Elder Scrolls IV:Shivering Isles or Elder Scrolls IV:OBLIVION ?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 Dracunos
Member since 2004 • 1154 Posts

No. I just hate it when people such as you make up stuff that is 100% untrue or when they pretty much don't know what they're talking about. Lets take you for instance:

"Turn-based is for console, not for PC... just like FPS is for PC and not for console, mouse controls ftw"

Do you know how stupid that sounds?

Your a pathetic fool for even saying something as misiunformed as that. And since when was it not alright to make negative comments about something?

onemic

It's these comments that I'm talking about.. You can go ahead and give your _opinion_.. That's right.. OPINION.. Understand that term? You can go ahead and say how rediculous that statement was.. And it may have been.. But saying it like that is just stupid.. You use the terms 'ignorant', and 'misinformed'... Those terms sound like you really believe that you are more informed than this person, and therefore, you 'know' as a fact that what he says is untrue, rather than the simple fact that he has an opinion as to what genres of games are more suitable for what platform, and you disagree with that opinion with your own opinion..

I don't like it, so stop. Or I'll throw a tantrum, and you'll regret it.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
[QUOTE="onemic"]

No. I just hate it when people such as you make up stuff that is 100% untrue or when they pretty much don't know what they're talking about. Lets take you for instance:

"Turn-based is for console, not for PC... just like FPS is for PC and not for console, mouse controls ftw"

Your a pathetic fool for even saying something as misiunformed as that. And since when was it not alright to make negative comments about something?

Dracunos

It's these comments that I'm talking about.. You can go ahead and give your _opinion_.. That's right.. OPINION.. Understand that term? You can go ahead and say how rediculous that statement was.. And it may have been.. But saying it like that is just stupid.. You use the terms 'ignorant', and 'misinformed'... Those terms sound like you really believe that you are more informed than this person, and therefore, you 'know' as a fact that what he says is untrue, rather than the simple fact that he has an opinion as to what genres of games are more suitable for what platform, and you disagree with that opinion with your own opinion..

Go ahead and throw a tantrum lol.

what he says isn't an opinion. He flat out stated that RPG's weren't meant for PC, which is just untrue. RPG's were created for the PC first before ever going to consoles, so what he said makes no sense and is just untrue. If he said that he dislikes RPG's for the PC, then THAT's an opinion.

Seriously man, you just like to sugar coat everything. I don't know if it's that you're insecure or you really hate hrting someones feelings.(Although I don't know how calling someone misinformed is hurting someones feelings lol) If what he said was wrong then it's wrong. I'm not going to all of a sudden support him or say something that I don't believe is true just to make him feel better. Get off yourself.

David Jaffe pretty much somes your type up right here.

jongaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 jongaska
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

just buy shivering isles thats all you need dont get oblivion it sux.Snubnose38spl

This guy said it best,lol

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 onemic

[QUOTE="Snubnose38spl"]just buy shivering isles thats all you need dont get oblivion it sux.jongaska

but that's not even possible.....

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Dracunos
[QUOTE="Dracunos"][QUOTE="onemic"]

onemic

Go ahead and throw a tantrum lol.

what he says isn't an opinion. He flat out stated that RPG's weren't meant for PC, which is just untrue. RPG's were created for the PC first before ever going to consoles, so what he said makes no sense and is just untrue. If he said that he dislikes RPG's for the PC, then THAT's an opinion.

Seriously man, you just like to sugar coat everything. I don't know if it's that you're insecure or you really hate hrting someones feelings.(Although I don't know how calling someone misinformed is hurting someones feelings lol) If what he said was wrong then it's wrong. I'm not going to all of a sudden support him or say something that I don't believe is true just to make him feel better. Get off yourself.

David Jaffe pretty much somes your type up right here.

It's all semantics.. I really doubt he was saying anything factual, as in.. The first RPG ever created was made for the super nintendo.. He was probably saying something more like.. RPGs are for consoles and blah is for blah.. Which is still as much as an opinion as people today saying FPSes are for PCs due to the nature of the platform and especially the controls involved.. But it's all opinion, and I would assume you know that.. You probably have that in mind as you typed that to fabricate some sort of argument so you can keep speaking your 'personal facts'

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 onemic

No it's still not an opinion. He said RPG's aren't made for PC's, when they entire genre was born on the PC. It makes no sense, and therefore I don't consider it an opinion. Like I said before if he said that he prefers RPG's on consoles compared to PC, then that's an opinion.

It's like saying "windows isn't meant for the PC, it's meant for macs" If I said that I bet you wouldn't consider it an opinion would you? I think everyone and their mother knows that windows was born on the PC and continues to thrive there. The same holds true for RPG's and the PC.

Like I said before stop trying to sugarcoat everything. He's wrong and he should live with it. Don't try and make excuses like "he probably wasn't saying anything factual" Please....

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Dracunos

No it's still not an opinion. He said RPG's aren't made for PC's, when they entire genre was born on the PC. It makes no sense, and therefore I don't consider it an opinion. Like I said before if he said that he prefers RPG's on consoles compared to PC, then that's an opinion.

It's like saying "windows isn't meant for the PC, it's meant for macs" If I said that I bet you wouldn't consider it an opinion would you? I think everyone and their mother knows that windows was born on the PC and continues to thrive there. The same holds true for RPG's and the PC.

