Why Marijuana SHOULDN'T Be Legal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#201 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

you aint gonna go to jail man its practiclay legal here already. legalization is terrible becasue of the cost.

Legalizing weed is going to bring DOWN the cost. An ounce of Pot costs more than pretty much anything on Earth per weight, even more than gold and more than a ton of corn. The reason being that it's illegal. The black market artificially inflates the price past what it would be in a free market where supply/demand and the advent of mass production would naturally settle it.

Holy crap! You guys have to pay over $1000 for an ounce of weed? :o

Where I live an ounce is 240 $
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

Legalizing weed is going to bring DOWN the cost. An ounce of Pot costs more than pretty much anything on Earth per weight, even more than gold and more than a ton of corn. The reason being that it's illegal. The black market artificially inflates the price past what it would be in a free market where supply/demand and the advent of mass production would naturally settle it.

quatoe

That sounds more reasonable. An ounce of gold currently costs $1360. An ounce of *quality* bud would probably set you back close to $400 in the Netherlands, a country where it's semi-legal, and that's without factoring tax into the equation.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 jimmyjammer69

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

Ramen1020

Sadly, yes.

What are the prices in your area? (assuming it's legal where you live)

I honestly don't know. I do know that friends were kind of taken aback by the high weed and hash prices in Amsterdam, though.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 quatoe
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Holy crap! You guys have to pay over $1000 for an ounce of weed? :o

That sounds more reasonable. An ounce of gold currently costs $1360. An ounce of *quality* bud would probably set you back close to $400 in the Netherlands, a country where it's semi-legal, and that's without factoring tax into the equation.

$240 is the street price for an ounce. For medicinal marijuana I have no idea for how much it is, but $400 for good bud is a pretty decent price.
jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 jimmyjammer69

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"] Where I live an ounce is 240 $quatoe

$240 is the street price for an ounce. For medicinal marijuana I have no idea for how much it is, but $400 for good bud is a pretty decent price.

Yeah, don't quote me on that though. It's a conservative estimate, based on this and common sense. I guess gram by gram, the figure is closer to $1000.

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

Ok, first before I start, I am not positive either way. I go back and forth. But I believe no it shouldn't here's why.

If marijuana was to become legal, it would be run by tobacco companies, increasing amount of daily users, and users who will use it like cigarretes. They are worse for you than cigarretes. But they are sort of better, due to the fact that they aren't as addictive.

If it were to become legal, what do you think drug dealers would do? Give up? No, I say this: the people who sell drugs will push to sell harder dangerous drugs such as crack, and heroin, among other things. Not only that but marijuana does impact your thinking and motor skills.

I also think that they would increase in crimes, robbery ETC... To make the money.

Here's my solution. Keep it illegall. The only problem is illegall marijuana could be dangerous. People have been known to have seizures. So my advice? Stay away from Mary Jane.

dunl12496

Seizures would occur if you have a certain illness which would not mesh well with marijuana. The problem with marijuana is that dealers could put any old thing in it, such as fly spray or even cocaine/meth to make you think you "need" the marijuana when you only "need" the cocaine/meth/etc. Pure marijuana is not even half as bad.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 quatoe
[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"][QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]That sounds more reasonable. An ounce of gold currently costs $1360. An ounce of *quality* bud would probably set you back close to $400 in the Netherlands, a country where it's semi-legal, and that's without factoring tax into the equation.

Yeah, don't quote me on that though. It's a conservative estimate, based on this and common sense. I guess gram by gram, the figure is closer to $1000.

Where I am gram by gram would be $275 for street price.
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts

Reasons why it SHOULD be LEGAL:

- It's no ones right to tell another person they can or cannot put a near harmless substance in their body. Some ppl might just say it shouldn't be legal for the fact they might be bitter.

- It's not addictive. I know. I use to smoke it and quit back in 2000.

- It has relaxing effects that would make many ppl less agitated and so on.

- It would be one less thing for drug trafficers to utilize for income.

- personally, I think America would be a happier place.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

you aint gonna go to jail man its practiclay legal here already. legalization is terrible becasue of the cost.

jimmyjammer69

My bad, I guess not as much as Gold, but in comparison to other goods its ridiculous in price. Depends on the grade, it can be between 300-900.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
The government could stop bowing to the paper companies, make pot legal (the affects are much much less worse then tobacco and alcohol) tax it, get money for the country, make jobs and more.
Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#212 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

The only thing it would do is give the economy more money coming in.

lawlnametaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 lawlnametaken
Member since 2009 • 349 Posts

Reasons why it SHOULD be LEGAL:

- It's no ones right to tell another person they can or cannot put a near harmless substance in their body. Some ppl might just say it shouldn't be legal for the fact they might be bitter.

