Which is the best Prince of Persia??

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Two thrones, it has combat from the 2nd game but the game is like the first one.
vj02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 vj02
Member since 2009 • 890 Posts

[QUOTE="vj02"]

[QUOTE="osan0"]my fav is SOT followed by the third one (forget its name). after that its a toss up between WW and POP4. i didnt like the direction WW took and i am still playing POP4 so i cant really decideyet. at the mo id give POP4 the edge. i dont like the combat in POP4 but i do like the platforming and seed collecting. figuring out how to get all the seeds is quite fun though imho. as for the elika thing...i think it suits the platformer genre to be honest. it encourages the player to take more risks but still punishes them for their mistakes. the punishment though is just plonking the player unto the last platform they were on..which is fair enough. i dont see any purpose being served by killing the player and putting them back to the last save point. thats for the platforming only though....im not sure quite how it applies to combat (so far it hanst caused me any big trouble) but my understanding is that when elika saves u the enemy regains a portion of their health. i think that the price should be able to take a bit more of a beating than he can but if elika has to save you then the enemy gets all health back.osan0

Third one was two thrones! strange, I liked the looks of WW very much compared to other two, where prince looked aggresive. the dungeons were the best and unique thing in the game. but I do agree that POP 4 is not that impressive.

thats what i didnt like about the second one. i loved the arabian fantasy and childishness of the price on the first one. imho the characters had alot more character. WW was all grey and gloomy and angy......ure average game setting really. two thrones also found a very nice middle ground imho. to each their own though :D. i actually think POP4 would have been better if they took out the combat and just focused on the platforming and being more creative on that side of things.

Well buddy different people different choices. Do anyone know about POP look-alike games or series..

grumpyyoungman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 grumpyyoungman
Member since 2009 • 100 Posts
i vote for the original PoP...not the sands of time...but the original. one of the best pc games of all time.
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

The best is probably the sands of time as i could see that still appealing to audiences, say 10 years from now, but I would have to say my favorite is warrior within too. I didn't care much for the dark, doom and gloom atmosphere which totally squandered all the charm of it's predecessor. However, it somehow worked and, i think, the level design and combat system are the best in the trilogy. Both of which helped make it a very challenging game which i find a big plus. So up to this day it is the only game out of the trilogy (never bothered with the latest instalment) that i replayed more than once.

ObLaDiObLaDa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ObLaDiObLaDa
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

POP was one of the first series that caught my attention...I believe the best one was Sands of Time,great story and characters,then comes Warrior Within and last of all the Two Thrones...I played the new POP and i believe that it shouldn't be compared to the previous ones as it is completely different in every way...I enjoyed it enough,although i wouldn't suggest it to someone who is searching for the same excitement Warrior Within had to offer...