Is PC Gaming really worth all the money?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

It it worth it? To do it right you need to spend a lot of cash. Yes you get some nicer graphics, but most of the games play exactly the same as their console counterparts, so the actual gaming experience is the same and cheaper on a console. Dirt 2, Grid, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, CODMW2, Battlefield BC2, etc, etc, are all the same game no matter where you play it. Is spending $1000 worth some higher resolution graphics? That's up to you. I have a decent PC and i do enjoy it, but i am realistic about it...it was too expensive just for the sake of making a few games look a little better.

Videodogg
False. Refer to my post on page 1.
Avatar image for fireforge_basic
fireforge_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 fireforge_basic
Member since 2002 • 106 Posts
[QUOTE="fireforge_basic"]This may sound crazy, but learning to use a computer is actully a skill. Not many applications I have applied for asking do you have console gaming skills. Plenty have do you have computer skills.ChiliDragon
And how many of those plenty ask if your skills are in computer gaming, or in actually working on/with a computer?

Yes, but the knowledge to get all games to work often teaches you more then you learn in basic college level computer class's.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="Remmib"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

It it worth it? To do it right you need to spend a lot of cash. Yes you get some nicer graphics, but most of the games play exactly the same as their console counterparts, so the actual gaming experience is the same and cheaper on a console. Dirt 2, Grid, Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, CODMW2, Battlefield BC2, etc, etc, are all the same game no matter where you play it. Is spending $1000 worth some higher resolution graphics? That's up to you. I have a decent PC and i do enjoy it, but i am realistic about it...it was too expensive just for the sake of making a few games look a little better.

I read it, i did not agree with it.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Remmib
I only spent $200 on my PC and it runs most games pretty smooth. I stay because there might be some awesome exclusives coming in a few years.thoraxe42
Not possible if you're referring to any new games (within the past 3 years). Unless you had some friend who didn't want his computer any more so you gave him $200 for it.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Remmib
[QUOTE="Videodogg"][QUOTE="Remmib"][QUOTE="Videodogg"]

I read it, i did not agree with it.

Lol, how could you not agree with it? It's based on fact.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="fireforge_basic"]This may sound crazy, but learning to use a computer is actully a skill. Not many applications I have applied for asking do you have console gaming skills. Plenty have do you have computer skills.fireforge_basic
And how many of those plenty ask if your skills are in computer gaming, or in actually working on/with a computer?

Yes, but the knowledge to get all games to work often teaches you more then you learn in basic college level computer class's.

Not going to argue that point. :) I will however maintain that it's hard to learn Powerpoint, Excel, SAP, Lotus, and all the other ones, from playing Dragon Age. ;)
thoraxe42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 thoraxe42
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

The $200 went for a 9600GT, my PC already had 3GB of RAM and a 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ at 3.00 GHz

Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Remmib

The $200 went for a 9600GT, my PC already had 3GB of RAM and a 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ at 3.00 GHz

thoraxe42
I knew there was no way for you to have bought a rig for $200 total. Makes sense now.
thoraxe42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 thoraxe42
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

yea, sorry for not being clear about that. :P

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

I got my PC the beginning of 08, and honestly I've been playing more old games than new ones. The only thing I tend to really like PC for is prexisting franchises like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and all those big titles you can't miss. As well as the good competitive games like League of Legends.

Oddly enough I've gone back to Nintendo and haven't regretted it, in fact it's refreshing.I guess I'm just a sucker for nostalgia and following those old series of games that are always in production.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"]From the above post the only valid point was that they break down to easily and laggy online. Sadly i own a ps3 and its doing pretty well so far. I cant comment about the x360 that gets red rings all the time though. Also i only play singleplayer on ps3, i have yet to find a game with mp that is worth playing. The "low framerates" you are reffering are fine for most gamers, they are not that low. As for the expensive factor? Why because they are 10 bucks more? Big deal ubisoft and activision have already fixed that :P As for biased reviewers and games being unoriginal and too easy...thats a common problem in gaming, it does not fit only in console gaming. But as you see i choose not to complain about common facts.TerrorRizzing

