Why people hate and generalize Americans when?

#151 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789: "you people are scared of sex and like guns lol"

Try to avoid silly generalizations like this. It makes you look even more foolish.

well it is defined by law,

you pay someone for sex, they jail you

that's something that's incomprehensible for us.

I'm not even going to start about the age of consent laws because everyone is going to scream fire and hell , which is just hilarious to us.

Not to mention the rest of all your bs laws like the age to drink lol

Can go to war but no alcohol,

bwahahaha

#152 Edited by AFBrat77 (24108 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Man this evildead guy has a massive chubb for Murica. Hilarious & pathetic at the same time. Don't be angry that we run the globe dude haha. Belgium is obsolete bro.

Inferiority complex. He's sad that Belgium has had nowhere near the same level of influence on humanity. Hell, the only thing Belgium is known for is food.

What influence?

Nothing is changing here because of you people

but you seem to change things there that are already here, affordable healthcare for instance

still, you got a long way to go

and that small country kicked your asses in the world cup didn't we ?

What influence? Oh, splitting the atom, putting a man on the moon, inventing vaccines, inventing the assembly line, the light bulb, AC and DC electricity, the telephone, saving Belgium from the Nazis...I could fill pages with examples...I think the U.S. has had just a little bit of influence on the world. A bit more influence than waffles, chocolate, Jean Claude Van Damme, beer, and diamonds.

You think we give a shit about soccer? LMAO, keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. Keep clinging to that little bit of insignificance if it eases your pain at not being able to measure up by any other metric.

We invented birth control, in vitro and genetic manipulation. Every country invented something

but as of today, your role here is pretty small.

Not to mention half of the stuff you mentioned is invented by europeans lol

And world wars were world wars, everyone had a part in it. You helped fight the nazi's because japan bombed your harbors.

Do I need to even put you in your place with American inventions?

Oh well, Belgian waffles are good, I guess Belgium is good for something. Its a pretty country (yes, I've been there) despite being run over with ease by Nazi Germany. But the United States is an incredibly beautiful and diverse country, not even heavily populated outside the lower 48's Northeast and Southwest coastline and a few cities.

#153 Posted by airshocker (29359 posts) -

sure, i got censored for no reason lol

this isn't about right or wrong, you just have different values,

You're jailing people for things we don't even care about.

That's a big difference

This is about right and wrong: You were wrong in trying to say that cops in America aren't held accountable for their actions. You're wrong in assuming that the entirety of America holds sex up to be some taboo subject, that we shouldn't enjoy it. You're wrong in your blatant hatred of America. You're wrong when you say we support certain ideologies just because we live in a country. You're wrong in a few other things as well but I'm not going to waste my time to go back to cite them.

I don't really care about what your values are. As I've already stated, if you're the product of those values then I don't want any of them.

There are many other people on this website who hold different values than me. Yet they're intelligent and reasonable. You're just a troll, and a pathetic one at that hence the reason why you've been moderated for the shit you type.

There's nothing to argue with you about. Though I agree with you on certain subjects you come off as an utterly despicable and unlikable person. Why should I waste my time having a serious discussion with you?

#154 Edited by airshocker (29359 posts) -

@evildead6789: All you seem to care about is bringing up issues that you don't even know what our individual positions are on them. What's the point of that other than to try and troll? What's so hard for you to accept that some of us don't agree with everything our government does? You don't agree with everything your government does. How are we any different?

#155 Posted by commonfate (12255 posts) -

They hate us because we're free (lol)

#156 Posted by thegerg (15032 posts) -

@thegerg said:

Try to avoid silly generalizations like this. It makes you look even more foolish.

I'm not even going to start about the age of consent laws because everyone is going to scream fire and hell , which is just hilarious to us.

bwahahaha

"you pay someone for sex, they jail you"

Now everywhere. Ignorance FTL.

There are plenty of people in the US that hate guns and/or love sex.

Again, try to avoid silly generalizations like this. It makes you look even more foolish.

