Unofficial Guild Wars 2 Thread Version 2.0.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

User Lists: 0

#451 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
TIL: The level-up animation procs a large AoE knockdown. #WvWShenanigains.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#452 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
TIL: The level-up animation procs a large AoE knockdown. #WvWShenanigains.illmatic87
if you somehow successfully time a level up in a WvW battle, you deserve a large AoE knockdown.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 illmatic87
^Killjoy
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454 BrunoBRS
BTW

I was in FA for aprox 2 week and got my ranger to level 19. 1-15 zones have *enough* people but 40+ was as deserted as in Blackgate or Dragonbrand. Was soooooo good the first week game came out, now its a solo game-.- . Was also in JQ for some time and its exactly the same thing, some people in lev >15 zones but as soon as you go over 30 or 40 its like 1-3 persons per half an hour you'll see running around.

silversix_
spent a few hours on a lv30-40 area today. passed by quite a few people, including a guildie. it's active enough to me.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#455 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

BTW [QUOTE="silversix_"]

I was in FA for aprox 2 week and got my ranger to level 19. 1-15 zones have *enough* people but 40+ was as deserted as in Blackgate or Dragonbrand. Was soooooo good the first week game came out, now its a solo game-.- . Was also in JQ for some time and its exactly the same thing, some people in lev >15 zones but as soon as you go over 30 or 40 its like 1-3 persons per half an hour you'll see running around.

BrunoBRS

spent a few hours on a lv30-40 area today. passed by quite a few people, including a guildie. it's active enough to me.

Yup. Also I been through Gendarren Fields and Bloodtide Coast recently and I seen quite a few people there too.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 illmatic87
It's the off the personal story zones like Fields of Ruin, Iron Marches, Dredgehaunt Cliffs and to some extent Timberline Falls that tend to feel 'empty'. Still, even in these empty areas, there were always 1-3 that drop by an event chain. Even in these smaller groups, I thought people were more vocal in using '/say' compared to the zergy uhh... wham-bam-thank-u-ma'am questing behavior around launch. But there are populated areas for all levels that direct from the starter zones and towards Lions Arch, then down towards Orr.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]It's the off the personal story zones like Fields of Ruin, Iron Marches, Dredgehaunt Cliffs and to some extent Timberline Falls that tend to feel 'empty'. Still, even in these empty areas, there were always 1-3 that drop by an event chain. Even in these smaller groups, I thought people were more vocal in using '/say' compared to the zergy uhh... wham-bam-thank-u-ma'am questing behavior around launch. But there are populated areas for all levels that direct from the starter zones and towards Lions Arch, then down towards Orr.

the zone i was talking about was fields of ruin :P turns out you go there if you play vigil.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 Wanderer5

Big news today. Winterdays has been shown (at least the ad on the main site) and will be from Dec 14th to Jan 3rd.

Also today the self hair style and total makeover kits have been released.

Total makeover can't change race nor name, but it sounds like you can change the gender lol (since you can't change the name, it would be weird seeing a male name Smia:P). I think I perfectly fine with both my characters' appearances so I won't bother.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#459 BrunoBRS
tyria's santa is a creepy chubby asura. seriously, that thing can instill nightmares.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#460 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Yay just reached lev20 fotm and on my first run got the Fractal GS from daily chest. Haven't seen a single person with those yet , i feel so special lolz. Looks tight on my mes but clips with everything -.-
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

Big news today. Winterdays has been shown (at least the ad on the main site) and will be from Dec 14th to Jan 3rd.

Also today the self hair style and total makeover kits have been released.

Total makeover can't change race nor name, but it sounds like you can change the gender lol (since you can't change the name, it would be weird seeing a male name Smia:P). I think I perfectly fine with both my characters' appearances so I won't bother.

Wanderer5
kewl, even if I only plan on adding a beard or changing hair, no matter how much time you've put on the original creation sooner or later you grow old of the character and this will just add more longevity.
tyria's santa is a creepy chubby asura. seriously, that thing can instill nightmares.BrunoBRS
all asura are creepy, every time I log off I fear some cannibal ones will come to end my avatar.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462 Wanderer5

kewl, even if I only plan on adding a beard or changing hair, no matter how much time you've put on the original creation sooner or later you grow old of the character and this will just add more longevity.Kane04

Eh I rather keep the look permanent unless there something that really bugs me. Maybe I change my guardian's hairstyle to the one her beta version had, but that would be it.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="Kane04"]kewl, even if I only plan on adding a beard or changing hair, no matter how much time you've put on the original creation sooner or later you grow old of the character and this will just add more longevity.Wanderer5