its all valid, atleast as valid as the complaints in this thread. And yes, even the ps3 seems to break down after the warranty is up... Ive gone through a dead ps1, ps2, ps3 and an xbox 360 that scratched disks. Demon's Souls, the supposed game of the year has major performance issues in places despite the not so great graphics, narrow hall ways, and barely there ai. God of War 3 has some framerate drops, nothing major but it goes in the 20s at times it also becomes unresponsive and/or freezes for some. Assassins Creed 2 has major screen tearing and a poor framerate on ps3. Uncharted 2 has been known to freeze for many users, this on a closed platform. Oblivion runs like complete turd on xbox, it even has major cache issues that can cause the framerate to be in the single digits. Left 4 Dead runs poorly on console, dips in the 20s. Dragon Age origins runs and looks horrible on ps3 and xbox. I could go on all day, the only console games that run right all the time seem to be made by nintendo. God the ps3 cant even scale most games, if you have a 1080i crt hdtv you're playing at 480p lol, c'mon now guys open your eyes.

For some the grass is always greener on the other side.

The i guess consoles hate you and pc hates me, because i cant understand how the hell did your ps1 died, its impossible :shock:
dmb34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#62 dmb34
Member since 2004 • 1102 Posts

For me, PC gaming was always about it's incredible backlog/library of games. I've been PC gaming since 2004 and still haven't played through every game I wanted to finish. Mods are great and Mouse and Keyboard controls never get old. I spent only $700 on my PC last year and it runs EVERY game quite well.

a_sh0pping_cart
same here, i have around 100 games installed and only have completed 40% of them....I rarely uninstall games because i will usually come back to them at a later time... MODS FTW
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

So jun, do you fly for real? cause it seems its one of your passions?

Bros89

Nope. I was an aviation weatherman. Right now, I'm a forecaster in the civilian sector. But, I still maintain ties with people in the aviation field. It was them who got me hooked to flight sims in the first place.

But, I did spend enough time in different rotary and fixed-wing aircraft doing survey and orientation flights. It wasn't too hard to get into the manifest.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

A question i find myself asking alot latly. But it's true! Most if not all PC games tend to be poorly optimized these days. Making having the hardware to run them pointless because they won't run well anyway to begin with. Resident Evil 5 has been the only good looking PC game ive played in years that runs Flawlessly maxed out. Ive never seen the framerate dip below 55fps.

And you have company's doing crappy ports which is killing alot of games. Yes you have games like Command & Conquer that are ment to be played on the PC but it seems developers are spending less time on making good PC games.

Anyone agree?

thingta42
Resident Evil 5 is released by Capcom - a company made Devil May Cry 4 and Lost Planet which all three games uses the same graphic engine which isn't that good in graphic complex - you can see that by looking at the main menu and the benchmark test ingame -_-, anyhow speaking of C&C - company has downed the series down - that's has nothing to do with PC gaming
sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

Not really, i was playing fine for 2 years on a mid range card, if anything consoles stop graphics from improving.

There is always the odd game with terrible optimization but i find they are either bad anyway or predominately single player so you can live with it on console.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
It annoys me that one assumes they must have the most optimised system so that they can play all the latest games. You can buy a $500 laptop and play some of the greatest games of all time without breaking whatever budget.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#67 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Windows PCs have a veritable Library of Congress for software: not only games galore, but innumerable utility programs.

The PC market literally exploded when Windows 95 was released, as it contained the first iteration of Direct-X for gaming.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ChiliDragon
It annoys me that one assumes they must have the most optimised system so that they can play all the latest games. You can buy a $500 laptop and play some of the greatest games of all time without breaking whatever budget.kdawg88
It stopped annoy me the moment I realized that anyone who can't enjoy a game unless they have everything fully maxed out on graphics has much bigger problems than weak hardware... :P
thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#69 thingta42
Member since 2005 • 6127 Posts

I got my PC the beginning of 08, and honestly I've been playing more old games than new ones. The only thing I tend to really like PC for is prexisting franchises like Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 and all those big titles you can't miss. As well as the good competitive games like League of Legends.

Oddly enough I've gone back to Nintendo and haven't regretted it, in fact it's refreshing.I guess I'm just a sucker for nostalgia and following those old series of games that are always in production.

Jordo321

Hahah yeah same here. I play mostly games from 2004-2007. Last few games i bought for pc where, Resident Evil 5, Splint Cell Conviction, Aliens vs Predator, Red Faction, Dragon Age and finalyBattlefield BFC2.

