Wow america do something about north korea already like whats taking so long

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
Stay out.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="Danm_999"] Unless you were a shareholder in one of the major oil corporations that are now, you weren't ever entitled to get it. Iraq is now producing approximately 2.7 million barrels of oil a day, and its foreign oil companies like Exxon and BP that are reaping the windfall now that the oil fields are up and running again.Danm_999

so it has nothing to do with the US gov or the population of the country? but yet they went to war so that they would go deeply in debt and get no benefit. this is sounding like a 9/11 truther/moon landing hoax story.

I didn't say that's why the US government went to war. You're strawmanning. I was saying that because you aren't seeing a benefit from current Iraqi oil production doesn't mean nobody is.

but the comment i commented on was about america not going anywhere that it would not be able to plunder, if we are not plundering then the point i was trying to invalidate has been invalidated. going to war for plunder and doing everything but plundering are far and away two different actions

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

but the comment i commented on was about america not going anywhere that it would not be able to plunder, if we are not plundering then the point i was trying to invalidate has been invalidated. going to war for plunder and doing everything but plundering are far and away two different actions

surrealnumber5

Whether or not the USA intended to invade Iraq for its oil reserves was irrelevant to my point, foreign companies are now able to exploit those oil reserves. I was challenging the notion that you were supposed to benefit from any of this.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
There is absolutely NOTHING To gain from it.. And if we are talking about saving lives, we might as well focus on Africa.. A continent in which many are suffering from diseases, starvation, and other such things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] so it has nothing to do with the US gov or the population of the country? but yet they went to war so that they would go deeply in debt and get no benefit. this is sounding like a 9/11 truther/moon landing hoax story.

surrealnumber5

I didn't say that's why the US government went to war. You're strawmanning. I was saying that because you aren't seeing a benefit from current Iraqi oil production doesn't mean nobody is.

.. But Iraq has been plundered.. Iraq War was called the privatized war for A REASON.. The United States is not getting the plunder, the private corporations are.. By two ways.. First is permanently placing their corporation within the infastructure of Iraq... The second is ripping off the United States with subpar services..

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] but the comment i commented on was about america not going anywhere that it would not be able to plunder, if we are not plundering then the point i was trying to invalidate has been invalidated. going to war for plunder and doing everything but plundering are far and away two different actions

Whether or not the USA intended to invade Iraq for its oil reserves was irrelevant to my point, foreign companies are now able to exploit those oil reserves. I was challenging the notion that you were supposed to benefit from any of this.

but that was just a little reductio ad absurdum, i am sorry you could not see that. companies are paying the country to drill for oil, they are leasing the land, if you think that is exploitave then your beef should be with the iraq gov
Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#107 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
Omg fine TC I'll get right on it, jeez you kids are so impatient these days.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

I didn't say that's why the US government went to war. You're strawmanning. I was saying that because you aren't seeing a benefit from current Iraqi oil production doesn't mean nobody is.Danm_999

.. But Iraq has been plundered.. Iraq War was called the privatized war for A REASON.. The United States is not getting the plunder, the private corporations are.. By two ways.. First is permanently placing their corporation within the infastructure of Iraq... The second is ripping off the United States with subpar services..

the political class for better or worse has decided to lease out the land, if it is a bad deal its on there sholders not the companies that took the deal
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#109 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Why is every international problem the U.S.'s responsibility?UT_Wrestler
Because scapegoats are nice!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] but the comment i commented on was about america not going anywhere that it would not be able to plunder, if we are not plundering then the point i was trying to invalidate has been invalidated. going to war for plunder and doing everything but plundering are far and away two different actions

surrealnumber5

the political class for better or worse has decided to lease out the land, if it is a bad deal its on there sholders not the companies that took the deal

... Surreal your logic is flawless.. They have no choice in the matter, they can either take out bombed out stuff, or take the only choice given.. Regardless Iraq is being plundered.. And so is the United States in this regard.. The contractor companies charged criminal amounts for subpar services..

