Welp, not sure what to do now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Like 3 weeks ago I bought a Vita used. I guess part of me didn't think to wait for Gamescom and the other part of me just didn't care.

Later I found out the damn thing was console banned though, essentially ruining it for me. I contacted Sony about this a couple of times and they came to the conclusion of f*** off we don't need your business. 

I feel like an idiot for not checking first but what the hell, I had no idea Vitas were already getting console banned? I mean seriously FOR WHAT?

Still plays games and internet works just fine but most features are obviously locked behind PSN even Content Manager for crying out loud.

I'm out of money (college student) and have no way to just buy a new vita as was suggested by Sony Support and both of my parents of course think I am now a dumbass but I feel like one too. 

Not sure what I should do with the thing guys any suggestions would be good I suppose but really this is just a rant. 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Did you buy it used from a store? I would try to return it if so. If you bought it from a random person then I guess you're out of luck.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Masenkoe

Did you buy it used from a store? I would try to return it if so. If you bought it from a random person then I guess you're out of luck. Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah craigslist unfortunately

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Did you buy it used from a store? I would try to return it if so. If you bought it from a random person then I guess you're out of luck. Masenkoe

never buy a cat in a bag

But the vita works and sony blocked it for some reason, is it stolen then or what

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Did you buy it used from a store? I would try to return it if so. If you bought it from a random person then I guess you're out of luck. Masenkoe

go over to the owner...honestly I would just buy a new one...its a heavy investment but its great to play vita online

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Masenkoe

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Did you buy it used from a store? I would try to return it if so. If you bought it from a random person then I guess you're out of luck. evildead6789

never buy a cat in a bag

But the vita works and sony blocked it for some reason, is it stolen then or what

Yeah learned my lesson on this one for sure. Honestly I buy a lot of stuff used so it didn't cross my mind. I seriously doubt its stolen but I can't imagine any particular reason as to how it actually got banned, its all official

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Masenkoe

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"]Did you buy it used from a store? I would try to return it if so. If you bought it from a random person then I guess you're out of luck. soapman72

go over to the owner...honestly I would just buy a new one...its a heavy investment but its great to play vita online

Yeah I will end up getting one for sure I love it way too much its just gonna be a while. I put 15 hours into Persona 4 but decided to stop there since I want that data connected to my account and stuff. 

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
I've never heard of a Vita being banned. So you can't play online but can still use the store? Weird. Have you tried formatting the Vita (factory reset) from the options menu?
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Masenkoe

I've never heard of a Vita being banned. So you can't play online but can still use the store? Weird. Have you tried formatting the Vita (factory reset) from the options menu?Articuno76

I have not tried a reset but I doubt it would solve anything. Nah you can't use ANY PSN related services. Web Browser, Welcome Park and Physical Games only. Trophies still pop but they obviously cannot be synched online. You cannot transfer content via USB either on or off the Vita, you can't use the Store and a multitude of other things.

If anything I just want this to also serve as a warning to others that you can see this happen and it makes your Vita a paperweight if you care at all about PSN. Sony will refuse to do anything regardless of the circumstances 

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Sounds like the prevrious owner did something he shouldn't have and didn't tell you about it. He probably installed something illegal and out of bounds of the contract so any support from Sony is a no go. I'm pretty sure there is no way to reverse Sony's decision.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Is the vita on the previous owners account or is yours banned now?
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Masenkoe

I'm pretty sure there is no way to reverse Sony's decision.Pvt_r3d

Nope I know that believe me, I tried.

Is the vita on the previous owners account or is yours banned now?p4s2p0

It was reset when I got it, mine is still fine my account is unrelated. System itself is barred from PSN entirely

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"] I'm pretty sure there is no way to reverse Sony's decision.Masenkoe

Is the vita on the previous owners account or is yours banned now?p4s2p0

It was reset when I got it, mine is still fine my account is unrelated. System itself is barred from PSN entirely

Surely it is the account tied to the system rather than the system itself, right? If that is the case then the formatting I suggested should get around the issue.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Masenkoe

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"]Is the vita on the previous owners account or is yours banned now?Articuno76

Surely it is the account tied to the system rather than the system itself, right? If that is the case then the formatting I suggested should get around the issue.

I could try formatting it but I am 99.99% sure it is a console ban. I can't remember the exact message that comes up when I tried to login but I asked and Sony was like NOPE

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Have you asked the seller about it?   

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

[QUOTE="Articuno76"][QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

Masenkoe

I could try formatting it but I am 99.99% sure it is a console ban. I can't remember the exact message that comes up when I tried to login but I asked and Sony was like NOPE

Do a factory reset to be sure.

http://factory-reset.com/wiki/PlayStation_Vita unofficial.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/psvita/settings/restore_system.html official.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The only thing to do is chalk it up as one of life lessons craigslist is not the best place to buy stuff.Â