Is PC Gaming really worth all the money?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
I don't think its worth it at all in the sense of the amount of money it costs to have a poorly optimized game run a little better then its console counterpart which is much cheaper. I do however have a very good rig I spent over a grand on....I kind of regret it...but I am very excited to play Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, perhaps The Old Republic and other PC exclusives. I hate not playing games maxed out which is why I upgraded but it was only because I had that excess money at the time...now I wish I saved it to put towards my Camaro. The games for PC aren't necessarily the problem, a bunch of great titles coming out, exclusives and multiplatform, the issue is poor optimization in a lot (but not all) cases and the cost of constant upgrading, it's ridiculous, at least that's how I feel. I need games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo to help me feel better about blowing like $1200.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I love having a custom computer. There's something special about knowing that YOU built it, YOU can interchange parts, YOU can pimp it out...I dunno, it's something that's lost on consoler's.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts
I don't think its worth it at all in the sense of the amount of money it costs to have a poorly optimized game run a little better then its console counterpart which is much cheaper. I do however have a very good rig I spent over a grand on....I kind of regret it...but I am very excited to play Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, perhaps The Old Republic and other PC exclusives. I hate not playing games maxed out which is why I upgraded but it was only because I had that excess money at the time...now I wish I saved it to put towards my Camaro. The games for PC aren't necessarily the problem, a bunch of great titles coming out, exclusives and multiplatform, the issue is poor optimization in a lot (but not all) cases and the cost of constant upgrading, it's ridiculous, at least that's how I feel. I need games like Starcraft 2 and Diablo to help me feel better about blowing like $1200. JordanKid
overall I think pc gaming is better. You can concentrate on negative aspects if you want, but they are really minor compared to the positives. When you realize how long your pc will last you, I think you'll feel better.
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#104 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
In the long run? Yes. Starting off you may get mad though.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
I love having a custom computer. There's something special about knowing that YOU built it, YOU can interchange parts, YOU can pimp it out...I dunno, it's something that's lost on consoler's. chrisrooR
Oh, that's a great point. No one's mentioned that before, but you're absolutely right. There's a sense of pride and accomplishment in building one's own system, that you just can't get from saving to buy a new console... *lovingly pets CoolerMaster case sitting on desk*
darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

What's great about a PC is that you can do so much more with it than a console that just play games. And if something breaks - you don't need to buy a whole new computer - just the part(s) needed to fix it.