Why people hate and generalize Americans when?

#101 Posted by dave123321 (34134 posts) -

@jasean79: yeah for the ps4. Though the 25 dollar price is for trade in with the ps3 version at GameStop for about a week. The price you would pay is 50. Which is definitely worth it if you never played.

Have been wanting to replay it.

#102 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72279 posts) -

@korvus: i would beg to differ

#103 Posted by Jacanuk (4726 posts) -
@crazyguy111 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@crazyguy111 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@jasean79 said:

Envy, plain and simple.

It has nothing to do with envy. Looking at USA what is there to envy? you have one of the worst democratic systems in the world, your national debt is through the roof mostly owed to China. The poor live in terrible conditions, you have no national health care system, you charge absurd sums for treatment and education and a lot of other things.

But most well-educated western people doesn't hate America, you are our ally and we might be annoyed and make fun of just how messed up your president or congress/senate are or legal system, but in the end there is no hate.

1. per capita USA has just as much debt as any other developed country (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt ) . USA just has a bigger economy.

2. the bottom 10% of Americans have the 3rd highest standard of living compared to the bottom 10% of people in other developed countries. (Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/ ) Also USA ranks 2nd in median income ( Source: http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/soc_glance-2011-en/04/01/g4_ge1-01.html?itemId=/content/chapter/soc_glance-2011-6-en&_csp_=048bf5a4e0cb098ff846908f382f63e1 )

3. community college is only a couple thousand per semester. You can receive financial aid for college through fafsa if your parents don't get paid enough. Some public universities are almost free if you can't afford it.

1. And? it doesn't disprove anything,

2. Right a american paper shows how good the americans have it, but i dont need a paper to tell me that the bottom 10% in europe has it 100 times better than the bottom 10% of americans.

3: And MacD is glad that they can get community college graduates, also a few thousands is still a lot of money. Also

• Public University: $111,868
  • Private University: $161,904

Is the estimated cost for a university education,

2. That list was made by the OECD which is not even an American organization. Also 99.89% of Americans with homes have basic facilities, with is much higher than most of western Europe (Source: http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/housing/ )

3. $8,893 is the average tuition for state residents at public colleges per year, (Source: http://www.collegedata.com/cs/content/content_payarticle_tmpl.jhtml?articleId=10064 ) I have never met anyone who could not afford to get university education. I've met some people who could not afford to go to the college of their dreams, but never anyone who could not at least attend a 4 year university due to tuition. Fafsa (which is available to anyone) along with other need based scholarships and campus jobs helps most kids get by.

I know some international students who could not afford to go to an American university, but that's because out of state tuition is far more expensive than in state tuition(some times up to 3 times the cost of in state tuition), and international students can't apply for fafsa (I don't think at least) and don't get as many need based scholarships. Because of this some non Americans are under the impression that American college is almost impossible to afford. But as I said before even my low income and poor American friends could afford to attend a 4 year university.

2. OECD is also sometimes a strange org. But what is biggest 0.1% of 313mill or 0.4% of 50mill , also do OCED account for homeless, people living in summer houses, camping etc. etc.

3. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/27/college-costs_n_3817585.html - So 62% says its to expensive and they cannot afford it.

#104 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Sure thing, but to which post are you referring to?

#105 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72279 posts) -

@korvus said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Sure thing, but to which post are you referring to?

the first one, the media here is not negative at all against the US, you assume everyone's talking shit about US when that's not the case

#106 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I was referring about my reality and those around me, I wasn't implying that it was the same around the world. Apologies if my post's meaning was unclear =)

#107 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72279 posts) -

@korvus said:

@The_Last_Ride: I was referring about my reality and those around me, I wasn't implying that it was the same around the world. Apologies if my post's meaning was unclear =)

oh ok. I just thought that was your impression everywhere. :)

#108 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: I wish I was well traveled enough to have such a world wide view of things (although I'd argue that no matter how well traveled you are, you should never presume to speak for everyone).

#109 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72279 posts) -

@korvus said:

@The_Last_Ride: I wish I was well traveled enough to have such a world wide view of things (although I'd argue that no matter how well traveled you are, you should never presume to speak for everyone).

