Showcase your rigs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by MuD3 (1526 posts) -

the 350D supposedly has made extra room behind the motherboard tray. i would assume if they are to make more cases they would fallow the trend. as it is, the 650D barely has room enough. now that i have tucked my cords i've got a bit of a bulge going on.

i'm considering getting an ft02 or an arc midi r2 but i can't pull the trigger because i wanna see if corsair puts anything else out. damn corsair and it's awesome case features!

edit: why does quick reply take out my spacing... 

#353 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

the 350D supposedly has made extra room behind the motherboard tray. i would assume if they are to make more cases they would fallow the trend. as it is, the 650D barely has room enough. now that i have tucked my cords i've got a bit of a bulge going on.

i'm considering getting an ft02 or an arc midi r2 but i can't pull the trigger because i wanna see if corsair puts anything else out. damn corsair and it's awesome case features!

edit: why does quick reply take out my spacing... 

MuD3
quick reply has always done that, with the rest of gamespot's glitches and bugs lol.
#354 Posted by Amster_G (4295 posts) -

Some minor changes since this;

I downgraded a little bit. No longer is this an SLI setup. Somebody purchased my second GTX 670 as I didn't really need two of them for the amount of gaming I do, nor am I too worried about not being able to max everything out so... I made some cash and my system is still a beast!

Also, I added a second 1TB hard drive for additional storage.

53ustj.jpg

308wftz.jpg

#355 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
@AmsterG It was a smart sale.. considering the GTX 770 is out and only $400, same price as GTX 670 until they adjust prices. I'm even thinking about selling my GTX 670, for at least $370-380, just to replace it with a 770 even though I might have to fork over a bit for the difference. I'd rather wait to see what AMD is cooking though, and next Nvidia lineup. I still prefer single GPU setup.
#356 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

That's a very pretty system!! 

P.S. I also made some updates to my system, I'll be posting it again. 

#357 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

@AmsterG It was a smart sale.. considering the GTX 770 is out and only $400, same price as GTX 670 until they adjust prices.Elann2008

^^This.  In fact I'd wager that around the time the 760 Ti comes out that you won't be able to get that good a price for a 670, as the 760 Ti is rumored to be just a rebadged 670 anyway.

#358 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -

Some minor changes since this;

I downgraded a little bit. No longer is this an SLI setup. Somebody purchased my second GTX 670 as I didn't really need two of them for the amount of gaming I do, nor am I too worried about not being able to max everything out so... I made some cash and my system is still a beast!

Also, I added a second 1TB hard drive for additional storage.

53ustj.jpg

308wftz.jpg

Amster_G

Still the best looking PC here IMO

Are those blue LEDs or part of the motherboard up top?

#359 Posted by Amster_G (4295 posts) -

I'm even thinking about selling my GTX 670, for at least $370-380,Elann2008

What exact model is it? The one I sold was an EVGA 915MHz 2GB model. I had it up for $350 but ended up getting $300 for it.

Still the best looking PC here IMO

Are those blue LEDs or part of the motherboard up top?

kraken2109

Thank you :) And yes, those blue LEDs up top are part of the motherboard.

#360 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

Bit of an upgrade. Got a new heatsink and the Xonar DX card. Loving it! :)

Old.

020_zps06951608.jpg

New

023_zps555eb133.jpg

#361 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

<*snip>

soolkiki

Nice!  Now that you are no longer on the stock cooler you can try an OC!  ;)

#362 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I'm even thinking about selling my GTX 670, for at least $370-380,Amster_G

What exact model is it?

I have a GTX 670 Signature 2.

#363 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

<*snip>

FaustArp

Nice!  Now that you are no longer on the stock cooler you can try an OC!  ;)

That's the plan!! :)

#364 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -

Old.

New

023_zps555eb133.jpg

soolkiki

Unless you have a weird case, the fan on yuor heatsink should be on the other side blowing air through the heatsink and out the back of the case.

#365 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

^ Pull configuration is absolutely fine. I have it the same way as Soolkiki. I get slightly better temps 2-3C, in PULL ONLY, over Push only. I've also done push/pull, but can't be bothered with the high amount of dust intake, for a trade-off of a few 2-3*C cooler.

If you look for hyper 212+ tests on overclock.net done in all configurations, you'll find the difference in temps are negligible.

#366 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

^ Pull configuration is absolutely fine. I have it the same way as Soolkiki. I get slightly better temps 2-3C, in PULL ONLY, over Push only. I've also done push/pull, but can't be bothered with the high amount of dust intake, for a trade-off of a few 2-3*C cooler.