- It's not addictive. I know. I use to smoke it and quit back in 2000.

- It has relaxing effects that would make many ppl less agitated and so on.

- It would be one less thing for drug trafficers to utilize for income.

- personally, I think America would be a happier place.

DudeNtheRoom
is cheesy as the last point is I believe it pot is very social (or can be) and generally pot smokers are the nicest guys/gals around. I'll always share my bud and help out a stranger
Coffee_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Coffee_Blade
Member since 2008 • 707 Posts
weed is like catnip for people. its completely fine. Stoners don't hurt anyone
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#215 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

HoolaHoopMan

actually one of the arguments against legalization is that, if legalized, they'd put like a 50 dollar per ounce tax on it, plus the cost of the product itself.

Still, considering the cost of pot now, I don't see how it would be more expensive if legal.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#216 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

People flip flop like crazy on this website.

surrealnumber5

I'd like to know what exactly he means by "interventionist".

an interventionist is one that wants intervention from a authority as a norm this role is filled by the government but it may also be filled by other figureheads such as a parent or even a deity

Right, because we all know that if you want government intervention in any capacity and in any area that automatically means you want it in EVERY area to its full capacity. If you take that to its logical conclusion then everyone is either a facist or an anarchist, which is obviously not the case. In fact, I've run into far more people who professed to be against government intervention who are against legalization than people who have supported government intervention and are against it.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

mrbojangles25

actually one of the arguments against legalization is that, if legalized, they'd put like a 50 dollar per ounce tax on it, plus the cost of the product itself.

Still, considering the cost of pot now, I don't see how it would be more expensive if legal.

Even with a tax it would be lower if legalized and regulated. The reason why it's so expensive now is because OF it's illegality. It can't be mass produced to the extent as if it were legal. You also have too many middle men in selling it along with trying to launder money around. All of this jacks the price up so absurd amounts. If it were legal you could cut out many of the middle men and mass produce the product. Agro companies could raise it the same way they do with any crop.

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

Car crashes often involve alcohol. The last thing we need is a bunch of high people driving on the roads too.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#219 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Car crashes often involve alcohol. The last thing we need is a bunch of high people driving on the roads too.

TheMightyHoov
If the goal is to reduce road accidents, a society should move towards prohibition towards alcohol, as well as a ban on cell phones, driving while fatigued, and talking to other passagers while driving. But society doesn't, because it doesn't base the legality of something on the possibility it will be abused.
RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 RACiEP
Member since 2010 • 687 Posts

Seizures would occur if you have a certain illness which would not mesh well with marijuana. The problem with marijuana is that dealers could put any old thing in it, such as fly spray or even cocaine/meth to make you think you "need" the marijuana when you only "need" the cocaine/meth/etc. Pure marijuana is not even half as bad.

garathe_den

This is a prime reason why it should be legal. The government should be able to regulate it like they do with alcohol to ensure the safety of the users. Personally, I've never done any drugs, but from what I've seen on Wikipedia, marijuana is not nearly as bad as alcohol. So why is alcohol legal? Should we ban that too? No, that already happened and turned out horribly, I might add.

The main dangers of marijuana use are lung damage (only when you smoke it, obviously) and slight risk of developing schizophrenia later in life.

Now, with all that being said... medical marijuana should at least be legal. There are so many people who are in pain from terminal conditions, only to have to suffer through it until the end. Why not let them feel better by giving them marijuana? It seems like giving them marijuana would only be an ethical decision.

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TheMightyHoov

[QUOTE="TheMightyHoov"]

Danm_999

If the goal is to reduce road accidents, a society should move towards prohibition towards alcohol, as well as a ban on cell phones, driving while fatigued, and talking to other passagers while driving. But society doesn't, because it doesn't base the legality of something on the possibility it will be abused.

I will tell you what. If the country can show me they can control alcohol abuse, I will support legalization of marijuana.

