Why WOULDNT anyone vote for Ron Paul?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Vuurk"] The right to life trumps all.

Based on...??
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortion
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] Everyone has the right to life. How can you take away someone's right to life? No one's rights trumps anyone else's. We all have equal rights. Vuurk

The problem here, however, is that there is an inherant clash of rights. So who's rights have priority?

The right to life trumps all. Take responsibility for your actions. Do not take away someone's right to life because of your life choices.

And in the case of others' choices (rape) or where the rights to life do or potentially conflict (mother's life is endangered taking the pregnancy to term)?
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Vuurk"] I know what Roe v. Wade is. What does that have to do with my point?Vuurk
The fact that the unborn do not have rights that supersede the already born.

Ridiculous way of thinking.

Vuurk, i thought you loved and protected the constitution from all those big government liberals?

Why turn your back on it now by calling it 'ridiculous way of thinking'?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Vuurk"] The right to life trumps all.

Based on...??

So progressive of you to think that killing an innocent is acceptable...

Oh alright, so you're not basing any of this off of anything substantial but rather on cheap appeals to emotion. Not surprising.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortionmingmao3046
Reproductive rights and minority rights are not trivial matters, dipsh!t.
mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23032 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortionghoklebutter
Reproductive rights and minority rights are not trivial matters.

There's also the little matter of assuming that Ron Paul's fiscal policies would "fix" the economy/government.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"]lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortionghoklebutter

abortion - take the damn morning after pill. if you still screw that up, go to a state where abortion is legal gay marriage - wtf is the rush for marriage? they can still be together. maybe not ideal for taxes, but marriage wont change anything
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#165 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
lol at pro-life libertarians
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"]lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortionmattbbpl
Reproductive rights and minority rights are not trivial matters.

There's also the little matter of assuming that Ron Paul's fiscal policies would "fix" the economy/government.

they are a heck of alot better than obama trying to spend his way out of a recession, as his pal bernanke sends out trillions in secret bailouts all over the globe
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 DroidPhysX

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"]lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortionmingmao3046

abortion - take the damn morning after pill. if you still screw that up, go to a state where abortion is legal gay marriage - wtf is the rush for marriage? they can still be together. maybe not ideal for taxes, but marriage wont change anything

p. sure thats how abortion was legalized in the first place. The mom couldn't afford to go to the nearest state that was legalized. ERGO, people are poor in this country and cant afford to go to the nearest state.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
He sucks at economic policy but I agree completely in foreign policy. I guess that's why many non-americans are in his favor. He's potentially harmful mainly for the US but not for the rest of the world like other US presidents lately have been.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mingmao3046

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="ghoklebutter"] Reproductive rights and minority rights are not trivial matters, dipsh!t.DroidPhysX

p. sure thats how abortion was legalized in the first place. The mom couldn't afford to go to the nearest state that was legalized. ERGO, people are poor in this country and cant afford to go to the nearest state.

then maybe they should have used condoms? seriously if abortion and gay marriage are your number 1 issues here i am done. this is ridiculous.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"]lol@ people not voting for ron paul because he is against abortion. thats like if i shoved a gun in your faced and you said "hold on let me fix my hair". jesus christ people, we are in a complete mess and people are worrying about the stupidest little things. lets get this debt and these wars taken care of and then we can worry about things like gay marriage or abortionmingmao3046

lol, not everyone can just move to another state so easily. It's not as simple as you think, you moron. As for gay marriage, marriage may be silly, but there's no good reason why gay people still aren't allowed to marry in many states.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#172 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ghoklebutter
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] abortion - take the damn morning after pill. if you still screw that up, go to a state where abortion is legal gay marriage - wtf is the rush for marriage? they can still be together. maybe not ideal for taxes, but marriage wont change anythingmingmao3046

then maybe they should have used condoms? seriously if abortion and gay marriage are your number 1 issues here i am done. this is ridiculous.

They are not number 1 issues. But they are still important. That they aren't necessarily top priority doesn't make them unimportant, sweetie.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] abortion - take the damn morning after pill. if you still screw that up, go to a state where abortion is legal gay marriage - wtf is the rush for marriage? they can still be together. maybe not ideal for taxes, but marriage wont change anythingmingmao3046

You're the only one who's brought up gay marriage so far.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

Thank you captain hindsight. Please forfeit your rights to your respective state on aisle 3.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 worlock77

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]lol at pro-life libertariansVuurk
?? How can you be in favor of individual liberties, yet not support the liberty of a unborn life? A life is a life is a life.

Rights begin at the moment of birth. A fetus is not a person and thus has no rights.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.]

There are MANY pro-life libertarians. You can keep being close minded as hell though.

