Titanfall Origin Exlcusive! :(

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 creaturemagic
Member since 2010 • 641 Posts

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/shooter/titanfall/

Won't be buying it.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
I wont be buying it as it looks like a bad game, not because it requires origin
Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pinkscare
Member since 2013 • 57 Posts

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/au/en/pc/games/shooter/titanfall/

Won't be buying it.

creaturemagic
I will not buy it for that reason; I hate Origin/EA.
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
Your loss.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It's really silly to be complaining about Origin these days. If you don't like Origin, then you don't like Steam. If you don't like Steam, then why are you even playing PC games?

Pinkscare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pinkscare
Member since 2013 • 57 Posts

It's really silly to be complaining about Origin these days. If you don't like Origin, then you don't like Steam. If you don't like Steam, then why are you even playing PC games?

JangoWuzHere
It's years worth of crap that has caused this; nothing about always-online or DRM.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
No problem with that from me still going to get the game once it drops in price.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I wont be buying it as it looks like a bad game, not because it requires originTokeism

Nickprovs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nickprovs
Member since 2008 • 1199 Posts

Honestly if EA started making good games, I'd buy them.

But that doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't require Origin, Battlelog, and Chrome Plugins to play one of their games.

As long as they keep the bulls*#t to a minmum I'm happy. 

ojugyujxsygrh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ojugyujxsygrh
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts

Whoa, wait, its 60 dollars?

I was under the impression that this was going to be more akin to 30 to 40 dollar game since it has no singleplayer, which is usually where a lot of the expenses come in.

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Just in, EA blames piracy for bad PC sales.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Well, Origin is actually pretty alright and just the same as Steam. I also heard it would be a timed exclusive, regardless of that the game doesn't look like anything too good so I'm not very concerned.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Lol. You kids kill me. Who gives a flying f*ck whether its Steam, Origin, whatever exclusive. Alone that's horrid reason not to buy a game and I will never understand it. 

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#14 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Origin is fine

I'll buy the game if it looks good, haven't really been paying attention to it. 

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

JangoWuzHere

Yeah, it's not as feature-laden as Steam and I wouldn't use it as my primary games hub but EA's actually done a fairly good job with it.

Anyways, it looks interesting, I'll keep my eye on it. Not entirely sold on it yet.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Lol. You kids kill me. Who gives a flying f*ck whether its Steam, Origin, whatever exclusive. Alone that's horrid reason not to buy a game and I will never understand it. 

psn8214
A LOT of games these days have exclusive rights applied to them in one for or another. I wouldn't judge a game (or the purchase of said game) by how it's delivered. It's like saying I don't play games that come on DVD.
DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
And you were expecting any different? It's published by EA ffs lol. Won't be buying cos I prefer sp campaign.
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
The game doesn't really look interesting at all... Anyways I have started buying DRM free games exclusively.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Why? It's EA, of course it will be Origin. :D I think it looks cool and since it will be a full-fledged multiplayer, it "should" be really good since resources won't be wasted on a crappy single-player campaign. I like it. It's not like every other shooter out there. Ever since they rebranded Origin, from EADM, they have been pretty good. I can't say that I've had any frustrating issues with it.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Elann2008
[QUOTE="psn8214"]

FelipeInside
A LOT of games these days have exclusive rights applied to them in one for or another. I wouldn't judge a game (or the purchase of said game) by how it's delivered. It's like saying I don't play games that come on DVD.

Exactly. And most gamers nowadays refuse to buy dvd, physical copies and prefer digital, but they don't want any DRM. Gosh, they should just quit gaming. :P
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

so is BF4.  don't care

creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 creaturemagic

I don't like EA or their practices, and thus I have sworn against their Origin. Truth be told I'm being ignorant, I haven't downloaded Origin nor have I looked all that in depth at it. Because I don't care. It could be the best DD service ever and yet I still wouldn't pay it attention as I do not support EA at all. As we know, a percentage of profit from a game sold on any DD service goes to the publisher/owner of the service. To buy Titanfall I'd have to indirectly give EA money, and people always say 'Vote with your wallet', so that's what I'm doing. 

