Are you hyped about S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Call of Pripyat.?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
not really with the way clear sky turned out.
ManicAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#52 ManicAce
Member since 2009 • 3267 Posts

I am yes, not overly hyped but excited to see how it turns out. About bugs, Í think the devs said that they were experimenting too much with CS, and the QA team screwed them(and us) over as in didn't do their job, now they should have a new team testing it as well as more emphasis on the gameplay rather than graphics.

nikola96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 nikola96
Member since 2008 • 836 Posts

Meh.. its going to be buggy as hell anyway

sb87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 sb87
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts

I can confrim that the game has already been played through by a Russian guy, he didn't experience a lot of bugs, in fact, there weren't any gamebreaking bugs at all. That being said, lack of bugs can be explained by the fact that he didn't do a lot of sidequests. Anyway, point being is that it's already possible to beat the game, pretty impressive, huh? I'm sure there are going to be a patch or two by the time CoP is released in the western world.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I loved the first one...clear sky not so much. It really didn't feel like a new game and so much was recycled from the first. Is this going to be more like a true sequel? dnuggs40
Thats what happen to me too :(
sb87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 sb87
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
Clear Sky was never meant to be a true sequel, it was a stand alone expansion pack, so is Call of Pripyat. A true sequel is going to be STALKER 2, which has been in development for some time as far as I know....
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dakan45
Clear Sky was never meant to be a true sequel, it was a stand alone expansion pack, so is Call of Pripyat. A true sequel is going to be STALKER 2, which has been in development for some time as far as I know....sb87
Then why it looks EXACTLY like clear sky in the leaked videos of youtube?
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Clear Sky was never meant to be a true sequel, it was a stand alone expansion pack, so is Call of Pripyat. A true sequel is going to be STALKER 2, which has been in development for some time as far as I know....sb87

Supposedly using the Cryengine 3 as well...

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="sb87"]Clear Sky was never meant to be a true sequel, it was a stand alone expansion pack, so is Call of Pripyat. A true sequel is going to be STALKER 2, which has been in development for some time as far as I know....psn8214

Supposedly using the Cryengine 3 as well...

I thought Clear Sky was supposed to be a prequel, not a sequel.

Gamartto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Gamartto
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
I haven't even played the first one and I got it almost a year ago.
chinto20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 chinto20
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

Yeah I love stalker games, but I really hope they "test it" before release... either way I love stalker games + mods rock

DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"]

[QUOTE="blade55555"]

"since day one" not "sense day one"

LOL because i dont love all those games does that means i hate em? I liked far cry 2 for one, which most of you didnt, i also liked cod4 which most of you didnt, i also liked fallout 3,i actually liked doom 3 which most of you didnt, just diffirent tastes than you, thats all.dos4gw82

You claim you don't "hate" these games, but your first reaction is to spout negative, nit-picking observations about the game, and you rarely specify exactly what you like about the game in question. Worse weapon sounds? Turrets that don't explode? Please. It's obvious that you're stretching to find anything negative about the game, no matter how abstract and insignificant. You are either an extremely bad troll, or you don't know how to give your opinion without sounding like one. Here, I've fixed your original post:

I didn't exactly hate either game (*insert what you didn't hate about the games or even what you liked about the games here.*) but I found that Clear Sky was just too similar to Shadow of Chernobyl. It was a lot more buggy as well, and there were some things that I believe were done worse instead of being improved upon, such as (*Insert actually substantial and meaningful examples here.*) Crysis Warhead was too much like the original as well, though (*insert what you liked or didn't hate about the game here if anything*). I probably won't be purchasing Bioshock 2 if it is buggy or too much like Bioshock 1. dakan45
See? This way, you get the point across without sounding like you're only spouting negativity to get on peoples' nerves. It gives the impression that you've weighed the positives and the negatives, which makes your argument look more legitimate, as you are giving your opinions from informed observations. People can respond to this argument with their own opinions, you can give your own back in response, and everyone can have a nice, rational discussion. I assume that's what you're interested in; otherwise, why visit a gaming forum at all?

What is wrong with some of you people...this guy answered the question about whether or not he was excited about this new release by giving his opinion. Which was, he was not, and was very skeptical about problems like he had encountered before......All he got was attacked my a bunch of you calling him a troll who must not like any games at all so why even come here. And now you even have the nerve to explain to him how to go about making a rational discussion so as to not piss anybody off ?......well let me clue you in, he doesn't need any of your permission to post an opinion as long as he remains within the TOS of this forum.

Everyone here has a perfect right to agree or disagree with another person's opinion, but to flat out tell him he is wrong because you felt he did not express himself in a manor that was to your liking is way out of line....but this kind of thing goes on in here far to often....it's like sharks with blood in the water, waiting for someone to make a miscue and everyone piles on...it's pathetic.....:(

Getting back on topic...I personally hated STALKER (and I do agree with some of the opinions he posted why he disliked this game), and I really don't need to go into minute details why I didn't like it for your benefit or anyone else's because that's not what this thread is about, so there for I'm not at all stoked about this new installment either.

