Wow, really Bioware?! (Massive SWTOR spoiler)

• 126 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordreaven
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

Way to go making playing one faction COMPLETELY pointless.

(DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SPOIL JEDI KNIGHT STORY LINE!!!!!!!!) Linky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpnJeYVvhps

I'm sorry, but wtf was Bioware thinking?! I was actually enjoying the story lines, but this is just ******* stupid.

NOTE:I did not make it a clickable link so you cannot "Accidently" spoil it yourself

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Please explain why this makes one faction pointless to play.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lordreaven

GummiRaccoon

The ENTIRE ruling group was killed. This would be like the US losing the president, Senate, House, in one attack (Killing EVERYONE). Now that faction is GUARANTEED to fall apart due to a power vacuum.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Don't know what you're talking about (story wise), but actual story aside, that was terrible on so many levels, it's the worst thing I saw this entire year, I wanted to get it in Jan, but looks like I'll go to my initial plan and give it 3-6 months to get some more patches.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

lordreaven

The ENTIRE ruling group was killed. This would be like the US losing the president, Senate, House, in one attack (Killing EVERYONE). Now that faction is GUARANTEED to fall apart due to a power vacuum.

Well it is, ToR not ToE (the old empire). I am sure they have a plausible explanation why everything doesn't just collapse for the sith.

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordreaven

[QUOTE="lordreaven"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

Well it is, ToR not ToE (the old empire). I am sure they have a plausible explanation why everything doesn't just collapse for the sith.

Yeah, that would have been something to explore down the road via expansions. Bioware cannot pace themselves it seems.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

I don't dare to check the link, so could someone explain what was so bad in a spoiler-free way?

Bad dialogue/writing? Bad ending? Stupidity?

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lordreaven

I don't dare to check the link, so could someone explain what was so bad in a spoiler-free way?

Bad dialogue/writing? Bad ending? Stupidity?

Am_Confucius
Bad ending, VERY bad stupid ending.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

I don't plan on playing republic, so.... :P

lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lordreaven

I don't plan on playing republic, so.... :P

Steameffekt
I didn't either, but this makes playing Empire pointless.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Oh, yeesh, I don't know if I dare to click the link. If it's so bad then it won't matter and I don't plan to play jedi-knight anyway (?). Too mainstream.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Caution {nerd rage} Its just a game.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Bioware retconned Obsidians work just so they can rip them off , true story.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

"The Story with this emperor is this : He wants to Channel a spell to destroy the galaxy." but but bioware has dem stories!

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

MMO's have a story?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

nerd rage levels are over 9000

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I'm sorry, but wtf was Bioware thinking?! I was actually enjoying the story lines, but this is just ******* stupid.

NOTE:I did not make it a clickable link so you cannot "Accidently" spoil it yourself

lordreaven
Sorry, I am probably stupid but how does this make a faction useless. I'm sure there are various ways to continue this story.
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lordreaven
[QUOTE="lordreaven"]

FelipeInside
Sorry, I am probably stupid but how does this make a faction useless. I'm sure there are various ways to continue this story.

Sending you a PM as the Jedi Knight class also does more than that what the vid shows.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

It is Drew Crappyshyn who wrote the Jedi Knight story. What do you expect?

As for continuing the story...

[spoiler] A new emperor most likely will take his place, could perhaps one of the sith storylines lead to this? [/spoiler]

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

wow, that looked TERRIBAD. I guess SWTOR is a failure even amongst other theme-park MMOs.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

The Dark Council rules The Empire, not the Sith Emperor

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

wow, that looked TERRIBAD. I guess SWTOR is a failure even amongst other theme-park MMOs.

QQabitmoar
Theme Park MMO is the new word in fashion. And what a great review from you saying SWTOR is a failure from one cut-scene....
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lordreaven

The Dark Council rules The Empire, not the Sith Emperor

Darth_Kane
Most of which are dead (1 dies in IA story, and a whole bunch are killed during the Jedi Knight story)
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

FelipeInside

Theme Park MMO is the new word in fashion. And what a great review from you saying SWTOR is a failure from one cut-scene....

lets see, first it was, "the gameplay looks horrible, like a bad wow copy", then it was its bioware and its gonna focus on the story, now, the big awesome story is "some big bad sith want to use a spell to destroy the galaxy because hes bad like that". ok... so, it doesn't improve in gameplay, it doesn't improve in graphics, and it clearly does not imporve story (oh wait it has da voice acting). So what? did bioware think making a copy of something succesful would automatically make it succesful too?? what did they get right?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

Krelian-co

lets see, first it was, "the gameplay looks horrible, like a bad wow copy", then it was its bioware and its gonna focus on the story, now, the big awesome story is "some big bad sith want to use a spell to destroy the galaxy because hes bad like that". ok... so, it doesn't improve in gameplay, it doesn't improve in graphics, and it clearly does not imporve story (oh wait it has da voice acting). So what? did bioware think making a copy of something succesful would automatically make it succesful too?? what did they get right?

