Why Marijuana SHOULDN'T Be Legal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SunnySAY87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 SunnySAY87
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts
legal or illegal. the purp is in my system.
HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I don't smoke the stuff so I don't really care either way. If it gets legalized taxes will make it expensive and I will laugh. I wish it would just disappear honestly.

People who use it for medicinal purposes actually get a use from it though...

PsychoRedFox666
If it were legalized the price would drop not rise. Black market goods, especially drugs, are artificially inflated due to them being illegal along with there being a limited supply when compared to a legal industry mass producing it.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

wait, i thought you were a big interventionist, i am confused nowsurrealnumber5

People flip flop like crazy on this website.

I'd like to know what exactly he means by "interventionist".

an interventionist is one that wants intervention from a authority as a norm this role is filled by the government but it may also be filled by other figureheads such as a parent or even a deity
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

Oh but that would make too much sense.

wait, i thought you were a big interventionist, i am confused now

People flip flop like crazy on this website.

i cant judge, i just made a bunch of posts and even a thread from the point of view of the green movement
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#155 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
What the **** are you talking about?
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#156 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Stay away from it, but keep it legal.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#157 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Ok, first before I start, I am not positive either way. I go back and forth. But I believe no it shouldn't here's why.

If marijuana was to become legal, it would be run by tobacco companies, increasing amount of daily users, and users who will use it like cigarretes. They are worse for you than cigarretes. But they are sort of better, due to the fact that they aren't as addictive.

If it were to become legal, what do you think drug dealers would do? Give up? No, I say this: the people who sell drugs will push to sell harder dangerous drugs such as crack, and heroin, among other things. Not only that but marijuana does impact your thinking and motor skills.

I also think that they would increase in crimes, robbery ETC... To make the money.

Here's my solution. Keep it illegall. The only problem is illegall marijuana could be dangerous. People have been known to have seizures. So my advice? Stay away from Mary Jane.

dunl12496

I find it doubtful that cigarette companies would be able to dot he same thing to pot that they have done to tobacco. All you have to do is mandate that any extra ingredients are posted on a label, and I'm sure there would be a market for pure cannabis.

Cigarettes are much worse for you than cannabis, even disregarding the fact that cannabis isn't habit-forming.

Yes, but how much of a market is there for hard drugs? Combined heroine and coke have something between seven and ten million users, cannabis alone has fourteen million and growing. Combine that with the fact that once cannabis can be bought legally it reduces contact with drug dealers by cannabis users, and you could actually see hard drug use decrease.

Cannabis has marginal effects on your brain cells, less than alcohol. It only effects your motor skills while inebriated, and long-term effects on cognitive ability only manifest with extreme use.

What?

The connection between cannabis use and epilepsy is dubious at best.

TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts
What a bunch of crap in here , pot should be legal , if i smoke it i won't kill you and if you don't like it don't smoke it , and for people who say that causes brain damage , and makes you dangerous ....ugh that hurts me .
bunny569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 bunny569
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

LOL i just started laughing, THE TC DOESNT KNOW ANYTHING! these are all based off of one side of a thought. It would make sense, sure but when you do as much research as some of us here, seriously these things you posted is all retarded (not saying the tc is retarded) Did you know in europe they decriminilized and made it legal to purchase marijuanna at coffee shops? and guess what , they have lead to least number of pot smokers, they stopped the drug war, and violent that came with it. should the U.S. learn something from them? yes, but why won't we? becasue we HATE to accept that others have better ideas than our own

-Toshy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 -Toshy-
Member since 2008 • 1376 Posts
People have been known to have seizures.dunl12496
Yes, we realize that your mother lied to you about an "experience" she had in high school. We get it already.
OldTopics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 OldTopics
Member since 2010 • 156 Posts

Ok, first before I start, I am not positive either way. I go back and forth. But I believe no it shouldn't here's why.

If marijuana was to become legal, it would be run by tobacco companies, increasing amount of daily users, and users who will use it like cigarretes. They are worse for you than cigarretes. But they are sort of better, due to the fact that they aren't as addictive.

