Titanfall Origin Exlcusive! :(

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#101 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Oh well, if its a game I want I don't really care where its on. Sure I lvoe steam and GOG.com but I dont mind if a game is on origin or ubisoft to much at all (Infact ive had better customer support with origin and ubisofts program than I have with steam, even though I love steam).

veolyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 veolyn
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

I already decided I wasn't going to pay $60 for a multiplayer-only game, but requiring Origin is just icing on the cake. Definitely no buy from me.

Oh well, if its a game I want I don't really care where its on. Sure I lvoe steam and GOG.com but I dont mind if a game is on origin or ubisoft to much at all (Infact ive had better customer support with origin and ubisofts program than I have with steam, even though I love steam).

kozzy1234

Wait, seriously? EA is infamous for its terrible customer service.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I already decided I wasn't going to pay $60 for a multiplayer-only game, but requiring Origin is just icing on the cake. Definitely no buy from me.

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

veolyn

Wait, seriously? EA is infamous for its terrible customer service.

I've noticed EA customer service is hit and miss. Some people have bad experiences (mostly in the past), others have good experiences. I've even heard of EA service giving out free games because of inconveniences...
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#104 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Wait, seriously? EA is infamous for its terrible customer service.veolyn
It depends on who attends you. When I tried to redeem my Crysis key on Origin the first time an idiot didn't want to do it. Second time, the assistant helped me and also gave me a discount coupon.

Steam is terrible on customer service though. Last time I used their customer service it took a whole week to have an answer from them while EA and Ubisoft answer you fast.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Pinkscare
Member since 2013 • 57 Posts
[QUOTE="veolyn"]Wait, seriously? EA is infamous for its terrible customer service.Miroku32
It depends on who attends you. When I tried to redeem my Crysis key on Origin the first time an idiot didn't want to do it. Second time, the assistant helped me and also gave me a discount coupon.

Steam is terrible on customer service though. Last time I used their customer service it took a whole week to have an answer from them while EA and Ubisoft answer you fast.

Try getting a refund from SimShitty...
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#106 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I'll buy it.

It's silly to think that EA published titles won't be exclusive to Origin moving forward.  You'd think people would have realized that by now.

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#107 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

lol, you won't buy it because it uses origin ? I always found that reason to be extreamly stupid. 

Anyway i'm happy it's origin and not GFWL, when they said they'll use Microsoft's cloud servers for the PC verison too, i thought Titanfall would use Games For Windows Live, a service which does not support my country anymore.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I'll buy it.

It's silly to think that EA published titles won't be exclusive to Origin moving forward.  You'd think people would have realized that by now.

NeonNinja

Yeah seriously. It's not like it's particularly intrusive either. Origin can pretty much be a glorified launcher if that's all you want it to be. I've never used it for  anything else.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#109 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
you can also just add the origin games to steam and launch from there.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
The only thing that I really don't like about Origin is that the window pops up if you launch a game through a shortcut. I already have it running- it should just stay running in the background and not throw itself up on the screen. Other than that, I have no real complaints about it.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#111 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"]The only thing that I really don't like about Origin is that the window pops up if you launch a game through a shortcut. I already have it running- it should just stay running in the background and not throw itself up on the screen. Other than that, I have no real complaints about it.

same here. That's what exactly I hate about it. It keeps popping up.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#112 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

I'll buy it.

psn8214

Yeah seriously. It's not like it's particularly intrusive either. Origin can pretty much be a glorified launcher if that's all you want it to be. I've never used it for  anything else.

Yeah a lot of people complain way too much about Origin without having any valid reason to do so.

It started out kind of poorly with the download errors and lack of games, but it's really improved since then and at worst it's just another service to buy/launch games from that people complain about too often.

I just don't understand how anybody that has been a gamer for the past two years could think EA wouldn't push their PC gaming service by releasing PC games on it.

TheCheeseWeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113 TheCheeseWeel
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@psn8214: you don't get it. I don't like EA, with their business practices and burning their customers, i dont want to go back to origin. BF3 was OK, BF4 was almost unbearable, and the DRM for Sim City makes me wish i never installed it on my computer. Plus, I want all my games to be in one place, i dont want multiple sources of where my game is coming from. I know that you can make short cuts to non steam games, but you still need to log in, and go on origin if you want to play, or update it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By FelipeInside

@thecheeseweel said:

@psn8214: you don't get it. I don't like EA, with their business practices and burning their customers, i dont want to go back to origin. BF3 was OK, BF4 was almost unbearable, and the DRM for Sim City makes me wish i never installed it on my computer. Plus, I want all my games to be in one place, i dont want multiple sources of where my game is coming from. I know that you can make short cuts to non steam games, but you still need to log in, and go on origin if you want to play, or update it.

All I read was ME ME ME ME.

You don't like Origin or EA, fine. Don't play their games and Don't install Origin, end of story. Don't cry later on if a game gets released that you want to play though.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

wont stop me..people keep bashing Origin as if it's a cancer to gaming or something. it's been 2 years people..get over it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 FelipeInside

@lawlessx said:

wont stop me..people keep bashing Origin as if it's a cancer to gaming or something. it's been 2 years people..get over it.

I'm still waiting for the SWAT team to come through my window. Remember when people were going crazy thinking it scanned your files and spied on you?

kirby1fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 kirby1fan
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I really thought there was a chance it would be on Steam considering it uses Source. I don't like Origin because none of my other friends have it and there aren't many games on there that interest me. This game interests me, but I can't play with my friends who are all on Steam. I also am skeptic about EA ever since the Sims server incident. This game will probably be the same way the first few weeks, but eventually I'll probably get it (even if it's for the 360).

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

@Tokeism said:
I wont be buying it as it looks like a bad game, not because it requires origin

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#120  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
@JangoWuzHere said:

It's really silly to be complaining about Origin these days. If you don't like Origin, then you don't like Steam. If you don't like Steam, then why are you even playing PC games?

lol, just by stating this you have shown you have no idea what you are talking about. Origin is so far behind Steam in features it is staggering. Even after 3 years it has no community hubs, no hot-join, no parties, no easy method of joining you friends games, 3rd party DRM, 3rd party anti-cheat (PunkBuster for **** sake), and a mirriad of other issues. It is also a resource hog and it has seen next to no major improvements in 2+ years of development.

So you just keep dreaming that Origin and Steam or remotely equal in terms of features and ease of use. Because it certainly isn't reality.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

It's really silly to be complaining about Origin these days. If you don't like Origin, then you don't like Steam. If you don't like Steam, then why are you even playing PC games?

lol, just by stating this you have shown you have no idea what you are talking about. Origin is so far behind Steam in features it is staggering. Even after 3 years it has no community hubs, no hot-join, no parties, no easy method of joining you friends games, 3rd party DRM, 3rd party anti-cheat (PunkBuster for god **** sake), and a mirriad of other issues. It is also a resource hog and it has seen next to no major improvements in 2+ years of development.

So you just keep dreaming that Origin and Steam or remotely equal in terms of features and ease of use. Because it certainly isn't reality.

WOW SerOlmy, your hate for EA has no boundaries. Now that hate makes you even say stupid things that aren't true. No one is going to take you seriously here when you babble on with random things you come up with in your head...

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: Everything I stated is true about Origin.

No hot-join, no parties, no join friends games, 3rd party anti-cheat (PunkBuster which is a cancer in and of itself), broken auto-update, broken patching/DLC downloads (still takes multiple retries on games like ME3 to get DLC to download properly). That isn't even taking into account the spying on all the files on your system and packet-sniffing. So kindly **** off unless you have something useful to contribute or put your money where you mouth is disproving my assertions on Origin.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@FelipeInside: Everything I stated is true about Origin.

No hot-join, no parties, no join friends games, 3rd party anti-cheat (PunkBuster which is a cancer in and of itself), broken auto-update, broken patching/DLC downloads (still takes multiple retries on games like ME3 to get DLC to download properly). That isn't even taking into account the spying on all the files on your system and packet-sniffing. So kindly **** off unless you have something useful to contribute or put your money where you mouth is disproving my assertions on Origin.

The Hate is strong in this one.

