Titanfall Origin Exlcusive! :(

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

I am more worried about it actually being optimized than requiring Origin. 

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts
Bleh, well that's a shitter. Maybe I won't be playing Titanfall...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59239 Posts

[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"] Some people dislike EA, quite a few friends of mine just avoid buying Origin games. Makes sense, EA have lost a whole lot of goodwill. I'm not bothered, but ay, they have work to do.FelipeInside

Aye. EA hasn't shown me any killer games yet. Only reason I tried origin was due to Battlefield 3 requiring it. All it did was make me wish it ras running through steamworks. And was good.

You guys do realize that EA is mostly a publisher right?

And?

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

From what I remember, Titanfall is also only MP, with no SP elements ... right ? And it's Origin exclusive ? With EA's sh*t pricing module ?

No f*cking way I'm gonna buy this ... not a chance.

4StringSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 4StringSamurai
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts

I already have desura, steam, and games for windows. no way in hell am i installing anymore platforms.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

Aye. EA hasn't shown me any killer games yet. Only reason I tried origin was due to Battlefield 3 requiring it. All it did was make me wish it ras running through steamworks. And was good.

uninspiredcup

You guys do realize that EA is mostly a publisher right?

And?

And the shitty games u guys talk about normally comes from what's called a DEVELOPER, not a Publisher???
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 uninspiredcup

[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] You guys do realize that EA is mostly a publisher right?FelipeInside

And?

And the shitty games u guys talk about normally comes from what's called a DEVELOPER, not a Publisher???

Which is on Origin, owned by EA. and "EA" have no killer games on it to get me interested.

So,.. what was the point of this? Just trying to make an argument out of nothing? Seems so.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#58 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Origin is serviceable. Its better than Uplay.
commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

will never buy any EA games after bf3

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#60 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Origin isn't bad at all. 

Not wanting to buy a game just becuase it's going to utilize Origin is really pointless. It's not bad practice by EA. Many devs get away with forcing the usage of Steam and nobody complains about that. It's only when EA decides to utilize their own version of a DD service and light DRM is it an issue. 

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Wasdie  Moderator

Origin is serviceable. Its better than Uplay. biggest_loser

Anything is better than Uplay. That service is terrible.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Wasdie  Moderator

Lach0121

It's running on the Source engine. It will be really well optimized.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 uninspiredcup

Origin isn't bad at all. 

Not wanting to buy a game just becuase it's going to utilize Origin is really pointless. It's not bad practice by EA. Many devs get away with forcing the usage of Steam and nobody complains about that. It's only when EA decides to utilize their own version of a DD service and light DRM is it an issue. 

Wasdie

How so? I'm pretty sure most people don't want to jump from service to service and would prefer just having all there games in one place.

I sure as hell don't enjoy jumping from steam, to GWFL, to Origin, to Uplay to whatever.  It's much less hassle just to get my games on steam, it has better community features for titles that support it, all my freinds are on it and i'm just plain use to it. Alot of us have been using steam for near enough a decade. Unless Origin is going to offer me some really, really awsome incentive, I generally don't bother with it. As of yet, they have yet to do it. The rate and features steam has been adding, they are going to have an uphill battle. That and It's EA. Valve have earned my trust. They have done basically the oppisite.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#64 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Origin isn't the problem, the problem is the game seems to be terrible. Coming from the developers of MW2, you can't expect something good.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11790 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Wasdie

Oh I didn't realize. The Source engine shouldn't present much problems for them to optimize the game.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

Lol. You kids kill me. Who gives a flying f*ck whether its Steam, Origin, whatever exclusive. Alone that's horrid reason not to buy a game and I will never understand it. 

NoAssKicker47

I'm with you. Even GFWL didn't prevent me from buying Batman: AA or Dark Souls

Same. I never had an issue with GFWL even when it seemed like everyone was, so I never balked when buying a game using it.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Wasdie

I still can't believe they chose to build it using Source. Good for them honestly, it can look very good in the right hands. 