#157 Posted by thegerg (15032 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

Man this evildead guy has a massive chubb for Murica. Hilarious & pathetic at the same time. Don't be angry that we run the globe dude haha. Belgium is obsolete bro.

Inferiority complex. He's sad that Belgium has had nowhere near the same level of influence on humanity. Hell, the only thing Belgium is known for is food.

What influence?

but you seem to change things there that are already here, affordable healthcare for instance

What influence? Oh, splitting the atom, putting a man on the moon, inventing vaccines, inventing the assembly line, the light bulb, AC and DC electricity, the telephone, saving Belgium from the Nazis...I could fill pages with examples...I think the U.S. has had just a little bit of influence on the world. A bit more influence than waffles, chocolate, Jean Claude Van Damme, beer, and diamonds.

You think we give a shit about soccer? LMAO, keep telling yourself that, sweetheart. Keep clinging to that little bit of insignificance if it eases your pain at not being able to measure up by any other metric.

We invented birth control, in vitro and genetic manipulation. Every country invented something

And world wars were world wars, everyone had a part in it. You helped fight the nazi's because japan bombed your harbors.

"We invented birth control, in vitro and genetic manipulation."

Stop lying.

#158 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

sure, i got censored for no reason lol

this isn't about right or wrong, you just have different values,

You're jailing people for things we don't even care about.

That's a big difference

This is about right and wrong: You were wrong in trying to say that cops in America aren't held accountable for their actions. You're wrong in assuming that the entirety of America holds sex up to be some taboo subject, that we shouldn't enjoy it. You're wrong in your blatant hatred of America. You're wrong when you say we support certain ideologies just because we live in a country. You're wrong in a few other things as well but I'm not going to waste my time to go back to cite them.

I don't really care about what your values are. As I've already stated, if you're the product of those values then I don't want any of them.

There are many other people on this website who hold different values than me. Yet they're intelligent and reasonable. You're just a troll, and a pathetic one at that hence the reason why you've been moderated for the shit you type.

There's nothing to argue with you about. Though I agree with you on certain subjects you come off as an utterly despicable and unlikable person. Why should I waste my time having a serious discussion with you?

About the cops I was wrong, and I apologized for it, apparently I did have the wrong idea about that. But I'm not wrong about the other stuff. You may have other ideas than what the media and law says in the usa, but that doesn't matter. You live by those laws and you don't change them.

And you might be different, who knows, but a lot of people in the usa live up to those laws and they think it's the difference between right and wrong.

How Am I a troll? I just gave out info on what is allowed in my country and what is not allowed in yours. I got moderated because it offends you people not because I was trolling.

You still don't provide any reasonalbe arguments, all you do is get personal. Like we say it in football terms (or what you call soccer). I play the ball, you play the man.

#159 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789: All you seem to care about is bringing up issues that you don't even know what our individual positions are on them. What's the point of that other than to try and troll? What's so hard for you to accept that some of us don't agree with everything our government does? You don't agree with everything your government does. How are we any different?

I agree with everything that my government does, apart from minor things (that the state media isn't always as unbiased as they claim to be for instance)

I do agree with all laws.

#160 Posted by bforrester420 (1445 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

well mostly people who were not accepted here lolor for work , they thought they would have a better life there

No much people emigrating to america now though

And about the the moon and birth control, well we are only a small country and when i comes to pure science, I think medicinal science is still a bit more difficult than rockets and heatshields

besides we invented safe encryption as well. IF it wasn't for us, your data would not be safe.

I don't know a single person who would want to go to america, simply because of the silly laws and stupendous culture, you people are scared of sex and like guns lol

here we think sex is just for fun and hate guns, so it's just the other way around

so no, no one would be that stupid here to go live in america, it would feel like being in the twilight zone

As always, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why, Am I wrong?

give me an argument then

I already how this conversation is going to end and it's simply your culture is different than mine. So no one in the right mind here would want to go live there because they're raised with different values

Some people would for business, but hardly anyone really settles there, not john doe anyway. Not to mention you will have to speak english all the time and as easy as that is for most of us, speaking in your native tongue is still a lot easier.

