Why are black male/white female relationships so much more common than...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
[QUOTE="worthyofnote"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="worthyofnote"] Indeed, and the burden of proof was his alone as it was his original statement that needed the support. However, his statement included relationships as whole, while the source only covers married couples. Saying that his experience is mostly from what he has seen in his high school isn't ample support. Nor would I consider a wikipedia entry that covers inter-racial married couples and divorce rates, but doesn't include non-wedded relationships of inter-racial couples.

I gave a different source stating that black male/white female relationships make up 73% of black/white relationships.

I didn't see that at first, I had to go back to last page. Problem solved. You get a cookie. :P But anyways, what's the deal? Why do you even care? Are you just curious?

I'm mostly curious about it.:P
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] You've got it twisted, most black girls don't find white guys attractive lol.II_Seraphim_II

i think it probably goes both ways.

true that. You guys are at an impass. As for us black males, hey, we don't discriminate. Black, White, Spanish, Puerto Rican, we don't give a damn!

Spanish people are white, dude.

EDIT: Lots of Puerto Ricans have Spanish ancestry, too.

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

One thing that is probably a contributing factor, as obesity tends to be more accepted in males than it it in females:

Obesity by Race/Ethnicity 2006-2008

New Obesity Data Shows Blacks Have the Highest Rates of Obesity

"Blacks had 51 percent higher prevalence of obesity, and Hispanics had 21 percent higher obesity prevalence compared with whites..."

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

If you were to ask a white male if he would go out with a black women he would say it's taboo.

muffincakes87

Honestly, this is the first time I have ever heard or read such a thing. Demystify it for me - why is it considered taboo?

TacticaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TacticaI
Member since 2006 • 1366 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

cause most white guys don't find many black girls attractive.

MaddenBowler10

speak for yourself, man, 9/10 of my celebrity crushes are 50% or more black. I find black women in general very attractive as well

and you speak for yourself as well, cuz i guarantee you the majority of white male will not find black females attractive. nice try tho

Nice try? Majority of white males? Are you speaking for white men of the entire earth now, and that's a guarantee? Wow.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]i think it probably goes both ways.

gamerguru100

true that. You guys are at an impass. As for us black males, hey, we don't discriminate. Black, White, Spanish, Puerto Rican, we don't give a damn!

Not all Spanish people are white, some are mixed blood and I was talking more about diverse cultures, rather than race. Also, having spanish ancestry doesn't make you the same. Everyone on the planet has African ancestry, but is everyone African? Also, they are lyrics from a song...can't remember the name though :(

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SpaceMoose

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

Women are more open about dating any race outside their own then men.

muffincakes87

That doesn't even make sense. If the woman is with someone outside of their "race" then so is the man that she is with...

What I was trying to say is that is doesn't phase women as much as it does men.

If you were to ask a white male if he would go out with a black women he would say it's taboo. If you asked a white female about it she would be more open about it.

You are only looking at it from the perspective of the white people though.

What you said is this: Women are more open about dating any race outside their own than men.

That is not the same thing as: White women are more open about dating any race outside their own than white men.

For every white woman that is with a black man, obviously there is a black man with a white woman. For every woman that is with someone of another race, there is also a man with someone of another race. Essentially you seem to have only looked at it from the perspective of the white people involved...

Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

If you were to ask a white male if he would go out with a black women he would say it's taboo.

entropyecho

Honestly, this is the first time I have ever heard or read such a thing. Demystify it for me - why is it considered taboo?

yeah...first for me too :P
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] true that. You guys are at an impass. As for us black males, hey, we don't discriminate. Black, White, Spanish, Puerto Rican, we don't give a damn!II_Seraphim_II

Not all Spanish people are white, and I was talking more abou diverse cultures, rather than race.

What are these so-called non-white Spanish people you speak of? Spanish people are indigenous to Spain. Spain is in Europe. Europeans are white. Therefore Spanish people are white. Sure, many have tan or brown skin, but that doesn't mean that they're not white.
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

entropyecho

Let's be honest here, from my experice from white males, the majority of them don't find the average black women attractive. Yeah they can say, "Oh Beyonce is fine," but for the most part, it's most likely a white male will never date a black female in their lifetime.

If a white male dates a black female then good for them. There will be people out there who might not be against it, but they will look at them and think, "Don't see that everyday."

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts
I'm mostly curious about it.:P gamerguru100
I doubt you're going to find the true answer on forum boards of a website dedicated to video games. :P If you want to do something about it, go find yourself an attractive and smart black woman and change that ratio up a bit. :lol:
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]I'm mostly curious about it.:P worthyofnote
I doubt you're going to find the true answer on forum boards of a website dedicated to video games. :P If you want to do something about it, go find yourself an attractive and smart black woman and change that ratio up a bit. :lol:

Er...well...I'm 17....and I haven't had a girlfriend yet! :cry: I probably couldn't keep one for even a day. :cry: :(
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"]Spanish people are white, dude.

gamerguru100

Not all Spanish people are white, and I was talking more abou diverse cultures, rather than race.