At least you gave me a good laugh. The Spying and Packet-Sniffing made my week.

No point responding to a hater which won't see past his hate.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: You are such a troll. Whenever you can't argue on merit it turns into a attack on person. Shows a limited intellect and personality complex (see I can make baseless insults too). Again, I ask you to disprove what I have said, it is well known that Origin grabs your file system names and sends them off to EA when you use it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

, it is well known that Origin grabs your file system names and sends them off to EA when you use it.

LOL, I'm a TROLL??? Hahahahahahahaha. Oh wait.... Hahahahahahahahha. Thanks for the laughs again.

Every EA thread on these forums always has a post from this guy named SerOlmy (maybe you know him?) bashing the crap out of EA or anything to do with them, yet I just got called a troll? Logic out the window.

And Origin grabs my files? really? Damn, I better watch out for the SWAT Team. If you think it does, then you better get off the internet fast cause your browser is doing the same thing, and even your modem, maybe even your monitor, who knows?

Uhh, nearly forgot to post a picture:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#126 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59239 Posts

All the more reason to ignore it.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: And yet... unsurprisingly you have not refuted any of my assertions... just straight to attacks on person.

I wonder why that it...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By uninspiredcup

@SerOlmy said:

@FelipeInside: And yet... unsurprisingly you have not refuted any of my assertions... just straight to attacks on person.

I wonder why that it...

My friend that's the way he works. When he can't win arguments he scans through posts looking for anything to pick up in desperation. When nothing exists it just turns into a big rant about nothing. A huge waste of time.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SerOlmy

@uninspiredcup: Of this I am well aware. It amuses me to antagonize him. He gets so much validation from posting on these forums.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@uninspiredcup: Of this I am well aware. It amuses me to antagonize him. He gets so much validation from posting on these forums.

LOL, you guys are on a roll today, making me smile.

I already answered your question 10 posts if you had cared to read.

I've tried in the past to bring up points in your argument, but what's the point of conversing with someone who can't see past his hate for EA?

I could post links and debunk heaps of things you said, but at the end your hate for EA will still make your brain think you are the only one who is correct, hence my precious time will be dedicated to have a chat with people who actually don't let their emotions affect their thinking.

EDIT: and attacks on person? hahahaha, another good joke. Where? I merely said that you have hate for EA (true) and that you're paranoid that Origin is spying on you (true too).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By uninspiredcup

@SerOlmy said:

I agree my friend. When it comes down to it, the only respect that matters is your own self respect. Constantly seeking validation from others is simply caring to much what other people think.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By SerOlmy
@FelipeInside said:

I could post links and debunk heaps of things you said...

No you could not. Because the sings I said are true. Thanks for playing.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:
@FelipeInside said:

No you could not. Because the things I said are true. Thanks for playing.

My point proven perfectly. Thank YOU.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup:

Constantly seeking validation from others is simply caring to much what other people think.

From the guy arguing with everyone saying Insurgency is da best game ever. Oh the irony x 2...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 uninspiredcup

@SerOlmy said:
@FelipeInside said:

Nice win. Smoked like a Cuban cigar.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By FelipeInside

@uninspiredcup said:

@SerOlmy said:
@FelipeInside said:

Nice win.

There's the problem you guys face. You think this is a competition where someone has to lose and someone has to win. It's a forum, it's called a conversation. It's called opinions. Use the dictionary.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: You seem to be of the opinion that "facts" are the same thing as "opinions". You are entitled to your own opinions, not your own facts. My original post was based on fact, not opinion.

3/10 please try again.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

My original post was based on fact, not opinion.

Oh the irony.

Show me fact where Origin is spying on you.

Show me fact where Punkbuster is used on all Origin games.

Show me fact where 99% of the games don't autopatch themselves to perfection.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#139 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Doesnt bother me, i wont be buying it since im tired of the COD formula, and i dont think it is worth $60.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: Challenge accepted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PunkBuster Scroll down to games using PunkBuster - nearly every BF game including 4, nearly every NFS game, MoH, nearly every Tom Clancy game.

