt) but if Blu-ray struggles/fails then Sony will be hit even more in the pocket. I dont support either format by the way. Both will be in trouble when the mass market refuse to ditch their DVD's for HD-Disks.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 planbfreak4eva
also hd dvd max resolution is 1080i and on blu ray 1080p...thats also why blue ray more expensive
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
And HD DVD outsold BD every month prior to that. BlacKJaCK2290
give up. You're done troll. Leave
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mightyboosh13
but the problem with downloads is your gonna spend alot on hardware which is your hard drive and also where will you store your movies when you ran out of space on your hard drive.aerziel
Agree Downloading is a pain. But... Things are changing Sky and other providers are offering HD Systems that let you record films and Tv. Large HDD's (200gb+) cost so little now. New ways of streaming and downloading are taking place and companies and BB providers are merging to push this new revolution. That will hit in I predict 4-5 years. The one thing that it lacks is "Customer Knowledge" lots of people find it confusing and complicated. But things are getting easier and people are getting smarter. I cant see Blue-Ray or HD-dvd winning. The avergae Joe-Bloggs buys the majority of products. And most will not see this as a big jump like VHS-DVD. And will see it as nothing but a way to take more of our cash. = Which in truth is all its about. Movie industries need us to re-buy all those old dvd's everybody owns. And to cut down piracy.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mightyboosh13
also hd dvd max resolution is 1080i and on blu ray 1080p...thats also why blue ray more expensive
planbfreak4eva
Thats not true. Why make things up. Both have similar quality and many have pointed out that HD-DVD is better implemented. But I still dont support either. And I dont favour either one. I want both to fail.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 planbfreak4eva
sectoid go check dixons.co.uk and search blu ray and then hd dvd and you will see that hd dvd goes up to 1080i only and check blu ray and it says 1080p i aint makign up anything
gmsnpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 gmsnpr
Member since 2004 • 4242 Posts
sectoid go check dixons.co.uk and search blu ray and then hd dvd and you will see that hd dvd goes up to 1080i only and check blu ray and it says 1080p i aint makign up anythingplanbfreak4eva
This is incorrect.  All of the HD-DVDs that I've looked at in-store are 1080p.  After a firmware update on the Toshiba player, it outputs 1080p.
stl_rams28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 stl_rams28
Member since 2005 • 610 Posts
[QUOTE="skorpion352"]i have to say, M$ were very stupid to not put hddvd support directly into the xbox360. by making 360 owners pay 200 more, which from what i understand is almost the cost of a stand alone hd dvd player in the states ( im from nz), they are just showing how much they are after money. i personally cant wait untill hddvd finally quits. and besides, the name blu-ray even sounds better, i mean, hd-dvd makes it sound like its just a slightly beter version of a dvd, much like hdtv is a better version of a standard def tv. i just think that the hddvd creators were too lazy to come up with a proper name for it.mightyboosh13
Seriously??? Blu-Ray sounds better than HD-DVD. Maybe if you are some Sci-fi freak or Star Trekk lover. Why?? HD-DVD pretty much sums everything up. Why would you prefer HD-DVD to be called Super Laser Wazzup Disks??? Least you know what your getting a disk with HD visuals = HD-DVD... I'm not supporting HD-DVD disks but seriously your points are flawed. The 360 not including HD-DVD was one of the best decisions this gen (quote me on it). Seriously game compression is getting better and their isnt need for all that space (even if Kojima says its needed, its not). Having early HD drives makes loading games slower and their are other problems including costs. I wish the PS3 had a normal Dvd drive coz then it would cost a lot less. Having a Blu-Ray add-on is fine. Coz if it fails then you have nothing to worry about (like 360 hasnt) but if Blu-ray struggles/fails then Sony will be hit even more in the pocket. I dont support either format by the way. Both will be in trouble when the mass market refuse to ditch their DVD's for HD-Disks.