Now if only OT had the same philosphy

#110 Posted by Korvus (3897 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride: If you try to teach your way of life to everyone, you'll always end up disappointed, so just teach it to those who will listen, and learn to live with the rest =)

#111 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72279 posts) -

@korvus said:

@The_Last_Ride: If you try to teach your way of life to everyone, you'll always end up disappointed, so just teach it to those who will listen, and learn to live with the rest =)

i tend to ignore the rest ;)

#112 Edited by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@shadowchronicle said:

Because America has a large influence on the globe and people don't like that. Along with being at the center of media doesn't help. It's easy to point fingers at a country that is getting attention.

it's mainly because a lot of your laws are simply inhumane.

and also because you invade countries for no reason and support criminals like israel

the attention has nothing do with it

obama brought your country forward, you should thank him.

Yeah, Germany, Spain, Russia, France, Portugal, and Britain have never been guilty of that </sarcasm>

#113 Edited by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@airshocker said:

And it's also what we describe as liberalism in our lexicon. So thank you for proving me correct: You are an idiot.

why the namecalling?

i haven an iq of 145 btw, so i'm actually the opposite of an idiot

Well liberalism where I come from means, free market, stuff like that. We're past the point we have to be liberated from religion or silly lawmaking.

Suuuure you do. You have an 8" cock too, I bet. *eyeroll*

#114 Edited by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@airshocker said:

And it's also what we describe as liberalism in our lexicon. So thank you for proving me correct: You are an idiot.

why the namecalling?

i haven an iq of 145 btw, so i'm actually the opposite of an idiot

Well liberalism where I come from means, free market, stuff like that. We're past the point we have to be liberated from religion or silly lawmaking.

Suuuure you do. You have an 8" cock too, I bet. *eyeroll*

More like 6,5 inch though, but thanks for giving me that much credit

#115 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (720 posts) -

Man this evildead guy has a massive chubb for Murica. Hilarious & pathetic at the same time. Don't be angry that we run the globe dude haha. Belgium is obsolete bro.

#116 Posted by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Man this evildead guy has a massive chubb for Murica. Hilarious & pathetic at the same time. Don't be angry that we run the globe dude haha. Belgium is obsolete bro.

Inferiority complex. He's sad that Belgium has had nowhere near the same level of influence on humanity. Hell, the only thing Belgium is known for is food.

#117 Posted by crazyguy111 (257 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@crazyguy111 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@crazyguy111 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@jasean79 said:

Envy, plain and simple.

It has nothing to do with envy. Looking at USA what is there to envy? you have one of the worst democratic systems in the world, your national debt is through the roof mostly owed to China. The poor live in terrible conditions, you have no national health care system, you charge absurd sums for treatment and education and a lot of other things.

But most well-educated western people doesn't hate America, you are our ally and we might be annoyed and make fun of just how messed up your president or congress/senate are or legal system, but in the end there is no hate.

1. per capita USA has just as much debt as any other developed country (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt ) . USA just has a bigger economy.

2. the bottom 10% of Americans have the 3rd highest standard of living compared to the bottom 10% of people in other developed countries. (Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/ ) Also USA ranks 2nd in median income ( Source: http://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/soc_glance-2011-en/04/01/g4_ge1-01.html?itemId=/content/chapter/soc_glance-2011-6-en&_csp_=048bf5a4e0cb098ff846908f382f63e1 )

3. community college is only a couple thousand per semester. You can receive financial aid for college through fafsa if your parents don't get paid enough. Some public universities are almost free if you can't afford it.

1. And? it doesn't disprove anything,

2. Right a american paper shows how good the americans have it, but i dont need a paper to tell me that the bottom 10% in europe has it 100 times better than the bottom 10% of americans.

3: And MacD is glad that they can get community college graduates, also a few thousands is still a lot of money. Also

• Public University: $111,868
  • Private University: $161,904

Is the estimated cost for a university education,

2. That list was made by the OECD which is not even an American organization. Also 99.89% of Americans with homes have basic facilities, with is much higher than most of western Europe (Source: http://www.oecdbetterlifeindex.org/topics/housing/ )

3. $8,893 is the average tuition for state residents at public colleges per year, (Source: http://www.collegedata.com/cs/content/content_payarticle_tmpl.jhtml?articleId=10064 ) I have never met anyone who could not afford to get university education. I've met some people who could not afford to go to the college of their dreams, but never anyone who could not at least attend a 4 year university due to tuition. Fafsa (which is available to anyone) along with other need based scholarships and campus jobs helps most kids get by.