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
It was created by the minds behind Modern Warfare 2. Its probably not going to be very good anyway. I'm not staking any money on it until I've seen reviews and assessed it for myself.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Pinkscare
Member since 2013 • 57 Posts
I know people say why support Steam and not Origin... well, I'll explain. 1) I like my games in one place. Simple. I don't want a client just for EA games. [I don't care for Uplay either] 2) My wife has purchased every expansion the Sims 3 offered, and out of the blue her account is banned for fraud; nothing they can do. My wife doesn't even know how to open and damn .zip file, much less try to perform fraudulent harm to EA. She now cannot access her account, so she is on mine. 3) Read 1-2. 4) The way SimCity was handled. I was refused a refund for a piece of crap. 5) SimCity.
CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

Even less likely to get the game now :(

Google Search  Google Translate  Wikipedia  Search YouTube  Search Amazon  Share Share:Google+FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditEmail  
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Orgin is basically steam now. So who cares, anyone who still complains about orgin needs to grow up. I find it funny people still have a reason to cry about installing a 20 mb program. Does everyone have pcs with dual core cpus, 120 gb hd and 1 gb of ram or something. 

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Luckily, it looks like everything I don't want :P

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
I would ask what's wrong with origin, but I'm afraid I'll get a bunch of stupid answers that are incredibly petty and don't make any sense when you think about how Steam is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. I don't buy games because of the service they run on, I buy games because I want to play them and Titanfall seems fvuking awesome.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#74 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58452 Posts

its a video game. Stop being a bunch of hipsters

play it because you like it.  or dont play it because you dislike it.  it is that simple.

Origin is no worse than Steam.  I actually kind of like it, at least as far as BF3 is concerned.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 James161324

I would ask what's wrong with origin, but I'm afraid I'll get a bunch of stupid answers that are incredibly petty and don't make any sense when you think about how Steam is EXACTLY THE SAME WAY. I don't buy games because of the service they run on, I buy games because I want to play them and Titanfall seems fvuking awesome.Brean24

Basically EA took their games off steam, so now some people are still butt hurt. In its current state orgin=steam

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

And?

uninspiredcup

Which is on Origin, owned by EA. and "EA" have no killer games on it to get me interested.

So,.. what was the point of this? Just trying to make an argument out of nothing? Seems so.

No argument. Just seem silly to me to judge a game based on it's delivery system, that's all.
Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
It's an EA game, what did you expect?
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
What I don't get is why they chose to develop a NEXT-GEN game using the source engine. I mean seriously of all the infinitely better looking engines you could have chosen, why Source?
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
What I don't get is why they chose to develop a NEXT-GEN game using the source engine. I mean seriously of all the infinitely better looking engines you could have chosen, why Source?Brean24
It looks fine to me. Source runs great and this is an MP online game so rest assured, it'll be a smooth experience.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#81 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

What I don't get is why they chose to develop a NEXT-GEN game using the source engine. I mean seriously of all the infinitely better looking engines you could have chosen, why Source?Brean24

After a decade of making Quake 3 engine games they couldn't learn a modern toolset like, say, CryEngine 3.

They actually claim Source allows them to work faster.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Brean24"]What I don't get is why they chose to develop a NEXT-GEN game using the source engine. I mean seriously of all the infinitely better looking engines you could have chosen, why Source?Baranga

After a decade of making Quake 3 engine games they couldn't learn a modern toolset like, say, CryEngine 3.

It might??? Maybe they are just used to Source and therefore work faster with it???
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

This campaign againist origin is silly..just get over yourself and enjoy the game.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Think this is eas practice now they seam to be doing it for every multiplayer game..Ignoring the single player game an going right to the multiplayer..Id rather play a singleplayer over multiplayer any how if its included great if not i got a 1000 other games i can do wiht multiplaying..

I use both origins an steam its not to bad although i wish origins was more like steam with there own set ups..Steam is easier to use really..Eas games are more expansive than any other company if yall havent noticed..Its a shame really..

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
I'll probably get it on console if even. Games that force Origin and Uplay on me for PC are a no-no.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#86 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
If the game is good and the price is reasonable, i'll get it whatever DD service possible.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Elann2008

[QUOTE="Brean24"]What I don't get is why they chose to develop a NEXT-GEN game using the source engine. I mean seriously of all the infinitely better looking engines you could have chosen, why Source?Baranga

Illogical fallacy.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pinkscare
I honestly do not have to "get over myself." I choose not to buy EA games. That is a personal choice for my very own reasons. It's not like I'm telling people not to buy it; I'm simply stating my opinion, without telling others what to do.
James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 James161324

I honestly do not have to "get over myself." I choose not to buy EA games. That is a personal choice for my very own reasons. It's not like I'm telling people not to buy it; I'm simply stating my opinion, without telling others what to do. Pinkscare

but then atleast have a valid agruement. It seems most are just butt hurt becuase ea will not let them use steam. 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Pinkscare"]I honestly do not have to "get over myself." I choose not to buy EA games. That is a personal choice for my very own reasons. It's not like I'm telling people not to buy it; I'm simply stating my opinion, without telling others what to do. James161324

but then atleast have a valid agruement. It seems most are just butt hurt becuase ea will not let them use steam. 

