RAGE - More Bull from a Dev...???

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
AFTER all this debacle on artifacts, popping and graphics problems...: Is the game WORTH PLAYING? Is it worth all this hassle...?
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

AFTER all this debacle on artifacts, popping and graphics problems...: Is the game WORTH PLAYING? Is it worth all this hassle...?FelipeInside

Yeah. Latest patch from yesterday should've fixed up just about everything. The game is a TON of fun.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

Is the game WORTH PLAYING?FelipeInside

It's incredibly dull. Been there, done that. It was called Borderlands and that sucked.

It's so unoriginal, I can't believe this is what the end result was. Perfect for consolebots who are primed and ready for Call of Duty 8 or whatever number they're up to. A simple game for simple minds.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Is the game WORTH PLAYING?Rusteater

It's incredibly dull. Been there, done that. It was called Borderlands and that sucked.

It's so unoriginal, I can't believe this is what the end result was. Perfect for consolebots who are primed and ready for Call of Duty 8 or whatever number they're up to. A simple game for simple minds.

I have yet to play RAGE, that's why I am asking, but a game doesn't have to be complex to be fun.... also, if a game is simple doesn't mean "simple minds" play it...
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I'm quite glad I never took an interest in this game.

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Rusteater

[QUOTE="Rusteater"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Is the game WORTH PLAYING?FelipeInside

I have yet to play RAGE, that's why I am asking, but a game doesn't have to be complex to be fun.... also, if a game is simple doesn't mean "simple minds" play it...

True.

I was expecting something with depth and I got Borderlands with a different art style.

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

[QUOTE="Rusteater"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Is the game WORTH PLAYING?FelipeInside

It's a very fun to play game, but I'm that type of gamer who can thoroughly enjoy games like Serious Sam, Painkiller, Hard Reset, Boerderlands, etc. A game doesn't always need a deep narrative to be fun. The shooting itself in Rage is great, with a TON of weapon/ammo combiniations but the racing actually turns out to be great as well which is surprising.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Rusteater"]

Endgame_basic

It's a very fun to play game, but I'm that type of gamer who can thoroughly enjoy games like Serious Sam, Painkiller, Hard Reset, Boerderlands, etc. A game doesn't always need a deep narrative to be fun. The shooting itself in Rage is great, with a TON of weapon/ammo combiniations but the racing actually turns out to be great as well which is surprising.

I like the plot, but I don't like what I see from the videos...
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Is the game WORTH PLAYING?Rusteater

Oh the irony :P

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Rusteater

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Rusteater"]

Endgame_basic

I wouldn't call the shooting in Rage great.

I've had the mutant throw those boomerang thing thorugh walls and hit me. I'd call the shooting damn near broken.

Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I have yet to play RAGE, that's why I am asking, but a game doesn't have to be complex to be fun.... also, if a game is simple doesn't mean "simple minds" play it...Rusteater

I've had the mutant throw those boomerang thing thorugh walls and hit me. I'd call the shooting damn near broken.

You are playing a different game than I am if you call the shooting broken. I think people are just whinning to whine personally. The game both looks and plays great dna has FAR less issues than many many other games which people were not so harsh about. A lack of video settings and it being made by ID are the main reasons people are complaining I'm thinking. I wonder what the recption would have been like if this game were pc only....

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

[QUOTE="Rusteater"]

[QUOTE="Endgame_basic"]

Endgame_basic

You are playing a different game than I am if you call the shooting broken. I think people are just whinning to whine personally. The game both looks and plays great dna has FAR less issues than many many other games which people were not so harsh about. A lack of video settings and it being made by ID are the main reasons people are complaining I'm thinking. I wonder what the recption would have been like if this game were pc only....

Probably exactly the same.

Look at everyone tearing the red orchestra 2 devs a new one.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 FelipeInside

http://games.on.net/article/13991/Carmack_a_RAGE_Texture_Patch_is_on_the_Way

Sorry guys, but to me just looks like this guy is full of excuses.

Now he blames SONY as to how they create their own console.

I have yet to see him admit his company's mistakes....

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

http://games.on.net/article/13991/Carmack_a_RAGE_Texture_Patch_is_on_the_Way

Sorry guys, but to me just looks like this guy is full of excuses.

Now he blames SONY as to how they create their own console.

I have yet to see him admit his company's mistakes....FelipeInside

----------

id Software founder and programming legend John Carmack has just given a bold statement that may not pleased consoles gamers. He said, "one of the larger mistakes" he made with RAGE was allowing consoles to have an equal place in development alongside the PC.