I know some international students who could not afford to go to an American university, but that's because out of state tuition is far more expensive than in state tuition(some times up to 3 times the cost of in state tuition), and international students can't apply for fafsa (I don't think at least) and don't get as many need based scholarships. Because of this some non Americans are under the impression that American college is almost impossible to afford. But as I said before even my low income and poor American friends could afford to attend a 4 year university.

2. OECD is also sometimes a strange org. But what is biggest 0.1% of 313mill or 0.4% of 50mill , also do OCED account for homeless, people living in summer houses, camping etc. etc.

3. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/27/college-costs_n_3817585.html - So 62% says its to expensive and they cannot afford it.

2. USA ranks 2nd in house size (Source: http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-big-is-a-house ) just behind Australia, but ahead of all European countries. USA also also has a much higher median income (BTW median in the middle 50th percentile of earners, not average like mean) and USA ranks 6th in gdp per capita. There is a larger wealth gap between the rich and the poor in the U.S, but the poor are still better of in the U.S than they would be in most (although not all ) developed countries. Have you even been the the U.S? It seems like you are basing your assumptions off stereotypes.

3. Yes, $7,000-$9000 a year for a public university is too much for most Americans. However, there is fasfa (which decreases the cost of university education based of how much your parents earn) , financial aid, campus jobs and need based scholarships so most Americans can afford college. I have yet to meet one American (rich or poor) who said they cannot afford to attend a 4 year public university. Also Americans are much more likely to attend college than East Asians or Western Europeans.

#118 Edited by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Inferiority complex. He's sad that Belgium has had nowhere near the same level of influence on humanity. Hell, the only thing Belgium is known for is food.

What influence?

Nothing is changing here because of you people

but you seem to change things there that are already here, affordable healthcare for instance

still, you got a long way to go

and that small country kicked your asses in the world cup didn't we ?

#119 Edited by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

What influence?

but you seem to change things there that are already here, affordable healthcare for instance

What influence? Oh, splitting the atom, putting a man on the moon, inventing vaccines, inventing the assembly line, the light bulb, AC and DC electricity, the telephone, saving Belgium from the Nazis...I could fill pages with examples...I think the U.S. has had just a little bit of influence on the world. A bit more influence than waffles, chocolate, Jean Claude Van Damme, beer, and diamonds.

You think we give a shit about soccer? LMAO, keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. Keep clinging to that little bit of insignificance if it eases your pain at not being able to measure up by any other metric.

#120 Edited by Jacanuk (4726 posts) -

@crazyguy111 said:

@Jacanuk said:

2. USA ranks 2nd in house size (Source: http://shrinkthatfootprint.com/how-big-is-a-house ) just behind Australia, but ahead of all European countries. USA also also has a much higher median income (BTW median in the middle 50th percentile of earners, not average like mean) and USA ranks 6th in gdp per capita. There is a larger wealth gap between the rich and the poor in the U.S, but the poor are still better of in the U.S than they would be in most (although not all ) developed countries. Have you even been the the U.S? It seems like you are basing your assumptions off stereotypes.

3. Yes, $7,000-$9000 a year for a public university is too much for most Americans. However, there is fasfa (which decreases the cost of university education based of how much your parents earn) , financial aid, campus jobs and need based scholarships so most Americans can afford college. I have yet to meet one American (rich or poor) who said they cannot afford to attend a 4 year public university. Also Americans are much more likely to attend college than East Asians or Western Europeans.

2: And? what the frag does house sizes have to do with anything? but you might have big houses but do you think anyone in europe envies that?

But you are blowing hot air here, of course the poor in america wouldn´t have it better in america than in most european countries, first of all most european countries have free health care, have an unemployment benefit that rivals even mid wages in the us, and free education in most, or with government funded payments.

Not to mention that you are 313 million people , so using % is pointless its fox news argumentation nothing else, because it doesn't mean jack. Since again what is 1% of 313 million and what is 1% of 50 million. which is the most populated place Germany´s population.