It sounds like you're a quasi states rights conservative-libertarian.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 mingmao3046
Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.chessmaster1989
i actually am pro choice and support gay marriage rights. however unlike you people, these are not my top issues. I like how ron paul will bring home all the troops, actually do something about this debt, and put a cap on the evil federal reserve.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] ?? How can you be in favor of individual liberties, yet not support the liberty of a unborn life? A life is a life is a life. Vuurk

Rights begin at the moment of birth. A fetus is not a person and thus has no rights.

It is still a human life.

So?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 DroidPhysX
Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.chessmaster1989
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.mingmao3046
i actually am pro choice and support gay marriage rights. however unlike you people, these are not my top issues. I like how ron paul will bring home all the troops, actually do something about this debt, and put a cap on the evil federal reserve.

That's the problem. He won't do anything about any of those. The president is not the sole decider, this is not a dictatorship. Paul will have no hope getting his radical ideas through Congress.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] ?? How can you be in favor of individual liberties, yet not support the liberty of a unborn life? A life is a life is a life. Vuurk

It is still a human life.

Do we really need big government taking care of the needs of the unborn? Really?
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.SF_KiLLaMaN

That's the problem. He won't do anything about any of those. The president is not the sole decider, this is not a dictatorship. Paul will have no hope getting his radical ideas through Congress.

what part of commander in cheif dont you understand? he has direct control of troops. he could bring them all back on day 1
Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Reading this thread, it's hard to take mingmao and Vuurk seriously as libertarians when you look at what they say about social issues.Vuurk

I agree. Gay marriage and abortion are very minor issues in the regard to the overall well-being of our country.

LIBERTY FOR ALL*! *where 'all' means 'the set of demographics to which i personally belong'
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 DroidPhysX
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] It is still a human life. Vuurk

So?

Keep justifying murdering a human if that's what you need to do to sleep at night.

Do you use this reasoning when advocating for pseudo free market health care knowing hospitals can effectively kill humans by turning them down if they don't have insurance?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] It is still a human life. Vuurk

So?

Keep justifying murdering a human if that's what you need to do to sleep at night.

Stop using petty appeals to emotion. It makes you and your argument look weak.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Vuurk"] So progressive of you to think that killing an innocent is acceptable...Vuurk
Oh alright, so you're not basing any of this off of anything substantial but rather on cheap appeals to emotion. Not surprising.

I'm supposed to provide evidence that an individual has the right to life? Are you f*cking kidding me? What next? You need me to provide evidence that humans don't deserve to have their eyeballs gouged out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhUNrpX8Rx4&feature=player_detailpage#t=16s

Funky_Llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Funky_Llama
Member since 2006 • 18428 Posts
[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="Funky_Llama"][QUOTE="Vuurk"] I agree. Gay marriage and abortion are very minor issues in the regard to the overall well-being of our country.

LIBERTY FOR ALL*! *where 'all' means 'the set of demographics to which i personally belong'

No. gtfo

your jimmies status [ ] not rustled [x] rustled hit a nerve? ;D
SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 SF_KiLLaMaN
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] i actually am pro choice and support gay marriage rights. however unlike you people, these are not my top issues. I like how ron paul will bring home all the troops, actually do something about this debt, and put a cap on the evil federal reserve.

what part of commander in cheif dont you understand? he has direct control of troops. he could bring them all back on day 1

Which would be impossible. We have too much stuff over there to withdraw troop in anything less than 6 months. Not to mention that would be an awful decision for our national interests.
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 ghoklebutter

[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Oh alright, so you're not basing any of this off of anything substantial but rather on cheap appeals to emotion. Not surprising. -Sun_Tzu-

I'm supposed to provide evidence that an individual has the right to life? Are you f*cking kidding me? What next? You need me to provide evidence that humans don't deserve to have their eyeballs gouged out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhUNrpX8Rx4&feature=player_detailpage#t=16s

LOL
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 mingmao3046
[QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"] That's the problem. He won't do anything about any of those. The president is not the sole decider, this is not a dictatorship. Paul will have no hope getting his radical ideas through Congress.

Which would be impossible. We have too much stuff over there to withdraw troop in anything less than 6 months. Not to mention that would be an awful decision for our national interests.

hahahaha. you honestly think we should be over there bombing people and nation building?
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#198 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

"your jimmies status [ ] not rustled [x] rustled hit a nerve?"

LOL. I'm gonna have to use that one when the opportunity presents itself.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 SF_KiLLaMaN
[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="SF_KiLLaMaN"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] what part of commander in cheif dont you understand? he has direct control of troops. he could bring them all back on day 1

hahahaha. you honestly think we should be over there bombing people and nation building?

How did you get that out of my post? Of course I don't think we should be bombing people but if those people are threatening us, then yeah, bomb the sh*t outta them. As far as nation building goes, we already started, no reason to stop. I'd like to think the U.S. has some integrity. You don't just abandon your allies. I'm anti-war as much as anyone, but you can't quit halfway through, things will turn out worse that way.