Mafia 2 VS Gta 4 (Poll)

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

The cars were one of my problems with Mafia. Clearly, different people have different tastes, but while I was playing Mafia, I wasn't thinking wow, these cars are authentic! That's so awesome! I was thinking ZZZzzzzzzzz.

We sure do... Anyway, if the cars in Mafia felt like Ferraris in F1, it would ruin the immersion of the game.

I know you said a happy medium, I just like to argue.

artur79

Argue with this! *makes a hand gesture*

artur79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 artur79
Member since 2005 • 4679 Posts
[QUOTE="artur79"]

The cars were one of my problems with Mafia. Clearly, different people have different tastes, but while I was playing Mafia, I wasn't thinking wow, these cars are authentic! That's so awesome! I was thinking ZZZzzzzzzzz.

We sure do... Anyway, if the cars in Mafia felt like Ferraris in F1, it would ruin the immersion of the game.

I know you said a happy medium, I just like to argue.

fatshodan

Argue with this! *makes a hand gesture*

I'd put that finger away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q9kYKtvYU0

(Watch the first 13 secs)

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#53 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
As much as I liked some of the first game and how good the sequel looks, I think GTA4 will still be the better game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

GTA4 for sure, while i enjoyed the first Mafia game i have always enjoyed the GTA games and having been able to play along with a friend who owns GTA4 on the PS3 i have to say its a great game. GTA games have always been rather good though and while San Andreas wasn't that great in my opinion i have always felt Rockstar produces good quality games with the GTA series.

Mafia so far has one game in its franchise, a good game but nothing that special if we're being honest. The GTA series however has had multiple games and each have proven to be great games, San Andreas perhaps not so much as say GTA3 and Vice City.

cru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cru3
Member since 2003 • 303 Posts

Thats like trying to say that Call of Duty is a copy of Medal of Honour.

I wouldn't say that this particular comparison is totally off...

artur79

The word comparison is very apt here. "Clone" is a strong word when you're talking about games like these. A clone is something that is exactly the same. There is a wealth of difference between GTA and Mafia. They might be similar from a game style perspective, but they're definitely not clones.

LordVanil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 LordVanil
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

Mafia 2. It's almost funny how overrated Grand Theft Auto IV is.

Almost.

~V

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
mafia 2 by a longshot, i have almost zero interest in gta iv
Freak2121GTAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Freak2121GTAF
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

Anyone who finished the game will know it's excellent story and great stunt spots.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=XDIVoxXPlzU

AOldDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 AOldDog
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts
It's hard to decide because they are not for the same tipe of gamer. First of all i have 30 years of age and 24 of experience playing games, and i play the GTA Series since the first one ['98 or '99 i think] and i loved and owned ich and every one of them and i kant wait to get my hands on the pc version of nr.IV [i allready played the PS version], but they are nothing compared to Mafia because they dont have a strong powerfull storry behind them that evolves with the player, [exsception making san andreas]. In mafia every thing was perfect, from the lights to the fealing of the cars, the only thing that i have missed in mafia was the interraction with the environment like in the newer versions of GTA, thing that the programers say it is corrected in the Mafia II [kinda' like san andreas]. Some of you will say that Mafia is a clone of GTA, but i ask you this my brothers is Splinter Cell a copy of Thief [the first game with stealth action], and the answer is NO, because from the human desire to compeat we advanced so much in the last 100 years and because of the free market. Botom line is if this guys compeat aggainst each other we have only to winn. This year we won 2 great games not counting the others like: Fallout 3....and many more [ Sorry u guyz i got carried away ;-) ]
noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
Bump much? Anyway, I'll always prefer Mafia.
Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Store24
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

I am so hooked on GTAIV right now. I can't stop playing it. I agree that it is a perfect 10! It's absolutely brilliant and is the best GTA game yet (and I loved all the others too). I love it on 360 and can't wait to play it all over again when it comes out on PC.