And yes i have been to the US multiple times and as i said its a nice place, there is no hate there but there sure as hell also is nothing to envy.

#121 Edited by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

I would be careful about naming some of America's achievements as we were assisted by other people in other countries for some of those.

#122 Edited by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

What influence?

What influence? Oh, splitting the atom, putting a man on the moon, inventing vaccines, inventing the assembly line, the light bulb, AC and DC electricity, the telephone, saving Belgium from the Nazis...I could fill pages with examples...I think the U.S. has had just a little bit of influence on the world. A bit more influence than waffles, chocolate, Jean Claude Van Damme, beer, and diamonds.

You think we give a shit about soccer? LMAO, keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. Keep clinging to that little bit of insignificance if it eases your pain at not being able to measure up by any other metric.

We invented birth control, in vitro and genetic manipulation. Every country invented something

but as of today, your role here is pretty small.

Not to mention half of the stuff you mentioned is invented by europeans lol

And world wars were world wars, everyone had a part in it. You helped fight the nazi's because japan bombed your harbors.

#123 Edited by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -
@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

What influence?

We invented birth control, in vitro and genetic manipulation. Every country invented something

And world wars were world wars, everyone had a part in it. You helped fight the nazi's because japan bombed your harbors.

Europeans who came to America because Europe sucked. Why did they come to America? LOL...you counter amazing accomplishments like putting people on the moon with birth control...

#124 Posted by Jacanuk (4726 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

What influence?

This post is actually one of the most fun i've read in this thread.

Also just for your knowledge Edison was actually born to canadian parents who just happened to move to the US so you can thank Canada for that one not to mention that his grandad was actually a loyalist during the american revolution Also "splitting the atom" i will go by the assumption you mean the nuclear bomb, which was actually made possible by european scientists who moved to the US since it was a bit more peaceful there. In case you mean Ernest Rutherford which are know for "splitting the atom" he was actually born a british citizen in New Zealand.

So do please come with more examples on how europeans and british colonies have influenced the world, its so funny to hear you assume its americans.

#125 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16333 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

What influence?

In my field, I do know the US pioneered the use of satellite meteorology during the 60's. Practically every region in the world use the tech nowadays.

#126 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@bforrester420: "You have an 8" cock too, I bet. *eyeroll*"

Don't hate bro lol =P

#127 Posted by Xeno_ghost (683 posts) -

@bforrester420: "i haven an iq of 145 btw, so i'm actually the opposite of an idiot"

"Well liberalism where I come from means, free market, stuff like that"

Such a brief discription of liberalism for someone with such I high IQ. Lol

#128 Posted by sonicare (53485 posts) -

More intelligent people hate on the US government for some of their past actions. Less intelligent people hate on the US people because they assume that every US citizen is in full support of their governments foreign policy. They can't separate the two.

More intelligent people realize the actions of one person does not necessarily reflect the greater society. Less intelligent people see someone behaving badly and assume the entire population acts that way.

#129 Posted by SpartanMSU (3440 posts) -

@Jacanuk: Ummm...the debt problem in the Eurozone is much, much worse. This isn't even arguable.

#130 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3517 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

I never understood why people waste so much energy hating other people.

This guy knows whats up

#131 Edited by Chocobo_PS2 (42 posts) -

Go figure, who you think invited trolls.

2nd, America using battle to court for a massive products license. But they never hoped aside my intelligence, making 100 supernatural people to looks like joke. To bad they stopped, I wanted to crush them more. :)

3rd, I created a internet post that contain 100 % text prediction of someone post below me. That account is lone gone(I am not on internet for more than 3 month which delete my old hotmail account). And it seems my old gamefaqs account being taked by a warmonger(aka US) to take advantage of my old name.

But hey causing joke or not, a username with description 911(and his friend along causing many tos breaking) backing up by admin managed to ban me is also the day that caused mh17 crash. Lol.

#132 Posted by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Because it's popular. It's funny, though. We'll be insulted behind our backs but when a country needs help they call us.

ain't that the truth....basically how it is.

Funny how people generalize Americans when they are such a diverse group of European, African, Asian, and Hispanic origins.