Eh I rather keep the look permanent unless there something that really bugs me. Maybe I change my guardian's hairstyle to the one her beta version had, but that would be it.

she didn't always have the "50's mom" haircut? :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Kane04"]
tyria's santa is a creepy chubby asura. seriously, that thing can instill nightmares.BrunoBRS
all asura are creepy, every time I log off I fear some cannibal ones will come to end my avatar.

no, this one is special. it looks like it eats the heads of live children for dinner, and it comes to town in an elder dragon-sized golem zeppelin that looks like a tortured flying puppet.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

[QUOTE="Kane04"]kewl, even if I only plan on adding a beard or changing hair, no matter how much time you've put on the original creation sooner or later you grow old of the character and this will just add more longevity.BrunoBRS

she didn't always have the "50's mom" haircut? :P

:lol: The beta Smia had a somewhat similar hairstyle, but it looked a bit more "wild" like, one that now I looking back too, I like a little better. I guess I probably thought the one I chosen was the hairstyle, but doesn't look like it.

2012060900024.jpg

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 BrunoBRS
eh, i like the old one. i'm too used to it :P on a side note, my super pretty cultural armor:  and the cattle prod that's actually a severed tentacle (?!)  i'd have resized it, but glitchspot is in a bad mood.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 Wanderer5

eh, i like the old one. i'm too used to it :P on a side note, my super pretty cultural armor: and the cattle prod that's actually a severed tentacle (?!) i'd have resized it, but glitchspot is in a bad mood.BrunoBRS

Yeah I still like the one Smia been having, so eh no need to change it.

And that a really nice looking cultural armor.:) Wish the medium cultural armor for the Charr were great (eh tier 2 is decent through).

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 Kane04
Here's a question for who ever might be able to answer, I've been looking for a condition damage upgrade for my weapon, found this +10 with every kill max 25. Now question is, if I get 2 for my weapons when I change them will it stick or reset? Because I'm always changing back and forward during combat.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 illmatic87

The stack stays permanent until downed/zone out. It's best to just have one of those on a set, it's easy to stack up 25 as you just need to have the weapon on hand and get credit for a kill (doesnt even need a killing blow and you can even do most of the damage with another weapon and swap before it's about to die and it will count). Though I am pretty sure that if you have 2 of the same sigil on a set it will stack 2 per kill and I am pretty sure that if you have an identical stacking sigil on two sets, it will stack up onto each other. Could be wrong, though - head to the Mists and try it out to make sure

More on those sigils: The nice thing about it is that even if you unequip the weapon with that sigil, you keep that stack of 25; so once you reach that full stack, you can replace that weapon with another one with a different sigil (eg. 5% extra damage). I do this in WvW.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Kane04"]Here's a question for who ever might be able to answer, I've been looking for a condition damage upgrade for my weapon, found this +10 with every kill max 25. Now question is, if I get 2 for my weapons when I change them will it stick or reset? Because I'm always changing back and forward during combat.

the stacks won't go away if you switch weapons, HOWEVER, only one of the stack sigils will work at a time. two similar stack sigils won't work, and two different stack sigils (even if on different sets) won't work. the same applies to the chance on crit sigils, though having two of the same sigil boosts the chance of the effect happening.
ChrispyChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#471 ChrispyChris
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
I have a warrior around level twenty two and an elementalist around level sixteen. If anyone wants to game sometime, let me know your name to add and what world. I'll switch over even to play!
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472 BrunoBRS
I have a warrior around level twenty two and an elementalist around level sixteen. If anyone wants to game sometime, let me know your name to add and what world. I'll switch over even to play!ChrispyChris
most of the gamespot community is part of the same active guild in Fort Aspenwood. just send Zihark Darshell a mail in-game and i'll get you in.
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 Kane04
[QUOTE="ChrispyChris"]I have a warrior around level twenty two and an elementalist around level sixteen. If anyone wants to game sometime, let me know your name to add and what world. I'll switch over even to play!BrunoBRS
most of the gamespot community is part of the same active guild in Fort Aspenwood. just send Zihark Darshell a mail in-game and i'll get you in.