If you look for hyper 212+ tests on overclock.net done in all configurations, you'll find the difference in temps are negligible.

Elann2008

I did the same thing as well when I was using the Hyper 212 Evo, it was fine.

#367 Posted by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

Old.

020_zps06951608.jpg

New

023_zps555eb133.jpg

soolkiki

Nice.

But the fan should be fitted on the other side so that the airflow goes through the heatsink and exhausted out by the back fan.

The airflow you're having now simply doesn't work. You have two fans conflicting each other.

#368 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
^ I just want to end this push vs pull vs push/pull configurations right here. It does work. How can it not work? People have been doing push/pull, pull only, and push only for a long time. This isn't news.
#369 Posted by Guppy507 (17398 posts) -

Nice.

But the fan should be fitted on the other side so that the airflow goes through the heatsink and exhausted out by the back fan.

The airflow you're having now simply doesn't work. You have two fans conflicting each other.

Cyberdot

I assume he has the fan pulling air through the heatsink, so it's fine.  Both fans are blowing the same way.

#370 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

I configured it that way simply because the RAM was too tall for me to put it on the side that was intended. Both fans are pulling out the back and the top are pulling from the top, making the entire back end exhaust. I have an intake on the side 140mm and one (going to get a second) 120mm intake on the front. I idle around 38C right now. :)

#371 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

I configured it that way simply because the RAM was too tall for me to put it on the side that was intended. Both fans are pulling out the back and the top are pulling from the top, making the entire back end exhaust. I have an intake on the side 140mm and one (going to get a second) 120mm intake on the front. I idle around 38C right now. :)

soolkiki

It's fine.

If you are really worried about it then fire up Prime95 and let that run for a few hours.  :)

#372 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

FaustArp

It's fine.

If you are really worried about it then fire up Prime95 and let that run for a few hours.  :)

Well, I havn't yet had a chance to OC my processor, so I'm curious about what a comfortable temp is if I were to clock to about 4.0 or 4.2. As it stands, I've dropped a good 13-15C.

#373 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

soolkiki

It's fine.

Well, I havn't yet had a chance to OC my processor, so I'm curious about what a comfortable temp is if I were to clock to about 4.0 or 4.2. As it stands, I've dropped a good 13-15C.

What is your Tjmax? 

(Not the department store.  :P  Lol.)

#374 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

It's fine.

FaustArp

What is your Tjmax? 

I'm not sure what the Tjmax is.

#375 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]Well, I havn't yet had a chance to OC my processor, so I'm curious about what a comfortable temp is if I were to clock to about 4.0 or 4.2. As it stands, I've dropped a good 13-15C.

soolkiki

What is your Tjmax? 

If you have core temp that will display it. Can't remember what it refers to though.
#376 Posted by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

soolkiki

Oh, if you turned the fan around so that it "sucks" the air in instead of blowing it out - that's absolutely fine and it'll work great. ;)

#377 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

Cyberdot

Oh, if you turned the fan around so that it "sucks" the air in instead of blowing it out - that's absolutely fine and it'll work great. ;)

That's what he just said he's doing...
#378 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="FaustArp"]

What is your Tjmax? 

kraken2109

If you have core temp that will display it. Can't remember what it refers to though.

Faust has been walking me through it. Last night we were kind of flexing the cpus cores with Prime95 on stock. Will be clocking today. My Tjmax is 105C and that is (faust said something along these lines), the point where the cpu will start to throttle and can burn up. My temps never went past 69C last night on stock. :)

#379 Posted by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

kraken2109

So?

#380 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Cyberdot"]

Cyberdot

So?

I didn't understand why you were just repeating what he said.
#381 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7653 posts) -

A bakery called 85c is opening next to tj maxx, my head *explodes*...

Mines shuts off ~80c-ish anyway.

#382 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

hahaha that's pretty funny! :P 

My Tjmax is 105, though I have the protection set for 91. Faust has been a HUGE help with overclocking. Will be chaning my specs and doing benches when I get this all stable. 

#383 Posted by silversix_ (16627 posts) -
Some of you have really nice 6/8pin cables lol mines that came with CM Silent Pro are soooooo fugly and annoy me since 2011
#384 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="soolkiki"]I'm not sure what the Tjmax is.

soolkiki

Faust has been walking me through it. Last night we were kind of flexing the cpus cores with Prime95 on stock. Will be clocking today. My Tjmax is 105C and that is (faust said something along these lines), the point where the cpu will start to throttle and can burn up. My temps never went past 69C last night on stock. :)

Well what is supposed to happen at Tjmax is that it will start throttling to prevent from burning up.