Plus, now I could be wrong here, but I don't believe Origin has the same features as Steam.
Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't have:
- All my games in one place
- Workshop
- Market
- Greenlight
- Community pages
- Game community hub (Mods, discussion, artwork, screenshots from users, the previously mentioned workshop and guides)

And the number one reason, which I already stated, is that it's EA. I have nothing wrong with Valve or their practices (minus this HL3 thing, but really that's not all that bad nor entirely their fault) and without Valve the PC market and platform would have slowly collapsed and gotten smaller and smaller. Valve has done a lot for PC Gaming. EA, since about 2008, has only been a pain for PC. 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

I don't like EA or their practices, and thus I have sworn against their Origin. Truth be told I'm being ignorant, I haven't downloaded Origin nor have I looked all that in depth at it. Because I don't care. It could be the best DD service ever and yet I still wouldn't pay it attention as I do not support EA at all. As we know, a percentage of profit from a game sold on any DD service goes to the publisher/owner of the service. To buy Titanfall I'd have to indirectly give EA money, and people always say 'Vote with your wallet', so that's what I'm doing. 

Plus, now I could be wrong here, but I don't believe Origin has the same features as Steam.
- Workshop
- Market
- Greenlight
- Community pages
- Game community hub (Mods, discussion, artwork, screenshots from users, the previously mentioned workshop and guides)

And the number one reason, which I already stated, is that it's EA. I have nothing wrong with Valve or their practices (minus this HL3 thing, but really that's not all that bad nor entirely their fault) and without Valve the PC market and platform would have slowly collapsed and gotten smaller and smaller. Valve has done a lot for PC Gaming. EA, since about 2008, has only been a pain for PC. 

creaturemagic
Some parts of your posts are right, but most of it is oh so so wrong :(
creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 creaturemagic

[QUOTE="creaturemagic"]

- Workshop
- Market
- Greenlight
- Community pages

FelipeInside

Care to elaborate? As I said 'Correct me if I'm wrong', so please :) 

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="creaturemagic"]

- Workshop
- Market
- Greenlight
- Community pages

creaturemagic

Care to elaborate? As I said 'Correct me if I'm wrong', so please :) 

Well, the whole practice thing. I see lots of people don't buy EA Games cause of this so called practice, which is fine I guess but these same people buy other games from other companies that have similar practices. At the end of the day, the game isn't normally from EA, which is just the publisher, it's from another dev so basically you are not buying the game because you don't agree with the dev. Origin is pretty good, but you are correct, it doesn't have as many features as Steam. Why? because Origin has been out 2 years, while Steam around 10 years. Also, Origin is mostly (for now) a Store, not a social community gamer hub for gamers and devs. As for Valve saving the PC Market, that's not true. PC would have kept going with or without Valve. I don't see why you say EA is a pain for PC, they at least still release great games for our platform.
feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

I wont be buying it as it looks like a bad game, not because it requires originTokeism

NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#27 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts

psn8214
I'm with you. Even GFWL didn't prevent me from buying Batman: AA or Dark Souls
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

Even GFWL didn't prevent me from buying Batman: AA or Dark SoulsNoAssKicker47

same, but i must say it's a little inconvenient that you need TWO different accounts to play them if you bought them from Steam.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elann2008

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]Even GFWL didn't prevent me from buying Batman: AA or Dark Soulsfeverberries

same, but i must say it's a little inconvenient that you need TWO different accounts to play them if you bought them from Steam.

It's a steamworks game. And it happens to have GFWL. It's one of those games where it didn't matter where you bought it from. It comes with two DRMs.
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#31 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts
[QUOTE="feverberries"]

[QUOTE="NoAssKicker47"]Even GFWL didn't prevent me from buying Batman: AA or Dark SoulsElann2008

It's a steamworks game. And it happens to have GFWL. It's one of those games where it didn't matter where you bought it from. It comes with two DRMs.