Well, for one you're completely mistaken about emigration to the United States. People aren't fleeing Europe like they used to because you guys almost have your shit together for the first time in about 150 years...except for Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece.

#161 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

well mostly people who were not accepted here lolor for work , they thought they would have a better life there

No much people emigrating to america now though

And about the the moon and birth control, well we are only a small country and when i comes to pure science, I think medicinal science is still a bit more difficult than rockets and heatshields

besides we invented safe encryption as well. IF it wasn't for us, your data would not be safe.

I don't know a single person who would want to go to america, simply because of the silly laws and stupendous culture, you people are scared of sex and like guns lol

here we think sex is just for fun and hate guns, so it's just the other way around

so no, no one would be that stupid here to go live in america, it would feel like being in the twilight zone

As always, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why, Am I wrong?

give me an argument then

I already how this conversation is going to end and it's simply your culture is different than mine. So no one in the right mind here would want to go live there because they're raised with different values

Some people would for business, but hardly anyone really settles there, not john doe anyway. Not to mention you will have to speak english all the time and as easy as that is for most of us, speaking in your native tongue is still a lot easier.

Well, for one you're completely mistaken about emigration to the United States. People aren't fleeing Europe like they used to because you guys almost have your shit together for the first time in about 150 years...except for Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece.

Yeah but the past is something different. They were fleeing for all kinds of things back in the day, war, opportuinity, land...

The second WW ended 70 years ago, that's a lifetime.

The first WW was a lot harscher but that's 100 years ago.

#162 Posted by Jacanuk (4330 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

What influence?

Oh well, Belgian waffles are good, I guess Belgium is good for something. Its a pretty country (yes, I've been there) despite being run over with ease by Nazi Germany. But the United States is an incredibly beautiful and diverse country, not even heavily populated outside the lower 48's Northeast and Southwest coastline and a few cities.

Please do , what american inventions are you talking about?

#163 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

bwahahaha

Again, try to avoid silly generalizations like this. It makes you look even more foolish.

not everywhere?

It's not because it's allowed in a small town in vegas, that that changes anything.

Every state is the size of a country. IF it was like forbidden near shools or something that would be something different, but legalization in a part of vegas, doesn't change anything.

#164 Posted by thegerg (15032 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

bwahahaha

not everywhere?

It's not because it's allowed in a small town in vegas, that that changes anything.

Every state is the size of a country. IF it was like forbidden near shools or something that would be something different, but legalization in a part of vegas, doesn't change anything.

Prostitution is not legal in Vegas. Ignorance FTL.

#165 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

bwahahaha

not everywhere?

some parts of nevada then, you knew very well what i meant

#166 Posted by airshocker (29359 posts) -

About the cops I was wrong, and I apologized for it, apparently I did have the wrong idea about that. But I'm not wrong about the other stuff. You may have other ideas than what the media and law says in the usa, but that doesn't matter. You live by those laws and you don't change them.

And you might be different, who knows, but a lot of people in the usa live up to those laws and they think it's the difference between right and wrong.

How Am I a troll? I just gave out info on what is allowed in my country and what is not allowed in yours. I got moderated because it offends you people not because I was trolling.

You still don't provide any reasonalbe arguments, all you do is get personal. Like we say it in football terms (or what you call soccer). I play the ball, you play the man.

You are wrong about everything. You can't expect one person to change the laws of an entire country. If you do I must reiterate, once again, you're a fucking idiot.

You have no idea how many people in the USA support/don't support the laws that we currently have. Until you show me some proof, your statement is wrong once again.

You're a troll because you don't seem to understand that there are millions of people in the USA and not all of them agree with one another. Not all of them agree with the government, and just because some laws don't get changed doesn't mean anything.

You haven't provided anything that needs to be argued against. The only thing you're doing is showing your stupidity post by post. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad that a human being actually thought the way you do.

