Elder Scrolls IV:Shivering Isles or Elder Scrolls IV:OBLIVION ?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
wich Elder Scrolls IV best?
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts
Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.
Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mithrandir0x
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
Indeed...
Kiwi_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kiwi_1
Member since 2003 • 2963 Posts

Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.Johnny_Rock

Yup. What he said.

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dracunos
Member since 2004 • 1154 Posts
Ignore these people and buy shivering Isles! It's way funner.
MAXimumGTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MAXimumGTR
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.Kiwi_1

Yup. What he said.

Right.By the Way,the shivering isles storyline is not too good,not like oblivion.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
[QUOTE="Kiwi_1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.MAXimumGTR

Yup. What he said.

Right.By the Way,the shivering isles storyline is not too good,not like oblivion.

The storyline for both games are horrible.

Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Agent_13
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
Oblivion's storyline was actually pretty decent compared to most fantasy RPG's storylines.
bunnyben2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bunnyben2
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts
i do not know how to answer this question
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 onemic

Oblivion's storyline was actually pretty decent compared to most fantasy RPG's storylines.Agent_13

What fantasy RPG's have you been playing recently? The storyline was pretty much non-existent and was devoid of any real connection to the characters of the game. In fact, the whole game is like that.

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dracunos

[QUOTE="Agent_13"]Oblivion's storyline was actually pretty decent compared to most fantasy RPG's storylines.onemic

What fantasy RPG's have you been playing recently? The storyline was pretty much non-existent and was devoid of any real connection to the characters of the game. In fact, the whole game is like that.

The open-ness is appreciated by me, but there was little story.. Think space sim, in a FPS/RPG style gameplay. I would have loved a more indepth story.. I would have liked the game waaay more if each quest itself was extremely indepth with story, like good old RPGs, and the main quest should be full of emotional things, and deep decisions, and tons of heart-wracking moments! But all while keeping the open-ness, somehow. Oh well, I still like the game, and am still playing it, even though I got it at release :p

SacrificiaLamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 SacrificiaLamb
Member since 2006 • 123 Posts

[QUOTE="Agent_13"]Oblivion's storyline was actually pretty decent compared to most fantasy RPG's storylines.onemic

Don't forget about the cookie-cutter characters and their handful of repetitive, poorly-voiced lines.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
This is silly thread...
Snubnose38spl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snubnose38spl
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts
just buy shivering isles thats all you need dont get oblivion it sux.
ElvisNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ElvisNixon
Member since 2003 • 551 Posts
This debate can be resolved with reference to one question.. Does shivering Isles have Picard?
Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Dracunos

This debate can be resolved with reference to one question.. Does shivering Isles have Picard?ElvisNixon

Captain Jean Luc does reside in the shivering isles, yes.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

[QUOTE="ElvisNixon"]This debate can be resolved with reference to one question.. Does shivering Isles have Picard?Dracunos

Captain Jean Luc does reside in the shivering isles, yes.

And so does Riker.... ;)

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts
Get Morrowind.
Mithrandir0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mithrandir0x
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
Sheogorath is funny :3
rpg9000owner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 rpg9000owner
Member since 2006 • 1859 Posts
Get Morrowind.Rusteater
Indeed, get Daggerfall whilst you're at it too.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 Cerza
Member since 2005 • 1946 Posts

Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.Johnny_Rock

My thoughts exactly.

YaiKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 YaiKai
Member since 2004 • 55 Posts
[QUOTE="MAXimumGTR"][QUOTE="Kiwi_1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.onemic

Yup. What he said.

dude in almost every topic i read i find you, BLOWING down oblivion into the ground ONCE MORE

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="MAXimumGTR"][QUOTE="Kiwi_1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.YaiKai

Yup. What he said.

dude in almost every topic i read i find you, BLOWING down oblivion into the ground ONCE MORE

And in almost every topic I find you saying something that sounds wholefully ignorant.

Oblvion deserves to be blown to the ground. Man that game is 100% devoid of life.

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dracunos
[QUOTE="YaiKai"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="MAXimumGTR"][QUOTE="Kiwi_1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.onemic

Yup. What he said.

And in almost every topic I find you saying something that sounds wholefully ignorant.

Oblvion deserves to be blown to the ground. Man that game is 100% devoid of life.

Yeah, you ignorant fool! You don't even know that when you play Oblivion and enjoy it, you're actually not enjoying it because it's a bad game! Very, very ignorant.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="YaiKai"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="MAXimumGTR"][QUOTE="Kiwi_1"]

[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.Dracunos

Yup. What he said.

Yeah, you ignorant fool! You don't even know that when you play Oblivion and enjoy it, you're actually not enjoying it because it's a bad game! Very, very ignorant.

When I said that I was talking about something is said in another thread not this one. I really don't care that he likes oblivion

dracunos, you really gotta stop these damn sarcastic remarks. Especially when you don't even know what's going on.

KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts
[QUOTE="Johnny_Rock"]Shivering Isles is an expansion to Oblivion. You NEED Oblivion to play Shivering Isles. So the question makes no sense.Doom_HellKnight

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dracunos
[QUOTE="Dracunos"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="YaiKai"][QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="MAXimumGTR"][QUOTE="Kiwi_1"]

Yup. What he said.

When I said that I was talking about something is said in another thread not this one. I really don't care that he likes oblivion

dracunos, you really gotta stop these damn sarcastic remarks. Especially when you don't even know what's going on.

I should stop those damn sarcastic remarks. Especially during those moments in which I don't even know what's going on.

What I do know, however, is that comments like that are pretty annoying. It's obvious by almost all of your negative comments on these forums I've seen, you like to aggrivate.

That comment aggrivates me just a bit, and I even agree with you that the storylines in Elder Scrolls 3 is like.. Pretty much bland, blank, and pointless, just to write a timeline for you to have some sort of remote reason for pursuing the main storyline. But I'm not going to say "The storyline in both of those games are 'horrible'". Since for one thing they couldn't be horrible since they weren't really existent :p I would say... Exactly what I just said about them. And I'd say it as though I was stating a personal opinion, not just.. Talking to 'knock those oblivion lovers down a peg' type of post.

Triptronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Triptronic
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
Both didnt play them long tho right after i beat oblivion i stoped playing then got shivering isles and unstalled it
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 onemic

Fair enough. But a virtually non-existent story is the same as a horrible story, so why try and sugar coat it?

"I should stop those damn sarcastic remarks. Especially during those moments in which I don't even know what's going on."

It seems like you too like to aggravate.

Also most of my comments on these forums aren't negative. Recently the only negative comments I've posted have been about this game, bethesda, and those who want fallout 3 to be oblivion with guns.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

[QUOTE="Rusteater"]Get Morrowind.rpg9000owner
Indeed, get Daggerfall whilst you're at it too.

Yep, Morrowwind is the best, get it....

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dracunos

Fair enough. But a virtually non-existent story is the same as a horrible story, so why try and sugar coat it?

"I should stop those damn sarcastic remarks. Especially during those moments in which I don't even know what's going on."

It seems like you too like to aggravate.

Also most of my comments on these forums aren't negative. Recently the only negative comments I've posted have been about this game, bethesda, and those who want fallout 3 to be oblivion with guns.

onemic

*uses Fallout's weapon and RPG abilities to action-style first personly attack Onemic* Bwahahaha

A horrible story would be more like... GTA San Andreas.. Where it's a fun story and all, and it's story-based.. But it's rediculous, sometimes dumb while still managing to be cheesy, and pretty obviously just adding things 13 year olds would think is so cool so they'll play it and talk about it at school without sounding like nerds. Oblivion's story isn't really.. 'bad'.. It's just.. skeletony.

Ottozero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 Ottozero
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
Did you mean , which is better the Main game which can easliy give you from 40 to 70 hours of game play (depending on your skill of course) or and the expansion pack that gives you a side story and about 30 hours of play..
Ottozero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Ottozero
Member since 2006 • 280 Posts
Sorry for the double post....I played ES3 for only about 20mins...I played ES4 for about 40 hours...so for me its Oblivion
Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Agent_13

Lets take quild wars as a recent fantasy RPG I've been playing, it was less than two months since I last played it and I cannot remember anything at all about the storyline. At least Oblivion's story was memorable, I'm not saying it was good or bad, I think it was average.

tagmxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tagmxr
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

and how did i know they were going to make something extra for oblivion with its short story line compared to morrowind?

blah, maybe im going crazy.

Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts
[QUOTE="onemic"]

[QUOTE="Agent_13"]Oblivion's storyline was actually pretty decent compared to most fantasy RPG's storylines.Agent_13

Lets take quild wars as a recent fantasy RPG I've been playing, it was less than two months since I last played it and I cannot remember anything at all about the storyline. At least Oblivion's story was memorable, I'm not saying it was good or bad, I think it was average.

*slaps forehead*

Can you think of a better example? Guild Wars is mostly a PvP game.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
obviously oblivion as you can't play shivering iles without it
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"]

[QUOTE="Agent_13"]Oblivion's storyline was actually pretty decent compared to most fantasy RPG's storylines.Agent_13

Guild war is an MMO. Almost no MMO in existence has a noteworthy story.

It's like playing battlefield 2 and expecting to find a good story in it. It just won't happen.

YaiKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 YaiKai

onemic

so what u r saying is that u have an amazingly big problem with appreciating other's opinions if they are different from your own?

dude go get drunk, listen to metal and smoke a cig while ur at it... do that for bout 6 hours and then come back talking, im sure it will be much easier for u to understand other's opinions

or are u 1 of those types that sits at its comp 24/7 with curtains closed afraid the sun might EAT you? oh and alcohol is satan in ur eyes aswell i presume... pathetic fool, i feel sorry for you

Agent_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Agent_13
[QUOTE="Agent_13"][QUOTE="onemic"]

Guild war is an MMO. Almost no MMO in existence has a noteworthy story.