Here in my county in the US, there are plenty of Irish-Americans, Italian Americans, German-Americans, hispanics and of course British-Americans. Just my county! I myself have German (early 1900's my great grandfather came to Ellis Island) and British (came over at least early 1800's maybe earlier) blood, not sure which side of Independence War my family was on).

There's a share of Americans who are overweight simply because its the land of plenty and there are those who indulge....because they can. There are plenty who aren't fat at all. Over 300 million Americans....you cannot accurately label us as just one thing though many on this forum actually try. Its folly.

We are on the TV alot because we are the most populous Western country and the most powerful, a mover and shaker when we want.

#133 Posted by crazyguy111 (257 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@crazyguy111 said:

@Jacanuk said:

2: And? what the frag does house sizes have to do with anything? but you might have big houses but do you think anyone in europe envies that?

But you are blowing hot air here, of course the poor in america wouldn´t have it better in america than in most european countries, first of all most european countries have free health care, have an unemployment benefit that rivals even mid wages in the us, and free education in most, or with government funded payments.

Not to mention that you are 313 million people , so using % is pointless its fox news argumentation nothing else, because it doesn't mean jack. Since again what is 1% of 313 million and what is 1% of 50 million. which is the most populated place Germany´s population.

And yes i have been to the US multiple times and as i said its a nice place, there is no hate there but there sure as hell also is nothing to envy.

I hope you mean western Europe and not Europe as a whole. There are 2nd and 3rd world countries in Europe, such as Russia, Georgia, Romania, Macedonia, and Ukraine.

The statistics I pointed out were not by FOX news or any other American organizations, if I prove that poor Americans live better, then you refuse to believe them. You don't have any sources to prove anything you say lol. Perhaps you visited New York, San Francisco, Newark or other big cities and saw how much of the poor live there. If you look at small cities or suburbs, the median standard of living is much higher.

I should also point how that USA has section 9 housing, welfare, medicare, unemployment benefits and has a significantly lower cost of living, a higher standard of living a higher minimum wage and a lower unemployment rate for the poor than western Europe.

#134 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16333 posts) -

@crazyguy111 said:

I hope you mean western Europe and not Europe as a whole. There are 2nd and 3rd world countries in Europe, such as Russia, Georgia, Romania, Macedonia, and Ukraine.

The statistics I pointed out were not by FOX news or any other American organizations, if I prove that poor Americans live better, then you refuse to believe them. You don't have any sources to prove anything you say lol. Perhaps you visited New York, San Francisco, Newark or other big cities and saw how much of the poor live there. If you look at small cities or suburbs, the median standard of living is much higher.

I should also point how that USA has section 9 housing, welfare, medicare, unemployment benefits and has a significantly lower cost of living, a higher standard of living a higher minimum wage and a lower unemployment rate for the poor than western Europe.

That's true. I get almost $2000/mo tax free from the VA because of a service-related disability. That's on top of my pension and current job salary. The VA also provides free prescriptions/refills for me along with educational benefits in lieu of the GI Bill.

#135 Edited by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:
@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

What influence?

Europeans who came to America because Europe sucked. Why did they come to America? LOL...you counter amazing accomplishments like putting people on the moon with birth control...

well mostly people who were not accepted here lolor for work , they thought they would have a better life there

No much people emigrating to america now though

And about the the moon and birth control, well we are only a small country and when i comes to pure science, I think medicinal science is still a bit more difficult than rockets and heatshields

besides we invented safe encryption as well. IF it wasn't for us, your data would not be safe.

I don't know a single person who would want to go to america, simply because of the silly laws and stupendous culture, you people are scared of sex and like guns lol

here we think sex is just for fun and hate guns, so it's just the other way around

so no, no one would be that stupid here to go live in america, it would feel like being in the twilight zone

#136 Edited by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@xeno_ghost said:

@bforrester420: "i haven an iq of 145 btw, so i'm actually the opposite of an idiot"

well it's like the same you have to explain what a computer is to someone from the fifties,

it's hard not to forget to mention things that are just normal to todays people, like ram, cpu, harddrive etc..

Seme with liberalism, in the strict sense this is correct, but here it only means free market because we don't think the culture we have here as being liberated but just normal lol

I can't help it that you people are still stuck in the fifties when it comes to sex and actually for a lot of stuff you people are still stuck in the fifties.

