Showcase your rigs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EraofWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 EraofWar
Member since 2013 • 49 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"] I still think you should have gone with the GTX 770 to pair it up with that sexy CPU. All around nice build though. Now put that in your signature!

I would have if it was in my budget :P.... as soon as i can dig up some more money i would like to do dual GPU.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#402 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="EraofWar"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] I still think you should have gone with the GTX 770 to pair it up with that sexy CPU. All around nice build though. Now put that in your signature!

I would have if it was in my budget :P.... as soon as i can dig up some more money i would like to do dual GPU.

Nice :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

Heres my first attempt at building a copmputer from scratch. Always did Ibuypower or something earlier. I suck at cable management it seems.

Front

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 deactivated-5f768591970d3

Inside, Sorry for huge pics

Inside

Side

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Elann2008
Love everything about that build except for the case. Nice job man. Only thing I could say about the cable management is, try to insert all the cables and wires through slots and the back panel, avoiding the middle areas so no cable/wire is hanging over the motherboard. But, if you're not bothered by it.. just leave it alone I guess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 deactivated-5f768591970d3

Love everything about that build except for the case. Nice job man. Only thing I could say about the cable management is, try to insert all the cables and wires through slots and the back panel, avoiding the middle areas so no cable/wire is hanging over the motherboard. But, if you're not bothered by it.. just leave it alone I guess.Elann2008

I agree with you. I bought the case off off newegg reviews and this case has little to no cable management features. And it doesnt have hard drive bays either with cables going through the back. Here is a pic of the cables I could route behind.

Back

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#407 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

Wow, haha that thing is pathetic for management! Otherwise, nice build!

Blicen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#408 Blicen
Member since 2003 • 1810 Posts
Zip-ties are your best friend :) otherwise not too bad!
EraofWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 EraofWar
don't feel bad. My case has horrible cable management. Best thing i could do is pull them as far as i could over to the bays trying to stretch everything out.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

The RAM I just ordered matches the color of my motherboard.  :)

photo1hqvn.jpg

photoega.jpg

Didn't know it would match the mobo when I ordered it, but a nice touch!

Maybe one of these days I'll get me some of those fancy sleeved cables and make the inside of my case look nice like some of you guys do.  :oops:

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

EraofWar.  EASILY one of the best looking computers here!!!  And I am not saying that because it looks very much like mine lol

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#412 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

photo1hqvn.jpg

FaustArp

I'm guessing you have a corsair shrine somewhere in your house?

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
stuff about ramFaustArp
I have that same type of ram in my old machine. I had to take off the top of the heatsinks to fit in my H100 though.
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

photo1hqvn.jpg

Bikouchu35

corsair just makes good products... my case is corsair, my memory is corsair, my ssd is corsair, my cpu cooler is corsair, my case fans are corsair... it's a miracle my psu isn't corsair :O
EraofWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 EraofWar

EraofWar.  EASILY one of the best looking computers here!!!  And I am not saying that because it looks very much like mine lol

Hawkeye747
Haha inside or out :P? BTW loving the red paint job :D
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#416 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

photo1hqvn.jpg

MuD3

corsair just makes good products... my case is corsair, my memory is corsair, my ssd is corsair, my cpu cooler is corsair, my case fans are corsair... it's a miracle my psu isn't corsair :O

Haha nice. Corsair PSU is a rebrand anyways. Channel Well and Seasonic manufactures Corsair PSUs. You didn't mention which power supply you use? Seasonic?
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 MuD3
mine is a thermaltake. i have a feeling you're question is directed at the person who posted the original picture though? >_>
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 Elann2008
mine is a thermaltake. i have a feeling you're question is directed at the person who posted the original picture though? >_>MuD3
Nope, you. You said you had everything corsair except the PSU so I was just curious.
FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

Bikouchu35

Yep...the shrine is my Gaming PC.  :P

They make good stuff!  :)

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

MuD3

Well, I was having bad experiences with Corsair, so I'm avoiding them. :(

Unreliable stuff.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
Corsair's RMA takes 3 days flat in my country so even I try to buy everything corsair :)
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="MuD3"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

Cyberdot

Unreliable stuff.

