Mafia 2 VS Gta 4 (Poll)

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jacky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Jacky14
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts
Those who say that Mafia story and vehicles are crap are just stupid :D The atmosphere in Mafia is pure awesomeness. Gta4 is great, but Mafia 2 will make you pee your pants ;)

btw, that guy who said that dialogues were bad in Mafia that means that you haven't played the game :D
GoddyQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 GoddyQ
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts

I just finished Mafia for the third time today, and I still love it, great game.

Cars might be pretty god darn slow, but hey, it's 1930's what to expect o.O.

But there is ''fast cars'' later in the game! :)

Great story, dialogue, and lots of cool action8)

GTA is very nice too, especially GTA3, had a lot of fun with that one, but in the end, Mafia wins, and I'm sure Mafia 2 will blow everything away:D (Together with Godfather 2 hopefully!;) )

Dang edit button !!

CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts

GTA 4 was a risky game trying to reinvent the title and it worked spectacularly. Mafia 2 is going to be more of the same....which I hated.

Solidus171
Lol, what the hell? Another imbecile has crawled out of his cave. How was GTA IV risky? Imo it was played out very safe. Most missions were same as in previous titles. (I am not saying they should reinvent the wheel, but nothing new here. Also it was one of the easiest GTA's ever, if not the easiest. There were only few missions that needed more then 1-2 tries.) Only thing GTA IV had new was physics and graphics, and story was okay. Of course comparing Mafia and GTA IV is not honest. One game came out in 2002 and other in 2008. But Mafia definitely impressed me more when it came out.
Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
[QUOTE="Solidus171"]

GTA 4 was a risky game trying to reinvent the title and it worked spectacularly. Mafia 2 is going to be more of the same....which I hated.

CavalAnts

Lol, what the hell? Another imbecile has crawled out of his cave. How was GTA IV risky? Imo it was played out very safe. Most missions were same as in previous titles. (I am not saying they should reinvent the wheel, but nothing new here. Also it was one of the easiest GTA's ever, if not the easiest. There were only few missions that needed more then 1-2 tries.) Only thing GTA IV had new was physics and graphics, and story was okay. Of course comparing Mafia and GTA IV is not honest. One game came out in 2002 and other in 2008. But Mafia definitely impressed me more when it came out.

I understand your point and it's valid. But GTA:SA for comparison's sake was mindless and barbaric. GTA 4 is more civilised. They climbed out of the cave man era and tried to make a new engine, put some spoonfulls of story in and make the characters relatable. That is why I say they reinvented the title, because it took a different road to its predecessors which paid off, that's what I'm saying.

There is so little news on Mafia 2 that I can only assume it's going to be more gang vs gang beat ups and there will of course be the story of corruption, but it's looking like it's going to be Mafia with a revamped engine. I never liked Mafia really, so anyone who liked that game reading this will predictably stab my face, but I couldn't stand the clunky gameplay and tiresome story (having to repeat a mission dozens of times made me lose all sense of care in the story anyway). The GTA formula works better with me and GTA 4 was a different take in the franchise which I personally prefered. GTA:SA is ok if you're 14, but a grown up will prefer the relatable and relevant story over gory gameplay.

Maybe I'm too young to care about Mafia 2? It just doesn't interest me at all.

harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#105 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts

I seriously hope Mafia 2 is better, then ill have an excuse to spend money on it :)

already got GTA 4 on my brothers 360 and it is great.

Egyptman786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Egyptman786
Member since 2008 • 1152 Posts
AHAHAHHAH i love how you guys cvoted for a game that didnt even come out, and this is the worst thread ever, how are you gona make a pole about 2 games when no one have even played one of them
mslovak_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mslovak_basic
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

this is NO CONTEST... MafiaII wins by a landslide.

even the Original Mafia (on PC) is still better than even GTA4, especially in the long run.

alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 alastor_vj
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts

ALERT yet annother thread has been brought back by the forces of evil! only YOU can stop thread necromancy.

and mafia wins.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts
It's actually pretty amusing that this thread is as old as it is, yet Mafia II STILL isn't out.
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#110 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4406 Posts
Poles and Polls are actually different things I love this topic.....I'd like to see this again if Mafia gets a rating of 3.5 or something (which I hope it won't get, though!)
SerbWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SerbWarrior
Member since 2009 • 459 Posts

First of all,Mafia 2 isnt even out yet,and GTA IV is...

Second,a lot of people here seem to be brain dead.

GTA IV?

GTA IV sucked,it didnt have atmoshpere,no story,the gameplay wasnt bad,and the graphics and phisics were cool...

But the game sucked,GTA games will always be the same,the same thing with better graphics and diffrent characters...

I have no doubt that Mafia 2 will blow GTA IV from memory!

And besides this pool came out all wrong,it should have been Mafia vs GTA III,and if people say GTA III...

(no comment)

404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
Well, Mafia 2 is the sequel to the one of the greatest game of all time, but I still fear about consolization.
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#113 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

GTA 4

ThomasMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#114 ThomasMaster
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts

GTA IV so far.

How can you make us choose between a 10 rated game and a game that isn't out yet? Mafia 1 was outstading like Godfather 1 and Godfather 2 sucked so much and was awaited by so many thinkin it would be fantastic.

SerbWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 SerbWarrior
Member since 2009 • 459 Posts

GTA IV so far.

How can you make us choose between a 10 rated game and a game that isn't out yet? Mafia 1 was outstading like Godfather 1 and Godfather 2 sucked so much and was awaited by so many thinkin it would be fantastic.

ThomasMaster

Hm,well,you see,Mafia 2 is the sequel of Mafia 1.
And Mafia 1 being so good,its really not posible that Mafia 2 will be worse than GTA IV.

Id rather play Mafia then GTA IV any day of the week.

Mafia had an incredibly better plot,dialogues and even gameplay.

While GTA games are always 100 % the same,unknown guy comes back home,someone kills someone,the unknown guy wants revenge,it got old in GTA San Andreas,but i played it,and San Andreas was a kick ass game,San Andreas is better than GTA IV,and so is Mafia 2!

Menphues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Menphues
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts

GTA 4 is good for a few hours, it's got that arcade feel.

Mafia is just mind boggling awesome. What other freeroaming game can you get pulled over for speeding? and get a ticket, get arrested for walking around with a gun, have to fill up your petrol Etc. None. Mafia has the realism of an open world and just beats GTA to the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy gta I own it but I would put Mafia first for any free roaming game around. It just is that good and enough said.

fabounito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 fabounito
Member since 2010 • 61 Posts
i voted for GTA 4 it has such a fun and crazy soul !
quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#118 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Old thread is old.