Funny..you're talking like a Blu-Ray player can't play DVD's when it can, so people aren't going to have to throw out all their DVD's and DVD players the moment they get a Blu-Ray one. Stop being so dramatic.
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]also hd dvd max resolution is 1080i and on blu ray 1080p...thats also why blue ray more expensive
mightyboosh13
Thats not true. Why make things up. Both have similar quality and many have pointed out that HD-DVD is better implemented. But I still dont support either. And I dont favour either one. I want both to fail.

Why would you want both to fail? That's like saying you would rather watch regular programming on your HDTV. And no, upscaling DVD's is not a viable answer. I can upscale digital cable but it looks like garbage too.
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

And HD DVD outsold BD every month prior to that. BlacKJaCK2290

That's because HD-DVD came out b4 blu-ray. And 3 months ago, PS3 was not really launched.

Shawtymann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68 Shawtymann
Member since 2006 • 2561 Posts
why are lemmings in here??:?
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hcho3

[QUOTE="skorpion352"]i have to say, M$ were very stupid to not put hddvd support directly into the xbox360. by making 360 owners pay 200 more, which from what i understand is almost the cost of a stand alone hd dvd player in the states ( im from nz), they are just showing how much they are after money. i personally cant wait untill hddvd finally quits. and besides, the name blu-ray even sounds better, i mean, hd-dvd makes it sound like its just a slightly beter version of a dvd, much like hdtv is a better version of a standard def tv. i just think that the hddvd creators were too lazy to come up with a proper name for it.mightyboosh13

Ok, first of all, you don't judge the format based on names. If you gonna just bash blu-ray, because it sounds weird, then you are out of this conversation. WIi, anyone? That sounds great, right? Is xbox a word? NO.

Secondly, mass effect producer said that their game will fit barely on single DVD disc. What does that tell you, huh?

Kojima knows more than you do about compression and games, it's not up to you to decide whether he is right or wrong. But, if I have to listen between Kojima and you. I will listen to Kojima.

hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hcho3

[QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]sectoid go check dixons.co.uk and search blu ray and then hd dvd and you will see that hd dvd goes up to 1080i only and check blu ray and it says 1080p i aint makign up anythinggmsnpr
This is incorrect.  All of the HD-DVDs that I've looked at in-store are 1080p.  After a firmware update on the Toshiba player, it outputs 1080p.

That's incorrect... Only TOSHIBA HD-DVD player that will go up to 1080P is Toshiba HD A2. According to ign, this is the only HD-DVD player that will output 1080P. And this player costs just as much as blu-ray players. If not, more.

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mightyboosh13
I dont want either format to win because I dont think they are necessary just yet! I believe one of the main aims is to get Piracy preventions in place quickly and to just make more cash. Am I bothered if either succeed, no!. Coz I have a choice like us all. But I predict both will struggle thats all. Regards to the PS3 needing Blu-Ray. I'm not knocking the PS3 but I think BR was not needed this gen and it was included as an arsenal for the format launch & war with HD-DVD. MS was clever not to get involved as if they had gone with HD-DVD they would be in a little trouble with (HD-DVD) sale predictions. But coz its just a add-on they can bring out a Blu-Ray in the future. Tho HD-DVD add-on owners mayb annoyed. The BR drive included in PS3 is a great deal but price wise its expensive. Yes its cheaper than 360 + HD (add-on) but the choice is nice. About 1-2% of the Europe pop. is buying HD Disks. And BR is not needed for games. Yes Resistence is 14gb? and MGS4 (looks awesome will be getting my PS3 before then) is needed for BR. Its not totally true. Compression is a pain in the ass but its easily possible now adays with no loss. Yeh its time consuming for developers but BR has its own problems anyway. Either way we shall see if BR is needed in a year or two. I say no... Not coz I prefer 360 or PS3 or HDDVD or BR... Just my opinion is that compression is better for this gen. Its hitting new heights and being pushed further.
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 planbfreak4eva
the Toshiba HD-E1 HD DVD Player max resolution is 1080i not 1080p so its jsut S H I T
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
You picked movies from the BD exclusive studios dude of course their not on Bd with the exception of Happy Feet.BlacKJaCK2290
that's the whole point. Blu-ray will have more exclusive movies. and Happy Feet is selling better on Blu-ray, according to Amazon's data. So is The Departed.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="gp19"]I don't really care who wins becuase I have both players (PS3 and 360 add-on). What doesn't make sense to me is why people think that a disc capable of holding 50gb on its dual layer format will be beaten by one that holds close to 30.m3Boarder32