If it were to become legal, what do you think drug dealers would do? Give up? No, I say this: the people who sell drugs will push to sell harder dangerous drugs such as crack, and heroin, among other things. Not only that but marijuana does impact your thinking and motor skills.

I also think that they would increase in crimes, robbery ETC... To make the money.

Here's my solution. Keep it illegall. The only problem is illegall marijuana could be dangerous. People have been known to have seizures. So my advice? Stay away from Mary Jane.

dunl12496
clearly you have no clue what your talking about. First of all, cigarettes are far worse for you than marijuana is. Secondly, if all someone is using is marijuana, then why would they need to go to a dealer if it was legal? Many people who use marijuana today are pressured into trying harder drugs because their dealer wants them to buy it. If it was legal, they wouldnt need to go to a dealer and thus wouldnt have easy access to other drugs. Why not just everything harmful illegal then?
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#162 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Any information to back up your claims?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#163 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

there is no single objective reason marijuana prohibition should remain in place. Not a single one. Religion? Irrelevant. Physical health? Not if in moderation. Mental health? Debunked. Crime? How could it get worse with legalization?

The only real argument one could have is against how they will tax it, but that is not a marijuana problem, thats a corporation, lobbyist, and politician problem.

But I suppose marijuana being illegal was all the above to begin with and, as usual, the American public gets the shaft as a result.

JC346

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#164 JC346
Member since 2007 • 4886 Posts
Cigarettes are far worse for you than marijuana.
deleterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deleterguy
Member since 2005 • 1827 Posts

They shouldn't make Marijuana legal.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

its the gateway to the dangerous drugs it should stay illegal

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#167 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

I've got one reason why marjuana should remain illegal. Just think about how annoying teenagers and pot heads would become! It's already bad enough as is, but if they could do it in the open all we would ever hear is "dude... check out that cloud" and "You ever get the feeling that you are just an ant in and ant farm? Cosmic". The world would be thrown into lazy cheeto snacking chaos! :P

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts

If it were to become legal, what do you think drug dealers would do? Give up? No, I say this: the people who sell drugs will push to sell harder dangerous drugs such as crack, and heroin, among other things.

dunl12496
Pot dealers =/= drug dealers. Most pot users and dealers are only interested in pot. I have dealt pot but that doesn't mean I'd ever deal harder drugs - or use them for that matter.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 mrbojangles25

I've got one reason why marjuana should remain illegal. Just think about how annoying teenagers and pot heads would become! It's already bad enough as is, but if they could do it in the open all we would ever hear is "dude... check out that cloud" and "You ever get the feeling that you are just an ant in and ant farm? Cosmic". The world would be thrown into lazy cheeto snacking chaos! :P

redstorm72

lol I get where you are coming from, so dont get me wrong, but the people that are/would be like that, are already like that.

the legalization of pot would do more for the more civil, mature parts of society imo. The hardworking husband who comes home and wants to unwind with a bongload in his living room. The single mother that needs to unwind after her kids go to sleep. These are people who have too much to risk by smoking pot now, but would benefit from it and enjoy it if it were legalized.

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

DECRIMINALIZE marijuana possession and use, make it still a crime to sell it.

Absolutely no reason to flat-out legalize it, decriminalization is good enough.

MrSelf-Destruct

I'm down. As long as I can grow my own, I'm good. :P

Decriminalization is a terrible idea. Watch The Union. That movie could explain why decriminalization is bad better than i could.

quasarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 quasarwolf
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts

dunl12496

I think you have the wrong impression about people who sell marijuana. i think there is a big difference between people who smoke and sell and people who just sell. people who smoke and sell most likely only sell it because they get their share for free. but people who are in it just for the money probably sell harder drugs anyway (from my expierences). i think leagalizing marijuana will not affect you at all. so why are you so worried?

as for the tobacco companies selling it like cigs. for one, it would be cheaper and smarter to grow your own and two, i do not think tobacco companies will be the highest bidders. there is already a huge market for the cultivation of weed already in existance. and by the wayyou say things i believe you are benefiting from it now.you are affraid of the street value will drop. i have never known a pot head to rob anyone for their money. crack heads and coke headsare the desparate ones. not only will legalizing it stop the trafficing of marijuana to mexico drug cartells, it would also cut down on violance assciated with it. if it were legal one could turn over a suspect, who stole yourcrops, to the police and let them take care of it.but with itillegal andsomeone steals your crop, you have to take matters into your own hands to get it back, which leads to violence.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

DECRIMINALIZE marijuana possession and use, make it still a crime to sell it.