All of that have some kind of performance or Techicalissue. With the exception of RE5 which runs perfectly. Which sucks, you spend loads of money on decent hardware only to have games run sluggish or crashing on you every time you play them It's much easier & saferto spend 200£ on a 360 and get a decent 600£ Plasma TV. Im defently gonna focus on getting a PS3 and Building my 360 collection next year.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 thingta42

Sorry for double post but you also have companys like Ubisoft pulling crap like DRM and forcing you to be online to play games even on Singleplayer! things like that are sucking the fun from PC Gaming.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Sorry for double post but you also have companys like Ubisoft pulling crap like DRM and forcing you to be online to play games even on Singleplayer! things like that are sucking the fun from PC Gaming.

thingta42
You don't have companies like Ubisoft, you have only Ubisoft that does that and unlike EA with C&C 4 they weren't/aren't doing an experiment, they will continue to use it and it already doesn't last more than days.... Also I noticed you only like console games or games that are also on consoles (Dragon Age, it's a lot better on PC but it's also on consoles) so, if you don't like PC games and all the other genres that are let's say "PC exclusive" and if you might not care if FPSs play better on m/k, what are you still doing on PC if you don't see it as a good investment?
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Remmib

Hahah yeah same here. I play mostly games from 2004-2007. Last few games i bought for pc where, Resident Evil 5, Splint Cell Conviction, Aliens vs Predator, Red Faction, Dragon Age and finalyBattlefield BFC2.

All of that have some kind of performance or Techicalissue. With the exception of RE5 which runs perfectly. Which sucks, you spend loads of money on decent hardware only to have games run sluggish or crashing on you every time you play them It's much easier & saferto spend 200£ on a 360 and get a decent 600£ Plasma TV. Im defently gonna focus on getting a PS3 and Building my 360 collection next year.

thingta42

God damnit this place's forum code is pissing me the hell off, it keeps cutting off part of my post. For the love of Christ switch to VBulletin.

What? This logic doesn't even make sense. You need a computer for daily use anyway (at least $400) that does everything: TV, Movies, Internet, Games, Music, Email, Documents, etc. But you're willing to spend $300-400 on a console, which you then have to pay out the butt for controllers ($40) and games($60)? How does that even make sense? If you took that extra $400 and dropped it into your PC budget ($800) you could get a decent rig (you already have monitor, kb/m), plus if you're playing games earlier than 2007 then you don't even have to worry about framerate hangups. Plus, computer games are significantly cheaper than console games. In the past year and a half I've spent $14 max on a game, and that was The Witcher, which is an epic game.

PC gaming is the best bar none, but if you want to pay out the butt for a subpar experience (console) be my guest.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 thingta42

PC games to me are only worth it if you can max them out.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DanielDust
I'm curious, what's this awesome expensive PC that you're talking about. You say PC gaming is expensive and you can't max out the games you mentioned with this expensive platform, but we still don't know about your PC which could give us an idea about your type of PC gaming, you know how to get the most out of what you get at a good price or you just spend a lot of money on garbage that's advertised as being awesome.
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Remmib

thingta42
While I love the feeling of maxing games out, your statement was quite stupid.
Cdscottie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 Cdscottie
Member since 2004 • 1872 Posts

thingta42
Gameplay > Graphics There is a reason why I can still load up any of the Homeworld games, Mount&Blade, X3 and a ton of older games (Just purchased Interstate 76') and enjoy them immensely. Add in the fact that I have to play at lower settings in certain games to get the performance I feel is required but does it stunt the game? Not really. If a game has either A) A great story or B) Great gameplay mechanics then it is vastly superior to a game that just totes graphics. This is the reason why I enjoy the PC. It contains many genres that I cannot find on the console or niche markets that will satisfy my interests.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

thingta42

PC gaming doesn't deserve you obviously.

have a happy life with your consoles.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

thingta42

:| And to think that console fans are audacious enough to suggest that WE'RE obsessed with visuals...

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

It's not quite so dichotomous, but there are generally two kinds of pc gamers.

1.Either bought a dell/generic pc or built one and on paper it should run great because you spent a lot of money but games don't run very well and everything is slow.

2.Built a pc with advanced knowledge and optimized it to run games better than any console out there, games run silky smooth and there is no comparable experience on a console. The key word being optimized, you could buy a 4000$ alienware and it could run worse than my $1500 3 year old pc because of how well I have optimized its performance.