But I am still WAY more excited about Mafia 2 as Mafia is still the best game ever made ever IMO!!!!

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts
to me, it's absolutely no contest. every GTA games since GTA3 are miles better than Mafia. so naturally, GTA4 > Mafia2
modai119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 modai119
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
Can't compare for now since Mafia 2 didn't come out! But I know Mafia > GTA 3 in terms of graphics and story...
1mpaler-w6rbnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 1mpaler-w6rbnd
Member since 2008 • 1992 Posts
GTA 4 of course.
CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts
Mafia II, no doubt.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

GTAIV

I admit I never could get into mafia due to the vehicles...I understand it was authentic but it wasn't fun to me.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

Pretty surprised to see the results end up the way they did. I would expect it if the majority of the people on the Xbox 360 or PS3 forums preferred GTA IV, but I always thought PC gamers looked a bit deeper into the games.

Mafia was one of the most immersive games I've played out there...

firo999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 firo999
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

ofcourse mafia 2 well to me anyway its hard to tell sinsce mafia is not released yet gta games never had the thing that made mafia so special just compare stories it's obvious which better

firo999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 firo999
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts
dnuggs40 the cars are what made mafia better that gta let alone the graphics and story i mean mafia had better graphics that san andreas :? and san andreas came out how many years later ?
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts

Better for you...not for me. They looked better, but I did not find driving them particularly fun, therefore I lost interest in the game. And looking at the poll it appears to be the case with quite a few people.

It's not a big deal though, I am not saying the game is crap. Just didn't appeal to me.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

dnuggs40 the cars are what made mafia better that gta let alone the graphics and story i mean mafia had better graphics that san andreas :? and san andreas came out how many years later ?firo999

Umm graphics? graphics matter that much? imo it's the graphics that mate GTA's awesome atmosphere and made it such a great game also the possibilities of it's engine were unlimited.

I'd take GTA VC, SA and soon to be 4 any day over the "awesomegraphics that Mafia has, "awesome" cars and "awesome" story.

GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#73 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

GTA4 being a game Gamespot gave a 10 I bought it right away.

While it isn't a bad game, it definately does NOT deserve a 10.

I played it for awhile and then I sold it on ebay. MGS4 which also got a 10, now that deserved a 10.

I havent played Mafia 2 becuase it isn't out, but it does look promising.

Which then makes me wonder why do ppl say which game is better, this game or that game, when said games aren't even out yet.

I think biggest_loser has time much time on his hands, yet again. But maybe that is becuase he is always raising them, and he isn't even SURE ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gKQ8paZ8Lc ) :lol:

silversame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#74 silversame
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
mafia is more realistic ,so i vote for mafia II
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#75 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

mafia is more realistic ,so i vote for mafia IIsilversame
Mafia was indeed realistic. Like how you go to the gas station, get fined for driving through a red light. But now GTA is starting to go towards realism. Mafia was a great game, brilliant storyline, really fun missions.

I also enjoyed GTA 4 a lot, one of my favourite games of all, but if Mafia 2 lives up to it's expectations, I may have to say Mafia 2, but for now I can't say which is better since we don't know anything about Mafia 2's gameplay yet, just screenshots and trailers.

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#76 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts

[QUOTE="silversame"]mafia is more realistic ,so i vote for mafia IImhofever

Mafia was indeed realistic. Like how you go to the gas station, get fined for driving through a red light. But now GTA is starting to go towards realism. Mafia was a great game, brilliant storyline, really fun missions.

