Lost Planet 2 for the PC

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Are they releasing it soon? Also, if someone knows... what DRM does it uses and will it support GFWL as Lost Planet: Colonies Edition or Steamworks?

acare84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 acare84
Member since 2004 • 31 Posts

It will come to PC but there is no time given yet. We don't know it will use GFWL or Steamworks. I hope it will use Steamworks.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#3 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Not holding my breath: it got 6/10 on Eurogamer.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Sadly it will come after the console versions. Anyway atleast we will enjoy amazing graphics at low requirements thanks to capcom.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
Sadly it will come after the console versions. Anyway atleast we will enjoy amazing graphics at low requirements thanks to capcom.dakan45
this doesnt bother me, I dont tend to rush out and buy games on release date anyway.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Sadly it will come after the console versions. Anyway atleast we will enjoy amazing graphics at low requirements thanks to capcom.TerrorRizzing
this doesnt bother me, I dont tend to rush out and buy games on release date anyway.

Neither me, but am just saying....
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#7 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
Capcom said this fall. It has a high chance of using GFW L given their last two major releases, Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 also used it.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KillerJuan77

Man, I just hope the game's better optimized than Lost Planet 1.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

KillerJuan77
Don't know what u are on about... Lost Planet ran PERFECTLY on my PC....
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KillerJuan77

[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

FelipeInside

DX9 or DX10? DX10 was broken IMO and DX9 didn't help too much, my framerate got to the teens at least 5 times while playing the game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

KillerJuan77

DX9 or DX10? DX10 was broken IMO and DX9 didn't help too much, my framerate got to the teens at least 5 times while playing the game.

Weird.... I played it on Dx9 with the following specs: WinXP 32bit 4GB RAM 8800GTX It worked perfectly for me all the way through with great framerate. FR dropped a little bit in big populated scenes but always playable...
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KillerJuan77

I've noticed that with your specs some people can run it perfectly and some people can't, it's very weird.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
After the first I am not that interested, though some of the boss battles look cool. I could live without it though. Capcom is just not what they use to be imo.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
After the first I am not that interested, though some of the boss battles look cool. I could live without it though. Capcom is just not what they use to be imo.millerlight89
Lot of people say this... maybe I'm different, I absolutely loved the first one. Had great action, awesome graphics (even in Dx9), and a good paced (simple) story...
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
GFWL? No multiplayer for me, bah.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]After the first I am not that interested, though some of the boss battles look cool. I could live without it though. Capcom is just not what they use to be imo.FelipeInside
Lot of people say this... maybe I'm different, I absolutely loved the first one. Had great action, awesome graphics (even in Dx9), and a good paced (simple) story...

Well I was just not pulled into it, though I am sort of interested in the setting and all of the second.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TerrorRizzing

I've noticed that with your specs some people can run it perfectly and some people can't, it's very weird.

KillerJuan77
some people have higher standards than others.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45
[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

TerrorRizzing

So the fact that for some users the game had terrible memory leaks and framerate drops is "higher standards" Hmm i guess thats why i have problem with some games, i should pick weaker hardware to run games more stable. No seriously, I had to switch to very old drivers to run games like fallout 3 well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Sadly it will come after the console versions. Anyway atleast we will enjoy amazing graphics at low requirements thanks to capcom.dakan45

Neither me, but am just saying....

Bothers me, I am a impatient person. If it takes months for the pc version to come out chances are I have already beaten it on my ps3, dosent apply to this game because i dont want it anyways.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dakan45
Well i usually get games when they get cheap because i am bussy with the previous ones till even after the games i am waiting for are released.
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

KillerJuan77
yeah... Lost Planet 1 was the most optimized pc game I have ever played in my life.
DatWasEasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DatWasEasy
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts

I almost got a pre-order. It might have been a ad for it but they had the case at gamespot, some 12 year old beat me to it.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KillerJuan77

Well, I just finished Lost Planet 1, I think it was a very dissapointing game but Lost Planet 2 seems to be dissapointing too (7-5 review scores) so I'll think about buying it.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KillerJuan77

[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

robokill

yeah... Lost Planet 1 was the most optimized pc game I have ever played in my life.

What the hell? I think Lost Planet just hates my rig, and by the way, if you want an optimized game... play DMC4 or Dead Space.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dakan45
^lol, its amazing how we get great rigs to play games well and we always run into perfomance issues related to our hardware/software. I coulld max out both dmc4 and dead spac with my old 8600GT. Yet newer hardware seems to have problems. Let alone that the new nvidia drivers are full of fail and i downgraded to 182 to run games well :lol:
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

Console Versions got 5.5 @ GS

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
prepare to see this game shoot to pc real quick, when this doesn't sell well on the consoles.
LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

I found the original contrived, and eventually got bored of it. So, to my mind, it's no surprise that the sequel has turned out to be a horrid letdown. Although by the looks of it, capcom seem to have just opted for ham-fisted design to mess it up with more than anything else.

DatWasEasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 DatWasEasy
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts

Im still trying to download a demo for 1 and looking for 2. I like to try before I buy.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

prepare to see this game shoot to pc real quick, when this doesn't sell well on the consoles. Rahnyc4

Just because it failed on console dosent mean it will come sooner on pc but expect it to sell better on pc because of multiplayer.

Why gamespot gaeve it 5.5 is it realy so bad? Gameover.gr a greek gaming website gave it 7.5

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

dakan45

So the fact that for some users the game had terrible memory leaks and framerate drops is "higher standards" Hmm i guess thats why i have problem with some games, i should pick weaker hardware to run games more stable. No seriously, I had to switch to very old drivers to run games like fallout 3 well.

many users dont notice these framerate drops at all. and im sorry about fallout 3.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 STOCKMAN22

Now only Dead Rising 2 can save Capcom.... The good news about DR2 is that at least is coming at the same day for pc and console...