Absolutely no reason to flat-out legalize it, decriminalization is good enough.

Ramen1020

I'm down. As long as I can grow my own, I'm good. :P

Decriminalization is a terrible idea. Watch The Union. That movie could explain why decriminalization is bad better than i could.

could you give us a quick summary? Otherwise I am inclined to agree that decriminilzation, especially if I can grow my own, is the best compromise.

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Ramen1020

Cruse34

The only reason it's a gateway drug is because the gov't is forcing people to get it illegally. If people didn't have to see a dealer to buy marijuana wouldn't be associated with hard drugs.

Again, just another reason to legalize it.

OldTopics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 OldTopics

They shouldn't make Marijuana legal.

deleterguy
why not? there is no reason not to really....
TaoJeetKuneDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 TaoJeetKuneDo
Member since 2010 • 512 Posts
they are not going to legalize it because of the close minded people who are afraid pot heads are gonna kill everyone *oh noes* and because people would grow they're own plants , and would not buy it from shops mostly . there's not much profit for them so they just decide to scare people .
OldTopics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 OldTopics

Cruse34
not true at all. Thats like saying milk is a gateway to becoming an alcoholic, or riding a bike is a gateway to riding a motorcycle
quasarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 quasarwolf
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

Ramen1020

you know what the biggest gateway drug is??? alcohol andprecription drugs.i have never wanted to try any other drugs just because i smoke marijuana. i think that is the lamest and oldest phrase in the book that has been prooven wrong over and over again.

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#179 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

[QUOTE="redstorm72"]

mrbojangles25

lol I get where you are coming from, so dont get me wrong, but the people that are/would be like that, are already like that.

the legalization of pot would do more for the more civil, mature parts of society imo. The hardworking husband who comes home and wants to unwind with a bongload in his living room. The single mother that needs to unwind after her kids go to sleep. These are people who have too much to risk by smoking pot now, but would benefit from it and enjoy it if it were legalized.

Can't argue with that. There really aren't much in the way of negatives associated with legalizing it, and many positives, so I have no real problems with legalization. The only thing I have against it at this point is that it would make many of my pot head freinds way to happy :P

Blacklight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#180 Blacklight2
Member since 2007 • 1212 Posts
Well, most of the people that I meet that are potheads are extremely annoying. So I say no, it should not be legal.
Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Ramen1020

[QUOTE="Ramen1020"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] I'm down. As long as I can grow my own, I'm good. :Pmrbojangles25

could you give us a quick summary? Otherwise I am inclined to agree that decriminilzation, especially if I can grow my own, is the best compromise.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007#

The segment on decriminalization starts around 30:40

daleerin24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#182 daleerin24
Member since 2005 • 911 Posts

I say it should be legal, less criminals on the street and its better than alchohol as it kills people, you rarely hear of a high person smoking and killing people

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Ramen1020

Well, most of the people that I meet that are potheads are extremely annoying. So I say no, it should not be legal. Blacklight2

That's a terrible "argument"

BestAlarmClock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 BestAlarmClock
Member since 2011 • 87 Posts

i think it should be legal, but it should NOT be legal to come to work stoned and high or whatever. When it starts affecting other people then its a problem.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#185 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

i think it should be legal, but it should NOT be legal to come to work stoned and high or whatever. When it starts affecting other people then its a problem.

BestAlarmClock

Who has argued that it should be?