As for the failure to auto-update and patch properly just Google *EA game name* fail to update or DLC download error. I know from personal experience patching ME3 was a nightmare for myself and multiple friends. Said it was patched when it wasn't, wouldn't download DLC or it was corrupted, EA login server fighting Origin on what DLC was downloaded and what wasn't. BF3/4 frequently has the same problem based on reports.

As for scanning files it has no business accessing you can read this discussion on the EA forums. It is somewhat old, but they have not changed the behavior or the EULA that says they can basically do whatever they want with the data they harvest.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@FelipeInside: Challenge accepted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PunkBuster Scroll down to games using PunkBuster - nearly every BF game including 4, nearly every NFS game, MoH, nearly every Tom Clancy game.

As for the failure to auto-update and patch properly just Google *EA game name* fail to update or DLC download error. I know from personal experience patching ME3 was a nightmare for myself and multiple friends. Said it was patched when it wasn't, wouldn't download DLC or it was corrupted, EA login server fighting Origin on what DLC was downloaded and what wasn't. BF3/4 frequently has the same problem based on reports.

As for scanning files it has no business accessing you can read this discussion on the EA forums. It is somewhat old, but they have not changed the behavior or the EULA that says they can basically do whatever they want with the data they harvest.

Ok, I believe you if you say some games run Punkbuster and that's a reason not to play them.... (Steam sells games with it) or some random games have a few issues patching and hence it's a reason not to play EA games (Steam games patch perfectly all the time?), or some random discussion about paranoia and people spying means Origin is a no go. (Steam doesn't have any of that in the EULA?)

You don't have Origin installed by any chance do you? or play any EA games right? Good... just use Steam which is superior in every way and 4 sure doesn't do any of the things you mentioned. Stay safe.

Exiled_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Exiled_Paladin
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts

@SerOlmy: virgin.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#143 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@Tokeism said:
I wont be buying it as it looks like a bad game, not because it requires origin

This but even if it was a good i wouldn't simply because of origin and EA.

i stopped buying ea games after mass effect 3.

Devoo55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#144 Devoo55
Member since 2007 • 3006 Posts

Wait, what? You're deciding not to buy a PC game because it requires Origin? Haha.... Why do you play PC games?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 FelipeInside

@Devoo55 said:

Wait, what? You're deciding not to buy a PC game because it requires Origin? Haha.... Why do you play PC games?

Most of the time it isn't true.

They want to come across as EA Haters and say they don't buy EA games, but then in reality have Origin installed and play them anyway.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It's bad news after bad news for this game, wtf...

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#147 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Why wouldn't you get it on Origin? They have the good game guarantee. If you don't like it you can return it. That makes it a good idea to buy some things on Origin.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SerOlmy

@ShepardCommandr: Same. I haven't purchased an EA game since ME3, and haven't had Origin on my PC since last March when I did my 5th and final play through.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 FelipeInside

@SerOlmy said:

@ShepardCommandr: Same. I haven't purchased an EA game since ME3, and haven't had Origin on my PC since last March when I did my 5th and final play through.

Oh so you DID have Origin installed... and DID play EA games?

Why did you install Origin in the first place since it "spies on you and does packet sniffing (your words)"?

Why did you play EA Games if they are an evil greedy company?

Don't give me the BS about you uninstalled last March since the "spying" rumours were around 3 years ago before it even launched, and EA games had issues patching before last March too.

Typical hypocrite. I knew it. Chances are you will buy Titanfall down the road and yet come on here and complain about EA and Origin.

Now there REALLY is no use responding to you anymore.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By SerOlmy

@FelipeInside: Man you have gotten rabid lately. Just go after anyone that disagrees with your opinion. I mean yeah I despise EA, but I'm not attacking people left and right for disagreeing. I just post my reasons and arguments.

You immediately resort to attack on person arguments EVERY FRICKEN THREAD these days. Unlike you a really don't need validation from random internet posters. I just like discussing this stuff and and pointing out how terrible EA has become in the last 3 years. And just an FYI I sandboxxed Origin so I could play the conclusion to one of my favorite series in gaming. And I am still irritated to this day, both from having to deal with Origin and the bitter taste ME3 left in my mouth.