Let me fix that for you: - First it was "the gameplay looks horiible, like a bad wow copy" which resulted in gameplay being fun and lots of people saying positive things from the beta. - Then it graphics sux. The graphics are fine and I'm sure they will be better with the final product. - Then it was no one cares about story in an MMO which resulted in people actually praising the beta for making each quest (and even side quest) more interesting due to the voice acting and cut scenes.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Theme Park MMO is the new word in fashion. And what a great review from you saying SWTOR is a failure from one cut-scene....FelipeInside

Let me fix that for you: - First it was "the gameplay looks horiible, like a bad wow copy" which resulted in gameplay being fun and lots of people saying positive things from the beta. - Then it graphics sux. The graphics are fine and I'm sure they will be better with the final product. - Then it was no one cares about story in an MMO which resulted in people actually praising the beta for making each quest (and even side quest) more interesting due to the voice acting and cut scenes.

I agree the game is fine, and all the haters will be owned after release and a few months after, its the best mmo to come out since wow. You think people would be excited seeing how they have been waiting for this but no they still complain.
Haarhus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Haarhus
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

I agree the game is fine, and all the haters will be owned after release and a few months after, its the best mmo to come out since wow. You think people would be excited seeing how they have been waiting for this but no they still complain. Advid-Gamer

Thats what i heard when warhammer, AoC , aion, rift and other "the best" mmos were comming out, they all failed in a long term. Like it or not, soon SW:TOR will join that list also.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wis3boi

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]I agree the game is fine, and all the haters will be owned after release and a few months after, its the best mmo to come out since wow. You think people would be excited seeing how they have been waiting for this but no they still complain. Haarhus

Thats what i heard when warhammer, AoC , aion, rift and other "the best" mmos were comming out, they all failed in a long term. Like it or not, soon SW:TOR will join that list also.

You underestimate what having the star wars brand on things will do to popularity. Also, I don't see people whining about how Blizzard butchered the story and lore in WoW...oh wait, no one cared because it was all text box quests...derp
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

If people knew what i knew people would complain more.

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

Ridiculously stupid story aside, the only positive I saw from the video was that the voice acting is pretty solid. However, their dialogue was pretty cheese-tastic though. The animations were also terrible, and the whole thing looked about as epic as one of those beginner quest cutscenes, despite the fact that this is supposed to be the FINAL part of the story.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi

Ridiculously stupid story aside, the only positive I saw from the video was that the voice acting is pretty solid. However, their dialogue was pretty cheese-tastic though. The animations were also terrible, and the whole thing looked about as epic as one of those beginner quest cutscenes, despite the fact that this is supposed to be the FINAL part of the story.

xionvalkyrie
kinda hard to have singleplayer-level quality when you have 1600hrs of it
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
I don't understand anything of what's going on here.
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordreaven

If people knew what i knew people would complain more.

Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Please don't let it be bad news about my Imperial Agent (PM with what you know)
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lordreaven
I don't understand anything of what's going on here.F1_2004
The Jedi Knight class has a mission to kill pretty much the entire Government of the Empire.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
[QUOTE="F1_2004"]I don't understand anything of what's going on here.lordreaven
The Jedi Knight class has a mission to kill pretty much the entire Government of the Empire.

But that guy was Sith. Forgive my ignorance, but Jedi kill Sith, no?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co

[QUOTE="Haarhus"]

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]I agree the game is fine, and all the haters will be owned after release and a few months after, its the best mmo to come out since wow. You think people would be excited seeing how they have been waiting for this but no they still complain. wis3boi

You underestimate what having the star wars brand on things will do to popularity. Also, I don't see people whining about how Blizzard butchered the story and lore in WoW...oh wait, no one cared because it was all text box quests...derp

you really think the star wars brand will save a mediocre mmorpg? its the sole reason it has so much pre orders. give it a year.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

I found the trooper story pretty lacking too

[spoiler] When Havoc squad was deserting to the empire, I yelled take me too at my screen [/spoiler]

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

[QUOTE="xionvalkyrie"]

wis3boi

I guess they spent that ridiculous budget on drugs and hookers then.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="xionvalkyrie"]

xionvalkyrie

I guess they spent that ridiculous budget on drugs and hookers then.

