The Old Republic dev mission walkthrough from PAX

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but this takes my excitement for this game off the charts.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/taral-v-developer-walkthrough

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I had no faith in this game at all. It looks like a single player game attempting to be an MMO. A waste of production values being placed on voice acting.

Guild Wars 2 is the MMO to look out for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.
Artekus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Artekus
Member since 2008 • 15700 Posts
Still undecided on this one...I'll try a trial at least.
Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.guynamedbilly

Um, do you know anything about GW2 at all? If you did, you would not make such a statement.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
I'm super excited for this to come out. This will be a day 1 buy for me unlike every other mmo now of days. Space combat looks like its going to be good, quests, love the fact that they are doing voice overs for every character unlike every other mmo out there that just does text. Looking good so far wish the combat was better but no mmo's are going down the route of better combat yet ^_^.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.Esoteric

Um, do you know anything about GW2 at all? If you did, you would not make such a statement.

Yes, and I will happily double down on that statement. :)
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

I had no faith in this game at all. It looks like a single player game attempting to be an MMO. A waste of production values being placed on voice acting.

Wasdie
This is my main problem... It feel like they are doing a single player game... In a mmo setting. Atleast it have that feel when you look at it. Also all this talk about voice acting but sadly i could not care any less :(
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

Wasdie

I don't get why EVERYTHING needed to have a voice. Save it for the more important missions. They wasted a lot of money and these voice actors are still sub-par. But I'm actually looking forward to it.

The combat looks a lot better than KOTOR and playing with friends will only make it better.

Makes me wonder how many players will have the patience to stand all the talking though.

sinpkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sinpkr
Member since 2010 • 1255 Posts

so disapointed with this game

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeneralShowzer

so disapointed with this game

sinpkr
What's wrong with it? It can be soo much fun, depending if you have a close group of people to play with. I doubt many people will appreciate what Bioware did here though... I don't fully understand why they did it, but I'm gonna fully enjoy it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

GeneralShowzer

I don't get why EVERYTHING needed to have a voice. Save it for the more important missions. They wasted a lot of money and these voice actors are still sub-par. But I'm actually looking forward to it.

The combat looks a lot better than KOTOR and playing with friends will only make it better.

Makes me wonder how many players will have the patience to stand all the talking though.

Yea, I was thinking about that, because from the walkthrough, it looks like everyone will have to be paying attention, because you might have to be the one chosen to give the response to the quest giver. Then again, maybe this one just has so much interaction because it's an important mission or something. Not sure.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

Wasdie
an MMO being as rich as a singleplayer experience from Bioware is a dream come true. The first Guild Wars was mediocre compared to any pay to play MMO.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Wasdie

Guild Wars is hardly a series that I would call an MMO.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

JangoWuzHere

Guild Wars 1 maybe, but Guild Wars 2 is something totally different. Do a bit of research.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Guild Wars 1 maybe, but Guild Wars 2 is something totally different. Do a bit of research.

My issue with GW2 is it will be plagued by a Cash Shop. Since they are making an MMO without a monthly fee, the sales of the game alone will not compensate for the money spent on the game. So if you want to be on par with other players, youll need to pay out money into a cash shop. They have not announced this, but mark my word it will be this way.

SWTOR on the other hand is shaping up well and I do not understand the hate you guys have for it. I find in regular mmos i just skip through conversations, now I will actually want to participate in the story. This game is an mmo, make no mistake about this. They just did flash points so they could focus more on story for a section of the game. The rest of the game while questing is done in a very typical mmo style, but with voice acting.

If you're a big star wars fan like me you know why SWTOR is so great. Because its always been my dream to have a game where i can exist in the star wars world with my friends. Sounds stupid, but for me this game is just what I wanted.

firefluff3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 firefluff3
Member since 2010 • 2073 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Crypt_mx

My issue with GW2 is it will be plagued by a Cash Shop. Since they are making an MMO without a monthly fee, the sales of the game alone will not compensate for the money spent on the game. So if you want to be on par with other players, youll need to pay out money into a cash shop. They have not announced this, but mark my word it will be this way.

SWTOR on the other hand is shaping up well and I do not understand the hate you guys have for it. I find in regular mmos i just skip through conversations, now I will actually want to participate in the story. This game is an mmo, make no mistake about this. They just did flash points so they could focus more on story for a section of the game. The rest of the game while questing is done in a very typical mmo style, but with voice acting.

If you're a big star wars fan like me you know why SWTOR is so great. Because its always been my dream to have a game where i can exist in the star wars world with my friends. Sounds stupid, but for me this game is just what I wanted.

how the hell did gw1 survive then?

