Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

@kozzy1234 said:

I like em both, gog.com for older games (minus witcher 3) and steam for most newer ones. I must admit, I do like this early version of GOG.com Galaxy client. Needs more work but so far its going in a nice direction.

I agree. I am liking Galaxy so far, too. I like Steam but I honestly don't use 90% of the "features" it has. I use my library, the store, and occasionally read some of the game specific forums. That's it. I've always wished Steam offered a "lite" version (not that it takes up much memory, space, or whatever) for people who don't want to be bothered with all the clutter and constant updates for features they'll never, ever, use.

I am truly hoping they keep Galaxy lean and to the point.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#52 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

@jedikevin2: Great idea!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

@jedikevin2: hmm interesting. i will look into it. thanks for the suggestion.

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I think the last PC game I purchased as Deus Ex: HR, if I remember correctly even though I had the disk it just had me download the game from steam. Are there publishers that require steam in order to play the game?

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@bulby_g said:

never used Gog and I like keeping all my games together if possible so doubt I ever will.

I'm not sure what this means?

1) you could have run all your GoG games through a client like Steam

2) GoG Galaxy, which is coming out now, does exactly this - it's a client for installing and launching and updating games all through one interface (just like Steam)

Yeah but it doesn't have all the Steam functionality just adding them to Steam and I don't want to use GoG galaxy because I want as many of my games as possible in the same place. As most of my games are on steam now that will be Steam for the foreseeable future. I just like that I can start Steam and have my whole collection there with cloud saves so I can carry on my game on my desktop or laptop. I do have a few games on Uplay and Origin but I hate that this is forced on me! How many clients to people really want on their PC?

mikey1611

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mikey1611
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts

When a game is available on both platforms, I prefer getting them on GOG, especially with their new client GOG Galaxy. Although, GOG's selection isn't as abundant as Steam's, especially in terms of the latest games apart from some indie games and their very own published games: The Witcher series and, most likely, their upcoming Cyberpunk 2077. However, I'm a patient gamer, so I don't really buy that many day one games (maybe just one or two a year). I usually go for GOG because of their DRM stance. I use a laptop, although I haven't used it much, I'd like to play a game without having to set up "Offline mode".

So it goes: GOG first, Steam next and all EA games on Origin.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#57 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm not a big fan of the direction Valve is moving in these days so I am trying to avoid buying games through the steam store when possible. I still use Steam a lot for talking to friends and all that but unless a game is a steamworks game I'll probably get it elsewhere.

I haven't used GoG much but I did get The Witcher 3 on there since it came bundled with my GTX 970. Green Man Gaming is good since they always have those discount coupons.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

While I have no problem with Steam's DRM and own a ton of games on Steam, I prefer Gog's service a lot more. From a customer service perspective Steam is nowhere near as friendly as GoG. If a game is available on both Steam and GoG, I buy GoG without hesitation. GoG however is seriously lacking in online features (friends/achievements etc) I hope galaxy can solve this.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Steam, GOG, and GMG are where most my games come from. I have a few from very good deals I found on Amazon and Gamergate, but they generally give Steam keys, so they end up on my Steam account anyways.

I like how GOG makes sure the games work properly, Steam just puts them up there and if they don't work, you have to find the workaround, but the forums on there usually have the fix posted within hours of a game releasing thanks to the awesome community steam has built over the years.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#61 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

@pltr:

Can you explai how its toxic? I don't see how getting the games DRM free and without hassle is a problem. Is the new galaxy platform they making causing a downturn to the site?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#62  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

In regards to G2A... I am really liking those prices on new releases, but I want to make sure I am still supporting the developer. Where do these keys originate from? They have to come from the developer originally as they register as valid. So, what companies get the keys cheapest from the developer? How do they end up at G2A for so cheap? I am really curious about the process and what is happening behind the scenes. I don't want any speculation. I want replies from people with a real insight into what is going on.

quakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64 quakke
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts

Höyry

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

@-wildflower- said:

If a game is available on both then I will always go for the DRM free, GoG, version. Maybe I'm a relic but I kind of like the idea of owning the things I buy.

This pretty much sums up how I feel