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]prepare to see this game shoot to pc real quick, when this doesn't sell well on the consoles. STOCKMAN22

Just because it failed on console dosent mean it will come sooner on pc but expect it to sell better on pc because of multiplayer.

Why gamespot gaeve it 5.5 is it realy so bad? Gameover.gr a greek gaming website gave it 7.5

i dont expect it to sell well on anything.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 STOCKMAN22

I havent play Lost Planet 2 but is it REALY so bad??? Sad thing is that Capcom will again blame poor sales to piracy and will not admit that the made a crappy game (if it is realy that crappy)!! As i said Dead Rising 2 is Capcom last hope, If it fails too (on PC and consoles) then what will they do??

venjhammet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 venjhammet
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

I don't care what other people say, when it's release soon I'm gonna get a copy and enjoy playing it

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"]prepare to see this game shoot to pc real quick, when this doesn't sell well on the consoles. STOCKMAN22

I guess they must be in need of the money. :P

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TerrorRizzing

it appears the ps3 version is pretty much unplayable, the 360 version seems to be of the usual lowish standards, so I guess Ill wait and see how the pc version turns out. Console versions are for the birds, the 360 vrsion looks like it drops to like 18 fps in places, the ps3 version looks like it just stops.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dakan45

it appears the ps3 version is pretty much unplayable, the 360 version seems to be of the usual lowish standards, so I guess Ill wait and see how the pc version turns out. Console versions are for the birds, the 360 vrsion looks like it drops to like 18 fps in places, the ps3 version looks like it just stops.

TerrorRizzing

:( Come on now!!!

If it was that bad it will be unplayable, not everyone has your super mega framerate standards. Seriously "the ps3 version looks like it stops" That is a huge exaggeration.

On the game, well i was dissapointed from what i heard on he video review, i was expecting a better singleplayer compaign with more story, turns out all have been scrapped for the shake of the coop. Also its filled with cheap random deaths that dont come from not being a skill player but from random cheapness, i hate that kinda stuff so i wont be buying it.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"]

dakan45

:( Come on now!!!

If it was that bad it will be unplayable, not everyone has your super mega framerate standards. Seriously "the ps3 version looks like it stops" That is a huge exaggeration.

On the game, well i was dissapointed from what i heard on he video review, i was expecting a better singleplayer compaign with more story, turns out all have been scrapped for the shake of the coop. Also its filled with cheap random deaths that dont come from not being a skill player but from random cheapness, i hate that kinda stuff so i wont be buying it.

well going by the ign review, it sounds like when enough is going on it feels like the game just stops for a split second or two at a time. The same sort of issue I had with gta iv, halo 3, oblivion and bayonetta on console. Its annoying, and you know it will never ever get fixed on a console.

Theres a good chance there will be some issues on the pc version as well, there might be some engine flaws that appear no matter the power of the device you play on. Although the first lost planet plays at around 120 fps for me, 80 fps when lots of explosions and enemies are on screen...

Ya, I do need a good framerate to enjoy a game. Im not alone here though, many people complaining of gta iv performance are getting around 40 fps but with dips around 25 fps at random times. Console players enjoyed the same game with framerates dropping as low as 15 fps a second. We pc gamers are a bit spoiled, so when something doesnt run at a high framerate we complain.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45
Fair enough, i wonder how the pc version will run, judging by re5 it should be ok, or they will make a rushed port. Its funny though that capcom profits are falling and latelly they release bad games.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

The version that used steamworks wasbad and multiplayer died quickly. it never even took off. Why would anyone want another Steam version is beyond me. I played the game before and to me it was terrible and not interested in a part 2.

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

Got the demo on PS3 its good fun but it looks like crap on console. Ontop of that it seems to be capped at 30fps and drops to around 20fps im getting this for PC for sure.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KillerJuan77

Got the demo on PS3 its good fun but it looks like crap on console. Ontop of that it seems to be capped at 30fps and drops to around 20fps im getting this for PC for sure.

mattuk69

The PS3 version suffers from horrible framerate issues, and trust me, it dips into the teens.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]

KillerJuan77

The PS3 version suffers from horrible framerate issues, and trust me, it dips into the teens.

it must drop even lower, console games often drop to as low as 18ish fps and nobody complains... this game is bad enough for people to complain.

Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

My experience with ATi cards playing Lost Planet is pretty bad, on Nvidia though, it's perfectly fine.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

I played the demo a while back on the PS3. If the game turns out anything like that on the PC version, stay the hell away from it.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TerrorRizzing

My experience with ATi cards playing Lost Planet is pretty bad, on Nvidia though, it's perfectly fine.

mouthforbathory
works awesome on my 4890, 100 fps avg.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KillerJuan77

[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]

TerrorRizzing

it must drop even lower, console games often drop to as low as 18ish fps a second and nobody complains... this game is bad enough for people to complain.

It's really, really awful, it's close to the PS3 port of F.E.A.R. (Looked worse than the 360 version and it runs at 20-10 FPS average) and Supreme Commander on the 360, that's how bad it is.

STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 STOCKMAN22

[QUOTE="mouthforbathory"]

TerrorRizzing

works awesome on my 4890, 100 fps avg.

It also worked awesome on amy athlon x2 4400 2,2 ghz +8800gt 512 mb more than 60 fps on max settings + 8x aa + 16 x+af 1280x1024. I have also played it on my 360 and ican say the pc version was the best as usual!!

shane_orija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shane_orija
Member since 2008 • 910 Posts
It was one of the games I was really, reall hyped about after E3 2009, guess I won't be getting it now after reading the reviews. Anyway, keeping in mind the multiplayer, would buying the original Lost Planet now be a good choice? Are people still playing it?