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
It will not happen anytime soon, because not only is the America not in a position for another war, but I don't think the rest of the UN Security Council (especially China) will agree to a military solution to the dictatorship problem in North Korea.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
You don't attack countries with nukes. Especially when a family of psychopaths is in complete control. wstfld
This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-59d151f079814

It will not happen anytime soon, because not only is the America not in a position for another war, but I don't think the rest of the UN Security Council (especially China) will agree to a military solution to the dictatorship problem in North Korea.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

To be fair.. Neither did the UN for Iraq War.. It was a illegal war in all regards on the UN side of things..

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]It will not happen anytime soon, because not only is the America not in a position for another war, but I don't think the rest of the UN Security Council (especially China) will agree to a military solution to the dictatorship problem in North Korea.sSubZerOo

To be fair.. Neither did the UN for Iraq War.. It was a illegal war in all regards on the UN side of things..

I was under the impression that the US found a loophole in the UN charter to organize a "police action" just like in Vietnam, no? I might be wrong on that. Either way, I don't think the other 4 UN Security Council members will let USA attack a country that of the Council members share border with unless Kim Jong Il's sanity goes off the deep end and does something immensely reckless.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#115 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

It will not happen anytime soon, because not only is the America not in a position for another war, but I don't think the rest of the UN Security Council (especially China) will agree to a military solution to the dictatorship problem in North Korea.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

I was under the impression that the US found a loophole in the UN charter to organize a "police action" just like in Vietnam, no? I might be wrong on that. Either way, I don't think the other 4 UN Security Council members will let USA attack a country that of the Council members share border with unless Kim Jong Il's sanity goes off the deep end and does something immensely reckless.

China is not too fond of North Korea. They don't want a unified korea under south korean rule, but they may actually start to lean that way as NK is becoming a massive liability both politically and economically for China. They don't want tides of refugees flooding their country and economically they have more to gain from the south. NK's sabre rattling is starting to piss china off according to some chinese sources.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"]It will not happen anytime soon, because not only is the America not in a position for another war, but I don't think the rest of the UN Security Council (especially China) will agree to a military solution to the dictatorship problem in North Korea.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Actually the United States multiple times (like China) only uses the UN when it pleases them, and disregards when it doesn't.. There is no loop hole to be done because the US is immune from such things.. The UN's biggest failing is its only as strong as the strongest power's willing to support it.. Meaning its extremely weak.. If this were not the case the Bush admin would be charged with human rights violations/war crimes.. With torturing of suspects and what not.

Wolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117 Wolls
Member since 2005 • 19119 Posts
From what I understand North Korea does quite a bit of trade with China, who might be a bit miffed you are destroying their neighbour
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

what do we look like the world police to you

spawnassasin
Yep, great power great responsibility etc. etc.
Blaminator1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Blaminator1221
Member since 2010 • 455 Posts

IMO there won't be a war with NK anytime soon. I remember not so long ago everyone thought war with Iran was inevitable and nothing happened. The US army has too much on its plate and the government knows that.

Besides if they wanted to attack Korea and were just waiting for an excuse to do it so they can make it look like they are the good guys the bombing of Yeonpyeong was certainly a pretty good excuse.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Bashers79"]

Unless North Korea has some large stock of natural resources, for example oil,that can bepinched oncethe people of N Korea have been "saved", then I doubt America will be interested.

Danm_999

i am still wating on my oil shares from the last war................ tin foil hats for the loss

Unless you were a shareholder in one of the major oil corporations that are now, you weren't ever entitled to get it. Iraq is now producing approximately 2.7 million barrels of oil a day, and its foreign oil companies like Exxon and BP that are reaping the windfall now that the oil fields are up and running again.

Newsflash! US oil company now a foreign oil company. Care to fill everyone here which country ExxonMobile moved to?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 WhiteKnight77

The irony of this thread is the fact that someone is wanting the US to do something when the US is constantly bashed for sticking it's nose somewhere it supposedly shouldn't be. Make up, y'alls mind now. Do you or do you not want the US to be the world's police or security blanket?

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

Fight your own battles and stop running to the U.S. whenever you want something blown up.

MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Yeah like the US is a much better country. :roll:

Wii4Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Wii4Fun
Member since 2008 • 1472 Posts

W

Abolutely Nothing.

-Big_Red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 -Big_Red-
Member since 2006 • 7230 Posts

Were'nt people complaining before about how America gets their hands in everything?