I also enjoyed GTA 4 a lot, one of my favourite games of all, but if Mafia 2 lives up to it's expectations, I may have to say Mafia 2, but for now I can't say which is better since we don't know anything about Mafia 2's gameplay yet, just screenshots and trailers.

no its not enemies dont take 5 shots from a pistol that jumps around in gta iv!
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mhofever
[QUOTE="mhofever"]

[QUOTE="silversame"]mafia is more realistic ,so i vote for mafia IIHellboard

Pretty much all games are not realistic then if you say so.

fatzebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 fatzebra
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts
dnuggs40 the cars are what made mafia better that gta let alone the graphics and story i mean mafia had better graphics that san andreas :? and san andreas came out how many years later ?firo999
Invaild. SA has an enviroment 3x as large at the least, with many more exciting things to do (i.e. helicopters, jetpacks, planes, ect.)
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I personally can't decide. I liked what I saw in GTA 4 so far. As for Mafia 2, I hope it will be as good as the first one, if not better. I love both series.
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
Mafia 2. Can't wait!
AMDAtiFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 AMDAtiFanboy
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts
well..i say it's mafia.GTA it's just a fun game.even 8 yr old boy can play :twisted:
ADG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 ADG_
Member since 2003 • 1654 Posts
I never liked Mafia, so of course GTA IV will win this one Let's see, what did Mafia have: Slow ugly cars (sure, it has to fit the era, but for a game about cars they sure picked the wrong era. To me that makes just as much sense as making the next Need for Speed game take plade in 1920) I got too bored of the first Mafia game, to even consider trying the next one
milosbeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#83 milosbeli
Member since 2007 • 1045 Posts
gta 4
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="mhofever"] Mafia was indeed realistic. Like how you go to the gas station, get fined for driving through a red light. But now GTA is starting to go towards realism. Mafia was a great game, brilliant storyline, really fun missions.

mhofever

depends i unloaded 6 shots from a revolver that actually hit the enemy and iv checked that they did.. then he killed me right away with his tommy gun.. no thanks mafia is garbage!
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="mhofever"] Mafia was indeed realistic. Like how you go to the gas station, get fined for driving through a red light. But now GTA is starting to go towards realism. Mafia was a great game, brilliant storyline, really fun missions.

mhofever

depends i unloaded 6 shots from a revolver that actually hit the enemy and iv checked that they did.. then he killed me right away with his tommy gun.. no thanks mafia is garbage!

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mhofever
[QUOTE="mhofever"][QUOTE="Hellboard"] no its not enemies dont take 5 shots from a pistol that jumps around in gta iv!Hellboard

woah that is an understatement. Your going too in-depth, your not really looking at it from a gamers perspective. The people who said Mafia in this topic is because they enjoyed the gameplay, not because "enemies dont take 5 shots from a pistol" plus honestly this poll is actually a poll between the first Mafia and GTA IV because no one here has even seen or played Mafia 2 in real-time.

Mafia was one of those great action sandbox games in those times. GTA IV is one of those action sandbox games now. Be a gamer :) , don't be too factual. A little exaggeration keeps us entertained and I can base that on alot of proof. But don't take this as a hate message, I'm just explaining a little things.

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="mhofever"]

mhofever

woah that is an understatement. Your going too in-depth, your not really looking at it from a gamers perspective. The people who said Mafia in this topic is because they enjoyed the gameplay, not because "enemies dont take 5 shots from a pistol" plus honestly this poll is actually a poll between the first Mafia and GTA IV because no one here has even seen or played Mafia 2 in real-time.

Mafia was one of those great action sandbox games in those times. GTA IV is one of those action sandbox games now. Be a gamer :) , don't be too factual. A little exaggeration keeps us entertained and I can base that on alot of proof. But don't take this as a hate message, I'm just explaining a little things.

No brother you dont understand me, mafia gameplay is no freedom no sandbox the worst sandbox game i ever played.. you cant even call it sandbox its too linear, do you even know what sandbox means? My point is that i havent found such a super crappy combat in any game so basicly the gameplay sucked hard for me, therefore the game since it has zero freedom!
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mhofever
[QUOTE="mhofever"][QUOTE="Hellboard"]

Hellboard

No brother you dont understand me, mafia gameplay is no freedom no sandbox the worst sandbox game i ever played.. you cant even call it sandbox its too linear, do you even know what sandbox means? My point is that i havent found such a super crappy combat in any game so basicly the gameplay sucked hard for me, therefore the game since it has zero freedom!