In an interview to PC Gamer, John Carmack said, "When we started on the game six years ago, I looked at the consoles and said 'These are as good as the PCs that we're on here', and our development strategy was set up such that we basically developed live on all the platforms there. And now when we're looking at PCs that have ten times the horsepower of the consoles... I'm making a large change in my direction, just saying 'We should be focusing on building things efficiently on the PC and [then] deploying on to consoles.' And we didn't make that as crisp of a distinction as we should have."

Carmack further explain how that will change going forward, "My development system now has twenty-four threads and twenty-four gigs of memory, and we can start putting on half a terabyte of solid state drives, and these are the things that are gonna drive the development process on the PC. So, I'm actually as excited about how we're developing tht titles in this coming generation as the graphics enhancements and things that I'm gonna make."

----------

And devs always say that about Sony, they keep releasing consoles with exotic hardware that's a pain to use, and the OS Is larger in memory that the 360's, as well as having that split memory...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Doesn't really matter, what's done is done, for years all Carmack said was "noise".
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Best shooter since Quake 3. Most beautiful game ever made.

People claiming it's bad or comparing it to Borderlands and whatever else they think invented the post-apocalyptic genre are entitled to their opinion, even if it's wrong. I'm also entitled to not giving a **** about them and their opinions.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

All these stupid "interviews" are actually just quotes from the keynote speech at quake con in June (?).

All these magazines are confirmed for being full of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28

It's an hour and a half, but watch all of it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Carmack and Id or overrated. I made a thread on this awhile ago btw ;).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 FelipeInside

People claiming it's bad or comparing it to Borderlands and whatever else they think invented the post-apocalyptic genre are entitled to their opinion, even if it's wrong. I'm also entitled to not giving a **** about them and their opinions.

Baranga

Say what...???

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 FelipeInside

All these stupid "interviews" are actually just quotes from the keynote speech at quake con in June (?).

All these magazines are confirmed for being full of crap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28

It's an hour and a half, but watch all of it.

GummiRaccoon
Bloody hell, can't believe anything these days on the net...
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

FelipeInside

Say what...???

Most beautiful game ever made. I don't give a **** about low-res textures as I'm not some dumbass always staring at them from five centimeters. Yeah, there are some Doom 3 quality assets: why would I care about that and ignore everything else? The overall picture is fabulous. So much variety, such a fantastic art design! Areas like the Dead City or the Eastern Wasteland have no equal. And the animation quality is also incredible, the first time I met the hermit with the robot head on his shoulder my jaw dropped - like, literally. That's Pixar quality right there.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Hmm, I can see why most devs left for console gaming, pc gamers are just perfectionist by heart and hard to please.

Bikouchu35

Yeah. How dare we expect our games to run!

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Say what...???

Most beautiful game ever made. I don't give a **** about low-res textures as I'm not some dumbass always staring at them from five centimeters. Yeah, there are some Doom 3 quality assets: why would I care about that and ignore everything else? The overall picture is fabulous. So much variety, such a fantastic art design! Areas like the Dead City or the Eastern Wasteland have no equal. And the animation quality is also incredible, the first time I met the hermit with the robot head on his shoulder my jaw dropped - like, literally. That's Pixar quality right there.

Ye i mean my jaw literally drop when i saw the clouds acctually didn't move at all. It's a sad day when you look at a game like Minecraft and see that their clouds move :S.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Baranga

Say what...???

So does it look better for example than Crysis? Crysis 2? Trine? Batman: AA? even Fallout 3 or New Vegas which roughly is the same setting...?

Of course beauty is to the eye of the beholder, so maybe for you it looks like the best but for others might not be the same. (example to me TRINE is the best looking game to date)

As for texture, you don't have to look at them from 5cm....you can tell there are some low ones from even 100 meters away sometimes.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Inconsistancy

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Say what...???

FelipeInside

So does it look better for example than Crysis? Crysis 2? Trine? Batman: AA? even Fallout 3 or New Vegas which roughly is the same setting...?

Yea, a hell of a lot better than either of the Fallout's, those are pretty ugly games.

None of those games suffer from the limitation of the megatexture, surface area, since it assigns a part of the texture based on a plane instead of dynamically based on the geometry (from what I gather considering how it fails to do small objects, but thrives on large, smooth objects) But,

As a Picture, if you ignore the low res textures on the walls/props, taken from an appropriate distance. I think it does look better, bit static feeling with the baked lighting.

