Why people hate and generalize Americans when?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Best part of the thread is OP saying it's okay if people generalize Chinese and Germans. What an idiot.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#203 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

To be honest, Americans have not helped either. While there exist decent lots, the ones who often come across foreign folks tend to be rude and douchey so the impression sticks

Lots of Americans are "decent lots" but yes, I agree, there does seem that "rude and douchey" vocal minority does exist.

Those are fellow Americans I can't stand. A lot of spoiled asshats who have the money to go places but don't know how to act because they haven't grown up. I have no time for them.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#204  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789: What if there is no majority?

then it's split over the two major parties or over all the parties that have equal votes.

we have a multi party system. When I went voting in may i could chose to vote between 10 parties in total

Parties make a coalition and a governmental agreement when they form government. Now for instance they'e making a coalition with 4 parties.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#205  Edited By deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

I love how Americans in this thread think that foreign media is obsessed with America and put it in a bad light because they envy it. There's 2 problems with that logic.

1) Is it true that foreign media is obsessed with America? I'm not so sure about that actually. Here in Europe it's actually quite frustrating how little broadcasting time news agencies spend on American issues. I'm very interested in stuff like gun Control and legalization of cannabis, but since Europeans usually don't give two shits about America because they're so self-centric you NEVER hear about it unless you actively search it up on youtube or google.

2) Is America a country that is envied? Nope, I don't think so. Perhaps by people in the third World, but that's more an envy projected at industrialized countries as a whole and not America. Europeans in general like security (low crime for example) and solidarity (Welfare, universal health care etc.) none of which are found in America. It would therefore be strange if European envied a country they wouldn't want to live in.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@jointed said:

1) Is it true that foreign media is obsessed with America? .

No. Just here at GS.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#207 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

I never understood why people waste so much energy hating other people.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#208  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@jasean79 said:

Envy, plain and simple.

While I agree that's part of it, it isn't that simple. Our government has a nasty habit of pissing in other people's backyards. How many brutal dictators have we supported and popular governments we've helped overthrow? For example, we, along with the Brits, essentially installed the Shahs in Iran because we didn't want them nationalizing their Oil industry in the 50s.