*+

Luminouslight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Luminouslight
Member since 2007 • 6397 Posts

I have only played the first one, but I recently just ordered the second one :D .

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 dakan45
I was merely trying to say that, the first was being developed for ages and the second one was much worse than the first it terms of quality, so considering all those gameplay videos at youtube, i can easilly say that i am not excited about call of pripiyat because it looks exactly like clear sky, even in terms of development quality.
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

SoC was buggy, CS was buggy, how can this one not be buggy at release? I will get it but only after it patches 5-6 times and people can call it stable.

chapman86
and even with all the bugs, I still loved the heck out of those games. I remember wanting to through my rig out the window back when the first came out and I kept getting CTD's, still didn't stop me from booting it up everyday for weeks/months. Thankfully, we had that user mod that came out shortly after release that fixed almost all the crash issues/performance issues I was having. I think it was called Fmod or something? I forget.
neyney23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 neyney23
Member since 2009 • 67 Posts

Whocares its STALKER, one of the worst gaming franchises in my opinion.:roll:

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

neyney23
And what would be one of the best? COD perhaps? :lol:
Erandel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 Erandel
Member since 2004 • 1164 Posts
Lets hope they manage to release it in a playable condition, and not a buggy condition or one that is prone to drop to the desktop every few minutes or when you press quicksave. And lets hope they fix the dark and mystical powers of the quicksave / quickload keys :P
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I'm not hyping a STALKER game again, I learned that mistake with Clear Sky (matter of fact, I'm still upset on how disappointing it was). And it wasn't even the bugs that made me upset, I only encountered one CTD while playing. But the gameplay, was borderline horrendous, and a huuuuuuuuuuuge waste of great potential. I like SoC at least, it was great. But now GSC is going to have to pull a hail marry if they plan on convincing anyone that their game won't be as much of a mess as their previous.
GPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 GPAddict
Member since 2005 • 5964 Posts

Nope, not really. Stalker isn't a bad game though.

Only games I hyped for is Guild Wars 2 and maybe Diablo III.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dakan45
[QUOTE="neyney23"]

jimmyjammer69

According to the sales.....yes, best franchise ever, but stalker is not one of the worst franchises, its one of the most lowbudget franchises, unpolished, buggy and dated.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 jimmyjammer69
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"][QUOTE="neyney23"]

dakan45

According to the sales.....yes, best franchise ever, but stalker is not one of the worst franchises, its one of the most lowbudget franchises, unpolished, buggy and dated.

I suppose there's no accounting for taste :P. Some people are going to be repeatedly impressed and surprised by the antiquated looped scripts that have defined the COD franchise since it started back in 2003 as a rip off of the 1999 Medal of Honour. Just interesting that you choose to describe STALKER as dated.
Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
i have the first one, played 10 minutes of it then stopped :P I REALLY need to finish it!
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 jimmyjammer69
i have the first one, played 10 minutes of it then stopped :P I REALLY need to finish it!Dr_Brocoli
You do! That's exactly what I did first time around too :P The game doesn't hand everything to you on a plate and needs a little commitment to get past the first half hour or so, but things rapidly heat up, and you'll find yourself deeply engaged with the game world and the excellent gun battles in no time.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dakan45
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"][QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"] And what would be one of the best? COD perhaps? :lol:

I suppose there's no accounting for taste :P. Some people are going to be repeatedly impressed and surprised by the antiquated looped scripts that have defined the COD franchise since it started back in 2003 as a rip off of the 1999 Medal of Honour. Just interesting that you choose to describe STALKER as dated.

Shadow of chernobyl looked good for its time, but everything in clear sky looks dated, no? Then take a look at call of pripiyat leaked gameplay videos, it looks exactly like clear sky, i mean exactly. Thats why i call it dated, to me stalker clear sky looks pretty dated and has inferior production values from shado of chernobyl, more bugs, worse sounds, wose hud even a worse publisher, why i dont get why?
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

No. I think the STALKER games are overrated or atleast over praised.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 dakan45
[QUOTE="Dr_Brocoli"]i have the first one, played 10 minutes of it then stopped :P I REALLY need to finish it!jimmyjammer69
You do! That's exactly what I did first time around too :P The game doesn't hand everything to you on a plate and needs a little commitment to get past the first half hour or so, but things rapidly heat up, and you'll find yourself deeply engaged with the game world and the excellent gun battles in no time.

