Which is the best Prince of Persia??

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vj02
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts
Well My Fav. is Warrior Within!!!!!!! Haven't played POP4 yet!!
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I like the first one, but Warrior Within has the best combat without a doubt.

Collecting lightseeds ruined the 4th one. Still haven't finished it.

Travisty32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Travisty32
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

It may be too early for me to say, seeing as how I haven't played the fourth one yet, butI think the first is the best, storywise, and the third is the best gameplywise.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I thought that The Two Thrones was the best.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

In my opinion the best is The Two Thrones, but the other 3 are great also.

CyberAltair5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 CyberAltair5
Member since 2008 • 1346 Posts

First was mehish, 3rd was my first PoP and it was good but the latest one is my fav. Collecting lightseeds and somewhat cramped level design was annoying.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
the latest one sucks, it's the same thing over and over and you never encounter more than one enemy. not only that, but the combat is a lot less engaging. i just finished sands of time (loooved it), now i'm playing warrior within (seems a little less awesome but still good). i'm excited to finish warrior within and play two thrones.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I thought that The Two Thrones was the best.

Legendaryscmt
This, it was absolutely epic, everything, action, cut-scenes, dialogues, everything.
vj0911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vj0911
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Warrior Within for me! But POP SOT has a good storyline!
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vj02
Is that it ?? Guys don't you know about POP series!! Come on tell me about your fev. POP game!!
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Prince of Persia 1 and Prince of Persia : Sands of Time were my two favorites of the series.

-Byshop

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#12 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
So far, my favorite is Sands of Time. Warrior Within was fun but felt unpolished. I'm currently playing The Two Thrones. It's pretty good.
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts
My favorite was the original Prince of Persia on the SNES. It's one of my favorites games of all time, actually.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Price of Persia 2.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
The original prince of persia and sands of time are my favorites
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

For me it was PoP: Warrior Within. That game has some great gameplay..and it was just a blast to play. The other were alright though. I haven't tried the new one yet.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

My favorite was the original Prince of Persia on the SNES. It's one of my favorites games of all time, actually.Mike1978Smith

The SNES edition wasn't the original.

-Byshop

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

I think Warrior Within was my favorite. Blended SOT, and two Throwns together well, and seemed to have the most entertaining gameplay. Two Throwns is probably my second favorite, I like SOT, but it seems weak compared to the other two. I never really played the original, but I really don't care for classic game design.

The new one is by far the worse in the series. I enjoyed that graphics, but that was about it. The story is basic, and only has a few entertaining moments. The new "powers" are fairly boring, and don't offer much compared to powers of the past games. Combat is pretty much non existant except for a few boss fights, and a couple spawns that you can pass through a majority of the time. The puzzles are fairly simple which I kind of liked since I mostly just look them up online. The running, and jumping which is suppose to be one of the cornerstones of the series hasn't evolved at all, and you've felt like you've already done all of it before if you played the other 3 games.

vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vj02
Well I like Worior Within coz ..the game is tricky. Awesome combat moves!! And being getting chased by a beast is someting...! Experiencing two different time periods through portals is also exciting
HOMIE_G64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 HOMIE_G64
Member since 2005 • 1482 Posts
The Two Thrones was an absolutely amazing game. Up there with God of War in the action-adventure hack-and-slashers.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Sands of Time: brought the Prince back into Fashion....a bit of repetitive combat but an awesome storyline with a great ending.

Warrior Within: best free-form combat I have ever seen in a game. The Prince goes dark, some liked it...some liked it not. Awesome combat, good platforming and a good story to back it up.

The Two Thrones: the conclusion to this awesome series. Combat a bit more simple than WW, but by no means less fun. Awesome platforming which nearly makes you fly. Great story also with a comfortable ending.

Prince of Persia 2008: I loved it, others didn't. They tried something new with the prince and in my books they succeeded. Not very advisable to compare to the other 3. Still, good combat, great platforming and a good story as well with a very interesting ending...

vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vj02

Sands of Time: brought the Prince back into Fashion....a bit of repetitive combat but an awesome storyline with a great ending.

Warrior Within: best free-form combat I have ever seen in a game. The Prince goes dark, some liked it...some liked it not. Awesome combat, good platforming and a good story to back it up.

The Two Thrones: the conclusion to this awesome series. Combat a bit more simple than WW, but by no means less fun. Awesome platforming which nearly makes you fly. Great story also with a comfortable ending.

Prince of Persia 2008: I loved it, others didn't. They tried something new with the prince and in my books they succeeded. Not very advisable to compare to the other 3. Still, good combat, great platforming and a good story as well with a very interesting ending...

