STEAM AUTUMN SALE!!!!

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Steam's Autumn sale has started guys. Are your wallets ready?

http://store.steampowered.com/

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12806 Posts

My wallet is not interested in any of those games.

Maybe tomorrow they'll have better game list

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Yeah, I only want Enslaved: Odyssey to the West when it goes for like $7.50. I see it on Amazon.com for $10, but that's a bit much.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I am going to pick up Batman: Arham Asylum when it hits 75%. lol I am a late-adopter.

I looked up last years sale and it was also on the 27th, so I was overjoyed when I turned on my PC and saw it today.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@strategyfn said:

I am going to pick up Batman: Arham Asylum when it hits 75%. lol I am a late-adopter.

I looked up last years sale and it was also on the 27th, so I was overjoyed when I turned on my PC and saw it today.

Batman Arkham City is a lot better.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@strategyfn said:

both are great games

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

I am cheap so I will go with the earliest one. That way I get the story and I can eventually move on to the second. Man doing a 24 hour marathon put it over the top for me that I want to try a Batman game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3f3718d93f1
deactivated-5c3f3718d93f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5c3f3718d93f1
Member since 2012 • 36 Posts

Nothing good right now that I didn't already buy from the summer sale.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Own most of these games but got Skyrim anyway.

Also got Risk of Rain... although that does not entirely count.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

This is my first Steam sale since I put together a real gaming computer that can actually play modern games. I fear for my bank account.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

@JML897 said:

This is my first Steam sale since I put together a real gaming computer that can actually play modern games. I fear for my bank account.

Just you wait for Christmas....

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#12 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Hope anyone who doesn't have Sleeping Dogs gets it at $5. Just an absolute steal, I have it on 360 and have 1250 GS for it, loved it. Better than GTA 5 in some ways.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Elann2008

@Gaming-Planet said:

Nice purchase on Skyrim. You won't be going outside for a while.

malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts

Got the Skyrim legendary and left for dead 2. i don't have the left for dead 1 thought, lets see if they also put that on sale!

Sa1nT_Ch3wy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sa1nT_Ch3wy
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

Still have a huge backlog from the summer sale.. trying very hard not to be tempted to spend any more money :D

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

I wasn't interested until I saw Game Dev Tycoon and Papers Please are on sale.

Noooooo I have no monies!

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@strategyfn said:

I actually disagree I played both not even a month ago (finally got them thanks to humblebundle) and Batman AA was IMO better than AC.

Also I have most of the great games going on sale, though I would have liked to get L4D2 and some indie games, but I got to spend my money at Gamestop on Black friday and get some great PS3 games I have not got yet; Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, and KH 1.5. Maybe I will buy alot more during winter sale.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Elann2008

@Sa1nT_Ch3wy said:

Still have a huge backlog from the summer sale.. trying very hard not to be tempted to spend any more money :D

Well, look at it this way. Unless you're strapping for cash because, well, Thanksgiving and the Holidays coming up in December, why not hoard some of the games up? It's just a matter of differentiating between which games are "as low as they go" prices and some that you know "will go a little or a lot lower." Go for the games that are "low as they go" and most likely they won't get any cheaper than that in ANY sale (not even winter sale). From what I have have seen throughout all seasonal sales, this sale has prices that low-ball even Winter Sale prices on steam.

It is Black Friday week, and prices tend to go as low as possible, in some cases anyways. Pick a few that are hella dirt cheap and backlog them because you know you will buy those anyways. Maybe you can even get started on them. During the holiday seasons, I'm always in the mood to play games because I have a bit of free time.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gaming-Planet

@Elann2008 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Lol yeah. Played it for 8 hours straight, the longest I've played in 2 weeks.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Elann2008

@redskins26rocs said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@strategyfn said:

I actually disagree I played both not even a month ago (finally got them thanks to humblebundle) and Batman AA was IMO better than AC.

Also I have most of the great games going on sale, though I would have liked to get L4D2 and some indie games, but I got to spend my money at Gamestop on Black friday and get some great PS3 games I have not got yet; Ni No Kuni, Tales of Xillia, and KH 1.5. Maybe I will buy alot more during winter sale.

I agree. Arkham Asylum was better. Not a whole lot better, but better. Take that for whatever you want it to mean. But the whole series as a whole feels like too much of the same now. I can see why Rocksteady Studios wasn't asked to develop Arkham Origins even though it would have just gotten a "9 score" because it had Rocksteady name on it. At this point, I'd rather just see Rocksteady work on a new IP, which I'm sure they're doing. Don't get me wrong, very few people can turn a comic book world into a game and they are probably the best in the business for that; after Arkham City, it just felt like I've had enough already haha.