I wouldnt call the gun battles excelent, perhaps on soc after you get assault rilfes but in clear sky they were terrible, homing grenades and weapons that sound and perfom like bb guns, and your character bleeds all the time, even if you fall from a long distance.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dakan45

No. I think the STALKER games are overrated or atleast over praised.

hoola
Overrated, not really but it is really over praised by the pc fanbase, to me its a good game for its ideas but its quality is terrible with lots of bugs and infinite lack of polish.
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Clear Sky looks dated? I beg to differ. It's a great looking game, especially in DX10.
-D3ATH-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 -D3ATH-
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts
I like the performance about Stalker games, even older computers can run it at nice graphic details with no problems. But gameplay wise, I didn't find it very fun as it was pretty unrealistic. For example, I killed dozens of enemy, made sure the area is clear in pretty big radius, then some moments later bullets start coming to me from nearby grass.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 dakan45
Clear Sky looks dated? I beg to differ. It's a great looking game, especially in DX10.Bane_v2
Ok, but there sooooo many games with better graphics than stalker.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
I don't know about that...in all it's full glory Clear Sky looks phenomenal...one of the best looking games out.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 dakan45
? but crysis, arma 2, gta iv, mirrors edge, far cry 2 ,they all look better, what the hell? dx10 changes so many things :shock:
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dnuggs40
Clear Sky looks better than ARMA 2...the scale of ARMA 2 is impressive though. Anyways, you mentioned a handful of games, which STALKER actually standing up with most of them. There is no denying STALKER is one of the most graphically impressive games out there...especially considering it's almost unparalleled lighting engine.
dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

Clear Sky looks better than ARMA 2...the scale of ARMA 2 is impressive though. Anyways, you mentioned a handful of games, which STALKER actually standing up with most of them. There is no denying STALKER is one of the most graphically impressive games out there...especially considering it's almost unparalleled lighting engine.dnuggs40

Agreed. Clear Sky, in my opinion, was the only game that was substantially improved by DirectX 10, and put the technology to good use.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 dakan45
I dissagry arma 2 looks much better in shaders and texture quality, even character model quality i dare to say, less polygons, Sorry for not having dx10 and not being able to see the lighting but judging from a video i checked, cs use of dx10 is another crysis dx10 vista lie. The light effects looked the same with crysis to me. Seriously, stalker models and textures or shaders look close a bit worse than cryostasis, i think mirrors edge looks next gen but stalker looks last gen. I dont get whats so great, it looks more or less a slightly improved shadow of chernobyl, i played both games on xp and i dont think that dx10 lighting and rain effects can make such a big diffirence.
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I have no idea what it is, so no.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dakan45

To me it does look like this....

But it doesnt look like this, this screen looks fake to me, can you post this from a screenshot from your pc?

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 dnuggs40
"I dont get whats so great, it looks more or less a slightly improved shadow of chernobyl, i played both games on xp and i dont think that dx10 lighting and rain effects can make such a big diffirence." Hard to say since you never actually seen them, eh? And the DX10 effects are awesome. At any rate...the fact there's 3...maybe 4 games out there that look somewhat better should tell you something.
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Watching videos on the net is nowhere near the same as running it at your native resolution at maxed settings in DX10. Believe what you wish, but I think you're nuts.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dakan45
Hmm, does dx10 makes such a big diffirence?
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I dissagry arma 2 looks much better in shaders and texture quality, even character model quality i dare to say, less polygons, Sorry for not having dx10 and not being able to see the lighting but judging from a video i checked, cs use of dx10 is another crysis dx10 vista lie. The light effects looked the same with crysis to me. Seriously, stalker models and textures or shaders look close a bit worse than cryostasis, i think mirrors edge looks next gen but stalker looks last gen. I dont get whats so great, it looks more or less a slightly improved shadow of chernobyl, i played both games on xp and i dont think that dx10 lighting and rain effects can make such a big diffirence.dakan45
Mirrors edge is not a fps, and when it tries to be one it sucks. All that game is, is excessive bloom. And they use that excessive bloom inside buildings. You can't compare the two, and ARMA 2 does look better, but it's newer. Also STALKER is very very fun.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]I dissagry arma 2 looks much better in shaders and texture quality, even character model quality i dare to say, less polygons, Sorry for not having dx10 and not being able to see the lighting but judging from a video i checked, cs use of dx10 is another crysis dx10 vista lie. The light effects looked the same with crysis to me. Seriously, stalker models and textures or shaders look close a bit worse than cryostasis, i think mirrors edge looks next gen but stalker looks last gen. I dont get whats so great, it looks more or less a slightly improved shadow of chernobyl, i played both games on xp and i dont think that dx10 lighting and rain effects can make such a big diffirence.JigglyWiggly_

Mirrors edge is not a fps, and when it tries to be one it sucks. All that game is, is excessive bloom. And they use that excessive bloom inside buildings. You can't compare the two, and ARMA 2 does look better, but it's newer. Also STALKER is very very fun.

check the new one then, it looks excactly like clear sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcZwNZYMyZs

S0H0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 S0H0
Member since 2009 • 298 Posts
I dont get whats so great, it looks more or less a slightly improved shadow of chernobyl, i played both games on xp and i dont think that dx10 lighting and rain effects can make such a big diffirence.dakan45
So you're actually opining on something you have never personally experienced? :lol: I bet it's not the first time either.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

ArmA 2 is sometimes photorealistic, and sometimes looks like the original OFP. It's the same engine anyway.

Clear Sky looks better, and so does CoP. The NPC models are about the same, but Stalker has better animations.