I've been thinking about switching over if i wasn't stuck with my brother and his group of friends that came from TOR and made a guild. Honestly that lot is ALWAYS offline. But I think what I dislike most of all is the lack of RP. I remember when WOW came along it sounded amazing, unfortunately back then I couldn't get into it. Turns out apparently (at least SWTOR and GW2) is all about lvling and LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG -____- Chill dudes, always running up and down, took me like 2 months to hit lvl80 and when I see guides "1 to 80 in a week, in a day, in 4 hours, come one come all 4 hours power level guarantee" whats the fun in that? o_O By the way, here's my latest look:
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 BrunoBRS
^ that's a pretty awesome look. and i don't think the game is ALL about LFG, it's just that right now getting a dungeon group requires that (they said they're working on it though), so it becomes more apparent than it is. i personally really enjoy doing dungeons, though i didn't bother with explorable mode until after 80.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
my god, all phantasms got f*ckedup and jump not working LOL i bet no one at anet is testing, none. Since nov 15 update i feel like playing a cheap MMO made with a budget of 5$ + a Big Mac. I DO NOT like where everything is going, qq.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 Wanderer5

my god, all phantasms got f*ckedup and jump not working LOL i bet no one at anet is testing, none. Since nov 15 update i feel like playing a cheap MMO made with a budget of 5$ + a Big Mac. I DO NOT like where everything is going, qq.silversix_

They already fixed the jump issue.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 illmatic87

Since nov 15 update i feel like playing a cheap MMO made with a budget of 5$ + a Big Mac. I DO NOT like where everything is going, qq.silversix_
Hyperbole much? What went wrong with the Phantasms?

I like where things are going, as I see more content available in the near future.

-

Most notable change from the new patch

"Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.". Thank goodness. People were LOS'/glitching through camp buildings and spamming stealth to deny supply camp captures lol

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479 illmatic87

I've been thinking about switching over if i wasn't stuck with my brother and his group of friends that came from TOR and made a guild. Honestly that lot is ALWAYS offline.

But I think what I dislike most of all is the lack of RP. I remember when WOW came along it sounded amazing, unfortunately back then I couldn't get into it. Turns out apparently (at least SWTOR and GW2) is all about lvling and LFG LFG LFG LFG LFG -____- Chill dudes, always running up and down, took me like 2 months to hit lvl80 and when I see guides "1 to 80 in a week, in a day, in 4 hours, come one come all 4 hours power level guarantee" whats the fun in that? o_O By the way, here's my latest look: Kane04

You can always join the guild and rep one and hop back at will. It's active during US peak times.

But yeah, that's kinda the downsides of a tightly structured MMO like this. Throw in other people in the mix and for some, it becomes a fight for social status, with who has what and with LFGing/efficiency being the fastest way of achieving something all for the sake of showing it off for other players to see. WvW is the closest I've been in GW2 to 'RP'; ransacking supply, scouting around and seeing familiar faces night in and night out. The server in-fighting that has been happening in our server has been lighting things up to make things pretty interesting as well.

-

My alt is kinda guilty of powerlevelling (with crafting, WvW and visiting different chains), but I've pretty much covered most of the world with my main. Not following a guide at all, just going by memory to the things I remember enjoying the first time through, Though. The only levelling guide i'll give a pass to is to how time-consuming, expensive and complex cooking is. They should really make those Vanilla beans and Chilli peppers alot less scarce than they are.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Wanderer5

Did all of the Lion's Arch jump puzzles and the one in Kessex Hills. Troll's End was so much fun with a Charr and that wonderful camera! I liked the one with the captain ghost a lot.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481 BrunoBRS

Did all of the Lion's Arch jump puzzles and the one in Kessex Hills. Troll's End was so much fun with a Charr and that wonderful camera! I liked the one with the captain ghost a lot.

Wanderer5
first thing i did when i got the game was play those puzzles lol. and i can't recall the kessex hills one.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

first thing i did when i got the game was play those puzzles lol. and i can't recall the kessex hills one.

The Collapsed Observatory which is near that village with the floating castle.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

The Collapsed Observatory which is near that village with the floating castle.

don't think i've done it lol
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Wanderer5

Lol sounds like everyone, even those that were log in for the ancient Karka event or finished it got a Karka chest.:lol:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 BrunoBRS

Lol sounds like everyone, even those that were log in for the ancient Karka event or finished it got a Karka chest.:lol:

Wanderer5
they just mailed the rewards to all the people who tried to participate but had connection issues.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 Wanderer5

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

BrunoBRS

they just mailed the rewards to all the people who tried to participate but had connection issues.

Yeah but I got one too along others, and also sounds like those that weren't log in got it too.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Wanderer5

Yeah but I got one too along others, and also sounds like those that weren't log in got it too.

HAXXORZ. on an unrelated note, i've fallen in love with sPvP again. playing a pistol/dagger thief. really, really fun. took a few days of fine tuning, but i'm really proud of my build.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 illmatic87

5YpZu.jpg.

:lol:

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

5YpZu.jpg.

illmatic87

YES!