less with the rage. don't go all crazy just coz i explained my views on the game.
lizzardman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lizzardman666
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts
Mafia was way ahead for it's time both in therms of gameplay and graphics. And it was definitely way over any GTA game released back then. So, no doubt but Mafia 2 is the winner here.
CavalAnts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 CavalAnts
Member since 2008 • 398 Posts

I never liked Mafia, so of course GTA IV will win this one Let's see, what did Mafia have: Slow ugly cars (sure, it has to fit the era, but for a game about cars they sure picked the wrong era. To me that makes just as much sense as making the next Need for Speed game take plade in 1920) I got too bored of the first Mafia game, to even consider trying the next oneADG_

Imbecile. Mafia is not about cars, it's about that era and organized crime.

Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]GTA IV....Mafia was, and will always be, a clone of GTA.LTZH
They where working on Mafia before GTA 2 (Rockstar) was released, it is in no way a clone, but its own franchise.

But GTA 1 was released. Mafia is a clone of GTA, The Godfather video game is a clone of mafia and Sants Row is a clone of GTA san andreas

htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
GTA4 simply because the modern setting is alot better IMO.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Hellboard
well..i say it's mafia.GTA it's just a fun game.even 8 yr old boy can play :twisted:AMDAtiFanboy
yeah but can he win? i think not
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="mhofever"] woah that is an understatement. Your going too in-depth, your not really looking at it from a gamers perspective. The people who said Mafia in this topic is because they enjoyed the gameplay, not because "enemies dont take 5 shots from a pistol" plus honestly this poll is actually a poll between the first Mafia and GTA IV because no one here has even seen or played Mafia 2 in real-time.

mhofever

less with the rage. don't go all crazy just coz i explained my views on the game.

and i explained mine, i said brother ... that means zero offense!

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Hellboard
Mafia was way ahead for it's time both in therms of gameplay and graphics. And it was definitely way over any GTA game released back then. So, no doubt but Mafia 2 is the winner here.lizzardman666
how did that made any sense? no it was not ahead and no you cant say that just because mafia was so overatted , so mafia 2 will be as a matter of fact i predict mediocre!
Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts
and i explained mine, i said brother ... that means zero offense!Hellboard
Did that remind anyone else of Talladega Nights.... "but I said with all due respect!"
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"]and i explained mine, i said brother ... that means zero offense!Amigro
Did that remind anyone else of Talladega Nights.... "but I said with all due respect!"

that didnt made any sense but i dont offend anyone we all gotta stick together to fight off the evil invaders... the console fan boys...
Jekken6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Jekken6
Member since 2008 • 2642 Posts

[QUOTE="AMDAtiFanboy"]well..i say it's mafia.GTA it's just a fun game.even 8 yr old boy can play :twisted:Hellboard
yeah but can he win? i think not

To this day, i still need to complete vice city stories and san andreas

Avatar image for aoshi_shinumori
aoshi_shinumori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 aoshi_shinumori
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts
huh? mafia 2.. it's not even out yet. how can we compare?
Solidus171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Solidus171
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

The way the GTA franchise has matured from mindless crap (San Andreas) to more believable and highly compelling story (GTA 4) I will put my vote on GTA 4 over Mafia 2 in a heartbeat. I absolutely hated Mafia (I'm one of those rare few, cherish me!) because of its disgusting combat, slow and highly predicatable story - We must collect some beer from a multi-storey carpark. Oh no! The Pizzaria family has arrived to steal our lewt! - sorry but I got tired of the predicatable story early on I just lost all patience with the damn thing.

If you ask me to choose between the constantly improving franchise and the franchise that is staying stuck in the exact same world only with a graphics overhaul? I'll pick the innovator, the genre creater, the barrier pusher any day. GTA 4 was a risky game trying to reinvent the title and it worked spectacularly. Mafia 2 is going to be more of the same....which I hated.