A standalone HD-DVD player is $265 brand new. They will be under $200 in no time.

blu-ray players will be around $300 by the end of the year. can you give me a link to that $265 HD-DVD player?
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 eclipsed4utoo

it's funny that you state that there is no need for all the space. Since when is space bad? It seems that the only developers saying that compression is good are the first-party developers for Microsoft. Most third-party developers say that they are excited that they have more space.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 m3Boarder32
Member since 2002 • 9526 Posts

[QUOTE="gmsnpr"][QUOTE="planbfreak4eva"]sectoid go check dixons.co.uk and search blu ray and then hd dvd and you will see that hd dvd goes up to 1080i only and check blu ray and it says 1080p i aint makign up anythinghcho3

This is incorrect. All of the HD-DVDs that I've looked at in-store are 1080p. After a firmware update on the Toshiba player, it outputs 1080p.

That's incorrect... Only TOSHIBA HD-DVD player that will go up to 1080P is Toshiba HD A2. According to ign, this is the only HD-DVD player that will output 1080P. And this player costs just as much as blu-ray players. If not, more.

Err you wanna play that game?  Well the HDXA2 does 1080p24, and it's available for $580 brand new.  The cheapest Bluray player capable of 1080p24 cost $1050 dollars.    Not only that,  but the HDXA2 is the best upconverting DVD player out on the market,  better at upconverting DVD's then even the $1300 dollar Bluray players
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="mightyboosh13"]Both are gonna struggle. If you think the casual are ready for Blu-Ray or HD-DVD then you are wrong. The up take will be good coz of the hardcore tech geeks, but the average person is at least 5 years from trading in dvd's for hd-disks. Less than 5% of Europe have HDTV's and even when they do go HD. I'm sure they'd rather upscale DVD's than throw out all their DVD's... Watch closely coz the next (Hollywood blah blah!! Format) crash is upon us. Downloads are the more likely winner in the next 10 years not Blu/HDDVD disks. Mostly my opinion tho..

why do people think that they have to throw out their whole DVD collection when moving to another format? Did you throw away all of your VCR tapes and bought their DVD counterparts? I doubt it. and you are speaking for all of Europe? how do you know what everybody wants?
Avatar image for MASTERCHIEFUSMA
MASTERCHIEFUSMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts
i personally dont see Blu-Ray winning the format war, Sure it might have more support and it is better in few ways, but remember BetaMax and VHS? it was the same way and who won? VHS thats why cause its cheaper, when consumers look at products they want quality with price, and HD-DVD and Blu-Ray look and sound the same but with the exception of price, im not calling this war yet but im placing my trust in HD-DVD
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="aerziel"]but the problem with downloads is your gonna spend alot on hardware which is your hard drive and also where will you store your movies when you ran out of space on your hard drive.mightyboosh13
Agree Downloading is a pain. But... Things are changing Sky and other providers are offering HD Systems that let you record films and Tv. Large HDD's (200gb+) cost so little now. New ways of streaming and downloading are taking place and companies and BB providers are merging to push this new revolution. That will hit in I predict 4-5 years. The one thing that it lacks is "Customer Knowledge" lots of people find it confusing and complicated. But things are getting easier and people are getting smarter. I cant see Blue-Ray or HD-dvd winning. The avergae Joe-Bloggs buys the majority of products. And most will not see this as a big jump like VHS-DVD. And will see it as nothing but a way to take more of our cash. = Which in truth is all its about. Movie industries need us to re-buy all those old dvd's everybody owns. And to cut down piracy.