Conno08
People don't know what they want.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#126 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

We aren't the world police. Also the cost in money and life would not be worth it at all...

Wasdie
This. You cant nuke other countries just because you feel like it. Things may be bad, but starting a conflict isnt the answer. This is part of why people hate US so much. Because US military thinks they can kill and step in wherever they want.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#127 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Have we learned nothing from Iraq? It's not our job to cleanse every country of it's own problems.
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Let's see... Stretched thin military resources? Risk of war with freaking China? The fact that nobody wants the Korean war to start again? Those good enough reasons?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 WhiteKnight77

Let's see... Stretched thin military resources? Risk of war with freaking China? The fact that nobody wants the Korean war to start again? Those good enough reasons?PannicAtack

The Korean War never ended.

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

if there was an intelligent alien race, they would be laughing at us right now. For our primitive way of "solving" problems.

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
People are dying and getting killed each day children and elderly. Go assassinate Kim Jong-il already. Like north korea vs america the power of 11 super carriers and a full force of the American army whats so bad to go to war with them already holy crap cyborg9
Think of iraq and multiply the us death toll by 100
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#132 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts

because everyone might say "GO USA! Go get them!" but in five years people will say "BOOO USA! Get out, imperialistic pigs! Stop killing civies"

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#133 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Throw a brick at it?
Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

because everyone might say "GO USA! Go get them!" but in five years people will say "BOOO USA! Get out, imperialistic pigs! Stop killing civies"

mrbojangles25

Ya! Why did the world get pissed? Its not like we lied to them or anything:P

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#135 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58500 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Half-Way

Ya! Why did the world get pissed? Its not like we lied to them or anything:P

Hey! They had yellow cake! YELLOW CAKE, I SAY!

Here is the evidence

Clearly from their enrichment facilities

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

hire Al-Qaeda

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#137 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Have we learned nothing from Iraq? It's not our job to cleanse every country of it's own problems. hillelslovak
...unless there is something you can take out of it, and take it as yours...
bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#138 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

yeah ur right war isnt the answer but if you snipe him and send someone in, Noones gonna point fingers and say its USA!

cyborg9

I'm actually pretty sure everyone would point fingers and say it's USA.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

lol no just no

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Yea, why doesn't America just solve everyone's problems? *sarcasm*
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts
One word china...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-59d151f079814

One word china...killzonexbox

Not quite.. North Korea is a nil threat.. They depend off of imports from China.. For Kim to go to war would be a act of political suicide... There is absolutely no reason to invade North Korea...... Furthermore North Korea isn't saber rattling for the sake of it, like India and Pakistan, North Korea and South Korea trade blows all the time.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#144 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
[QUOTE="Postal_Guy"]

hire Al-Qaeda

Never heard the guy...
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="killzonexbox"]One word china...sSubZerOo

Not quite.. North Korea is a nil threat.. They depend off of imports from China.. For Kim to go to war would be a act of political suicide... There is absolutely no reason to invade North Korea...... Furthermore North Korea isn't saber rattling for the sake of it, like India and Pakistan, North Korea and South Korea trade blows all the time.

Would China like a pro-US government right at the border of strategically crucial point to perfect US containment policy of China? China isn't going to be too happy about that.
XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#146 XxspritexX
Member since 2005 • 5836 Posts

hire Al-Qaeda

Postal_Guy
Dosn't exist.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Fear of World War 3.

Gaming-Planet

exactly, other countries will take sides

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Hundreds of thousands of S. Koreans could die....

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="cyborg9"]People are dying and getting killed each day children and elderly. Go assassinate Kim Jong-il already. Like north korea vs america the power of 11 super carriers and a full force of the American army whats so bad to go to war with them already holy crap EmpCom
Think of iraq and multiply the us death toll by 100

Not if we do a submarine-launched nuclear strike, North Korea would be obliterated.....unless of course other countries get involved, and we know they probably would.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 AFBrat77

america would lose they would run away after a few 1000 die and they dont have the money for a big war .

dontshackzmii

U.S. can obliterate North Korea off the map....no chance of losing to them

They would never be able to get close enough

China scares me though........U.S. Air Force is FAR superior to China, but it worries me that China has operatives in the U.S.