If you fall in group 1 you will inevitably be curious about why there is such a big deal about pc gaming, if you are in group 2 you can never go back to consoles, they just are not as fun as a completely optimized pc, they can't be because they are inferior in every way. I have spent 200$ upgrading my 3 year old pc and it maxes nearly everything with 4xAA except for gothic 3 (because of developer's being idiots) and crysis. Just the other day I was playing Red Faction Geurilla with 100% max everything and during the most intense screen cluttered computer hogging moments there was not even the slightest hint of slowdown, this is not possible on a console. Computer temperature, background services/applications and HDD partition management make a much larger difference than you may think, I say this because anyone asking if a pc is worth the money is uneducated in exactly how powerful modern pc's really are. I could probably build you a pc for about 700$ (guessing high) that will outperform anything on the ps3 with ease (plus you get a fully functional work/media processor). So the answer to the OP's question is: if you know what you are doing yes, pc's are worth the money. But the first part always precedes the second. It always puts a smile on my face when I hit load game in mount and blade warband and the game loads instantly, sometimes I wonder how this kind of performance is even possible. You need to optimize each part of the computer to:

-decrease load times (HDD/ram/page file management)

-graphical detail (cpu/gpu management)

-sustained performance in game(cpu/gpu/ram/hdd/OS management)

it takes a lot of work to get the first and third, but once you get it, damn it is sweet.

thingta42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 thingta42

[QUOTE="thingta42"]

teardropmina

No it's true though. Why spend all that money for a game what you can't max out? :)

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

[QUOTE="teardropmina"]

[QUOTE="thingta42"]

thingta42

No it's true though. Why spend all that money for a game what you can't max out? :)

your problem is that you haven't spent nearly enough money to max out top-of-the-line games.

but this should be a no issue here since you should just live happily after with your consoles and spare this pathetic fourm.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#87 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

All what money? Still curious why you think its "all that money". I present you with this Thingta42:

• Answering Threads about Pc Gamers
  • What is your determination of "maxxing out"?
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

Well I find it worth it in the sense that you might aswell have a custom gaming PC. If parts die in a typical (Dell, Compaq, HP) computer then you gotta go get a new computer. At least with a custom you'll save some money being able to replace individual parts and possibly buy something better.

Mystic-G
You forgot to mention warranties....my 5970 died...next day a new one arrived.( Dell ) If you custom build and something dies..you have to send it back...have them check it and send a new one back...can take weeks. No thanks... I'll pay a little more and not have to worry about stuff like that..but to each his/her own.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ChiliDragon
If you custom build and something dies..you have to send it back...have them check it and send a new one back...can take weeks.OgreB
No, if you customer build and something dies, then you upgrade.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 DanielDust

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

Well I find it worth it in the sense that you might aswell have a custom gaming PC. If parts die in a typical (Dell, Compaq, HP) computer then you gotta go get a new computer. At least with a custom you'll save some money being able to replace individual parts and possibly buy something better.

OgreB

You forgot to mention warranties....my 5970 died...next day a new one arrived.( Dell ) If you custom build and something dies..you have to send it back...have them check it and send a new one back...can take weeks. No thanks... I'll pay a little more and not have to worry about stuff like that..but to each his/her own.

Seriously what are you talking about?...if your custom build or a complete "factory" build has something that died and you're incapable of fixing it....you send any of them to be checked, seriously think it through next time, because first of all you also get warranty for a custom built PC if you let a certified person assemble it and it becomes a custom build with better performance, better price and warranty.

You pay a little more and you get nothing, only a false sentiment of stability.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#91 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11793 Posts

PC gaming only costs a bit more than console gaming in the short-term and has a far larger and more variable library of games, so I would say that it is the platform which is the most worth its price.

Barbariser

Yeah the hardware costs more, but if you are patient, and know how to shop, then you will pay only a fraction of the price for the games, as you would for the console.

gashoe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#92 gashoe13
Member since 2007 • 511 Posts

Some of the PC games are poorly optimized, by some were great. Modern Warfare 1 for instance was optimized well, as were Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, and Burnout Paradise. Dead Space, also.

Some were downright awful, like GTA4.

Halo was just alright, but the graphics were bumped up, which I was happy for.

darshandk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 darshandk
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

A question i find myself asking alot latly. But it's true! Most if not all PC games tend to be poorly optimized these days. Making having the hardware to run them pointless because they won't run well anyway to begin with. Resident Evil 5 has been the only good looking PC game ive played in years that runs Flawlessly maxed out. Ive never seen the framerate dip below 55fps.

And you have company's doing crappy ports which is killing alot of games. Yes you have games like Command & Conquer that are ment to be played on the PC but it seems developers are spending less time on making good PC games.