So manly, I look up to him :D My toons cant even compare :(

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 BrunoBRS

5YpZu.jpg.

illmatic87
HE'S A CARE BEAR!
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 Kane04
Wondering if the drop rate for BL Keys and Fine Transmutation Stones was lowered. I had 10 fine stones in the bank I got in the first weeks of play (over 2 months ago), and back then I also remember getting my hands in quite a few Keys, now adays nothing, ziltchs, rien, nada, the square root of jack. Seems like I'm gonna have to get some gems for stones D: But its ok ANet, I still love you for the brilliant game.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 BrunoBRS
i never got a fine transmutation stone without buying gems. just make sure gems are cheap (as in do that before people start buying for christmas) and you should be fine. also i'm addicted to sPvP. sooooooooooo gooooooooooood
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 Kane04
I haven't played a single sPvP match yet o_O About the fine stones I don't remember if I got 10 in one go or more than 1 BLC, I just remember it was earlier in my game and I thought it would be very common. Now that I'm building 2 armor sets (one for PVE another for WvW) and I need some I realized I still had just those 10, so I googled and apparently its VERY rare o_O I have +59% of magic find already (gonna get the superior sigil of the traveler to add more) and no fine stones or keys, idk if this is a lvl thing or ANet actually tinkered with it to make more money with the gem store. Still, nothing to worry, I still need to do 2~3 weeks of PVE to get the gold for 2 sets of runes and tokens for dungeon armor, I'll still have 1 stone left after my plan so I guess after this i'll have to count on with the gem cost for my future needs. And how about Times magazine naming this GOTY?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 BrunoBRS
i'm not sure if BLTC items are affected by magic find. usually the easiest way to get keys and stones is by being really lucky when getting 100% in a map. i never had such luck ;-; i have 3 PvE sets: one for general PvE, one for WvW, and one for dungeons (which is my main build). the general PvE set was made just with karma exotics and dungeon armor, so it wasn't a problem. the WvW set recycles some gear from that set, so i only needed 4 stones for it. and the dungeon set was made before gems got to the current price :P
Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 Kane04
^ wow 3 sets? And I thought 2 might not be necessary. My PVE is gonna be power/c damage/and a lot of magic find, no defence but because the pets argo and tank (bears) no need, just wish I had a better burning. WvW I'm gonna go power/c damage/toughness/vitality, so hopefully I'll last longer... that sounded kinda wrong o.O That reminds me, when I got an eagle I thought it was gonna be a brilliant WvW pet, small and moving a lot would surely last long and do a lot of damage. But AoE kill the birds with 1 strike D: Does anyone know how to check the actual magic find stat? All I know is count the % on the gear. As for gems I've read that if you play the market you can do a lot of money, I don't feel like actually buying them with real money because I know I'll get a gambling problem D:
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Kane04"]^ wow 3 sets? And I thought 2 might not be necessary. My PVE is gonna be power/c damage/and a lot of magic find, no defence but because the pets argo and tank (bears) no need, just wish I had a better burning. WvW I'm gonna go power/c damage/toughness/vitality, so hopefully I'll last longer... that sounded kinda wrong o.O That reminds me, when I got an eagle I thought it was gonna be a brilliant WvW pet, small and moving a lot would surely last long and do a lot of damage. But AoE kill the birds with 1 strike D: Does anyone know how to check the actual magic find stat? All I know is count the % on the gear. As for gems I've read that if you play the market you can do a lot of money, I don't feel like actually buying them with real money because I know I'll get a gambling problem D:

i just want variety with my character, plus i have a lot of armor skins i like, so i came up with reasons to wear them all :P
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#498 Wanderer5

Play league of legends instead! :) http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=50c4f227f17b8812201126FirstoneStandin

Lol no!

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 illmatic87
As for gems I've read that if you play the market you can do a lot of money, I don't feel like actually buying them with real money because I know I'll get a gambling problem D:Kane04
Before you even try. You should take note that the conversion costs from Gems > Gold and Gold > Gems arent on parity. Though there is always a chance that you'll make a profit from the conversion, it's just that you'll have to have alot of 'spare' gold (gold not used to buy gear you need) invested in gems for quite an extensive period (weeks-months) for it to be worthwhile. I personally think it's best to just use the TP as a way to save money, instead of actually trying to profit from it. - There's no way to check the actual magic find stats. I know that there is an internal % on the loot tables. So for the boring info: if there's a 2% chance to get a rare, and you have 150% MF, you'll have a 5% chance instead. You'll only notice better drops of rare if you're doing alot of killing. But you'll definitely notice a significant increase of green drops with MF gear (which you can either sell or pop into the forge for a chance of getting a rare).. -
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 BrunoBRS
a great way to make some money that you didn't even know you have is grab all those crafting materials piling up in your collection and sell them all.