Though I don't recommend trying to find out how well it works!  :lol:

#385 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

[QUOTE="soolkiki"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"] If you have core temp that will display it. Can't remember what it refers to though.FaustArp

Well what is supposed to happen at Tjmax is that it will start throttling to prevent from burning up.

Though I don't recommend trying to find out how well it works!  :lol:

Yes, this. :P

#386 Posted by kraken2109 (13255 posts) -
Some of you have really nice 6/8pin cables lol mines that came with CM Silent Pro are soooooo fugly and annoy me since 2011silversix_
You can buy extensions that look nicer for cheap
#389 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
[QUOTE="Weird_Jerk"] GRRRRAAWWWWWRRRRGHGRRR!!!!

I reported that spam post like 6 hours ago.
#390 Posted by Horgen (111468 posts) -
Let me help you with that :)
#391 Posted by awptical (835 posts) -

Do some of you guys paint all your components yourself or do you specifically go for certain colored parts? Mine is a rainbow of different colors, dust, spilled dr pepper, etc.

#392 Posted by ankor77 (1071 posts) -

Just finished my Haswell build today. How do I post pics? I never have before.

#393 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4770 posts) -

ankor77
Any particular reason you chose Haswell over Ivy or a X79 setup?
#394 Posted by Guppy507 (17398 posts) -
[QUOTE="ankor77"]

acanofcoke
Any particular reason you chose Haswell over Ivy or a X79 setup?

Better performance and less power consumption than Ivy, and not excessive like 2011 if I had to guess.
#395 Posted by ankor77 (1071 posts) -
I thought about x79 for a long time. Money isn't really an issue but I still dont go crazy. Mostly I didn't want to buy a 2 year old platform. I'm not an overclocker and my sole purpose is gaming so this seemed like the way to go. 6 cores would be nice, but I went for new and flashy despite the reviews.
#396 Posted by EraofWar (49 posts) -
Before: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/ae35c80fb1b5d5a7b0ba23ae98f6576d.jpg After: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/20e8c30adea8aba80ede3761cab970ea.jpg When the lights go out: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/83bddd15c55a3af325e43380e97dfce5.jpg My Build: CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Quad Core (O.C. 4.2) CPU Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 Mem: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 Power: 750w Hard: 500gb OS: Win7 Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer
#397 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

Dem cell phone shots! :P

haha jk! It looks really nice! :) 

#398 Posted by FaustArp (1036 posts) -

Before: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/ae35c80fb1b5d5a7b0ba23ae98f6576d.jpg After: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/20e8c30adea8aba80ede3761cab970ea.jpg When the lights go out: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/83bddd15c55a3af325e43380e97dfce5.jpg My Build: CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Quad Core (O.C. 4.2) CPU Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 Mem: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 Power: 750w Hard: 500gb OS: Win7 Case: COOLER MASTER Storm EnforcerEraofWar

Next upgrade for you should be a camera or better cell phone.  Just kidding.  :P

Looks good!

#399 Posted by EraofWar (49 posts) -

[QUOTE="EraofWar"]Before: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/ae35c80fb1b5d5a7b0ba23ae98f6576d.jpg After: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/20e8c30adea8aba80ede3761cab970ea.jpg When the lights go out: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/83bddd15c55a3af325e43380e97dfce5.jpg My Build: CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Quad Core (O.C. 4.2) CPU Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 Mem: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 Power: 750w Hard: 500gb OS: Win7 Case: COOLER MASTER Storm EnforcerFaustArp

Next upgrade for you should be a camera or better cell phone.  Just kidding.  :P

Looks good!

haha thanks. I love it and don't regret any part of it xD. As far as pic quality goes it was with a Droid Razor Maxx and still sucks haha.
#400 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="EraofWar"]Before: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/ae35c80fb1b5d5a7b0ba23ae98f6576d.jpg After: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/20e8c30adea8aba80ede3761cab970ea.jpg When the lights go out: http://freemmorpgmaker.com/uploadfiles/83bddd15c55a3af325e43380e97dfce5.jpg My Build: CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Quad Core (O.C. 4.2) CPU Fan: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 Mem: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 2133 Power: 750w Hard: 500gb OS: Win7 Case: COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer

I still think you should have gone with the GTX 770 to pair it up with that sexy CPU. All around nice build though. Now put that in your signature!