FelipeInside
I haven't played POP 4 . please suggest ,should I go for it?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

vj02

Have you played the other 3? if not I would suggest playing all the original 3 in order..... then PoP08. If you've played the other 3 and enjoyed them....then YES, ABSOLUTELY go play Pop08, you will see it is different, but you will still enjoy the ride...
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vj02
[QUOTE="vj02"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

Have you played the other 3? if not I would suggest playing all the original 3 in order..... then PoP08. If you've played the other 3 and enjoyed them....then YES, ABSOLUTELY go play Pop08, you will see it is different, but you will still enjoy the ride...

I've played the trilogy earlier. played warrior within 7 times!! Is their any demo for POP 4, i wanna try that first!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="vj02"] I haven't played POP 4 . please suggest ,should I go for it?vj02

I've played the trilogy earlier. played warrior within 7 times!! Is their any demo for POP 4, i wanna try that first!

Just go out and buy it...trust me, it's cheaper now anyways. If you played WW 7 FREAKING TIMES, then for sure you will like MOST of the new PRINCE...
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vj02
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="vj02"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Have you played the other 3? if not I would suggest playing all the original 3 in order..... then PoP08. If you've played the other 3 and enjoyed them....then YES, ABSOLUTELY go play Pop08, you will see it is different, but you will still enjoy the ride...

Just go out and buy it...trust me, it's cheaper now anyways. If you played WW 7 FREAKING TIMES, then for sure you will like MOST of the new PRINCE...

I'll surely try this one out!! :)
mrmoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrmoto
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts

warrior within for me! just listen to the angry and darker prince yelling at those poor little soldiers!! travel through time, the cutscenes,the music, the fight system, the dungeons! and the two thrones comes second, great ending to the trilogy and the quick kill system was a great addition

vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vj02

warrior within for me! just listen to the angry and darker prince yelling at those poor little soldiers!! travel through time, the cutscenes,the music, the fight system, the dungeons! and the two thrones comes second, great ending to the trilogy and the quick kill system was a great addition

mrmoto
what's best about warrior within is how prince tries almost everything to change his fate . I don't think any other POP has such a great storyline!
kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kimkim01
Member since 2009 • 704 Posts

I didn't like the latest POP because it was too simplistic. You could never die, and the combat was a mishmash of "Push this botton nao!" crap that seems to satisfy a lot of other people.

Truth be told, the combat in Sands of Time was pretty easy as well, but the platforming was top-notch.

Warrior Within had better combat. What I didn't like was the deviation from the original Persian music.

Two Thrones was excellent. It took the best of Sands of Time and Warrior Within and blended them nicely.

The original 2d Prince of Persia was pretty difficult. I can't say this enough - a game with a 1-hour time limit is borderline sadistic. But it was good!

The first 3d Prince of Persia sucked balls.

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

Sands of Time ........ :)

*+

bawathegamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bawathegamer
Member since 2007 • 1498 Posts
two thrones by far. It was so much fun. Liked evrything about it. I liked that stealth stuff too. Alot of People needlessly bash this game for that. However TT had way less cinematic cutscens compared to WW from what i remember. There were like 4. Besides that thought it was THE best in the trilogy. Wrapped up the story nicely too. The first one is great too, but much less fun to play after playing TT. I thought ww was fairly weak with bad music, and went on forever . But i liked its cutscenes and story and some boss fights. Havent played the new one.
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
Sands of Time. I remember reading a review saying that it was like a bedtime story and that's what it felt like. Good story, simple combat, it was fun all the way through. Warrior Within is my least favorite. It felt like a chore finishing it and I just wanted to get it over with so I could go on to Two Thrones. I haven't played the fourth one yet.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts

I loved The Sands of Time, but Warrior Within had much better gameplay. The Two Thrones was easily the worst of that trilogy (it was basically a remake of The Sands of Time, with much less charm, a wasted opportunity for an epic story, annoying trial-and-error sections, dull QTEs, broken stealth gameplay, and a very poor substitute for the sand wraith).

I haven't played much of the latest game, but the inability to lose boss battles really annoys me, so...I'm tempted to say that Warrior Within was the best.

vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vj02
[QUOTE="bawathegamer"]two thrones by far. It was so much fun. Liked evrything about it. I liked that stealth stuff too. Alot of People needlessly bash this game for that. However TT had way less cinematic cutscens compared to WW from what i remember. There were like 4. Besides that thought it was THE best in the trilogy. Wrapped up the story nicely too. The first one is great too, but much less fun to play after playing TT. I thought ww was fairly weak with bad music, and went on forever . But i liked its cutscenes and story and some boss fights. Havent played the new one.