EA threw it on advertising. Also....1600 hours...1600.....hours....or your standards are at insane levels
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lordreaven
[QUOTE="lordreaven"][QUOTE="F1_2004"]I don't understand anything of what's going on here.F1_2004

The guy was part of the DC, and betrayed the Emperor when he found out what he was planning. The rest refused to listen appearently. I may still buy the game, I just hope Bioware decides that the next Leader should not be a Saturday morning cartoon villain.
lordreaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lordreaven

Led_poison

OH GOD :lol: I would LOVE to play a Imperial Trooper. And to be honest, I did not expect that twist in the Trooper story.

EDIT: your spoiler tag would not allow me to reply, that's why it's not in my qoute.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wis3boi
[QUOTE="lordreaven"][QUOTE="F1_2004"][QUOTE="lordreaven"] The Jedi Knight class has a mission to kill pretty much the entire Government of the Empire.

The guy was part of the DC, and betrayed the Emperor when he found out what he was planning. The rest refused to listen appearently. I may still buy the game, I just hope Bioware decides that the next Leader should not be a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Chuck Testa for Emperor!
ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ZombiezLovePie
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

Don't know what you're talking about (story wise), but actual story aside, that was terrible on so many levels, it's the worst thing I saw this entire year, I wanted to get it in Jan, but looks like I'll go to my initial plan and give it 3-6 months to get some more patches.DanielDust
Please do, would give TOR a far more postive atmosphere. :D

QQabitmoar

Huh, what a fitting name.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

[QUOTE="Led_poison"]

lordreaven

OH GOD :lol: I would LOVE to play a Imperial Trooper. And to be honest, I did not expect that twist in the Trooper story.

EDIT: your spoiler tag would not allow me to reply, that's why it's not in my qoute.

They could have easily fixed this by having Havoc squad more invovled with you, they only acted as quests givers. So you do not feel any connection to them. The voice overs can only help so much.

One way they could have improved was by having quests where you are a part of Havoc squad in a combat scenerio. Where Tavis is barking orders, the squad going up against impossible odds. You have to overcome those odds. They could have added mechanics where i.e. Needles goes down and you become the "healer" and heal the squad or where Tavis goes down and you become the "tank" and tank the mobs. (This would be before level 10) so you are introduced to trooper mechanics and after you reach 10, you decide which you liked better.

The questing in this game is really bland and not only does this imrpove the story, it improves the questing, and introduces you to class mechanics.This feels like a lot of wasted potential.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]I agree the game is fine, and all the haters will be owned after release and a few months after, its the best mmo to come out since wow. You think people would be excited seeing how they have been waiting for this but no they still complain. Haarhus

But those games already had many complaints in Beta. I don't see ToR having that many complaints...

Also, 1 million preorders I heard..? and that's not counting the countries were it isn't realeased yet. (at launch)

ZombiezLovePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZombiezLovePie
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

But those games already had many complaints in Beta. I don't see ToR having that many complaints...

Also, 1 million preorders I heard..? and that's not counting the countries were it isn't realeased yet. (at launch)FelipeInside

900k American physical pre orders alone. That's not including other countries or online preorders, which is where evereyone I know including myself preordered, . So i'm gonna just guess around 3 million pre orders, could be more. Whether it can hold these numbers and/or bring more is still to be determined. I easily have high hopes myself.

TOR gets lots of complaints from GW2/WoW fanboys, people upset it's not a sandbox game, and people who have not given it a try; or if had, went in with the mindset of solely looking for flaws. I find that the latter would be a bit hard overall, but people do it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside
And add that some big countries dont have a release date (like here Australia). I ordered it anyway, but lots of people are waiting for local release. Apart from the fact it's the only sci fi mmo worth playing and it's SW, I'm just going off the fact that ive had fun with every BioWare game I've played
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#48 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

lordreaven
Why are you sorry? Did you write the story?
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

so whats the problem? watch it and wasnt really shock by it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

so whats the problem? watch it and wasnt really shock by it.

TheShadowLord07
It's something small called "overreaction"...