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 TheMightyHoov

[QUOTE="garathe_den"]

RACiEP

This is a prime reason why it should be legal. The government should be able to regulate it like they do with alcohol to ensure the safety of the users. Personally, I've never done any drugs, but from what I've seen on Wikipedia, marijuana is not nearly as bad as alcohol. So why is alcohol legal? Should we ban that too? No, that already happened and turned out horribly, I might add.

The main dangers of marijuana use are lung damage (only when you smoke it, obviously) and slight risk of developing schizophrenia later in life.

Now, with all that being said... medical marijuana should at least be legal. There are so many people who are in pain from terminal conditions, only to have to suffer through it until the end. Why not let them feel better by giving them marijuana? It seems like giving them marijuana would only be an ethical decision.

Or maybe other painkillers?

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Danm_999

[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="TheMightyHoov"]

TheMightyHoov

I will tell you what. If the country can show me they can control alcohol abuse, I will support legalization of marijuana.

I don't understand the logic of that, unless you're suggesting that the same people who would smoke marijuana are currently drink drivers and alcoholics?
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 TheMightyHoov

[QUOTE="TheMightyHoov"]

[QUOTE="Danm_999"] If the goal is to reduce road accidents, a society should move towards prohibition towards alcohol, as well as a ban on cell phones, driving while fatigued, and talking to other passagers while driving. But society doesn't, because it doesn't base the legality of something on the possibility it will be abused.Danm_999

I don't understand the logic of that, unless you're suggesting that the same people who would smoke marijuana are currently drink drivers and alcoholics?

By "they" I was referring to the government. Not the smokers

RACiEP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 RACiEP
Member since 2010 • 687 Posts

[QUOTE="RACiEP"]

[QUOTE="garathe_den"]

TheMightyHoov

That's actually a huge problem. Most painkillers have numerous unwanted side effects and it can be hard to come by ones that are powerful enough to do the job without hurting the patient.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Danm_999

[QUOTE="RACiEP"]

[QUOTE="garathe_den"]

TheMightyHoov

Other painkillers are not always as effective as marijuana though. Nerve injuries for example are hard to treat with even strong painkillers, like morphine, but not marijuana. Not to mention many painkillers are as dangerous (or arguably more given how addictive they can be). As to your previous argument, someone on painkillers is hardly safe to drive around either.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Danm_999

TheMightyHoov

The government will never be able to control alcohol abuse, no matter what it does. It even failed during prohibition.
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 TheMightyHoov

[QUOTE="TheMightyHoov"]

[QUOTE="Danm_999"] I don't understand the logic of that, unless you're suggesting that the same people who would smoke marijuana are currently drink drivers and alcoholics?Danm_999

The government will never be able to control alcohol abuse, no matter what it does. It even failed during prohibition.

Exactly, I just see more people being hurt if it is released to the masses for reasons other than medical needs.

And all in the name of self gratification (excluding patients)

BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

I personally think it should be legal. I have never nor wil I ever smoke, and I don't think it's good to smoke marijuana, but who is the government to tell people if they can or cannot smoke a plant on their own personal time.

Think about it the same way you would think about alcohol.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

People flip flop like crazy on this website.

surrealnumber5

I'd like to know what exactly he means by "interventionist".

an interventionist is one that wants intervention from a authority as a norm this role is filled by the government but it may also be filled by other figureheads such as a parent or even a deity

Ok, and you get this impression of me for what reason? I fully believe that consenting adults should be at liberty to do whatever their wish in regards to their own lives and bodies (providing that in doing so they do not infringe upon the rights of others.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#231 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="HoolaHoopMan"]

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

mrbojangles25

That doesn't mean there wouldn't be places where you could buy it for much less. It doesn't cost much to grow weed, and anyone can do it - the price argument going against it is silly I think.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

TheMightyHoov

Got news for you: people who are inclined to drive while high already do so. Making it legal isn't going to increase that.

Thessassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Thessassin
Member since 2007 • 1819 Posts

TheMightyHoov

Exactly, I just see more people being hurt if it is released to the masses for reasons other than medical needs.

And all in the name of self gratification (excluding patients)

Hurt how?

And of course its for the sake of self gratification, what is wrong with self gratification?

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts

And all in the name of self gratification (excluding patients)TheMightyHoov
Are you saying that people with perhaps weaker immune systems are allowed to use it but it's too dangerous for healthy people?
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

They are worse for you than cigarretes.

dunl12496

Yeah, nah.

TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#236 TINYOWNSYOU
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

Ok, first before I start, I am not positive either way. I go back and forth. But I believe no it shouldn't here's why.