Stock Crysis is pretty inconsistent, some areas are beautiful, and others are just ugly.

Trine doens't belong on the list it's all art **** like comparing it to Diablo3, Imo. Well, maybe it has a place, it is art ****vs tech graphics, but then I'd say... it's a vastly different art **** so still vs Trine/Diablo, no good.

I think, the best 'realistic' ****graphics belong to Mirror's Edge still... using art+graphics = yummy.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
using art+graphics = yummy.Inconsistancy
Trine isn't just bout art it's quite advanced, and regarding that ^ part, here you go, one of the most advanced and the most beautiful game ever created that we will be able to get before 2012.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] using art+graphics = yummy.DanielDust
Trine isn't just bout art it's quite advanced, and regarding that ^ part, here you go, one of the most advanced and the most beautiful game ever created that we will be able to get before 2012.

GOD Trine looks amazing doesn't it.... ...and no blurry textures :P
Goro69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Goro69
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
Rage is garbage. Linear corridor shooter, with textures that look like they're straight out of Doom 3 a 7 year old game. I don't get why people care about ID anymore, Quake 1,2 and 3 were masterpieces with incredible true pc multiplayer that took skill. These linear shooters for 60$ they have been putting out for over 8 years are awful.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

project offset would have been the most visually stunning games of all time. Thanks intel.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I agree with Quake 3 being the best looking game ever made, look at MW3 :P Oh and in serious, amazing engine and the graphics are just focused on the important stuff which is what is really important.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Well duh, if it is this buggy, no one on the PC is going to buy it.

Blizzard doesn't have any issue selling PC games.

GummiRaccoon

I think you hit the nail on the proverbial head. So long as the game is good, people will buy things on the PC.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Baranga

As a Picture, if you ignore the low res textures on the walls/props, taken from an appropriate distance. I think it does look better, bit static feeling with the baked lighting.

Inconsistancy

This puts it best. It's static, but goddamn it looks good. Smart use of colour grading hides the lightning problems most of the time.

Every corner of the game feels like some artist painted on it for weeks. It's gorgeous. You know how Valve keeps talking about putting effort only in the areas the player will look at? They've got psychologists and tests and stuff to make sure they don't waste resources on areas most players will ignore. id went in the totally opposite direction with Rage.

Keep an eye out for the Quake V logo btw :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

Baranga

This puts it best. It's static, but goddamn it looks good. Smart use of colour grading hides the lightning problems most of the time.

Every corner of the game feels like some artist painted on it for weeks. It's gorgeous. You know how Valve keeps talking about putting effort only in the areas the player will look at? They've got psychologists and tests and stuff to make sure they don't waste resources on areas most players will ignore. id went in the totally opposite direction with Rage.

Keep an eye out for the Quake V logo btw :P

I have yet to play RAGE (only played a couple of times at my friends house), and I agree (if you ignore low res textures) that the game looks good. 1- Saying that, the clouds really should be dynamic in today's standards 2- Isn't having low res textures automatically make the game not that great looking? 3- As I said, game looks great but nowhere near "best ever"
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

I could grab some quotes from that link but it looks like they've all be covered :P. I have only been gaming on PC for a few months now, but seriously Devs. aren't thinking like this are they? I love my PC WAY too much now to go back to a console :cry:

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 FelipeInside

I could grab some quotes from that link but it looks like they've all be covered :P. I have only been gaming on PC for a few months now, but seriously Devs. aren't thinking like this are they? I love my PC WAY too much now to go back to a console :cry:

lil_d_mack_314
Don't let Cormack (one dev) put you off PC. There are some really good devs and games out there that instead of complaining about AMD and Sony, actually apologize, fix and even reward customers (CDProjekt)
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#138 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

If a game is good then people are going to buy it period.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Silicel1

[QUOTE="lil_d_mack_314"]

FelipeInside

Don't let Cormack (one dev) put you off PC. There are some really good devs and games out there that instead of complaining about AMD and Sony, actually apologize, fix and even reward customers (CDProjekt)

This^.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Silicel1

Also as far as pc games go The Witcher 2 is so far the greatest. Its worth buying it twice at ful price.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 FelipeInside

Also as far as pc games go The Witcher 2 is so far the greatest. Its worth buying it twice at ful price.

Silicel1
Far from it my friend, but still a really good awesome game in parts....
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#142 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

He has a point.... but this is id!! Come on!

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

[QUOTE="lil_d_mack_314"]

FelipeInside

I'm not going to. BF3 Beta, Portal2, EYE, TF2, CSS on 007 Golden Eye maps...I have no regrets ;).