What are these so-called non-white Spanish people you speak of? Spanish people are indigenous to Spain. Spain is in Europe. Europeans are white. Therefore Spanish people are white. Sure, many have tan or brown skin, but that doesn't mean that they're not white.

Its a good thing we have something called planes and ships and immigration. Americans are decendants of the British, does that mean all Americans are white? Of course not, there are black americans, white americans, asian americans, mixed race americans, etc... Same applies with spain. Remember, being a citizen of spain MAKES YOU SPANISH.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts
[QUOTE="worthyofnote"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"]I'm mostly curious about it.:P gamerguru100

Er...well...I'm 17....and I haven't had a girlfriend yet! :cry: I probably couldn't keep one for even a day. :cry: :(

I see. Don't feel bad. I can't seem to keep them for over a few weeks to a few months.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] Not all Spanish people are white, and I was talking more abou diverse cultures, rather than race.II_Seraphim_II

Its a good thing we have something called planes and ships and immigration. Americans are decendants of the British, does that mean all Americans are white? Of course not, there are black americans, white americans, asian americans, mixed race americans, etc... Same applies with spain. Remember, being a citizen of spain MAKES YOU SPANISH.

Hold up, man. Not ALL Americans are descended from the British. African Americans are descended from slaves. French Americans, for example, are descendants of French immigrants to the U.S. The same goes for many German Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, etc. Asian Americans aren't descended from the British. The British are European, not Asian. You are correct about being about being a citizen of Spain making you Spanish though. I was referring to the ethnic Spaniards, not non-ethnic Spanish immigrants to Spain.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"] That doesn't even make sense. If the woman is with someone outside of their "race" then so is the man that she is with...SpaceMoose

If you were to ask a white male if he would go out with a black women he would say it's taboo. If you asked a white female about it she would be more open about it.

What you said is this: Women are more open about dating any race outside their own than men.

That is not the same thing as: White women are more open about dating any race outside their own than white men.

For every white woman that is with a black man, obviously there is a black man with a white woman. For every woman that is with someone of another race, there is also a man with someone of another race. Essentially you seem to have only looked at it from the perspective of the white people involved...

White women are more open about dating any race outside their own than white men. I know that for every white female dating a black male, there is a black male dating a white female. The point is that women are not as phased about looks then it is with men.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

[QUOTE="entropyecho"]

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

muffincakes87

Let's be honest here, from my experice from white males, the majority of them don't find the average black women attractive. Yeah they can say, "Oh Beyonce is fine," but the for the most part, it's most likely a while male will never date a black female in their lifetime.

If a white male dates a black female then good for them. There will be people out there who might not be against it, but they will look at them and think, "Don't see that everyday."

Is "taboo" really the word you want to use though? The word seems way too strong.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

[QUOTE="entropyecho"]Honestly, this is the first time I have ever heard or read such a thing. Demystify it for me - why is it considered taboo?

entropyecho

Let's be honest here, from my experice from white males, the majority of them don't find the average black women attractive. Yeah they can say, "Oh Beyonce is fine," but the for the most part, it's most likely a while male will never date a black female in their lifetime.

Is "taboo" really the word you want to use though? The word seems way too strong.

Quoted for truth.
hiphopballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 hiphopballer
Member since 2009 • 4059 Posts

lol wtf?! why do u even care

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

Why are black male/white female relationships so much more common than white male/black female ones? At my high school, it's like every other black guy is with a white girl, yet I very rarely see a white guy with a black girl. It's pretty much the same in the whole country (United States).

What gives?

gamerguru100
I'm going to need a citation on that one
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 gamerguru100

lol wtf?! why do u even care

hiphopballer
lol wtf? why did u post in this thread?
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#74 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Why are black male/white female relationships so much more common than white male/black female ones? At my high school, it's like every other black guy is with a white girl, yet I very rarely see a white guy with a black girl. It's pretty much the same in the whole country (United States).

What gives?

gamerguru100
My dad's black and my mom's white. I guess they would be part of the popular category.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

What gives?

xaos
I'm going to need a citation on that one

Go to Page 2. 73% of white/black relationships are between a black male and a white female.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 II_Seraphim_II

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]What are these so-called non-white Spanish people you speak of? Spanish people are indigenous to Spain. Spain is in Europe. Europeans are white. Therefore Spanish people are white. Sure, many have tan or brown skin, but that doesn't mean that they're not white.gamerguru100

Hold up, man. Not ALL Americans are descended from the British. African Americans are descended from slaves. French Americans, for example, are descendants of French immigrants to the U.S. The same goes for many German Americans, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, etc. Asian Americans aren't descended from the British. The British are European, not Asian. You are correct about being about being a citizen of Spain making you Spanish though. I was referring to the ethnic Spaniards, not non-ethnic Spanish immigrants to Spain.

Ah ok. i was just saying cultures because for most people, excluding racist people, what keeps us away from attractive members of different races, or places is culture. We want to be with someone we can relate to. For instance Betty White, nice young caucasian girl from Texas, would probably have nothing in common with Tyrone Black, hip-hop loving, break dancing black male from NY :P
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SpaceMoose

[QUOTE="SpaceMoose"]

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

muffincakes87

White women are more open about dating any race outside their own than white men. I know that for every white female dating a black male, there is a black male dating a white female. The point is that women are not as phased about looks then it is with men.