do you really think that 40 year olds would rather download something off the internet or go buy a disc? neither of my parents know squat about computers. I tell them all the time that I download my DVD movies. do they care? no, they still go out and buy their DVDs cause they don't want to have to hassle with a computer.
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 eclipsed4utoo
i personally dont see Blu-Ray winning the format war, Sure it might have more support and it is better in few ways, but remember BetaMax and VHS? it was the same way and who won? VHS thats why cause its cheaper, when consumers look at products they want quality with price, and HD-DVD and Blu-Ray look and sound the same but with the exception of price, im not calling this war yet but im placing my trust in HD-DVD
MASTERCHIEFUSMA
you do know that BetaMax is still used today? where is VCR? comparing the blu-ray vs. hd-dvd battle to the betamax vs. VCR is just stupid. alot has changed in 30 years.
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
MASTERCHIEFUSMA
Horrible comparison. Betamax was a proprietary format by Sony and they limited it's distribution. Bluray is adobted by a great many software and hardware companies and some even sit on the Bluray Board.
psybrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 psybrid
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts
The HD DVD was so useless. Like the double layer dvd . the dvd is done!! stop thinkinh about reinventing the wheel if you know what i mean . The HD dvd was just a waist of time . who cares about HD dvd?? only fanboy who bought a stupid HD dvd for120$ . HDDVD= less storage capacity = big step foward= c r a plabatbleu
Are you kidding me? You may have a case for the HD DVD but dragging dual layer into this not only makes you look like an idiot but also makes you wrong. SD still dominates the market and really has nothing to do with your silly HD format wars. It did exactly what you're saying is the main feature of the Blu-Ray Disc, more space and you didn't even need any special equipment for it. Also, you're using reinventing the wheel completely wrong. If anything, Blu-Ray is reinventing the wheel while HD DVD is improving it.
tantalum2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tantalum2006
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
A format does not take a market by owning 0.5% of it compared to 0.3% owned by the competing technology.

The only winner in all of this so far is regular old DVD.  People who are shelling out for HD-TV's are by and large NOT shelling out for movie players that play movies in HD, because neither format has convinced the general public it's necessary to have the HD movie viewing experience at home.  Especially when a regular old DVD looks very very good on a new HD-TV.  People get a significant picture upgrade just by buying the HD-TV.  And in the end most people don't feel it's necessary because most people do not watch a movie because it looks good...they watch a movie because it is good.  It's all about the movie itself.

Blu-Ray or HD-DVD will not be a quick adoption.  Point to the few million PS3's that will be in homes by the end of the year all you like.  Just remember one thing.....there are over 200 million DVD players in the US alone.  A few million high definition players or either format mean absolutely nothing to the market.

And by the time people are ready to adopt a new standard, if they ever are, there will be many other way sto get that HD content as people have mentioned in this thread and others....online downloads, your cable service will have HD pay-per-view movies etc etc etc. 

BlacKJaCK2290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84 BlacKJaCK2290
Member since 2005 • 1775 Posts
I find it funny how if i don't agree with someone elses opinion i'm a troll. I imagine less than half of you guys actually have both formats (i do). I have had experience with both and i like HD DVD better than BD. So of course i am going to fight for the format that i think is better. I didn't bash BD or anything so calm down.
m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 m3Boarder32

[QUOTE="m3Boarder32"][QUOTE="gp19"]I don't really care who wins becuase I have both players (PS3 and 360 add-on). What doesn't make sense to me is why people think that a disc capable of holding 50gb on its dual layer format will be beaten by one that holds close to 30.eclipsed4utoo

A standalone HD-DVD player is $265 brand new. They will be under $200 in no time.

blu-ray players will be around $300 by the end of the year. can you give me a link to that $265 HD-DVD player?

http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=productpage&affid=8&pn=HDD1

Sorry, i guess its $276 - $10 for google checkout.  Still cheap tho.