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

firefluff3

7 million sales :P

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Crypt_mx

I completely agree with you. I'm sick of all the fantasy MMO's that are on the market today, and yet more keep coming out. Developers don't realize that there are just an overflow of fantasy style MMO's. There is only so much people can play, that's why I think SWTOR is going to be a breath of fresh air. GW2 says it'll be story driven, but Arena Net really hasn't showed us. On the other hand, SWTOR has. All I'm saying is that SWTOR looks great and it'll be a day one buy for me.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Steameffekt

[QUOTE="firefluff3"]

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

GeneralShowzer

They do have a small cash shop. But a cash shop is still there.
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
any news if this is f2p?
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Crypt_mx

[QUOTE="firefluff3"]

[QUOTE="Crypt_mx"]

GeneralShowzer

And those sales worked fine for the first couple years the game was out, but now the cash shop has grown much larger and offers a variety of different things that you can buy. It doesnt matter if you sell 20 million copies, using that money for server up-keep and game updates requires many employees to continue working on the game, and then the profit made shrinks until a cash shop is forced. Even if we do not see one at launch for GW2, there WILL be one.

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

SkyWard20
an MMO being as rich as a singleplayer experience from Bioware is a dream come true. The first Guild Wars was mediocre compared to any pay to play MMO.

If TOR is more a single player experience with some MMOisms, a lot of people will probably be happy... like all those wanting a KOTOR sequel.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Steameffekt
any news if this is f2p?Batang_X990
Don't count on it. All this work Bioware is pushing into TOR, I doubt it'll be free.
Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Crypt_mx

any news if this is f2p?Batang_X990

No. The game will have a monthly fee of around 15$ USD.

The price has not yet been confirmed but the have said there will be a monthly fee, similar to other big mmo titles.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

Wasdie
not very positive about much lately wasdie...
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.guynamedbilly
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're bashing GW2 for for being a rehash of generic MMO's and yet are praising TOR which up to this point has shown it is nothing more then a rehash of a generic MMO with full voice overs added on top to make it feel special?
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

Funny, since in every catagory I can see, Guild Wars 2 seems a lot more creative and original than TOR.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]any news if this is f2p?Steameffekt
Don't count on it. All this work Bioware is pushing into TOR, I doubt it'll be free.

i figured they wouldve announce it by now if it was free to play to accumulate preorders from people who prefer free mmos like guild wars. oh well lol, hopefully they'll have a 15-30 day trial just to check it out :P
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Steameffekt

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.cobrax55

Funny, since in every catagory I can see, Guild Wars 2 seems a lot more creative and original than TOR.

More creative AND original than TOR? Haha, please explain.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.Steameffekt

meh why argue, both games look different and fun.
attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2456 Posts
I'm kind of disappointed to see a forum mod pass judgement on a game he/she has never played. C'mon, guys, you're supposed to set an example, not be troll bait. =/
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cobrax55

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"]Guild Wars 2 is just a rehash of generic MMO 101. I'm interested in it too, but can't say I've ever felt any measure of excitement about it.Steameffekt

Because everything about it is the same as MMO's have always been. The reality is that it would never even be hyped if it wasnt in development by Bioware and wasnt star wars.

Its biggest selling point is that its fully voiced (which is true of Guild Wars 2 as well). Guild Wars 2 on the other, has gotten rid of questing in its entirety. Its not exacly hard to tell which is most different from the generic MMO.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Steameffekt

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="cobrax55"]

cobrax55

Because everything about it is the same as MMO's have always been. The reality is that it would never even be hyped if it wasnt in development by Bioware and wasnt star wars.

Its biggest selling point is that its fully voiced (which is true of Guild Wars 2 as well). Guild Wars 2 on the other, has gotten rid of questing in its entirety. Its not exacly hard to tell which is most different from the generic MMO.

You didn't even explain how it's creative or original. Fully voiced isn't one of the major selling points. It's doing what GW1 failed to do and that was tell a deep compelling story that no MMO has accomplished. And thus far, Bioware has shown what TOR can do and by the looks of it, seems to be a solid MMO. Arena Net hasn't not shown one bit of GW2. All we have seen are videos by the developers telling us what to expect and what they are promising, remember, actions speak louder than words.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="firefluff3"]

Crypt_mx

And those sales worked fine for the first couple years the game was out, but now the cash shop has grown much larger and offers a variety of different things that you can buy. It doesnt matter if you sell 20 million copies, using that money for server up-keep and game updates requires many employees to continue working on the game, and then the profit made shrinks until a cash shop is forced. Even if we do not see one at launch for GW2, there WILL be one.