#167 Edited by airshocker (29359 posts) -

@airshocker said:

I agree with everything that my government does, apart from minor things (that the state media isn't always as unbiased as they claim to be for instance)

I do agree with all laws.

So you don't agree with everything your government does.

My god, you're a hypocrite.

#168 Posted by thegerg (15032 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

bwahahaha

not everywhere?

some parts of nevada then, you knew very well what i meant

Forgive me for thinking that you mean what you post. From now on I will go ahead and assume that you don't actually mean what you post.

#169 Edited by bforrester420 (1445 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@AFBrat77 said:

Oh, let's see...these are just some of the important ones over the last 120 years...

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Moving Pictures (Thomas Edison)
  • The light bulb (Thomas Edison)
  • DC current (Thomas Edison)
  • AC current (Nicola Tesla)
  • Assembly line (Ransom Olds and Henry Ford)
  • Air Conditioning (Willis Carrier)
  • Air flight (Orville and Wilbur Wright)
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Computer Programming languages
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Global Positioning System (GPS)
  • Mobile telephone

I could continue if you don't get the point.

#171 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15975 posts) -
@bforrester420 said:

Oh, let's see...these are just some of the important ones over the last 120 years...

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

Don't forget the Morse Code, laser pointer (for presentations), and digital camera; three of my favorites. He He.

Also.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But, aren't Unix, Windows, MS-DOS, and the GUI/mouse all invented in the US?

XML, which is replacing HTML, have its origins with SGML which in turn have its origins in the USA.

#172 Edited by AFBrat77 (24108 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@AFBrat77 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

Thanks....and there you are. I was just in the process of starting a list but yours is good enough.

#173 Posted by AFBrat77 (24108 posts) -

@thegerg said:

bwahahaha

Age of consent here in Pennsylvania is 16.....which to me is the right age. Old enough to drive, old enough to dive.

When I joined the U.S. Air Force, we were served alcohol (I had just turned 19) on the plane to Dallas Texas on our way toward Basic Training. At the Airmens club in Sheppard AFB Texas (for technical training), all of us 18 - 20 year olds drank as much pitchers of beer as we wished when we weren't in school. I know its generally 21 years old, but on base it seemed we were given free reign.

There are ways around the paying for sex problem, escort services, essentially the same thing, just advertised a little different.

#174 Posted by JimB (200 posts) -

@evildead6789: We don't invade countries for no reason and I guess you support HAMAS. Also intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing you don't put in a fruit salad. You may have intelligence but I question your wisdom.

#175 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

You are wrong about everything. You can't expect one person to change the laws of an entire country. If you do I must reiterate, once again, you're a fucking idiot.

You have no idea how many people in the USA support/don't support the laws that we currently have. Until you show me some proof, your statement is wrong once again.

You're a troll because you don't seem to understand that there are millions of people in the USA and not all of them agree with one another. Not all of them agree with the government, and just because some laws don't get changed doesn't mean anything.

You haven't provided anything that needs to be argued against. The only thing you're doing is showing your stupidity post by post. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad that a human being actually thought the way you do.

you're not just one person, a lot of americans think differently, but they have no say, you just said it yourself.

and the americans think those laws are ok are just brainwashed

The smarter ones know they're wrong but they don't have the power to change it, thus democracy fails where you live. If the laws don't get changed and people get jailed for not abiding those laws, then that means a lot, if you can't see that, then you shouldn't argue with me about politics.

Again you revert to namecalling because you don't have any arguments, before you said certain things offend you, now you think the laws are wrong but you don't have the power to change it.

#176 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@thegerg said:

bwahahaha

Age of consent here in Pennsylvania is 16.....which to me is the right age. Old enough to drive, old enough to dive.

When I joined the U.S. Air Force, we were served alcohol (I had just turned 19) on the plane to Dallas Texas on our way toward Basic Training. At the Airmens club in Sheppard AFB Texas (for technical training), all of us 18 - 20 year olds drank as much pitchers of beer as we wished when we weren't in school. I know its generally 21 years old, but on base it seemed we were given free reign.

