Lost Planet 2 for the PC

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
It was one of the games I was really, reall hyped about after E3 2009, guess I won't be getting it now after reading the reviews. Anyway, keeping in mind the multiplayer, would buying the original Lost Planet now be a good choice? Are people still playing it?shane_orija
there are much better games available.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts
I think console gamers are intimidating game devs. The amount of time ive heard console gamers say this game is s^%t the graphics suck.... so game devs feel the need to push there games to its graphical limits so the game will sell. But at the cost of sacrificing frames i think the only game that looks great has silky smooth fps even when alot of stuff is going on is.... Resistance 2.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

I think console gamers are intimidating game devs. The amount of time ive heard console gamers say this game is s^%t the graphics suck.... so game devs feel the need to push there games to its graphical limits so the game will sell. But at the cost of sacrificing frames i think the only game that looks great has silky smooth fps even when alot of stuff is going on is.... Resistance 2.mattuk69

We are lucky that it is coming to pc. At least pc version will not have problems like all Capcom pc games!

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]I think console gamers are intimidating game devs. The amount of time ive heard console gamers say this game is s^%t the graphics suck.... so game devs feel the need to push there games to its graphical limits so the game will sell. But at the cost of sacrificing frames i think the only game that looks great has silky smooth fps even when alot of stuff is going on is.... Resistance 2.STOCKMAN22

We are lucky that it is coming to pc. At least pc version will not have problems like all Capcom pc games!

we are lucky we are getting lost planet 2? I don't really think we are, its just another rushed game.
STOCKMAN22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 STOCKMAN22
Member since 2010 • 415 Posts

[QUOTE="STOCKMAN22"]

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]I think console gamers are intimidating game devs. The amount of time ive heard console gamers say this game is s^%t the graphics suck.... so game devs feel the need to push there games to its graphical limits so the game will sell. But at the cost of sacrificing frames i think the only game that looks great has silky smooth fps even when alot of stuff is going on is.... Resistance 2.TerrorRizzing

we are lucky we are getting lost planet 2? I don't really think we are, its just another rushed game.

Yes we are lucky because it is a Japan game and most Japan games are not pc. Also evryone knows that Japan games are the best.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="STOCKMAN22"]

STOCKMAN22

Yes we are lucky because it is a Japan game and most Japan games are not pc. Also evryone knows that Japan games are the best.

ok lol, i guess I missed the memo.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#57 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

I've read and listened to the reviews of this game on consoles, I've concluded that just about EVERYTHING the reviewers had problem with can be easily fixed in a patch for PC.

• Controls.. On Pc can easily have no problem
  • No checkpoints.... Easily can be implemented on PC
  • No way for friends to drop or add in mission...... Easily can be fixed on PC
  • AI spawn camps or knocks you down without letting you up....... Easily can be fixed.
  • Tedius button pressing or time lag when getting in vehicles.... Again can be easily fixed.

This again will be a game that will remind me to other PC games. Will probably get a low score on problems that get fixed after the first patch. Time will tell.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TerrorRizzing

I've read and listened to the reviews of this game on consoles, I've concluded that just about EVERYTHING the reviewers had problem with can be easily fixed in a patch for PC.

• Controls.. On Pc can easily have no problem
  • No checkpoints.... Easily can be implemented on PC
  • No way for friends to drop or add in mission...... Easily can be fixed on PC
  • AI spawn camps or knocks you down without letting you up....... Easily can be fixed.
  • Tedius button pressing or time lag when getting in vehicles.... Again can be easily fixed.

This again will be a game that will remind me to other PC games. Will probably get a low score on problems that get fixed after the first patch. Time will tell.

jedikevin2

I doubt it will get fixed, console games usually just get released and forgotten about. Its all about day one sales to the retailers, who cares about customers.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#59 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
I don't know about that. Need for speed shift got fixed, mass effect 2 was patched to fix crashes. Even Dragon age was patched to fixed problems. Many times games don't get recognized on Pc once the problems are fixed in patching. Only one I can even recall that was mentioned lately was GTA4 once it got better optimized through some patching. (Nope I was wrong. BC2 on ati systems got some mention after fps and load times improved after a patch). Nature of the time. You'll never hear the good on patching but will get bombarded with the bad on the game. Add to that, that the game has not been released on PC yet so I can see many things getting fixed.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TerrorRizzing

I don't know about that. Need for speed shift got fixed, mass effect 2 was patched to fix crashes. Even Dragon age was patched to fixed problems. Many times games don't get recognized on Pc once the problems are fixed in patching. Only one I can even recall that was mentioned lately was GTA4 once it got better optimized through some patching. (Nope I was wrong. BC2 on ati systems got some mention after fps and load times improved after a patch). Nature of the time. You'll never hear the good on patching but will get bombarded with the bad on the game. Add to that, that the game has not been released on PC yet so I can see many things getting fixed.jedikevin2
those patches were different, they sorted out performance issues which sometimes happen for certain configurations. You're talking about changing game mechanics, not going to happen. Im not even talking about devs forgetting about pc, im talking about devs/publishers not caring about the game after release period. They will fix some performance issues (if there are any), but thats it. Can you even imagine a console dev making something like witcher: enhanced edition for free?

ins123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ins123
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
http://www.livestream.com/iinstinctt watch me play livehttp://www.livestream.com/iinstinctt watch me play live
Fizz111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Fizz111
Member since 2006 • 795 Posts

http://www.livestream.com/iinstinctt watch me play livehttp://www.livestream.com/iinstinctt watch me play liveins123

LOL This guy bumped a 5 month old topic to advertise his crappy livestream channel.