Age of Conan's first siege worldwide - Utter fail.

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShaizanHgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 ShaizanHgh
Member since 2006 • 1022 Posts

wrong again, thats 4 for 4...your really not very good are you? the truth is I have not lived with my parents for well over a decade if you really need to know. as far as your opinion goes, well we both know your are rather stupid so it carries little weight. if you want to continue getting embarrassed by me at every opportunity then by all means continue posting but much like your life, you will never win.

ct1615

Do you read what you write? If you are old, please stop with the grade school insults. Its very unbecoming for an adult.

ShaizanHgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ShaizanHgh
Member since 2006 • 1022 Posts

I agree. Unfinished, but not broken. I got Hellgate, and I was able to play it perfectly fine. There were some glitches that occured maybe two or three times every two-hour session or so, but at least they were not constant, ever-present glitches.mrbojangles25

http://www.flagshipped.com/

ct1615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 ct1615
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="ct1615"]

wrong again, thats 4 for 4...your really not very good are you? the truth is I have not lived with my parents for well over a decade if you really need to know. as far as your opinion goes, well we both know your are rather stupid so it carries little weight. if you want to continue getting embarrassed by me at every opportunity then by all means continue posting but much like your life, you will never win.

ShaizanHgh

Do you read what you write? If you are old, please stop with the grade school insults. Its very unbecoming for an adult.

fine since you asked nicely...ill stop

turaaggeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 turaaggeli
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts
[QUOTE="turaaggeli"][QUOTE="ct1615"][QUOTE="turaaggeli"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

AoC had a great first impression with me. But the more I spoke with high level characters and the more I played, the more I realized it was an incomplete game. Its polished, yes, but incomplete.

Imagine if a car developer had to make a new car, but they ran out of time. The car had one door and three wheels. So, instead of admitting their mistakes, they "polished" the incomplete car: instead of four standard wheels, they gave it three 24 inch blingin' wheels. instead of four doors, they gave it one gulf-wing door.

"Oh my god, look at those rims!" people say. "Sweet, the door opens up! not out!" And they eat it up. But when they get it home, the novelty wears off, and soon they realize that while it looks impressive they can barely use it to get to the store.

That is what AoC is. A shiny incomplete game that lacks the fundamentals of a good MMO:

-the netcode is horrible, a necissity for an online-only game

-AoC is horribly optimized; its not as purdy as Crysis, but its almost as exclusive

-It is instanced, somewhat like Guild Wars. Each server is broken into partitions: instead of being one giant locale like on WoW and other real MMOs, AoC puts about 1000 players per partition of server. This really cripples the MMO aspect.

mrbojangles25

1. Every single MMO released to date is "incomplete" So why in the world do people keep pulling this incomplete card on AoC?

2.Jesus...... Don't tell me you expected Crysis visuals from an MMO? There is absolutely nothing wrong with AoC's graphics as far as MMO's go. Unoptimized? Yes. Terrible? Not at all. Why is it that every game that has released after Crysis suddenly "isn't up to par". Imagine what the performance would be if AoC had Crysis' visuals......yeah.

3. It is instanced for a reason you know. Would you rather have a competition with other players trying to do a quest? Or have fun, relax and do the quests at your own pace? Because that is one of the reason it is instanced: to keep the flow and balance of the game enjoyable by not having too many players on a single server. Because of this you don't have to sit ona spot for 30 mins with a bunch of other people waiting for a boar to respawn so you can loot its kidney.

1. wrong - AoC had gameplay issues like non-working stats. I could care less about silly bugs and some broken chains. Game-play has to be polished when launched and most MMO's don't have that issue. LOTRO game-play had some ugly game-play animation but it was polished.Exactly

2. wrong again- No one expects Crysis visuals from AoC but when you can run crysis better on your PC then you can AOC, there is a sclaing issue. Again, this was exactly my point.

3. hat trick in wrongs, you get a Dumb-azz T-shirt - I still have to wait with 10 other people for bosses since a lot of zones are basically dungeons and boss re-spawns times are way too long. I never had such issues in LOTRO. With WoW, you may have to wait with other people but the boss respawns so fast that I've scene other people looting their boss kill as a new one appears.

1. As I said.... every MMO to date has been shipped INCOMPLETE. AoC is no exception. So I don't see what's wrong with my statement. Different games have different bugs.

YEs I know, and accept, this fact. What I cant accept is incomplete basics. Ive played many many MMOs on or around their release datee (WoW, Tabula Rasa, LOTRO, Auto Assault, Pirates of the Burning Sea, etc) and they all had their problems, yes, but they at least got the fundamentals right. I can handle missing audio or a missing texture, but what I cant handle is bad netcode, a horrible UI, and everything else that should be close to perfect. Every MMO I have played no matter how terrible, has at least gotten those basic right.

2. AoC visuals are excellent considering what kind of a game it is. You can't expect a MMO that has thousands of people, mobs and all that to perform as good as a singleplayer game. An MMO is so much more vast than a singleplayer game.

My point was not to compare the visuals to Crysis. My point was to compare the performance to Crysis. You need a Crysis-capable PC to get the most out of AoC. This limits its accesability, which is crucial to any good MMO as a large community equals greater player pool which in turn makes it more fun.

3. That's too bad for you since I haven't had that problem in AoC except once(I had to wait for a hyena for a couple of minutes so I could loot his testicles, but I had that problem loads of times in WoW)Even if you've encountered that problem it still doesn't change the fact why AoC is instanced. To keep the performance stable and divide the amount of players into instances so the place doesn't become too overcrowded.

This is nearly decpetion in my books. They call it an MMO but how MMO is 1000 players? I cant help but feel that Funcom bit off way more than they could chew. I feel like Ive bought a game made by amateurs headed by an over-ambitious professional.

I suggest you hold on to that Dumb-azz T-shirt since it's got your name on it.

1. Well that I can agree with.

2. I understand that but you must also understand that even though the games performance as of now is below average, it doesn't mean it will stay like that. Crysis was patched several times to improve it's performance so what makes AoC different? You can play AoC with a PC that's even 3 years old. That's pretty accesable from a game like AoC. It may not be pretty but atleast you can play it.

3. This one is purely based on opinions. I was a bit skeptical at first about that instanced feature in AoC but now it doesn't bother me much. The game still feels like an MMO even though if there's "only" a 1000 players at the same time. If you ask me a 1000 players playing at the same time in one instance is pretty massive but I understand your concern. Maybe they will change this feature after the game has gotten into a certain point, that it is stable enough to support more than a 1000 players in one instance or maybe it's here to stay. Eitherway I'm not bothered.

All I'm trying to say is that this game is still rather new. It's about a month old if I'm not mistaken so give it some time.