M_Fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 M_Fresh
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts
Blu-Ray Wins! Sell ur $200 Hd-dvd add on... I work for best buy... Blu-ray out sells hd-dvd  3-1
Hartner_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Hartner_X
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts
Back here in Sweden, the HD-DVD are like a ghost... You wont find any of that crap. But Blu-Ray's going steady.
aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
Blu-Ray Wins! Sell ur $200 Hd-dvd add on... I work for best buy... Blu-ray out sells hd-dvd  3-1M_Fresh
This is true, one of the worker at Best Buy said people buying more bluray than ever, they are selling like hot cakes. The top selling movie on bluray this week is Casino Royale. Once the PS3 launch in Europe and Australia, Bluray movies will sell like crazy.
Gnr_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gnr_Helsing
Member since 2004 • 1602 Posts
I enjoy both formats, but Blu-Ray is the future!
SuperMouse1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SuperMouse1986
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
TLHBO
sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
[QUOTE="MASTERCHIEFUSMA"]i personally dont see Blu-Ray winning the format war, Sure it might have more support and it is better in few ways, but remember BetaMax and VHS? it was the same way and who won? VHS thats why cause its cheaper, when consumers look at products they want quality with price, and HD-DVD and Blu-Ray look and sound the same but with the exception of price, im not calling this war yet but im placing my trust in HD-DVD
ramey70
Horrible comparison. Betamax was a proprietary format by Sony and they limited it's distribution. Bluray is adobted by a great many software and hardware companies and some even sit on the Bluray Board.

Masterchief=halo=xbox fanboy=dmg control=tlhbo
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
Everybody knows HD-DVD is dead.
SuperMouse1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SuperMouse1986
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
Everybody knows HD-DVD is dead.Paul_TheGreat
Except microsoft, toshiba, and lemmings. :lol:
sPOON_f33dU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 sPOON_f33dU
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Everybody knows HD-DVD is dead.Paul_TheGreat
They know but they dont' accept the fact cuz they're fanboys
washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 washimul
Member since 2006 • 841 Posts

[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"]You picked movies from the BD exclusive studios dude of course their not on Bd with the exception of Happy Feet.gruoch1

troll? you know HD-DVD is done, its been in the workings for months. blu-ray wins, guess its not the next betamax

Yep im such a troll, i guess buying a PS3 for BD and owning over 16 Blu Ray movies qualifies me as a troll doesn't it.

i think it does

How do you figure that makes him a troll?

look at the GEARS OF WAR icon in his avtar........tht is very exposing     :)

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 m3Boarder32

Back here in Sweden, the HD-DVD are like a ghost... You wont find any of that crap. But Blu-Ray's going steady.
Hartner_X

Thats kinda weird when you consider HD-DVD owns 85% of the market in Europe,  for every 17 HD-DVD players sold, there are 3 Bluray players sold.

http://www.lyris-lite.net/2007/03/hd_dvd_leading_in_europe_85_to.html

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 m3Boarder32
[QUOTE="gruoch1"]

[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="BlacKJaCK2290"]You picked movies from the BD exclusive studios dude of course their not on Bd with the exception of Happy Feet.washimul

i think it does

How do you figure that makes him a troll?

look at the GEARS OF WAR icon in his avtar........tht is very exposing     :)

HHAHA your guys are funny,  one guy says HD-DVD is not done,  another guy says HD-DVD is done,  and its the guy that says HD-DVD is not done that is being name called.....You guys crack me up..

m3Boarder32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 m3Boarder32

[QUOTE="Paul_TheGreat"]Everybody knows HD-DVD is dead.sPOON_f33dU
They know but they dont' accept the fact cuz they're fanboys

Again.."HD-DVD is dead" is the fanboy remark, look yourself in the mirror every now and then.

washimul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 washimul
Member since 2006 • 841 Posts

http://www.eproductwars.com/dvd/

as seen above HD_DVD is dead in US.

in JAPAN Blue ray has a 95% adoption rate.

In Europe after march 23rd HD-DVD wont exist anymore.

around 500k CASINO ROYALE Bds are already sold...........most of those buyers are ps3 owners.

the fiirst 500k subscribers on 23rd march gets a free copy of CASINO ROYALE.

u can easily determine the HD-DVDs future in Europe

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 castlevaniaX
Member since 2004 • 547 Posts
It seems that blu ray will play its own role in supporting PS3 sales. lemmings can't take it any more