Like I said before stop trying to sugarcoat everything. He's wrong and he should live with it. Don't try and make excuses like "he probably wasn't saying anything factual" Please....

onemic

That's an amazingly and vastly different example than what we are speaking about.. I would be really, really surprised if anyone reading your post is taking you seriously anymore.. And he didn't say 'made for', he said 'TBSs are for consoles', which is EXTREMELY different statement semantically, and you can't add a tiny little word in there just because it's a small word.. The word 'no', despite how small it is, can change statements to their complete opposites.

Saying 'TBS games are for Consoles' is not anything even remotely close to saying.. 'Windows is made for Macs'... Wow...

Saying 'TBS games are for Consoles' is, however, much like someone saying 'FPSes are for PCs'. Hell, you could even say 'FPSes are for consoles' and it's still an opinion.. The windows statement isn't much of an opinion since you can ask the guy who made windows and ask him if he made it for macs or not.. It's his opinion whether a certain genre is more well suited on whichever platform. That's a simple fact.. So, so simple.. I'm surprised you actually went in this direction in your argument, since.. Yeah.. If I was on your side of the argument, I definitely would have went in a different direction, but it's too late, now!

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 onemic
[QUOTE="onemic"]

Dracunos

That's an amazingly and vastly different example than what we are speaking about.. I would be really, really surprised if anyone reading your post is taking you seriously anymore.. And he didn't say 'made for', he said 'TBSs are for consoles', which is EXTREMELY different statement semantically, and you can't add a tiny little word in there just because it's a small word.. The word 'no', despite how small it is, can change statements to their complete opposites.

Saying 'TBS games are for Consoles' is not anything even remotely close to saying.. 'Windows is made for Macs'... Wow...

Saying 'TBS games are for Consoles' is, however, much like someone saying 'FPSes are for PCs'. Hell, you could even say 'FPSes are for consoles' and it's still an opinion.. The windows statement isn't much of an opinion since you can ask the guy who made windows and ask him if he made it for macs or not.. It's his opinion whether a certain genre is more well suited on whichever platform. That's a simple fact.. So, so simple.. I'm surprised you actually went in this direction in your argument, since.. Yeah.. If I was on your side of the argument, I definitely would have went in a different direction, but it's too late, now!

You know what I'll do it your way.

It's his opinion, but it's a pretty ignorant one at that, which is pretty much what I was saying in the beginning of this whole argument.

And please tell me how my windows comparsion is vastly different? Macs can run windows if wanted.

Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Dracunos
[QUOTE="Dracunos"][QUOTE="onemic"]

onemic

You know what I'll do it your way.

It's his opinion, but it's a pretty ignorant one at that, which is pretty much what I was saying in the beginning of this whole argument.

And please tell me how my windows comparsion is vastly different? Macs can run windows if wanted.

Well, let me put it this way.. This universe is full of uncertaincies. Realistically, you could say as an opinion that a tree ten feet in front of you doesn't exist, and on a certain level of logic you can consider that opinion, because the fact that a human's five senses are fallible. But there's a certain point where it's considered 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. It is beyond a reasonable doubt to say that 'windows is made for macs', especially considering you can ask the guy who made windows.. Like I said.. Those other statements are different, since saying 'turn based strategy games are for consoles' is not really all that close to that gray area where we consider things fact and no longer opinion. The reason the doubt is reasonable probably has something to do with the fact that there have actually been a few decent turn based strategy games on the consoles, and you could see, if you've played them, how someone could have that kind of opinion. Different people have varying levels of what 'reasonable' is, of course, but like I said I don't think either of the statements above are all that close to the gray area.

This wasn't about the nature of fact and opinion, this was me throwing a tantrum about you using certain words that just so happen to personally bug me because of the way that they sound to me like you figure your opinions as fact, or did.

What's worse, is the fact that this thread in it's entirety is about something that doesn't make much since, since I'm going to assume that he made it to try and decide which game to get :p And he's probably wishing we'd stop talking here and bumping it back up for everyone to read, but I suppose he could have just been asking which part of the game is more enjoyable..

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 onemic

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really have to admit that this argument is quite stupid and I don't know how its gone on for this long.

Oh and I never said that "windows were made for macs" I said "windows were meant for macs"

1carus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 1carus
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts
Morrowind! Oh, wait...
Dracunos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Dracunos

That's exactly what I was thinking. I really have to admit that this argument is quite stupid and I don't know how its gone on for this long.

Oh and I never said that "windows were made for macs" I said "windows were meant for macs"

onemic

Well, I respect your opinion, Onemic, but I don't agree with you that 'windows were meant for macs'.

I'm sorry, I'll have to disagree.. You all heard it here!! Everyone heard it happened! Onemic says windows was made for macs!! You heard it here first! Someone put it in their sig.

windows were meant for macsonemic

/\ There it is.. Proof. He said it.

Erlkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Erlkoenig
Member since 2006 • 715 Posts

windows was made for macs!! You heard it here first! Someone put it in their sig.Dracunos

This would be a better sig.

jongaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 jongaska
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="jongaska"]

[QUOTE="Snubnose38spl"]just buy shivering isles thats all you need dont get oblivion it sux.onemic

but that's not even possible.....

I know...and you know.