What was the problem? No company can avoid the occasional defective product, but a good company makes it easy to sort out any problems. I had some corsair ram die on me, but it had a lifetime warranty so it was replaced in a week.
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

[QUOTE="MuD3"] corsair just makes good products... my case is corsair, my memory is corsair, my ssd is corsair, my cpu cooler is corsair, my case fans are corsair... it's a miracle my psu isn't corsair :Okraken2109

Unreliable stuff.

What was the problem? No company can avoid the occasional defective product, but a good company makes it easy to sort out any problems. I had some corsair ram die on me, but it had a lifetime warranty so it was replaced in a week.

Just 2 problems with them; after receiving the Corsair K90 keyboard, just 30 minutes from the box and one of the LED backlight lights died...

My Corsair RAM went faulty too. Went to Kingston instead. I've got the replacement from Corsair though, but I've decided not to use Corsair products again.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Unreliable stuff.

Cyberdot

Just 2 problems with them; after receiving the Corsair K90 keyboard, just 30 minutes from the box and one of the LED backlight lights died...

My Corsair RAM went faulty too. Went to Kingston instead. I've got the replacement from Corsair though, but I've decided not to use Corsair products again.

That's bad luck, but I wouldn't completely write off corsair
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
My neighbour tests computer parts and he is very happy with Corsair products.
nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts

Yeah, I've never had issues with Corsair products either, lucky I guess ?

All the AIO units I've had worked flawless, H50, H70, H80i and the H100i, no problems what-so-ever. Had many Memory sticks through them (1600 & 1866), also a few PSU's, TX850w, GS800w and CS600w. The warranty is great from what I keep hearing too, but I've never had to use it -- yet. :P

I am not brand loyal though, I just stick to those that are well known to have less issues.

mrmarrero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#427 mrmarrero
Member since 2007 • 343 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

The RAM I just ordered matches the color of my motherboard. :)

photo1hqvn.jpg

MuD3

They do indeed make good products... Corsair parts in my build: Case, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Headphones??? Last one may not count. I would have gone with a Corsair SSD, but at the time the OCZ was a great deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
I like Corsair stuff, but I don't like any of their cases aside from the 350D. I'd also rather have a Seasonic PSU, they make Corsair's PSUs anyway.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 Elann2008

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Unreliable stuff.

Cyberdot

How was the Corsair RAM faulty? Maybe it wasn't compatible with your motherboard. I've had this happen, but it had nothing to do with the quality of the product, but with compatibility. Well, if you're going to buy keyboards with LED back-lit keys then there's a chance it will come faulty. It's like buying a new Honda Civic versus an old one. The new Civic has so many electrical wiring, leds, and you better take the 3-year extended warranty.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Just finished my first custom water-cooling setup today. It didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked it to, but everything worked out in the end and I'm pleased with the results. I'll have some pics soon, but in the meantime, here are my specs: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard Intel i7 3930K @ 4.6ghz 2X GTX 670 (Soon to be replaced, probably with a water-cooled GTX 780, but we'll see) 16gb Corsair DDR3 memory @ 2133mhz 2X OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID0 1X 1tb WD Caviar Black Case: Corsair 800D RAD: EK 360mm (really thick, only just fits into my case with the fans installed) CPU Block: EK Supremacy Elite Pump: Alpha Cool VPP655 with EK top
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 Cyberdot

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"] What was the problem? No company can avoid the occasional defective product, but a good company makes it easy to sort out any problems. I had some corsair ram die on me, but it had a lifetime warranty so it was replaced in a week.Elann2008

How was the Corsair RAM faulty? Maybe it wasn't compatible with your motherboard. I've had this happen, but it had nothing to do with the quality of the product, but with compatibility. Well, if you're going to buy keyboards with LED back-lit keys then there's a chance it will come faulty. It's like buying a new Honda Civic versus an old one. The new Civic has so many electrical wiring, leds, and you better take the 3-year extended warranty.

They are fully compatible with my motherboard. It's just that they decided it's time to pass away and start BSOD'ing. Tested them with memory diagnostic tool and was positive to a fault.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 PernicioEnigma

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Cyberdot

They are fully compatible with my motherboard. It's just that they decided it's time to pass away and start BSOD'ing. Tested them with memory diagnostic tool and was positive to a fault.

That's a shame. Corsair are generally considered to be a reliable brand when it comes to memory - I've never had any issues with them. You can still get unlucky though.
VforVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 VforVengence
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Went through the whole thread and haven't seen too many watercooled rigs, so here's mine! In the middle of building it:  Case closed! aha see what I did there xd  Case open =o  yummy guts
Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 Cyberdot

OkTmjUh.gif

Looks so good.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Looks very nice. Those monitors are incredibly high, though, do you stand at your desk?? Oh and you definitely need new speakers. What are the specs?
soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#436 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

tumblr_mkhjq1oAfX1ri08goo1_400.gif

Dude. Amazing setup! Jelly!

nightz2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 nightz2k
Member since 2004 • 456 Posts
Nice EK blocks and Alphacool rads. I really want to go full loop whenever I get around to buying blocks for my GPU's and another 240 Rad.
VforVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 VforVengence
Nice EK blocks and Alphacool rads. I really want to go full loop whenever I get around to buying blocks for my GPU's and another 240 Rad. nightz2k
Do it! [QUOTE="C_Rule"]Looks very nice. Those monitors are incredibly high, though, do you stand at your desk?? Oh and you definitely need new speakers. What are the specs?

You're right I do need new speakers, can you recommend a good set? And my monitors are not that high, it's just the way I took the photo xD Intel i7 920 @ 2.67ghz nVidia GTX 680 2GB 120GB SSD + standard 500GB state drive 6GB RAM not mentioning the motherboard, it's shamelful :P I gotta update a couple of things
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#439 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

^Where on earth did you get those lights around the inside of the case?O_o

I also I can't believe some people hate stuff like that.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts
[QUOTE="VforVengence"] You're right I do need new speakers, can you recommend a good set?

Budget?
VforVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 VforVengence

mitu123
Amazon, you just have to look around =]
VforVengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 VforVengence
[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"][QUOTE="VforVengence"] You're right I do need new speakers, can you recommend a good set?

Budget?

£40ish nothing too mad
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 MuD3
i originally planned on doing water cooling, but my temps never got high enough for me to warrant the cost. if i had the extra money then i would do it anyway but i would rather upgrade my video cards than water cool at this point.
horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Just finished my first custom water-cooling setup today. It didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked it to, but everything worked out in the end and I'm pleased with the results. I'll have some pics soon, but in the meantime, here are my specs: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard Intel i7 3930K @ 4.6ghz 2X GTX 670 (Soon to be replaced, probably with a water-cooled GTX 780, but we'll see) 16gb Corsair DDR3 memory @ 2133mhz 2X OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID0 1X 1tb WD Caviar Black Case: Corsair 800D RAD: EK 360mm (really thick, only just fits into my case with the fans installed) CPU Block: EK Supremacy Elite Pump: Alpha Cool VPP655 with EK top

You need to do benchmark
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 Elann2008

mitu123
Generally, cause they are too bright and some people don't care for their PC cases to be disco clubs.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
FT02 is one of the greatest cases ever made.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

VforVengence

Amazon, you just have to look around =]

Logisys tube?

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="VforVengence"]Went through the whole thread and haven't seen too many watercooled rigs, so here's mine! In the middle of building it:  Case closed! aha see what I did there xd  Case open =o  yummy guts

Cool, but isn't best to have the shortest tubing you can? It looks like you have a lot of slack tubing there...
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 PernicioEnigma

P6090209_zps41d9a64e.jpgP6090201_zps0278a9ea.jpg

P6090211_zps0c24302b.jpg

P6090207_zps6bfe23d0.jpg

P6090203_zpsf5b801a9.jpg

P6090212_zps2fc38362.jpg

P6090213_zps32782862.jpg

That's it.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]Just finished my first custom water-cooling setup today. It didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked it to, but everything worked out in the end and I'm pleased with the results. I'll have some pics soon, but in the meantime, here are my specs: Asus Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard Intel i7 3930K @ 4.6ghz 2X GTX 670 (Soon to be replaced, probably with a water-cooled GTX 780, but we'll see) 16gb Corsair DDR3 memory @ 2133mhz 2X OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in RAID0 1X 1tb WD Caviar Black Case: Corsair 800D RAD: EK 360mm (really thick, only just fits into my case with the fans installed) CPU Block: EK Supremacy Elite Pump: Alpha Cool VPP655 with EK top

You need to do benchmark

I've posted scores from the Unigine Heaven and Valley benchmarks on this site.