I haven't played Guild Wars...but does this cash shop offer purely cosmetic items, or overpowered weapons that put you at an advantage? If it's just the first thing then it's fine.
cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cobrax55

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"] More creative AND original than TOR? Haha, please explain. Steameffekt

You didn't even explain how it's creative or original. Fully voiced isn't one of the major selling points. It's doing what GW1 failed to do and that was tell a deep compelling story that no MMO has accomplished. And thus far, Bioware has shown what TOR can do and by the looks of it, seems to be a solid MMO. Arena Net hasn't not shown one bit of GW2. All we have seen are videos by the developers telling us what to expect and what they are promising, remember, actions speak louder than words.

Is that a joke :lol:

First of all, GW1 and 2 arent even similar. One is an MMO, and the other isnt.

Second, Far more of GW2 gameplay has ever been shown than TOR. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about the game since there have been hours and hours of footage over the last year. There was roughly 40 minutes of footage from Pax 11 alone, far more then there was of TOR.

The problem with TOR, is that for all its talk of story, the gameplay itself is identicle to every other MMO. Guild Wars 2 however, is not. Questing has been removed in its entirety, and replaced with the very innovative event system, the game doesnt feature the tired mirad of Tanks and healers (which TOR is actually advertising).

The reality is, that TOR would have no hype behind it if it wasnt from Bioware and Wasnt a Star Wars MMO. I hate to say it, but its completly true.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I'm torn. The game looks fun in a general MMO sense, and like a spiritual co-op successor to KOTOR. But on the other hand I can't help but feel how BASTARDIZED the whole theme is to fit in the cookie cutter MMO formula. And yes, it is just a cookie-cutter MMO. I mean look at it and how it plays. The Jedi Consular is a mage...? The Jedi Knight is an off-tank, the trooper is a tank, and we have some random dude as a healer. Same stuff different skin.

Looks like it'll be fun to play, and I AM going to check it out.. I was just expecting something a lot more unique from Bioware. BTW, EQ2 was fully voiced years and years ago. It's nothing new.

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Steameffekt

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"][QUOTE="cobrax55"]

cobrax55

Second, Far more of GW2 gameplay has ever been shown than TOR. Its pretty obvious you know nothing about the game since there have been hours and hours of footage over the last year. There was roughly 40 minutes of footage from Pax 11 alone, far more then there was of TOR.

The problem with TOR, is that for all its talk of story, the gameplay itself is identicle to every other MMO. Guild Wars 2 however, is not. Questing has been removed in its entirety, and replaced with the very innovative event system, the game doesnt feature the tired mirad of Tanks and healers (which TOR is actually advertising).

The reality is, that TOR would have no hype behind it if it wasnt from Bioware and Wasnt a Star Wars MMO. I hate to say it, but its completly true.

I never called GW1 an MMO.

I just saw some GW2 footage and I counter your argument that TOR looks like every other MMO with that GW2 looks just the same as any MMO. There isn't much you can do with MMO mechanics. This "Innovative Even System" you speak of has already been in an MMO and that Warhammer Online. And Just because Arena Net hasn't revealed things about "Tanking" and "Healer" doesn't mean it won't be in GW2. GW2 is trying SO hard to be different that it's just becoming the same genral fantasy MMO formula.

EDIT: Also, GW2's major selling point is "Free, no monthy" fees and you know it.

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cobrax55

[QUOTE="cobrax55"]

[QUOTE="Steameffekt"] You didn't even explain how it's creative or original. Fully voiced isn't one of the major selling points. It's doing what GW1 failed to do and that was tell a deep compelling story that no MMO has accomplished. And thus far, Bioware has shown what TOR can do and by the looks of it, seems to be a solid MMO. Arena Net hasn't not shown one bit of GW2. All we have seen are videos by the developers telling us what to expect and what they are promising, remember, actions speak louder than words.Steameffekt

I never called GW1 an MMO.

I just saw some GW2 footage and I counter your argument that TOR looks like every other MMO with that GW2 looks just the same as any MMO. There isn't much you can do with MMO mechanics. This "Innovative Even System" you speak of has already been in an MMO and that Warhammer Online. And Just because Arena Net hasn't revealed things about "Tanking" and "Healer" doesn't mean it won't be in GW2. GW2 is trying SO hard to be different that it's just becoming the same genral fantasy MMO formula.

EDIT: Also, GW2's major selling point is "Free, no monthy" fees and you know it.

The event system has been done with other games, but its never replaced questing alltogther, and never been done in a fasion this advanced. Events have never chained off each other like this before, and its never effected the rest of the world so strongly.

Read this: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dynamic-events/dynamic-events-overview/

nothing like this has ever been done in any MMO I have seen before.