So the implication then was meant to be that white women are on average better looking, as black men are more willing to date white women than white men are to date black women? Or are you saying that black men are on average more open about the entire concept of dating outside their race than white men are?
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] You've got it twisted, most black girls don't find white guys attractive lol.II_Seraphim_II

i think it probably goes both ways.

QFT! you speak truth, I have dated every single race out there except white girls.....I should look into that :shock:

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
From my general experience there are less attractive looking black girls than white girls and since most men are pretty shallow I would say that explains a bit.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

From my general experience there are less attractive looking black girls than white girls and since most men are pretty shallow I would say that explains a bit. Ace6301
what's "attractive" is a matter of perspective.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

I don't intend this post to be racist, but I think the honest reason you see that is due to the fact that blacks as a whole tend to be very masculine in both physique and mindset. This works well for the men since most women find masculine guys attractive, but it's counterproductive for black women since men tend to like feminine women. Since white girls tend to be more feminine in both body build and personality than black girls, guys tend to prefer white girls over black ones.

I think this is also why you see the opposite effect with Asians. Asians are the most feminine race, which is why Asian females tend to be considered the most attractive by guys whereas Asian men aren't nearly as popular with women as white men or black men.

Again, I'm not trying to be racist here, I'm just stating what I honestly think is the reason between the interracial relationship gap between genders of each race.

gameguy6700
I must agree. I live in NY and have many friends of all races. Im black. Generally, black women tend to be more aggressive. Im not one of these overly macho guys and black girls tend not to find me masculine enough for their tastes. On the other had white females find me very exciting and masculine. It sucks cause I would like all woman to like me but hey I gotta take want i can get.
SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SpaceMoose

This reminds me of that study someone did on online dating sites last year.

Black girls are ignored, Middle Eastern girls are apparently fetish-ized. Kind of interesting.

Bio_Spark

I think what is even more interesting about that chart is that the same race is not the highest rate in any row or column except for one, and that is Indian - Female.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
that isnt necessarily true. i know a few couples where its the opposite
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
I guess it would depend on the state, how much of an exposure and interactions they had with other races while growing up.
DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts
black men are manly and strong thats why i think
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#88 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
Probably because white men usually don't find black women attractive. I'm the same; I don't find black women to be attractive most of the time.
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

[QUOTE="yonaswii08"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]

needled24-7

Dude it's the other way around... Do you consider mexicans white?

nah, i consider them mexican

mexicans are hispanic, not white.

....but I don't get that guys' "other way around" thing. Don't know what he means.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

At my high school, it's like every other black guy is with a white girl, yet I very rarely see a white guy with a black girl. It's pretty much the same in the whole country (United States).

What gives?

entropyecho

How do you know it's the same all over the US?

Most white gals are with white guys in the US BY FAR, guarantee that.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

I can't say for sure...I'm not black or white. :P

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts
I've heard a couple of reasons from white guys I know. One reason is because most black girls are too ghetto for them. Other reason because they feel black women are too high maintenance....
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

II_Seraphim_II

You've got it twisted, most black girls don't find white guys attractive lol.

Nah, black women would go out with good-looking white guys if the guys actually showed interest.

But lets face it, white guys hold most of their interest on white, hispanic, and asian women.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#95 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I love women of all color, bring on the diversity
AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="entropyecho"]

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

muffincakes87

Let's be honest here, from my experice from white males, the majority of them don't find the average black women attractive. Yeah they can say, "Oh Beyonce is fine," but for the most part, it's most likely a white male will never date a black female in their lifetime.

Honestly, at my part-time job at Wegman's on the East Coast, I must say I see as many white male/black female relationships as the reverse. In fact, hot young black gal that works in my dept. there just had a kid with a white guy recently, though apparently he fled the relationship, a shame.

Still, I think in general white guys don't see anything much attractive in most black gals. I've had a chance to date several black gals myself, I just wasn't that interested.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 AFBrat77

[QUOTE="shimmyshnardd"]

black girls are ugly. black guys have big dongs. the end.

supa_badman

As wrong as this sounds, I might just have to agree.

not all black girls are ugly, as far as "dongs", that depends, plenty of white guys with bigger dongs than black guys I'm sure.

But black guys like to perpetuate that anyways.

Hali_Strikes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Hali_Strikes
Member since 2009 • 183 Posts

I actually read somewhere that like 10 percent more black guys date outside their race than black females. I really think it has to do with a feeling of loyalty the females have towards there culture.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

XtianRN
He has answered it for you. :P It's also more common to see an asian female with a white male than it is vice versa. It's the chemistry in it, I suppose.

Pretty much.
WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

mrbojangles25

speak for yourself, man, 9/10 of my celebrity crushes are 50% or more black. I find black women in general very attractive as well

That's the thing, the attractive ones are celebrities... a majority of them anyways.