You must get "Ni No Kuni" before anything else. You're set for the entire week. One of the best games I've ever played, among Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Lost Odyssey, Super Mario 64, Valkyria Chronicles and a few games I would consider the pinnacle of my gaming experiences.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@lawlessx said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@strategyfn said:

both are great games

Yes they are, but City is the better of the two.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Elann2008

@Gaming-Planet said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Awesome man :D Glad you're liking it. I'm also glad you didn't buy the legendary edition because Dawnguard is passable at best. Dragonborn would be worth it though so perhaps buy that separately somewhere down the line if you want more Skyrim in your life. But to iterate what someone else has said already, the meat and bones of Skyrim is in the vanilla game. You'll easily get 40-80 hours (or more depending on your playstyle), before you finish the main quest, insofar if you choose to do so.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gaming-Planet

@Elann2008 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

@Elann2008 said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

Awesome man :D Glad you're liking it. I'm also glad you didn't buy the legendary edition because Dawnguard is passable at best. Dragonborn would be worth it though so perhaps buy that separately somewhere down the line if you want more Skyrim in your life. But to iterate what someone else has said already, the meat and bones of Skyrim is in the vanilla game. You'll easily get 40-80 hours (or more depending on your playstyle), before you finish the main quest, insofar if you choose to do so.

Yeah, I plan to get the DLC later if I enjoy my Skyrim journey. 40-80 hrs sounds like a good deal as well, been craving for a long open world game. I'll mess with the mods once I beat the game for more replay value.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

@redskins26rocs said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@strategyfn said:

I agree. Arkham Asylum was better. Not a whole lot better, but better. Take that for whatever you want it to mean. But the whole series as a whole feels like too much of the same now. I can see why Rocksteady Studios wasn't asked to develop Arkham Origins even though it would have just gotten a "9 score" because it had Rocksteady name on it. At this point, I'd rather just see Rocksteady work on a new IP, which I'm sure they're doing. Don't get me wrong, very few people can turn a comic book world into a game and they are probably the best in the business for that; after Arkham City, it just felt like I've had enough already haha.

You must get "Ni No Kuni" before anything else. You're set for the entire week. One of the best games I've ever played, among Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Lost Odyssey, Super Mario 64, Valkyria Chronicles and a few games I would consider the pinnacle of my gaming experiences.

Just thinking about Rocksteady developing something new is exciting. I think what they with Batman is just brilliant, they combined classic 3d platformer elememts with an action style like assassins creed but much quicker, combined into a very well done batman world. Huge task to tackle and they did that and then some. I agree though Batman A games are done hopefully, at least for a while. Also Lost Odyssey and Valkyria Chronicles FTW

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Planning to get a couple of DLCs I was waiting to drop in price. The Brigmore Witches for Dishonored and Dragonborn for Skyrim.

Perpetual_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Perpetual_Noob
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
@johnd13 said:

Planning to get a couple of DLCs I was waiting to drop in price. The Brigmore Witches for Dishonored and Dragonborn for Skyrim.

They are currently on sale at Gamefly: http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/539

Perpetual_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Perpetual_Noob
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

The Dishonoured DLC I mean, not Dragonborn.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I bought Dragon Born DLC, AC2, and the DLC for Sins of a Solar Empire. I am content as I have plenty of games I have not beat yet.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

*looks at backlog*
*looks at bank account*

Must. Resist.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Nothing of interest so far. Would get Outlast at $5, but I guess that price is a year away and I'll have lost interest by then. Picked up the first Rocksmith from Amazon for 7.50 though so I can do the song transfer to the new game.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

each game you buy, gives gabe newell enough money to buy a twinkie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

good deal on Dark Souls. if you don't have it, and don't get it now, you're not a gamer :)

@kweeni said:

*looks at backlog*

*looks at bank account*

Must. Resist.

this for me too... i don't even have time to tackle my backlog atm...

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10447 Posts

INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

Dishonored GOTY is listed at $3.19 right now??? Must be a mistake.

EDIT: Fixed in just a couple minutes. I got a copy in my inventory though. :) Anyone willing to trade Bioshock Infinite for it?

jm92590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jm92590
Member since 2004 • 375 Posts

@INF1DEL said:

Dishonored GOTY is listed at $3.19 right now??? Must be a mistake.