It's like playing battlefield 2 and expecting to find a good story in it. It just won't happen.

Ok, Ok, calm down, that was a bad example, but in my opinion more than50% ofgames have crap storylines and I don't think oblivion did too badly.

gugyzajbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gugyzajbl
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I am a fan of elder scrolls series. i have played Morrowind for monts. so i couldnt wait for a sequal. and in spring 2005 it finali came. ES4:O is an amazing game. it has it al. stile interesting plot, nice visuals, ql gameplay. its one of the best games i have ever played. Shivering isles is an addon for Oblivion, so the question of which it better O or SI realy isnt a very inteligent one. i havent played SI gut im shure that is a well made and well tested addon. may best advice and your best bet is ti try them both.

its better to love and lost, then to never love at all

---> http://gugyzajbl.imvault.hop.clickbank.net/

YaiKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 YaiKai

lets.all.calm.down.now.and.have.some.shots.of.butterbeer..

um..wait!isnt.harry.of.age.by.now?

A-round-of-bonghits-on-the-house!!

that'l-take-off-the-tension...

help!my-eyebrow-is-on-fire!!!

just-kidding....GOT-YOU!:P

mottadude

lets.all.calm.down.now.and.have.some.shots.of.butterbeer..

um..wait!isnt.harry.of.age.by.now?

A-round-of-bonghits-on-the-house!!

that'l-take-off-the-tension...

help!my-eyebrow-is-on-fire!!!

just-kidding....GOT-YOU!:P

mottadude

let me have my fun will ya :P

EDIT: how on earth did I **** this message up so badly 0.o

Avatar image for playstation_wii
playstation_wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 playstation_wii
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts
If you actually read further in his post, he askes which one is better. Not which one to buy.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"]

YaiKai

so what u r saying is that u have an amazingly big problem with appreciating other's opinions if they are different from your own?

dude go get drunk, listen to metal and smoke a cig while ur at it... do that for bout 6 hours and then come back talking, im sure it will be much easier for u to understand other's opinions

or are u 1 of those types that sits at its comp 24/7 with curtains closed afraid the sun might EAT you? oh and alcohol is satan in ur eyes aswell i presume... pathetic fool, i feel sorry for you

No. I just hate it when people such as you make up stuff that is 100% untrue or when they pretty much don't know what they're talking about. Lets take you for instance:

"Turn-based is for console, not for PC... just like FPS is for PC and not for console, mouse controls ftw"

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Your a pathetic fool for even saying something as misiunformed as that. And since when was it not alright to make negative comments about something?

Orthrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Orthrand
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts

Aslo Oblivions perevents the player from telling their own story as all sense of achievement is robbed from them by autoscaling loot. So pretty much everyone will have the same story of getting glass armor ie i hit level 30 and it just appeared.

Oblivion should be driven into the ground to prevent games like it from coming out in the future.

YaiKai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 YaiKai
[QUOTE="YaiKai"][QUOTE="onemic"]

onemic

No. I just hate it when people such as you make up stuff that is 100% untrue or when they pretty much don't know what they're talking about. Lets take you for instance:

"Turn-based is for console, not for PC... just like FPS is for PC and not for console, mouse controls ftw"

Your a pathetic fool for even saying something as misiunformed as that. And since when was it not alright to make negative comments about something?

I give up im not wasting my time on u anymore. Atleast I have a life BESIDES gaming, gaming is a way to kill dead moments but it's not the essential thing in life you know! Friends are, combined with beer, those 2 together rule even more. Gaming cant even get close to that, thought I might tell you that cause obviously the way you talk u really never get out... I mean freaking out like that just cause some1 says its opinion, damm dude... get a life, srsly...

end of discussion, go ahead and think u won, i cudnt care less, i have other things to worry about then some no-life game-junkie...

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="YaiKai"][QUOTE="onemic"]

YaiKai

I give up im not wasting my time on u anymore. Atleast I have a life BESIDES gaming, gaming is a way to kill dead moments but it's not the essential thing in life you know! Friends are, combined with beer, those 2 together rule even more. Gaming cant even get close to that, thought I might tell you that cause obviously the way you talk u really never get out... I mean freaking out like that just cause some1 says its opinion, damm dude... get a life, srsly...

end of discussion, go ahead and think u won, i cudnt care less, i have other things to worry about then some no-life game-junkie...

So because you made a rather stupid post a thread back you say I have no life? Great comeback man, great comeback:lol:

It's just funny how people on forums move into insults when they know that they're wrong. People like you just make me laugh. I can already predict what you're gonna say if you reply to this. It'll probably have nothing within it that actually refutes any of the points I made and all you'll talk about is how I don't have a life and you do. You people are so predictable :lol: