Are you hyped about S.T.A.L.K.E.R : Call of Pripyat.?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Volatility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

User Lists: 0

#1 Volatility
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Actually i cant wait for it, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series are one of my favorite video game series.

and call of pripyat is going to be the best in the series

lol that was rhymed...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Maybe if it had something cool like coop. Otherwise I probably won't get it.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

I think you're using the word 'hyped' out of context...

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
Hell yeah I'm gonna get it, day one too.
chapman86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 chapman86
Member since 2004 • 583 Posts

SoC was buggy, CS was buggy, how can this one not be buggy at release? I will get it but only after it patches 5-6 times and people can call it stable.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

I haven't even played the other ones, so I can't say I am.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KHAndAnime

pvtdonut54
Shame on you. :P
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
I dunno yet. I enjoyed the others, but....i dunno.
pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts
[QUOTE="pvtdonut54"]

KHAndAnime
Shame on you. :P

Make the bullying go away! :cry:
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Yes, very :D
OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts

I probably won't be picking it up on release, but soon there after. :D

Quite enjoying L.U.R.K. mod right now, so CoP can wait.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well i played both games an i got to say cs felt very similar to soc, also it was much more buggy and somethings were worse in a weird way, eg the weapon sounds are worse, what the hell? If you gonna change something then you better try to make better now worse, if thats the case then dont change it, also why it was so buggy since its more or less the same game? CS felt like deja vu, too much like the first and i didnt enjoy it for that reason, same thing happen to me with crysis warhead and thats the reason i wont be buying bioshock 2 So, when the game comes out and its not a buggy mess or a recyclement of the previous (same levels) then i might buy it.
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts

Hyped it is being made, but not hyped about getting on release like CS. Couldn't even finish it cause of game ending bugs, but almost have now with like 10 patches? Needed a new vid card too to get decent fps. CS performance is laughable when you look at 5870 benchmarks, even Crysis is less demanding.

Will get it when I've seen the game is decently patched, and you don't need a 5870x2 to play with 30fps at 1920x1080.

Rob-Belmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rob-Belmont
Member since 2009 • 1350 Posts

Very much so

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well i played both games an i got to say cs felt very similar to soc, also it was much more buggy and somethings were worse in a weird way, eg the weapon sounds are worse, what the hell? If you gonna change something then you better try to make better now worse, if thats the case then dont change it, also why it was so buggy since its more or less the same game? CS felt like deja vu, too much like the first and i didnt enjoy it for that reason, same thing happen to me with crysis warhead and thats the reason i wont be buying bioshock 2 So, when the game comes out and its not a buggy mess or a recyclement of the previous (same levels) then i might buy it.

Do you enjoy any games at all?
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#18 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
[QUOTE="dos4gw82"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Well i played both games an i got to say cs felt very similar to soc, also it was much more buggy and somethings were worse in a weird way, eg the weapon sounds are worse, what the hell? If you gonna change something then you better try to make better now worse, if thats the case then dont change it, also why it was so buggy since its more or less the same game? CS felt like deja vu, too much like the first and i didnt enjoy it for that reason, same thing happen to me with crysis warhead and thats the reason i wont be buying bioshock 2 So, when the game comes out and its not a buggy mess or a recyclement of the previous (same levels) then i might buy it.

Lol. That's exactly what I was thinking. Doesn't like Crysis, STALKER, BioShock, or Half Life 2....damn, you got nothing else to play man!
blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
[QUOTE="dos4gw82"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Well i played both games an i got to say cs felt very similar to soc, also it was much more buggy and somethings were worse in a weird way, eg the weapon sounds are worse, what the hell? If you gonna change something then you better try to make better now worse, if thats the case then dont change it, also why it was so buggy since its more or less the same game? CS felt like deja vu, too much like the first and i didnt enjoy it for that reason, same thing happen to me with crysis warhead and thats the reason i wont be buying bioshock 2 So, when the game comes out and its not a buggy mess or a recyclement of the previous (same levels) then i might buy it.

he's just a troll. I have known it sense day one.
I-WoKeN-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 I-WoKeN-I
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts
[QUOTE="blade55555"][QUOTE="dos4gw82"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Well i played both games an i got to say cs felt very similar to soc, also it was much more buggy and somethings were worse in a weird way, eg the weapon sounds are worse, what the hell? If you gonna change something then you better try to make better now worse, if thats the case then dont change it, also why it was so buggy since its more or less the same game? CS felt like deja vu, too much like the first and i didnt enjoy it for that reason, same thing happen to me with crysis warhead and thats the reason i wont be buying bioshock 2 So, when the game comes out and its not a buggy mess or a recyclement of the previous (same levels) then i might buy it.

Um no, I agree with him on every aspect. Don't get me wrong I don't hate video games, but lately I have had nothing but disappointment with all the hype. I loved Half Life 1, Half Life 2 to me wasn't half as good. Crysis was a polished far cry 1 sand box game, bioshock was too linear however well written.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="I-WoKeN-I"][QUOTE="blade55555"][QUOTE="dos4gw82"] Do you enjoy any games at all?

Um no, I agree with him on every aspect. Don't get me wrong I don't hate video games, but lately I have had nothing but disappointment with all the hype. I loved Half Life 1, Half Life 2 to me wasn't half as good. Crysis was a polished far cry 1 sand box game, bioshock was too linear however well written.

A polished Far Cry 1 sand box game? Man - the way you describe it - you make it sound like the worst game ever made. [/sarcasm]
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

Yes. Word is the russian version is already out (unofficially, if you know what I mean ;))

Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

Like everyone else, I don't hope that a game is going to be bad. I hope that a game will be good, and I hope that of Pripyat too.

But the development cycle was just too short, and the previous two games, which seemed to have longer development cycles, were both buggy. We've seen some pretty major titles get pushed back to Spring of next year - Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 - and I was expecting Pripyat to be pushed back as well. It's possible that the developer needs money and didn't have this option. Release the game now, bring in the money now, and patch the game later. Obviously if you're Bioware or if you're 2K then you have the option to delay your game if it needs work, but not everyone has that option.

I will be very, very surprised if Pripyat isn't buggy, and if it turns out to be a great game - very surprised. I just sense something pretty nasty headed out way. The third game is usually the beginning of the end.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45

[QUOTE="dos4gw82"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Well i played both games an i got to say cs felt very similar to soc, also it was much more buggy and somethings were worse in a weird way, eg the weapon sounds are worse, what the hell? If you gonna change something then you better try to make better now worse, if thats the case then dont change it, also why it was so buggy since its more or less the same game? CS felt like deja vu, too much like the first and i didnt enjoy it for that reason, same thing happen to me with crysis warhead and thats the reason i wont be buying bioshock 2 LOL So, when the game comes out and its not a buggy mess or a recyclement of the previous (same levels) then i might buy it.blade55555

"since day one" not "sense day one"

LOL because i dont love all those games does that means i hate em? I also didnt like mass effect. I liked far cry 2 for one, which most of you didnt, i also liked cod4 which most of you didnt, i also liked fallout 3,i actually liked doom 3 which most of you didnt i liked dead space and alone in the dark, which most of you didnt, just diffirent tastes than you, thats all.

Also, bioshock, stalker soc and cs, crysis and crysis warhead, mass effect, arma 2 and hl2....they all get a solid 8.0 from me. They are good but not amazing like you guys say.. "a masterpiece"

As for half life> hl2

far cry> crysis

I totally agree with the poster who said that.

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

im enjoying the series. i cant wait for CoP.

I must say. this is the most underhyped and underated franchise.

dos4gw82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dos4gw82
Member since 2006 • 1896 Posts

[QUOTE="blade55555"] he's just a troll. I have known it sense day one.dakan45

"since day one" not "sense day one"

LOL because i dont love all those games does that means i hate em? I liked far cry 2 for one, which most of you didnt, i also liked cod4 which most of you didnt, i also liked fallout 3,i actually liked doom 3 which most of you didnt, just diffirent tastes than you, thats all.

You claim you don't "hate" these games, but your first reaction is to spout negative, nit-picking observations about the game, and you rarely specify exactly what you like about the game in question. Worse weapon sounds? Turrets that don't explode? Please. It's obvious that you're stretching to find anything negative about the game, no matter how abstract and insignificant. You are either an extremely bad troll, or you don't know how to give your opinion without sounding like one. Here, I've fixed your original post:

I didn't exactly hate either game (*insert what you didn't hate about the games or even what you liked about the games here.*) but I found that Clear Sky was just too similar to Shadow of Chernobyl. It was a lot more buggy as well, and there were some things that I believe were done worse instead of being improved upon, such as (*Insert actually substantial and meaningful examples here.*) Crysis Warhead was too much like the original as well, though (*insert what you liked or didn't hate about the game here if anything*). I probably won't be purchasing Bioshock 2 if it is buggy or too much like Bioshock 1. dakan45
See? This way, you get the point across without sounding like you're only spouting negativity to get on peoples' nerves. It gives the impression that you've weighed the positives and the negatives, which makes your argument look more legitimate, as you are giving your opinions from informed observations. People can respond to this argument with their own opinions, you can give your own back in response, and everyone can have a nice, rational discussion. I assume that's what you're interested in; otherwise, why visit a gaming forum at all?

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

[QUOTE="I-WoKeN-I"][QUOTE="blade55555"] he's just a troll. I have known it sense day one.KHAndAnime

A polished Far Cry 1 sand box game? Man - the way you describe it - you make it sound like the worst game ever made. [/sarcasm]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAH

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45
Sorry i will be more positive from now on you got my word on that, but i like pointing out the bad stuff even in the games i love. I have pointed all the diffirences that soc and cs have too bad you werent there to see it, but in any case cs only gave me a negative impression and felt like deja vu, i cant really point something i liked more than soc, its like the game got inferior production values and quality, everything was inferior than soc. As for half life 2, i said it before, i liked the game totally till i reached black mesa, after that point everything slowly started to get from bad to worse, levels, and turrets and mines, plus less gunplay. Also i dont like the way you fixed my post, it means something diffirent from what i wanted to say and i wouldnt really bet on the rational discussion, many users here are being irrational and stick to their opinions, why cant i do the same?
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#29 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
I own the first two and have played through them and I can safely say i'm done with the series unless they do a major overhaul. I think i'm hoping they put more RPG aspects in it.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

I own the first two and have played through them and I can safely say i'm done with the series unless they do a major overhaul. I think i'm hoping they put more RPG aspects in it.smerlus

Thats excatly what i mean, i played both. I am not gonna buy it unless they do some serious changes and polish plus better graphics.....well it will be another clear sky, with diffirent levels. From what i checked so far gameplay videos seem very similar to clear sky, weapons, sounds, hud....

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts
Ooooh yes :). I feel like I've been waiting forever for this to release. I even had a dream about a shootout in the Red Forest a few weeks ago. There's something about the atmosphere of the STALKER game world (and particularly the gunplay :D) that makes me want to get in there and play.
Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts

SoC was buggy, CS was buggy, how can this one not be buggy at release? I will get it but only after it patches 5-6 times and people can call it stable.

chapman86
I played the game and finish it and i didn't see even one bug or crash , stop saying the game is buggy
dapcnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dapcnut
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts

I was really looking forward to playing it soon.
Then I found out the world wide release was moved to Q1 2010,
Killing my hype factor for the time being.

Hopefully it will be more polished with less bugs this time.

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts

[QUOTE="chapman86"]

Dark_prince123

I played the game and finish it and i didn't see even one bug or crash , stop saying the game is buggy

i got mine off steam so i dont know how stable it was before the patch as steam automatic patch up games to the latest patch. anyways the only time the game crashed was at the intro. i had vsnyc off and the intro was playing at 3000fps causing my gpu to shutdown then my pc rebooted itself up. i think its more of a hardware problem as it happens to most games that runs the intro with more than 2000fps (crysis, gta4). so i cant exactly blame that crash on the game.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dakan45
Well i had no issues with soc but cs still crashes for me everytime i load game, even after applying 10 patches :cry:
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#37 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
Is this game announced for the US yet? I know its in Russia now but I would definitely get it. I still gotta finish Clear Sky though.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I'm interested in it.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Meh, I still haven't played Clear Sky, so I can't say I will be buying this right away.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45
Is this game announced for the US yet? I know its in Russia now but I would definitely get it. I still gotta finish Clear Sky though.spiderman120988
Its out in Russia? Is it officially out or leaked? Because i think its too early to release it.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="spiderman120988"]Is this game announced for the US yet? I know its in Russia now but I would definitely get it. I still gotta finish Clear Sky though.dakan45
Its out in Russia? Is it officially out or leaked? Because i think its too early to release it.

Leaked, I believe.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Nope

HaloEleven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HaloEleven
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

It's effectively shipped in Russia.

Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

I have enjoyed SoC and it was a very good game at the time with small issues nothing serious but after I bought CS well it didnt have the same feeling something was missing or some things were missing with a lot of bugs. My favourite bug is when the bandits hate you and you want to clear out their base but suddenly when you pass the gate you holster your weapon. though i liked the bloodsucker improvement to bad there arent to many underground levels with bloodsuckers jumping you.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts

Not really.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
It looks goos and if I do require a new CPU up around after christmas I'll probably get it afterwards.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
SoC was probably neck and neck with Empire Total War for buggiest piece of crap released at launch. I didnt like waiting months just for a patch, and considering the patch pretty much doubled the performance I was angry even more. If they have taken their time then yeah I am interested, but if its rushed like last time then no I aint.
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
Not really. I think Stalker is an awesome game buy I still haven't gotten around to finishing it. In fact I haven't gotten around to really starting it.
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
I'm looking forward to it for sure. The STALKER games are my favorite shooters. I think with the lessons learned from the first two games, primarily Shadow's atmosphere was more suited to The Zone than Clear Sky's and Clear Sky's buggy release and subsequent firing of the testing staff, it should turn out to be the best in the series.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
I loved the first one...clear sky not so much. It really didn't feel like a new game and so much was recycled from the first. Is this going to be more like a true sequel?