EDIT: Fixed in just a couple minutes. I got a copy in my inventory though. :) Anyone willing to trade Bioshock Infinite for it?

Yup, quickly told my friends and around 6 of us got it for that price, score!!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46310 Posts

Yeah I jumped on the Dishonored sale as well, already got it so I'll be gifting this masterpiece to a friend. More people need to play it ^^

@Sa1nT_Ch3wy said:

Good luck :D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Elann2008

I haven't purchased an early access game because well.. I prefer to play a game when it's "done." But this one looks pretty good. Can anyone say it's worth it? I mean, worth just to play? Is it fun? I don't care if it's $4 or $15.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k

@Elann2008 said:

I haven't purchased an early access game because well.. I prefer to play a game when it's "done." But this one looks pretty good. Can anyone say it's worth it? I mean, worth just to play? Is it fun? I don't care if it's $4 or $15.

What game ?

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

Which game :s

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Elann2008

@Nibroc420 said:

@Elann2008 said:

Which game :s

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Elann2008 said:

What game ?

Wow lol. xD sorry had a long day with Tigerdirect.com and their horrible customer service. Can't even modify your fvkin shipping address! Ok anyways, i'm talking about Contagion. Sorry fellas.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@malikmmm said:

Got the Skyrim legendary and left for dead 2. i don't have the left for dead 1 thought, lets see if they also put that on sale!

I think the L4D1 maps are free in L4D2, so save your money and enjoy, L4D2 is the better one in my opinion.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nibroc420

@Elann2008:

Wow, i type a reply, hit post, and It returns with a blank message...
Lets try this again.

I've only played it a few hours, but it feels like a mix between L4D (lots of zombies, guns, co-op survival), and DayZ (open world, hard to find items, conserve your ammo)

Hopefully with this sale, there will be more players, but then again I haven't played it in a month or so.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@Elann2008 said:

Wow lol. xD sorry had a long day with Tigerdirect.com and their horrible customer service. Can't even modify your fvkin shipping address! Ok anyways, i'm talking about Contagion. Sorry fellas.

No worries :)

I didn't even know there was an early access game in the daily deals, so that's why I was asking. I have no idea though, I have no experience with the game and very little experience with Zombie Panic: Source. But if it's anything like other zombie games on the source engine (L4D, No More Room in Hell) than it should be great :p

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Nibroc420

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@malikmmm said:

I think the L4D1 maps are free in L4D2, so save your money and enjoy, L4D2 is the better one in my opinion.

There's no option to play as Bill in L4D2.

As such, L4D > L4D2.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Elann2008

@Nibroc420 said:

@Elann2008:

Wow, i type a reply, hit post, and It returns with a blank message...

Lets try this again.

I've only played it a few hours, but it feels like a mix between L4D (lots of zombies, guns, co-op survival), and DayZ (open world, hard to find items, conserve your ammo)

Hopefully with this sale, there will be more players, but then again I haven't played it in a month or so.

Interesting. I'll think on it some more. xD I'm leaning more towards, "buy" though hehe.

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

CS GO worth 4 bucks? Never got into the earlier ones

CommandoAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 CommandoAgent
Member since 2005 • 1703 Posts

@groowagon said:

good deal on Dark Souls. if you don't have it, and don't get it now, you're not a gamer :)

@kweeni said:

*looks at backlog*

*looks at bank account*

Must. Resist.

this for me too... i don't even have time to tackle my backlog atm...

Same for me. :/

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

As it might have already been said, there are a ton of other games on sale besides what's on the front Steam Page. Check out the button "Check out other Specials" near the bottom.

Just picked up State of Decay, The Wolf Among Us & Brothers

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Elann2008

@mismajor99 said:

As it might have already been said, there are a ton of other games on sale besides what's on the front Steam Page. Check out the button "Check out other Specials" near the bottom.

Just picked up State of Decay, The Wolf Among Us & Brothers

In addition, those games that you bought are in the top sellers, if you scroll even further down the STORE front page, just below "check out other specials." If you're a visual person, it's a nice place to start, then you can dive into the huge library games that are pages and pages filled. But my only advice against going into the main library is because most of the games that are displayed on the main page will give you an idea of what will go on a cheaper discount or not. You might find a cool game on "page 90" of the main library, only to find out it's on the front page the next day with a bigger discount. Just beware.