I mean alcohol and tobacco are very strictly regulated; I'm not sure I understand why people think that legalizing marijuana means that kids would be buying joints from the corner store and that employers would be powerless to stop people from getting stoned and then operating heavy machinery.

lawlnametaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 lawlnametaken
Member since 2009 • 349 Posts

I remember when I thought prop 19 would pass and maybe a bill like it would spread to Canada,

then i read an OT drug thread and it blew y mind. So much misinformation, stupidity and well stupidity

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#187 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlnametaken"]

I remember when I thought prop 19 would pass and maybe a bill like it would spread to Canada,

then i read an OT drug thread and it blew y mind. So much misinformation, stupidity and well stupidity

I really do hope that someday soon Canada does legalize marijuana.
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 quatoe

lawlnametaken

I really do hope that marijuana will be legalized in Canada soon.

MoetWitMedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MoetWitMedusa
Member since 2010 • 112 Posts

it should remain illegel becasue i dont wanna buy overpiced weed from the government. I like my weed cheap, not to mention i enjoy supporting dealers becasue it provides jobs to people.

MoetWitMedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 MoetWitMedusa

[QUOTE="lawlnametaken"]

quatoe

nah man you dont want that. you know how expensive weed is from headshops. when i went to cali people were paying lik 25 a gram. Thats crazy. Look how much the goverment taxes alchohol which is **** **** Theyd tax the hell out of weed to and it would cost a lot. No thanks

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"]

[QUOTE="lawlnametaken"]

MoetWitMedusa

nah man you dont want that. you know how expensive weed is from headshops. when i went to cali people were paying lik 25 a gram. Thats crazy. Look how much the goverment taxes alchohol which is **** **** Theyd tax the hell out of weed to and it would cost a lot. No thanks

I would rather pay that much then risk time in prison for something that isn`t all that bad.

MoetWitMedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 MoetWitMedusa

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

[QUOTE="quatoe"] I really do hope that marijuana will be legalized in Canada soon.

quatoe

I would rather pay that much then risk time in prison for something that isn`t all that bad.

you aint gonna go to jail man its practiclay legal here already. legalization is terrible becasue of the cost.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 quatoe

[QUOTE="quatoe"]

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

MoetWitMedusa

you aint gonna go to jail man its practiclay legal here already. legalization is terrible becasue of the cost.

I see your point, I don`t know anyone who has actually gotten in trouble for it but my father will make my life like prison if I ever did get caught by the police.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts
Man these sure get a response. Think it was 700 posts last time.
dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

it should remain illegel becasue i dont wanna buy overpiced weed from the government. I like my weed cheap, not to mention i enjoy supporting dealers becasue it provides jobs to people.

MoetWitMedusa
:|
quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 quatoe

Man these sure get a response. Think it was 700 posts last time.dunl12496
Thats because people begin to argue :p

MoetWitMedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 MoetWitMedusa

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

dunl12496

whats so shocking bout that. The government alreadys rapes me in alcohol prices the last thing i want is to pay more for bud.

Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Ramen1020

[QUOTE="dunl12496"][QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

MoetWitMedusa

whats so shocking bout that. The government alreadys rapes me in alcohol prices the last thing i want is to pay more for bud.

Drug dealer isn't a job you want people to have, and legalizing it would provide people with real, legal jobs.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

MoetWitMedusa

Legalizing weed is going to bring DOWN the cost. An ounce of Pot costs more than pretty much anything on Earth per weight, even more than gold and more than a ton of corn. The reason being that it's illegal. The black market artificially inflates the price past what it would be in a free market where supply/demand and the advent of mass production would naturally settle it.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

[QUOTE="MoetWitMedusa"]

HoolaHoopMan

Legalizing weed is going to bring DOWN the cost. An ounce of Pot costs more than pretty much anything on Earth per weight, even more than gold and more than a ton of corn. The reason being that it's illegal. The black market artificially inflates the price past what it would be in a free market where supply/demand and the advent of mass production would naturally settle it.

Holy crap! You guys have to pay over $1000 for an ounce of weed? :o