There are ways around the paying for sex problem, escort services, essentially the same thing, just advertised a little different.

Yeah age of consent here in belgium is 16 as well, but we don't enforce that number like a computer.

You jail people that are 18 & 15 or 19 & 15 and stigmatize them as child rapists, then put them on list where everyone can see it. What a culture lol. Here when they're younger than 16 , the parents have a say in it, if the age difference isn't bigger than 5 years and even then, when the parents agree and it's a normal relationship, no judge in the right mind will punish someone for that.µ

of course, we can drink here and go out here at the age 14, on parties where young teenagers are allowed

It doesn't matter that you could drink and found a way to circument the law. That law is ridiculous.

#177 Posted by bforrester420 (1445 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

Don't forget the Morse Code, laser pointer (for presentations), and digital camera; three of my favorites. He He.

Also.... Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But, aren't Unix, Windows, MS-DOS, and the GUI/mouse all invented in the US?

XML, which is replacing HTML, have its origins with SGML which in turn have its origins in the USA.

Oh, yes, GUI were invented in the U.S., and GML, invented in the U.S., was the basis of all markup languages.

#178 Edited by bforrester420 (1445 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@bforrester420 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

Oh, yes, GUI were invented in the U.S., and GML, invented in the U.S., was the basis of all markup languages.

There are literally dozens of world changing inventions that I did not include. Thinks like polyester fibers, the space shuttle, weather satellites, the internet (ARPANET), the credit card, the video game console, the revolver, repeating rifle, and machine gun, the mousetrap, combine harvester, steam shovel....

#179 Edited by airshocker (29359 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

you're not just one person, a lot of americans think differently, but they have no say, you just said it yourself.

The smarter ones know they're wrong but they don't have the power to change it, thus democracy fails where you live. If the laws don't get changed and people get jailed for not abiding those laws, then that means a lot, if you can't see that, then you shouldn't argue with me about politics.

Again you revert to namecalling because you don't have any arguments, before you said certain things offend you, now you think the laws are wrong but you don't have the power to change it.

No, some Americans think certain laws are okay. Democracy hasn't failed.

The only thing that means is that the minority hasn't become a majority. Nothing more. The fact that you're trying to read more into it means you know your point is weak and you're grasping at straws.

First off, stop acting like a five year old. You're a big boy. If you can't handle being called something because of your opinions then you need thicker skin. Prove to me you aren't an idiot by actually being intelligent, for once. Secondly, I've always thought some laws were wrong. You, on the other hand, are an extremely offensive creature. You're also not very intelligent, so I'm not surprised this has only just dawned on you.

#180 Posted by airshocker (29359 posts) -

Yeah age of consent here in belgium is 16 as well, but we don't enforce that number like a computer.

You jail people that are 18 & 15 or 19 & 15 and stigmatize them as child rapists, then put them on list where everyone can see it. What a culture lol. Here when they're younger than 16 , the parents have a say in it, if the age difference isn't bigger than 5 years and even then, when the parents agree and it's a normal relationship, no judge in the right mind will punish someone for that.µ

of course, we can drink here and go out here at the age 14, on parties where young teenagers are allowed

It doesn't matter that you could drink and found a way to circument the law. That law is ridiculous.

SOME people get jailed. You really need to get a better grasp of English. And there's a very simple solution: Don't date girls that are underage. Also, only in very extreme cases do such people get labeled child rapists. And it's an issue that we're actively working on. Now the thing you have to remember is that, unlike your little country, our states get to fine tune specific laws. What happens in Alabama is unlikely to happen in New York, etc.

Considering you're so utterly unintelligent, you probably should have laid off the hard stuff while you were still developing.

That law is ridiculous but again, it's not our fault it's that way. You're judging us as individuals when we have TOLD you we don't support certain things. It's not as easy as putting up a ballot to vote on. We have a representative democracy where we have to send people that vote for us. Sometimes we don't get people that agree with us. Is that our fault as well? You're taking what happens as commonplace in Belgium and expecting it to fit on the USA. That's wrong and extremely nonconstructive to an actual discussion.