Silicel1

I couldn't get into Witcher1, about to uninstall it honestly. Glad I only payed 10$ for it.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Inconsistancy

Silicel1
I think the gameplay is terrible. (at launch, I've not tested the updated version..)
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Baranga

Don't let Cormack (one dev) put you off PC. There are some really good devs and games out there that instead of complaining about AMD and Sony, actually apologize, fix and even reward customers (CDProjekt)FelipeInside

Carmack had a right to complain about AMD. About Sony, well, everybody complains. And he still delivered a 60 fps game that looks this good on that POS console (I say that as a PS3 owner).

As for CD Projekt... Well, I hate TW2. As far as I'm concerned they delivered a barely playable mess. The updates barely fixed the mess that is the gameplay design. Speaking of graphics, it has some really awesome textures - covered by a hideous amount of bloom, depth of field and 5 meters draw distance. PC gamers laugh at console games that employ those tricks, TW2 gets a free pass though.

1- Saying that, the clouds really should be dynamic in today's standards 2- Isn't having low res textures automatically make the game not that great looking? FelipeInside

1 - As if many games have dynamic sky. Rage's clouds look astonishing and the colour and lightning tricks make it different as you move through the wasteland. Every level has a different skybox anyway.

2 - What, you mean like Crysis?

I'm actually typing this while alt-tabbed, I need a rest after a really intense Doom styIe fight. If Rage is a tease of Doom 4 - then wow. It's going to be incredible.

You know every other shooter developer has a problem when id's pistol feels like a goddamn shotgun.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Silicel1

[QUOTE="Silicel1"]

FelipeInside

Far from it my friend, but still a really good awesome game in parts....

Im sorry I meant this year.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="lil_d_mack_314"] Don't let Cormack (one dev) put you off PC. There are some really good devs and games out there that instead of complaining about AMD and Sony, actually apologize, fix and even reward customers (CDProjekt)lil_d_mack_314

I'm not going to. BF3 Beta, Portal2, EYE, TF2, CSS on 007 Golden Eye maps...I have no regrets ;).

Silicel1

I couldn't get into Witcher1, about to uninstall it honestly. Glad I only payed 10$ for it.

I couldn't get into Witcher 1 either (mostly cause of combat), but I loved Witcher 2.... (most of it)
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Don't let Cormack (one dev) put you off PC. There are some really good devs and games out there that instead of complaining about AMD and Sony, actually apologize, fix and even reward customers (CDProjekt)Baranga

Carmack had a right to complain about AMD. About Sony, well, everybody complains. And he still delivered a 60 fps game that looks this good on that POS console (I say that as a PS3 owner).

As for CD Projekt... Well, I hate TW2. As far as I'm concerned they delivered a barely playable mess. The updates barely fixed the mess that is the gameplay design. Speaking of graphics, it has some really awesome textures - covered by a hideous amount of bloom, depth of field and 5 meters draw distance. PC gamers laugh at console games that employ those tricks, TW2 gets a free pass though.

1- Saying that, the clouds really should be dynamic in today's standards 2- Isn't having low res textures automatically make the game not that great looking? FelipeInside

1 - As if many games have dynamic sky. Rage's clouds look astonishing and the colour and lightning tricks make it different as you move through the wasteland. Every level has a different skybox anyway.

2 - What, you mean like Crysis?

I'm actually typing this while alt-tabbed, I need a rest after a really intense Doom styIe fight. If Rage is a tease of Doom 4 - then wow. It's going to be incredible.

You know every other shooter developer has a problem when id's pistol feels like a goddamn shotgun.

1- Yes, my point exactly, I wish more games had dynamic sky....they should in this day and age. 2- Really? I never noticed Crysis' low textures... maybe I don't remember, lol. One way or another, those textures shouldn't be there... but I don't fully understand the tech behind the engine to understand why they are.
AssRhino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AssRhino
Member since 2003 • 515 Posts

People think Witcher 2 is that bad? It was my GOTY 2011 till i got into the old republic beta and was blown away by it.I see a lot of strange hate for SWTOR on the forums too.Guess i just have different tastes then most.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 FelipeInside

People think Witcher 2 is that bad? It was my GOTY 2011 till i got into the old republic beta and was blown away by it.I see a lot of strange hate for SWTOR on the forums too.Guess i just have different tastes then most.

AssRhino
The hate is because lots of people think it's like "WoW in Space". I personally can't wait to play it (never got into the beta)....have preordered CE !!!