And no, its been confirmed that Tankers and Healer ****s wont be in the game at all, many times in fact.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Why not just a make it a single player game if it's major selling focus is the voice acting and story?

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

It is kindalame that the lightsaber hits like a bat...

Imo,Bioware is sailing dangerous waters with it's MMO, if they fail they'll fail badly. I wonder if TOR fails Bioware gets dissolved.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MadCat46

Imo,Bioware is sailing dangerous waters with it's MMO, if they fail they'll fail badly. I wonder if TOR fails Bioware gets dissolved.

Masculus
Doubtful, the BioWare label alone is still a major seller. If it fails the most EA would do is do some serious cutting at BioWare's Austin studio, maybe bring in some outside help to try and salvage it.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Masculus

Yeah I wish the lightsaber did more but for balance reasons can't just kill someone in 2-3 shots unfortunately :/. But TOR won't fail at least in terms of cost. It will sell good, and have alot of subscribers guaranteed for a few months at least. I don't see it dying though I mean it looks good, looks like it'll be alot of fun I just would be surprised if it "failed" just because the name "star wars" is an instant sale point and Bioware has a good name for themselves too.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MadCat46

Yeah I wish the lightsaber did more but for balance reasons can't just kill someone in 2-3 shots unfortunately :/. But TOR won't fail at least in terms of cost. It will sell good, and have alot of subscribers guaranteed for a few months at least. I don't see it dying though I mean it looks good, looks like it'll be alot of fun I just would be surprised if it "failed" just because the name "star wars" is an instant sale point and Bioware has a good name for themselves too.

gunmaster55555

Galaxies has the name Star Wars in it and it's been pretty much dead for years now. If it can't hold peoples attention or is flat out bad any game will fail, regardless of IP name or developer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="gunmaster55555"]Yeah I wish the lightsaber did more but for balance reasons can't just kill someone in 2-3 shots unfortunately :/. But TOR won't fail at least in terms of cost. It will sell good, and have alot of subscribers guaranteed for a few months at least. I don't see it dying though I mean it looks good, looks like it'll be alot of fun I just would be surprised if it "failed" just because the name "star wars" is an instant sale point and Bioware has a good name for themselves too.

MadCat46

Galaxies has the name Star Wars in it and it's been pretty much dead for years now. If it can't hold peoples attention or is flat out bad any game will fail, regardless of IP name or developer.

I don't get why people say that. Galaxies didn't fail, and it hasn't failed yet. It's still got people playing it and is still making money... They are going to be cutting staff or moving them to other projects after this launches, whether it succeeds or not. I admit, I'm more interested in this game because I think of it more like a coop KOTOR than an actual mmo, but there's no reason it can't appeal to both.
TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts

I'm hoping to be in line for a midnight release :D

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MadCat46
I don't get why people say that. Galaxies didn't fail, and it hasn't failed yet. It's still got people playing it and is still making money...guynamedbilly
No, it's pretty much dead at this point. Subscription numbers aren't anywhere near as high as they used to be, staff is much smaller then it used to be, had a server merge not to long ago and from my understanding population is still scarce. It's been like this for years now; some of it can be attributed to age, some towards the boneheaded development decisions which killed the uniqueness of the game, and some to the total lack of any real substantial content updates. My point was IP doesn't guarantee long term success, Ricitello said they need 500k subscribers to turn a profit but SWG never got anywhere near that number, it peaked at around 300k. It's a bit naive to think IP alone will guarantee it the necessary success.

They are going to be cutting staff or moving them to other projects after this launches, whether it succeeds or not. I admit, I'm more interested in this game because I think of it more like a coop KOTOR than an actual mmo, but there's no reason it can't appeal to both.

I meant major staff cuts, all companies let people go after a project is released, usually hiring them back in a few months. And I do believe there is a reason it can't appeal to both, and that's limitation. A story driven experience, be it solo or co-op, is vastly different then the strengths of an MMO which hooks people in for months on end. Accomplishing both literally requires the development of two games which then must be seamlessly merged together. Now they have thrown an absorb amount of money and manhours at this thing, but the idea that they are going to be able to make the game both story driven and world-space content driven just doesn't seem feasible to me. A few games have tried in the past and have failed miserably, and BioWare hasn't done anything to sooth my fears by constantly bragging about the story and voice overs and skimming over everything else. I hope it's a success, I do like the Star Wars lore and typically enjoy BioWare's games, but man from a realistic standpoint I don't know if they'll even get close trying to pull it off.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts
I'm kind of disappointed to see a forum mod pass judgement on a game he/she has never played. C'mon, guys, you're supposed to set an example, not be troll bait. =/attirex
He's right though. SWTOR looks like the same ole MMO crap with a new coat of paint. And that's real talk for you.