#181 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

No, some Americans think certain laws are okay. Democracy hasn't failed.

The only thing that means is that the minority hasn't become a majority. Nothing more. The fact that you're trying to read more into it means you know your point is weak and you're grasping at straws.

First off, stop acting like a five year old. You're a big boy. If you can't handle being called something because of your opinions then you need thicker skin. Prove to me you aren't an idiot by actually being intelligent, for once. Secondly, I've always thought some laws were wrong. You, on the other hand, are an extremely offensive creature. You're also not very intelligent, so I'm not surprised this has only just dawned on you.

The majority thinks that way because they're brainwashed by a minority. Not to mention a lot of people don't go vote. Where I live , voting is mandatory.

You think I can't handle you calling me an idiot but that isn't the case. It only shows that you cannot engage in an argument without reverting to namecalling. That's also the reason why I keep mentioning it

That in this case I'm offensive is only because I want you to see some reason and apparently you do because you think some laws are wrong. Good for you, now do something about it or at least let people know that you find those laws wrong and you will find a lot of people who think the same thing

#182 Edited by airshocker (29359 posts) -

The majority thinks that way because they're brainwashed by a minority. Not to mention a lot of people don't go vote. Where I live , voting is mandatory.

You think I can't handle you calling me an idiot but that isn't the case. It only shows that you cannot engage in an argument without reverting to namecalling. That's also the reason why I keep mentioning it

That in this case I'm offensive is only because I want you to see some reason and apparently you do because you think some laws are wrong. Good for you, now do something about it or at least let people know that you find those laws wrong and you will find a lot of people who think the same thing

No, the majority think that way because that's how it's always been done. Traditional values, while often good, can sometimes hold people back. I would say I'd rather have the freedom to vote as opposed to being forced. Forcing a person to vote doesn't mean they're going to vote wisely.

This isn't an argument. This is a massacre. You have yet to bring one solid point to the table that I haven't been able to refute.

You aren't giving me any reasonable ideas to consider. You judge individual people for things they can't control. That's insane. You make assumptions about what those people engage in politically. You engage in blatant hypocrisy and logical fallacies.

No mainstream user on this board agrees with you. So you're obviously not that reasonable.

#183 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@airshocker said:
@evildead6789 said:

SOME people get jailed. You really need to get a better grasp of English. And there's a very simple solution: Don't date girls that are underage. Also, only in very extreme cases do such people get labeled child rapists. And it's an issue that we're actively working on. Now the thing you have to remember is that, unlike your little country, our states get to fine tune specific laws. What happens in Alabama is unlikely to happen in New York, etc.

Considering you're so utterly unintelligent, you probably should have laid off the hard stuff while you were still developing.

That law is ridiculous but again, it's not our fault it's that way. You're judging us as individuals when we have TOLD you we don't support certain things. It's not as easy as putting up a ballot to vote on. We have a representative democracy where we have to send people that vote for us. Sometimes we don't get people that agree with us. Is that our fault as well? You're taking what happens as commonplace in Belgium and expecting it to fit on the USA. That's wrong and extremely nonconstructive to an actual discussion.

Yeah , don't date girls that are underage. Makes perfect sense for a grownup, but allthough 18 year olds are young adults, they're still morons in a lot of cases, in lot a of things and love is one of them. Considering them a total grownup is just silly. Your culture actually contradicts itself in this because you're not allowed to drink till 21

I never drank before I was 17 and only started drinking on a regular basis when in my twenties

Sure thing, you don't support it and you can't seem to do anything about it. If you would apply pressure to people responsible for making laws results would follow. I mean you people know how to lobby to weaken privacy laws in europe, but you can't in your own country.

I'm not saying you as one person have to change it, but to me it seems you people don't have a lot of power when it comes to politics. It will change in the future though, that's a certainty, it's only because you're such a young country you still have these problems.