Strange!! I like music of WW very much. A great use of Indian musical instruments!! I think You haven't noticed!! :)
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vj02
Sands of Time. I remember reading a review saying that it was like a bedtime story and that's what it felt like. Good story, simple combat, it was fun all the way through. Warrior Within is my least favorite. It felt like a chore finishing it and I just wanted to get it over with so I could go on to Two Thrones. I haven't played the fourth one yet.artichoke
yeah it is a bit frustrating when you have to roam unnecessarily in same surroundings over and over...:( ! but that's what makes POP WW the toughest one other than SOT and TT . It needs patience to complete the whole game!!
jjjhsmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jjjhsmith
Member since 2003 • 799 Posts

I didn't like the latest POP because it was too simplistic. You could never die, and the combat was a mishmash of "Push this botton nao!" crap that seems to satisfy a lot of other people.kimkim01

I've never understood this complaint about PoP 2008. Why is rewinding time with sand powers until you die and have to reload so much better than Elika instantly bringing you back to the action?

Anyway, hmm best prince of persia eh? Sands of Time was amazing, awesome platforming, decent combat, great story, lots of personality to the characters. Probably my favorite of the modern PoPs. WW had the best combat of the series by far, nice mature change, incredible story. Didn't like the whole teenage angsty feeling the prince had, and the music was a big departure from what I had liked in SoT but I think it worked....just wasn't as good as it could have been. TT had good combat again, missed the dismemberment of WW though, a shame they took it away. Back to the roots of SoT imagery which I liked, a nice blend of Sands of Time and Warrior Within. I hate quick time events though. The chain whip did make for an awesome change of pace.

And then finally the newest entry, great art style, IMO one of the best looking games out there. Innovative platforming with the power pads, annoying collection of light seeds wasn't too much of a hassle since I liked the platforming sections, trying to get everywhere. Combat was ok, I still hate quicktime events. My big problem was the non-linear paths you could take meant the games difficulty didn't really scale up at all, and you had to do a lot of back tracking once you had activated all of the different power plates. Not a huge deal, but worth noting. So with all that, I think POP:SoT was the best new entry into the prince of persia franchise

kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kimkim01

I've never understood this complaint about PoP 2008. Why is rewinding time with sand powers until you die and have to reload so much better than Elika instantly bringing you back to the action?

jjjhsmith

My problem with it (and I guess I speak for a lot of others) is that it took away from the challenge of the game. Sure, in the other games you could rewind your mistakes, but it had a window of opportunity [which is the past 8-10 seconds] and a limited number of charges. You never had to be careful in the new POP. There were no consequences for dying. Call me old school, but I think it just diminishes the feeling of accomplishment when you get to the end because you could get there whatever happened. Most of the time it just felt like it was "PLATFORMING FOR DUMMIES". Whereas in the other games you actually had to minimize mistakes because you might need that sand later.

I do agree that the new POP had excellent artistic and musical direction though. If only we could get the best of both worlds in the next Prince of Persia -> Think of a game that has the platforming and atmosphere of SOT, the combat of WW and TTT, and the musical and art direction of POP 2009. Now that'd be a great game, I think.

Tian_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tian_2008
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Sands of Time is the best. Who has not played it, Their life is useless in the gaming world.

vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vj02

[QUOTE="jjjhsmith"]

kimkim01

My problem with it (and I guess I speak for a lot of others) is that it took away from the challenge of the game. Sure, in the other games you could rewind your mistakes, but it had a window of opportunity [which is the past 8-10 seconds] and a limited number of charges. You never had to be careful in the new POP. There were no consequences for dying. Call me old school, but I think it just diminishes the feeling of accomplishment when you get to the end because you could get there whatever happened. Most of the time it just felt like it was "PLATFORMING FOR DUMMIES". Whereas in the other games you actually had to minimize mistakes because you might need that sand later.

I do agree that the new POP had excellent artistic and musical direction though. If only we could get the best of both worlds in the next Prince of Persia -> Think of a game that has the platforming and atmosphere of SOT, the combat of WW and TTT, and the musical and art direction of POP 2009. Now that'd be a great game, I think.

I have just started playing POP4....so far so good! well...gameplay appears to be simplistic, but you still needs some skills to play the game. ok you are right up to a certain extent but it's still FUN . It's not disappointing, though not challenging like WW
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

Sands of Time

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

[QUOTE="Mike1978Smith"]My favorite was the original Prince of Persia on the SNES. It's one of my favorites games of all time, actually.Byshop

The SNES edition wasn't the original.

-Byshop

What I mean is the SNES version of the original. (ei: the original PoP on the SNES). I prefer it over the original PC version, mainly because the controls are tighter.
kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kimkim01

What I mean is the SNES version of the original. (ei: the original PoP on the SNES). I prefer it over the original PC version, mainly because the controls are tighter.Mike1978Smith

I don't find that surprising -> I remember pestering my uncle to get a joypad so I could finish the original POP on the PC.