If marijuana was to become legal, it would be run by tobacco companies, increasing amount of daily users, and users who will use it like cigarretes. They are worse for you than cigarretes. But they are sort of better, due to the fact that they aren't as addictive.

If it were to become legal, what do you think drug dealers would do? Give up? No, I say this: the people who sell drugs will push to sell harder dangerous drugs such as crack, and heroin, among other things. Not only that but marijuana does impact your thinking and motor skills.

I also think that they would increase in crimes, robbery ETC... To make the money.

Here's my solution. Keep it illegall. The only problem is illegall marijuana could be dangerous. People have been known to have seizures. So my advice? Stay away from Mary Jane.

Edit: Please note I go back and forth. These are just reasons it shouldn't be legal.

dunl12496

This, and it causes erectile dysfunction.

Just sayin'.

XxspritexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 XxspritexX
Member since 2005 • 5836 Posts
"Nobody cares about your dumb false information some idiot told you at your school's DARE meeting about how one puff of marijuana will make you rape your dog and kill your parents and shoot crack cocaine into your eyeballs." Just saying.
DudeNtheRoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 DudeNtheRoom
Member since 2010 • 1276 Posts
Once again, it seems the ppl who are against it have no idea what they are talking about.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 quatoe
Once again, it seems the ppl who are against it have no idea what they are talking about. DudeNtheRoom
You hit the nail on head man.
carlandcarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#240 carlandcarl
Member since 2004 • 1251 Posts

Once again, it seems the ppl who are against it have no idea what they are talking about. DudeNtheRoom

Truth. I studied for my Theory of Knowledge class whether it is ethical to legalize marijuana, it was EXTREMELY hard to find reasons why it shouldn't be legalized

You can't possibly overdose from Marijuana, it is said that you have to smoke 800 joints to overdose at which point you have already died from the actual smoke, not the marijuana

Also Alcohol and Tobacco are far worse for your body then Marijuana, so why aren't they Illegal? Driving while high? are you kidding me, people drink and drive which is far worse for your visions and basic thinking skills. So driving high can't be used as a viable argument or again Alcohol would be illegal.

Hemp as well, is one of the most effecient natural resources, it grows quickly and is a strong material that can used for a variety of things.

America has a crap load of debt at the moment and is increasingly loosing money as the days go buy, if America Legalized it, regulated it and taxed it, they would be able to help their economy. Everyone already smokes weed anyway, why not make a profit out of it and be able to pay for America's health insurance?

This is out of the top of my head so sorry it's not all too accurate but you get the idea,
I don't smoke Marijuana but I don't get why it isn't legal like here in Holland

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 quatoe

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"]Once again, it seems the ppl who are against it have no idea what they are talking about. carlandcarl

Truth. I studied for my Theory of Knowledge class whether it is ethical to legalize marijuana, it was EXTREMELY hard to find reasons why it shouldn't be legalized

You can't possibly overdose from Marijuana, it is said that you have to smoke 800 joints to overdose at which point you have already died from the actual smoke, not the marijuana

Also Alcohol and Tobacco are far worse for your body then Marijuana, so why aren't they Illegal? Driving while high? are you kidding me, people drink and drive which is far worse for your visions and basic thinking skills. So driving high can't be used as a viable argument or again Alcohol would be illegal.

Hemp as well, is one of the most effecient natural resources, it grows quickly and is a strong material that can used for a variety of things.

America has a crap load of debt at the moment and is increasingly loosing money as the days go buy, if America Legalized it, regulated it and taxed it, they would be able to help their economy. Everyone already smokes weed anyway, why not make a profit out of it and be able to pay for America's health insurance?

This is out of the top of my head so sorry it's not all too accurate but you get the idea,

You my friend just posted the best argument here. I can say firsthand that people who drive high do not lose much ability in their motor skills, hell my buddy drives better when he is high. He pays much more attention to the roads, signs and traffic due to being high.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"]Once again, it seems the ppl who are against it have no idea what they are talking about. carlandcarl

To play devils advocate they already use hemp for a variety of things, only engineered to take out the THC element. And rather than use a 'well tobacco and alcohol is bad ergo pot should be legalised' standpoint/justification, the statements you use to back this claim could equally be used as an argument for the banning of the former 2 should... Also when people present 'overdose' - or rather the inability to - as an argument for pot, I think just like alcohol the damage caused can be measured in far broader ways than mere fatailities. Just a thought (although I agree with your conclusion)

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 poptart

[QUOTE="carlandcarl"]

[QUOTE="DudeNtheRoom"]Once again, it seems the ppl who are against it have no idea what they are talking about. quatoe

You my friend just posted the best argument here. I can say firsthand that people who drive high do not lose much ability in their motor skills, hell my buddy drives better when he is high. He pays much more attention to the roads, signs and traffic due to being high.