But you gotta realize how frustrating this is for societies that actually solved these problems but then are called idiots because you want people to see reason

#184 Edited by airshocker (29359 posts) -

Yeah , don't date girls that are underage. Makes perfect sense for a grownup, but allthough 18 year olds are young adults, they're still morons in a lot of cases, in lot a of things and love is one of them. Considering them a total grownup is just silly. Your culture actually contradicts itself in this because you're not allowed to drink till 21

I never drank before I was 17 and only started drinking on a regular basis when in my twenties

Sure thing, you don't support it and you can't seem to do anything about it. If you would apply pressure to people responsible for making laws results would follow. I mean you people know how to lobby to weaken privacy laws in europe, but you can't in your own country.

Then sir, you're really oppressed.

No, the law contradicts itself. Culture and law aren't always the same thing. You have to remember(or in your case, just find out about) before the late 80s it was legal to drink at 18.

l really don't believe you. I have trouble believing someone could be so stupid without help.

You people? When have I lobbied to weaken privacy laws in Europe? When have I advocated for lesser privacy laws in the USA? See, you can't even understand the difference between INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE. How am I not supposed to think you're an idiot when you say stupid shit like that?

Your stupidity is the only thing that's oppressive here.

#185 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@evildead6789 said:

Then sir, you're really oppressed.

No, the law contradicts itself. Culture and law aren't always the same thing. You have to remember(or in your case, just find out about) before the late 80s it was legal to drink at 18.

l really don't believe you. I have trouble believing someone could be so stupid without help.

You people? When have I lobbied to weaken privacy laws in Europe? When have I advocated for lesser privacy laws in the USA? See, you can't even understand the difference between INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE. How am I not supposed to think you're an idiot when you say stupid shit like that?

Your stupidity is the only thing that's oppressive here.

I edited my comment, because the oppressed thing was bit over the top (didn't know you had ninja quoting skills)

I know you're an individual but you're a part of their group.

again you call my stupid, no biggie, they said copernicus was stupid too when he said the earth was round

and law is direct consequence of culture. You were a minor till 21 in the past as well.

#186 Posted by airshocker (29359 posts) -

Also, I'm not calling people in your country idiots. I'm calling YOU one. I'm not judging your entire country off of you. Now maybe you can do that same courtesy with me.

#187 Posted by airshocker (29359 posts) -

I edited my comment, because the oppressed thing was bit over the top (didn't know you had ninja quoting skills)

I know you're an individual but you're a part of their group.

again you call my stupid, no biggie, they said copernicus was stupid too when he said the earth was round

No, I'm part of whatever group I CHOOSE to be in. Considering I'm more of a libertarian than anything I'm actually more like you than you care to admit. Yet instead of having an intelligent conversation with me about issues we might agree on, you choose to insult my country.

LOL. Are you really trying to tell me what you have to say is as meaningful as Copernicus? Okay, chalking up delusions of grandeur to your personality matrix...

#188 Posted by Jacanuk (4330 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@AFBrat77 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

Hmm, when did Bell become American? also Telsa?

But its some nice inventions but i also see a lot who are there because of who immigrated from europe to America. :)

#189 Edited by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@airshocker said:

Also, I'm not calling people in your country idiots. I'm calling YOU one. I'm not judging your entire country off of you. Now maybe you can do that same courtesy with me.

Well, the difference in this is that I would really have to search people here where I live that would not agree with the things I said.

The things I say here they put on the news and people talk about how weird it must be to live in the usa. How some things seem so unjust.

Well, I never called you an idiot, or called your country idiots. I just said some laws are inhumane.

I never insulted the usa. I do respect other cultures. I don't respect inhumanity. I'm not judging you either.

#190 Edited by airshocker (29359 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@airshocker said:

Well, the difference in this is that I would really have to search people here where I live that would not agree with the things I said.

The things I say here they put on the news and people talk about how weird it must be to live in the usa. How some things seem so unjust.