Anyone agree?

thingta42
Absolutely agree buddy... they are not optimizing games at all.. its just bad cartel of these ppl (game developers and hardware guys) so tht we constantly have to upgrade our pc... I just wonder why consoles run games for years with the same graphics chip?????
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DanielDust
Because consoles run games at max 720p, games are designed specifically for that hardware, they don't get an extreme resolution boost, a lot of AA, AF and higher textures like the PC does and they don't receive new games that push the hardware to its limits like most of the PC exclusives, but frankly I have no idea what you're talking about, I've been using an 8800GT for 3 years now and I can still max out games (sure not all of them) with some AA, 16xAF (very few with no AA), at 1680x1050 and they all look better than the console version, because consoles are the reason why we don't need to upgrade every year, they're holding back the evolution and this is bad for advancements but good for out pockets. There's only the "bad port" factor, nowadays you can use a decent graphics card for years, just as much as a console generation would last, if you have no expectation to max out exclusive PC games and to have the latest technologies like DX 11 for example.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="thingta42"]

Anyone agree?

darshandk
Absolutely agree buddy... they are not optimizing games at all.. its just bad cartel of these ppl (game developers and hardware guys) so tht we constantly have to upgrade our pc... I just wonder why consoles run games for years with the same graphics chip?????

I have to agree, while games look a bit better on pc, that does not justify the continiously increasing requirements, they just want us to upgrade and upgrade because they dont bother at all with optimazation....and dont you dare say that "graphics are getting better, so you need better rigs" because last tme i checke people have been saying that pc hardware are superior from console hardware since 2007, yet requirements keep on rising for a litte better graphics than the console versions. Also what i am saying is valid because resident evil 5 and batman aa dont require the same amount of gpu power as all the others, yet they look better and are some of the best looking games on the consoles. So that pretty much proves that devs simply dont wanna bother optimizing but they can do it, they just dont wanna bother to do it.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Because consoles run games at max 720p, games are designed specifically for that hardware, they don't get an extreme resolution boost, a lot of AA, AF and higher textures like the PC does and they don't receive new games that push the hardware to its limits like most of the PC exclusives, but frankly I have no idea what you're talking about, I've been using an 8800GT for 3 years now and I can still max out games (sure not all of them) with some AA, 16xAF (very few with no AA), at 1680x1050 and they all look better than the console version, because consoles are the reason why we don't need to upgrade every year, they're holding back the evolution and this is bad for advancements but good for out pockets. There's only the "bad port" factor, nowadays you can use a decent graphics card for years, just as much as a console generation would last, if you have no expectation to max out exclusive PC games and to have the latest technologies like DX 11 for example.DanielDust

Definitely. I've been using an 8800GTX since Crysis came out, and it has run everything since, including GTA IV at higher settings and a higher FPS than the console versions.

venjhammet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 venjhammet
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

Well for me not that really, it's frustrating because every new upcoming game makes your PC less recommendable because of higher requirements which would end you up upgrading almost indefinitely. Unlike consoles, there's no need though in terms of graphics pretty much considerable and less comparable to PC

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

yep:D:) I recently purchased some new pc gaming headset and a cpu cooler :P I might buy a PS3 soon but I rather invest in my pc

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Because consoles run games at max 720p, games are designed specifically for that hardware, they don't get an extreme resolution boost, a lot of AA, AF and higher textures like the PC does and they don't receive new games that push the hardware to its limits like most of the PC exclusives, but frankly I have no idea what you're talking about, I've been using an 8800GT for 3 years now and I can still max out games (sure not all of them) with some AA, 16xAF (very few with no AA), at 1680x1050 and they all look better than the console version, because consoles are the reason why we don't need to upgrade every year, they're holding back the evolution and this is bad for advancements but good for out pockets. There's only the "bad port" factor, nowadays you can use a decent graphics card for years, just as much as a console generation would last, if you have no expectation to max out exclusive PC games and to have the latest technologies like DX 11 for example.Tresca_

Definitely. I've been using an 8800GTX since Crysis came out, and it has run everything since, including GTA IV at higher settings and a higher FPS than the console versions.

wow a truthful post, you can tell who the real actual pc gamers are lol.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

yep:D:) I recently purchased some new pc gaming headset and a cpu cooler :P I might buy a PS3 soon but I rather invest in my pc

devious742
dont bother, unless you want blu-ray. As a blu-ray player you cant go wrong.