Who can forget the feeling of finding the sword on the first level? Or heading right immediately without a weapon? Good times.

lazygangsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lazygangsta
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="kimkim01"]

[QUOTE="jjjhsmith"]

vj02

I have just started playing POP4....so far so good! well...gameplay appears to be simplistic, but you still needs some skills to play the game. ok you are right up to a certain extent but it's still FUN . It's not disappointing, though not challenging like WW

Well looks like you are a fan WW! I like it too man, the only problem is it's too lengthy. Have you really played it 7 TIMES!!! then why have you rated it 9/10. I have not played POP 4 yet .Is it worth buying the game?
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vj02

[QUOTE="vj02"][QUOTE="kimkim01"]

lazygangsta

Well looks like you are a fan WW! I like it too man, the only problem is it's too lengthy. Have you really played it 7 TIMES!!! then why have you rated it 9/10. I have not played POP 4 yet .Is it worth buying the game?

Yeah I have played it 7 times but it doesn't mean i have finished it 7 times:oops: anyways you asked about pop4.. well I m playing it right now..and you know what it's not that bad. If you are not playing it coz of the reviews then trust me It's fun..It's easy and it's a bit cheap now!! Go buy it:D

kimkim01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kimkim01

^^^ Well, to each his own. I didn't really like it because it was too easy for my tastes.

PTMags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PTMags
Member since 2006 • 783 Posts

If anyone is interested in trying out the new Prince of Persia it's on sale on gogamer.com for $18 for the next two days.

roemajee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 roemajee
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
warrior within is the best without any doubt. and the last pop is the worst. however, pop series are superb.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts
my fav is SOT followed by the third one (forget its name). after that its a toss up between WW and POP4. i didnt like the direction WW took and i am still playing POP4 so i cant really decideyet. at the mo id give POP4 the edge. i dont like the combat in POP4 but i do like the platforming and seed collecting. figuring out how to get all the seeds is quite fun though imho. as for the elika thing...i think it suits the platformer genre to be honest. it encourages the player to take more risks but still punishes them for their mistakes. the punishment though is just plonking the player unto the last platform they were on..which is fair enough. i dont see any purpose being served by killing the player and putting them back to the last save point. thats for the platforming only though....im not sure quite how it applies to combat (so far it hanst caused me any big trouble) but my understanding is that when elika saves u the enemy regains a portion of their health. i think that the price should be able to take a bit more of a beating than he can but if elika has to save you then the enemy gets all health back.
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vj02

my fav is SOT followed by the third one (forget its name). after that its a toss up between WW and POP4. i didnt like the direction WW took and i am still playing POP4 so i cant really decideyet. at the mo id give POP4 the edge. i dont like the combat in POP4 but i do like the platforming and seed collecting. figuring out how to get all the seeds is quite fun though imho. as for the elika thing...i think it suits the platformer genre to be honest. it encourages the player to take more risks but still punishes them for their mistakes. the punishment though is just plonking the player unto the last platform they were on..which is fair enough. i dont see any purpose being served by killing the player and putting them back to the last save point. thats for the platforming only though....im not sure quite how it applies to combat (so far it hanst caused me any big trouble) but my understanding is that when elika saves u the enemy regains a portion of their health. i think that the price should be able to take a bit more of a beating than he can but if elika has to save you then the enemy gets all health back.osan0

Third one was two thrones! strange, I liked the looks of WW very much compared to other two, where prince looked aggresive. the dungeons were the best and unique thing in the game. but I do agree that POP 4 is not that impressive.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

[QUOTE="osan0"]my fav is SOT followed by the third one (forget its name). after that its a toss up between WW and POP4. i didnt like the direction WW took and i am still playing POP4 so i cant really decideyet. at the mo id give POP4 the edge. i dont like the combat in POP4 but i do like the platforming and seed collecting. figuring out how to get all the seeds is quite fun though imho. as for the elika thing...i think it suits the platformer genre to be honest. it encourages the player to take more risks but still punishes them for their mistakes. the punishment though is just plonking the player unto the last platform they were on..which is fair enough. i dont see any purpose being served by killing the player and putting them back to the last save point. thats for the platforming only though....im not sure quite how it applies to combat (so far it hanst caused me any big trouble) but my understanding is that when elika saves u the enemy regains a portion of their health. i think that the price should be able to take a bit more of a beating than he can but if elika has to save you then the enemy gets all health back.vj02

Third one was two thrones! strange, I liked the looks of WW very much compared to other two, where prince looked aggresive. the dungeons were the best and unique thing in the game. but I do agree that POP 4 is not that impressive.

thats what i didnt like about the second one. i loved the arabian fantasy and childishness of the price on the first one. imho the characters had alot more character. WW was all grey and gloomy and angy......ure average game setting really. two thrones also found a very nice middle ground imho. to each their own though :D. i actually think POP4 would have been better if they took out the combat and just focused on the platforming and being more creative on that side of things.