A couple of heavy bongs and step into the car in rush hour then it can be a long journey. You may be more cautious, but in reality your reaction time slows and if you've really smashed it then you're judgement can be waaaaay out of sync.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"]

[QUOTE="carlandcarl"]

poptart

A couple of heavy bongs and step into the car in rush hour then it can be a long journey. You may be more cautious, but in reality your reaction time slows and if you've really smashed it then you're judgement can be waaaaay out of sync.

We only drive at night high due to less traffic. We never smoke to actually inhibit ourselves to the point of not knowing the limit and when we do reach that level we step out of the car nd walk around for a few hours. He is also very reckless while sober and much more cautious while high.

TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 TINYOWNSYOU

quatoe

Just thinkin' out loud, but if your friend drives better while he's high, praps he shouldn't have a license.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 poptart

[QUOTE="poptart"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"] You my friend just posted the best argument here. I can say firsthand that people who drive high do not lose much ability in their motor skills, hell my buddy drives better when he is high. He pays much more attention to the roads, signs and traffic due to being high.

quatoe

We only driveat night high due to less traffic. We never drink to actually inhibit ourselves to the point of not knowing the limit and when we do reach that level we step out of the car nd walk around for a few hours. He is also very reckless while sober and much more cautious while high.

If we replace the substance you're talking about with alcohol, then would you suggest this as sensible behaviour? Just playing devils advocate, but it's interesting how people perceive pot and their relationship with it compared to alcohol, when in reality it really isn't that different. The skewed percetion and poor reaction times cited for reasons why we shouldn't drink and drive actually do apply to weed in equal proportions....

EDIT: I should have added there is no 'limit' with weed as it's one prescribed by yourselves. The limit on alcohol is pretty tiny and the effect of reaching it is barely noticable. I have quite comfortably (stupidly) driven on 4 or 5 pints and felt fine, but that's not to say if quick reaction times were called into play I would have been found out...

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 quatoe
[QUOTE="poptart"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"]

[QUOTE="poptart"]

We only driveat night high due to less traffic. We never drink to actually inhibit ourselves to the point of not knowing the limit and when we do reach that level we step out of the car nd walk around for a few hours. He is also very reckless while sober and much more cautious while high.

If we replace the substance you're talking about with alcohol, then would you suggest this as sensible behaviour? Just playing devils advocate, but it's interesting how people perceive pot and their relationship with it compared to alcohol, when in reality it really isn't that different. The skewed percetion and poor reaction times cited for reasons why we shouldn't drink and drive actually do apply to weed in equal proportions....

EDIT: I should have added there is no 'limit' with weed as it's one prescribed by yourselves. The limit on alcohol is pretty tiny and the effect of reaching it is barely noticable. I have quite comfortably (stupidly) driven on 4 or 5 pints and felt fine, but that's not to say if quick reaction times were called into play I would have been found out...

I see your point, no doubt about that. Once the summer comes there won`t be driving around. The only reason we do is because it is usually -40 celsius outside.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 quatoe
[QUOTE="TINYOWNSYOU"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"]

Just thinkin' out loud, but if your friend drives better while he's high, praps he shouldn't have a license.

It`s not that he is a bad driver he is just more careless, thats how all of my friends were and are after they got their license.
TINYOWNSYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 TINYOWNSYOU

[QUOTE="TINYOWNSYOU"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"]

quatoe

It`s not that he is a bad driver he is just more careless, thats how all of my friends were and are after they got their license.

But I don't get it... Why were they careless after they got their licenses?

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 poptart

[QUOTE="poptart"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"] We only driveat night high due to less traffic. We never drink to actually inhibit ourselves to the point of not knowing the limit and when we do reach that level we step out of the car nd walk around for a few hours. He is also very reckless while sober and much more cautious while high.

quatoe

I see your point, no doubt about that. Once the summer comes there won`t be driving around. The only reason we do is because it is usually -40 celsius outside.

S**t! I wouldn't even leave the house :P