Just that it's available on Steam doesn't mean it's a Steamworks game. It's a Steamworks game when it has Steam client features like achievements, Steam-specific multiplayer options etc...
gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

Pretty amusing if you ask me; I can imagine it will put some people off. I didn't realize Respawn had gotten so heavily into bed with EA.

gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 gbrading
Member since 2005 • 8085 Posts

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="feverberries"]

NoAssKicker47

Just that it's available on Steam doesn't mean it's a Steamworks game. It's a Steamworks game when it has Steam client features like achievements, Steam-specific multiplayer options etc...

There are two different version of Batman: Arkham City (not sure about Aslyum). The boxed version comes with GFWL; but no Steam integration. If you buy it on Steam you get the Steam achievements, and GFWL on top of it. I know this because I accidentally own both versions. :P

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#34 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Eh. The developers are nothing special anyway. Much like tortanic, EA is once again getting ready to ram there heads into a brick wall.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside

Eh. The developers are nothing special anyway. Much like tortanic, EA is once again getting ready to ram there heads into a brick wall.

uninspiredcup
Yes because EA doesn't earn any money at all.... they are going bankrupt....
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 uninspiredcup

[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

FelipeInside

Tell that to John.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

uninspiredcup

Tell that to John.

Who's John?
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#38 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Origin is the devil!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside
Origin is the devil!nutcrackr
That sends the SWAT Team to break into your house after scanning all your private files !!!
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#40 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

JangoWuzHere

I think the only annoyances of these services such as Uplay, Origin, GFWL (Well, we all know that this one can go to hell), you need to log in here, log in there, sometimes you might forget your password unless they're all the same. 

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I'll buy it in a year for £10 or something

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
I don't care if it's only on Origin, but 60 bucks for a multiplayer only game? That's a horrible price; I'll wait for a price drop.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Eh, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I click the icon for the game and it opens after Origin loads, what's the big deal?
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Won't buy origin games, probably bum loves Steam. the hypocricy. Nothing wrong with origin.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FelipeInside
Eh, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I click the icon for the game and it opens after Origin loads, what's the big deal?bobbetybob
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Won't buy origin games, probably bum loves Steam. the hypocricy. Nothing wrong with origin.

But... But..... It's EA.... and it scans ur HDD for private files..... and uploads them to God for Judgement..... etc etc
creaturemagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 creaturemagic

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Eh, doesn't bother me in the slightest, I click the icon for the game and it opens after Origin loads, what's the big deal?FelipeInside
Won't buy origin games, probably bum loves Steam. the hypocricy. Nothing wrong with origin.MBirdy88
But... But..... It's EA.... and it scans ur HDD for private files..... and uploads them to God for Judgement..... etc etc

Alright, you had your fun. Move on now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"] [QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Won't buy origin games, probably bum loves Steam. the hypocricy. Nothing wrong with origin.creaturemagic

Alright, you had your fun. Move on now.

Oh but Daddddddd...

d

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

JangoWuzHere
Some people dislike EA, quite a few friends of mine just avoid buying Origin games. Makes sense, EA have lost a whole lot of goodwill. I'm not bothered, but ay, they have work to do.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 uninspiredcup

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

skrat_01

Some people dislike EA, quite a few friends of mine just avoid buying Origin games. Makes sense, EA have lost a whole lot of goodwill. I'm not bothered, but ay, they have work to do.

Aye. EA hasn't shown me any killer games yet. Only reason I tried origin was due to Battlefield 3 requiring it. All it did was make me wish it ras running through steamworks. And was good.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

uninspiredcup

Aye. EA hasn't shown me any killer games yet. Only reason I tried origin was due to Battlefield 3 requiring it. All it did was make me wish it ras running through steamworks. And was good.

You guys do realize that EA is mostly a publisher right?