Well, I never called you an idiot, or called your country idiots. I just said some laws are inhumane.

I never insulted the usa. I do respect other cultures. I don't respect inhumanity. I'm not judging you either.

So then why don't you understand that people in the United States aren't of one mind on many issues? Why do you insist that just because we live here we support some of our laws?

And everything about your posts about my country has come off as insulting. Which is why many Americans on this forum have spoken out against you. Maybe you need to take better care in the words you use. Since english obviously isn't your first language, you might find this place more pleasant if you do that in the future.

#191 Posted by bforrester420 (1445 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@AFBrat77 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

But its some nice inventions but i also see a lot who are there because of who immigrated from europe to America. :)

Those inventions came to being in the U.S. by U.S. citizens and may not have happened outside of an environment that nurtured innovation like the U.S. America is a nation of immigrants, after all. They left Europe for a reason.

#192 Edited by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

You're definitely wrong about vaccines which is the one i know about so i'm sure there'll be a few there that are also false, Edward Jenner created the first (albeit more crude) vaccine and concept behind it something like 150+ years before Salk.

Also the reason they left Europe was World War not so much that America was doing anything to encourage science more so than some other nations. In fact you can attribute a lot of the US' scientific blossoming following WW2 to it. All those Nazi rocket scientists and intelligence gained from Britain sure did help with the moon landing, computing and nuclear science.

#193 Posted by Jacanuk (4330 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@bforrester420 said:

@Jacanuk said:

@AFBrat77 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

Those inventions came to being in the U.S. by U.S. citizens and may not have happened outside of an environment that nurtured innovation like the U.S. America is a nation of immigrants, after all. They left Europe for a reason.

I am pretty sure that if you read up on Bell and Tesla, both might have lived in the states but Bell never said anything but he was scottish and Tesla never hid the fact that he was from Croatia/serbia.

And yes they went to the us because it was a lot easier to make money over there since most didn't have the stock up european attitudes against new people.

#194 Posted by Jacanuk (4330 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@bforrester420 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

You're definitely wrong about vaccines which is the one i know about so i'm sure there'll be a few there that are also false, Edward Jenner created the first (albeit more crude) vaccine and concept behind it something like 150+ years before Salk.

Also the reason they left Europe was World War not so much that America was doing anything to encourage science more so than some other nations. In fact you can attribute a lot of the US' scientific blossoming following WW2 to it. All those Nazi rocket scientists and intelligence gained from Britain sure did help with the moon landing, computing and nuclear science.

He is actually not that wrong, Jonas Salk is known for being the first to create a polio vaccine.

#195 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

It's the outdated conservatives that still live here, and now we're dealing problems with new gen liberals.

#196 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15975 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

What's the penalty for not voting in Belgium? What if I was a citizen there and I didn't want to vote because I didn't like any of the candidates?

#197 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

To be honest, Americans have not helped either. While there exist decent lots, the ones who often come across foreign folks tend to be rude and douchey so the impression sticks

#198 Posted by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

@hoosier7 said:

@bforrester420 said:

• Vaccines (Jonas Salk)
  • Telephone
  • Electric Guitar
  • Radio telescope
  • Digital Computer
  • Fiberglass
  • Teflon
  • Microwave oven
  • Transistors
  • Radiocarbon dating
  • Artificial Heart
  • Industrial robot
  • Laser
  • Carbon fiber
  • Integrated circuit
  • Microprocessor
  • Personal Computer
  • Mobile telephone

He is actually not that wrong, Jonas Salk is known for being the first to create a polio vaccine.

Then he should have listed polio vaccine rather than vaccines in general.

#199 Posted by evildead6789 (7633 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

What's the penalty for not voting in Belgium? What if I was a citizen there and I didn't want to vote because I didn't like any of the candidates?

450$ fine If you don't show up

you can still do a blank vote there though, they don't check what you voted. The voting is anonymous

When you vote blank, your vote goes to the majority

#200 Posted by dave123321 (33979 posts) -

Mandatory voting is silly