So which EA Games aren't you buying? Cause most of the time EA just publishes them.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Pinkscare

[QUOTE="Pinkscare"]I honestly do not have to "get over myself." I choose not to buy EA games. That is a personal choice for my very own reasons. It's not like I'm telling people not to buy it; I'm simply stating my opinion, without telling others what to do. James161324

If you go back, I did make a valid argument. Anyway, it's a personal choice. I just don't get the "growz up d00d" posts. I think the people that should grow up are those that jump on other people for their non-Origin supporting opinions/decisions. I'm not telling people not to buy this game. It looks sweet! However, I'm just stating that I do not support EA with my hard-earned money.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Pinkscare
[QUOTE="James161324"]

[QUOTE="Pinkscare"]I honestly do not have to "get over myself." I choose not to buy EA games. That is a personal choice for my very own reasons. It's not like I'm telling people not to buy it; I'm simply stating my opinion, without telling others what to do. FelipeInside

So which EA Games aren't you buying? Cause most of the time EA just publishes them.

Well, I stopped playing EA Sports stuff when I moved away from consoles. I don't play Battlefield, Dead Space, Mass Effect, or any of the other big games. I did, however, love Mirror's Edge. I had huge hopes for SimCity.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="James161324"]

Pinkscare

Well, I stopped playing EA Sports stuff when I moved away from consoles. I don't play Battlefield, Dead Space, Mass Effect, or any of the other big games. I did, however, love Mirror's Edge. I had huge hopes for SimCity.

But apart from the EA Sports stuff, all those other games aren't games by EA.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Pinkscare
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Pinkscare"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] So which EA Games aren't you buying? Cause most of the time EA just publishes them.

They are a division of EA. Anyway, I don't care for those games. I prefer to keep my gaming through Steam as well. No big deal.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Pinkscare"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Pinkscare"] Well, I stopped playing EA Sports stuff when I moved away from consoles. I don't play Battlefield, Dead Space, Mass Effect, or any of the other big games. I did, however, love Mirror's Edge. I had huge hopes for SimCity.

They are a division of EA. Anyway, I don't care for those games. I prefer to keep my gaming through Steam as well. No big deal.

That's fine, I wish everything was in one place forever (be it Steam, Origin whatever). Still, I don't think all those are divisions of EA, they are separate companies? And ur missing out on great titles too just because EA takes a small part in them.
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Pinkscare
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Pinkscare"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] But apart from the EA Sports stuff, all those other games aren't games by EA.

That's fine, I wish everything was in one place forever (be it Steam, Origin whatever). Still, I don't think all those are divisions of EA, they are separate companies? And ur missing out on great titles too just because EA takes a small part in them.

I'll still buy my wife Sims 4. Mirror's Edge is the main game I like from EA/Subsidiaries.
creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

[QUOTE="Pinkscare"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] But apart from the EA Sports stuff, all those other games aren't games by EA. FelipeInside

"BioWare is currently owned by American company Electronic Arts." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare

"Dice is a swedish video game developer, wholly owned by Electronic Arts" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Digital_Illusions_CE

"Visceral Games is an American video game development studio internally owned by Electronic Arts. They are perhaps best known for the critically acclaimed Dead Space series" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_Games

All three of the games he mentioned are developed by EA-owned studios and published by EA.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Elann2008

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Pinkscare"] They are a division of EA. Anyway, I don't care for those games. I prefer to keep my gaming through Steam as well. No big deal.creaturemagic

"BioWare is currently owned by American company Electronic Arts." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioWare

"Dice is a swedish video game developer, wholly owned by Electronic Arts" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Digital_Illusions_CE

"Visceral Games is an American video game development studio internally owned by Electronic Arts. They are perhaps best known for the critically acclaimed Dead Space series" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_Games

All three of the games he mentioned are developed by EA-owned studios and published by EA.

Unfortunately they are "EA-owned developers and published by EA." Other developers that are not EA-owned, go through their EA-partnership publishing deal. An example of this, is Crytek's Crysis video games.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Pinkscare"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] So which EA Games aren't you buying? Cause most of the time EA just publishes them.FelipeInside

That's what they appear to be, but any company under the EA publishing name is just EA employees under different names in an offshoot office building. 

wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

Ya wasn't going to buy this game anyway but even so Unless I'm able to play it through steam without uplay or origin somehow getting in the mix then I'm not buying it.