#137 Posted by airshocker (29873 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

well mostly people who were not accepted here lolor for work , they thought they would have a better life there

And about the the moon and birth control, well we are only a small country and when i comes to pure science, I think medicinal science is still a bit more difficult than rockets and heatshields

besides we invented safe encryption as well. IF it wasn't for us, your data would not be safe.

I don't know a single person who would want to go to america, simply because of the silly laws and stupendous culture, you people are scared of sex and like guns lol

here we think sex is just for fun and hate guns, so it's just the other way around

so no, no one would be that stupid here to go live in america, it would feel like being in the twilight zone

As always, you have no idea what you're talking about.

#138 Posted by BabyPulpFiction (54 posts) -

Haters gonna hate.

#139 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151404 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@xeno_ghost said:

well it's like the same you have to explain what a computer is to someone from the fifties,

it's hard not to forget to mention things that are just normal to todays people, like ram, cpu, harddrive etc..

Seme with liberalism, in the strict sense this is correct, but here it only means free market because we don't think the culture we have here as being liberated but just normal lol

I can't help it that you people are still stuck in the fifties when it comes to sex and actually for a lot of stuff you people are still stuck in the fifties.

You really are totally clueless....

#140 Posted by Adino86 (10 posts) -

@crazyguy111: hello American. I feel you even though I'm from Saudi.

#141 Edited by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

As always, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why, Am I wrong?

give me an argument then

I already how this conversation is going to end and it's simply your culture is different than mine. So no one in the right mind here would want to go live there because they're raised with different values

Some people would for business, but hardly anyone really settles there, not john doe anyway. Not to mention you will have to speak english all the time and as easy as that is for most of us, speaking in your native tongue is still a lot easier.

#142 Edited by dave123321 (34134 posts) -

Let's just all agree it's a combo of ignorance and simple grouping together along with feeling of resentment for the bad things we have done and do. Some valid, some less so. Let's all laugh at the idea that it's because people envy us. Not that we are laughing at the idea of being envied, but at the idea that that is the source of people's dislike.

#143 Posted by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@dave123321 said:

Let's just all agree it's a combo of ignorance and simple grouping together along with feeling of resentment for the bad things we have done and do. Some valid, some less so. Let's all laugh at the idea that it's because people envy us. Not that we are laughing at the idea of being envied, but at the idea that that is the source of people's dislike.

you must be out of your mind if you think people envy you because you live in the usa

maybe third world countries do, but the others, I don't think so lol, we don't like to be oppressed

#144 Edited by dave123321 (34134 posts) -

@evildead6789: I'm just glad that I'm not an imbecile like you

#145 Posted by thegerg (15441 posts) -

@evildead6789: "you people are scared of sex and like guns lol"

Try to avoid silly generalizations like this. It makes you look even more foolish.

#146 Edited by Korvus (3897 posts) -

Other than racism, homophobia and misogyny, making stupid generalisations (like stating that your country is the only good one and every other country sucks) is still one of the best ways of sounding retarded in these forums and losing any credibility you have left, so keep it up, guys.

#147 Posted by THUMPTABLE (1817 posts) -

@jasean79 said:

Envy, plain and simple.

Envy what?

#148 Posted by airshocker (29873 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

Why, Am I wrong?

give me an argument then

I already how this conversation is going to end and it's simply your culture is different than mine. So no one in the right mind here would want to go live there because they're raised with different values

Some people would for business, but hardly anyone really settles there, not john doe anyway. Not to mention you will have to speak english all the time and as easy as that is for most of us, speaking in your native tongue is still a lot easier.

There's no point arguing with you. You never actually acknowledge when you are wrong, so all I would be doing is beating my head against the wall. Better to just call you an idiot and be on my way.

#149 Posted by indzman (18106 posts) -

Some people are just obssessed and jealous on Americans.

#150 Posted by evildead6789 (7881 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

Why, Am I wrong?

give me an argument then

There's no point arguing with you. You never actually acknowledge when you are wrong, so all I would be doing is beating my head against the wall. Better to just call you an idiot and be on my way.

sure, i got censored for no reason lol

this isn't about right or wrong, you just have different values,

You're jailing people for things we don't even care about.

That's a big difference