Why are black male/white female relationships so much more common than...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Why are black male/white female relationships so much more common than white male/black female ones? At my high school, it's like every other black guy is with a white girl, yet I very rarely see a white guy with a black girl. It's pretty much the same in the whole country (United States).

What gives?

tester962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 tester962
Member since 2004 • 2881 Posts

cause most white guys don't find many black girls attractive.

needled24-7

Honestly and this is not meant to be racist I think this is it. You will find examples that defy this like lets say Beyonce to alot of white guys but overall I think this is the main reason. That or black girls do not like white guys =o

Though when we look back to the blockbuster and oscar worthy movie Road Trip, DJ Qualls clearly shows us this whole black girls not attracted to white guys thing to be an untruth.

"It's good."

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

needled24-7

speak for yourself, man, 9/10 of my celebrity crushes are 50% or more black. I find black women in general very attractive as well

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

At my high school, it's like every other black guy is with a white girl, yet I very rarely see a white guy with a black girl. It's pretty much the same in the whole country (United States).

What gives?

gamerguru100

How do you know it's the same all over the US?

yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts

needled24-7
Dude it's the other way around... Do you consider mexicans white?
XtianRN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XtianRN
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

needled24-7
He has answered it for you. :P It's also more common to see an asian female with a white male than it is vice versa. It's the chemistry in it, I suppose.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

yonaswii08

Dude it's the other way around... Do you consider mexicans white?

nah, i consider them mexican

Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

Maybe it's a way of getting back at her dad. I know when I was in HS there were a number of girls that tried real hard to be "getto" and it drove their dads crazy.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

Women are more open about dating any race outside their own then men.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 worthyofnote
Member since 2007 • 21896 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

At my high school, it's like every other black guy is with a white girl, yet I very rarely see a white guy with a black girl. It's pretty much the same in the whole country (United States).

What gives?

entropyecho

Exactly. Where is the numbers to support that statement? Otherwise it's a pretty broad generalization. And if you came into my neighborhood, you would see many inter-racial relationships with numbers generally being equal in regards to gender.
MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#14 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

mrbojangles25

speak for yourself, man, 9/10 of my celebrity crushes are 50% or more black. I find black women in general very attractive as well

and you speak for yourself as well, cuz i guarantee you the majority of white male will not find black females attractive. nice try tho
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

mrbojangles25

yes, celebrity crushes. a lot of black celebrities are attractive (as are a lot of celebrities of any nationality).

despite me finding more white girls i think are attractive than black girls, i think hot black girls are sexier than hot white girls.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Who knows, one of the main mysteries of the universe! Though for some reason I prefer white women and I dunno why.

stupid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 80

#17 stupid4
Member since 2008 • 3695 Posts

I love black women!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="entropyecho"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

What gives?

worthyofnote

Exactly. Where is the numbers to support that statement? Otherwise it's a pretty broad generalization. And if you came into my neighborhood, you would see many inter-racial relationships with numbers generally being equal in regards to gender.

The majority of black/white interracial relationships are with a black male/white female. :|
Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts
well...I'm in the inverse of that. My significant other would have never guessed he'd end up marrying a black female. I think it's mostly due to a difference in interests more than anything else.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

yonaswii08

Dude it's the other way around... Do you consider Mexicans white?

Um...there are white Mexicans. Not all Mexicans are brown-skinned, brown-eyed, black-haired mestizos.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 worthyofnote

I love black women!

stupid4
As do I.
MyNameisaMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MyNameisaMeme
Member since 2009 • 661 Posts

I'm white and I find black girls really attractive. I would definitely date one, but I really don't know how most other white guys feel.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 worthyofnote

[QUOTE="worthyofnote"][QUOTE="entropyecho"]How do you know it's the same all over the US?

gamerguru100

The majority of black/white interracial relationships are with a black male/white female. :|

Stats? Sources?

SpaceMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpaceMoose
Member since 2004 • 10789 Posts

muffincakes87
That doesn't even make sense. If the woman is with someone outside of their "race" then so is the man that she is with...
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamerguru100

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="worthyofnote"] Exactly. Where is the numbers to support that statement? Otherwise it's a pretty broad generalization. And if you came into my neighborhood, you would see many inter-racial relationships with numbers generally being equal in regards to gender. worthyofnote

Stats? Sources?

Source

Happy now?

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
I saw that alot too at my old high school. And it was usually the sluts that were with the black dudes. Coincidence?GTA_dude
I was going to say this, but I'd probably get modded. :P
lostpariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostpariah
Member since 2010 • 587 Posts

Its from wikipedia which means it might not be true, and its also outdated (2006 and 07)

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 worthyofnote

[QUOTE="worthyofnote"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]The majority of black/white interracial relationships are with a black male/white female. :|gamerguru100

Stats? Sources?

Source

Happy now?

I wouldn't necessarily hold wikipedia as a very reliable source, as well as the data itself represented inter-racial marriages. What about those numbers of non-wed inter-racial couples?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

MaddenBowler10

and you speak for yourself as well, cuz i guarantee you the majority of white male will not find black females attractive. nice try tho

sheesh, what did I do to deserve such a lashing? I didnt say I was speaking for anyone but myself. It was needled that made the generalization.

...nice try tho...sheesh

Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts
[QUOTE="GTA_dude"]I saw that alot too at my old high school. And it was usually the sluts that were with the black dudes. Coincidence?Dark__Link

hmm...I wonder why that is? :?
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark__Link

Its from wikipedia which means it might not be true, and its also outdated (2006 and 07)

lostpariah
It's more than anyone else has presented...
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamerguru100

Source

When African-Americans and Whites marry, there is 2.65 times more likely to be an African-American husband and a white wife. In fact, 73 percent of all African-American and White marriages have this setup.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I don't intend this post to be racist, but I think the honest reason you see that is due to the fact that blacks as a whole tend to be very masculine in both physique and mindset. This works well for the men since most women find masculine guys attractive, but it's counterproductive for black women since men tend to like feminine women. Since white girls tend to be more feminine in both body build and personality than black girls, guys tend to prefer white girls over black ones.

I think this is also why you see the opposite effect with Asians. Asians are the most feminine race, which is why Asian females tend to be considered the most attractive by guys whereas Asian men aren't nearly as popular with women as white men or black men.

Again, I'm not trying to be racist here, I'm just stating what I honestly think is the reason between the interracial relationship gap between genders of each race.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 needled24-7

[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

mrbojangles25

sheesh, what did I do to deserve such a lashing? I didnt say I was speaking for anyone but myself. It was needled that made the generalization.

...nice try tho...sheesh

yeah i made the generalization but it's kinda true. usually, white males don't find many black girls attractive, at least that's what i've noticed.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
[QUOTE="GTA_dude"]I saw that alot too at my old high school. And it was usually the sluts that were with the black dudes. Coincidence?Dark__Link

Yeah, I've thought about that possibility lol. But I wanted to give my honest answer to the topic question, so its just a normal contribution, and its not racist. Some girls like to have sex, and some like it more, and sometimes they have a preference. Not saying why they would...
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

needled24-7
You've got it twisted, most black girls don't find white guys attractive lol.
Zwackelzahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zwackelzahn
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
sorry to spoil your weekend but this is utter buuullllcrap! I am white and all I can say: Black girls are hotter, move hotter, dance hotter and are way better in bed! I dont get anything your saying and am sure its the opposite! Once you turn black you never go back! its the truth! black girls are sooooooooo yummy and so pationate! And you guys dont even know what your missing if you have never been with a black girl!!!
ced121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ced121
Member since 2009 • 222 Posts

I'm trying to make a "in soviet Russia" joke out of this..

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

It's true. No matter where i've gone, i have seen many more Blackmale/Whitefemale relationships than Whitemale/Blackfemale relationships. Not much more proof is needed than regular observation. Just go to the mall, you'll see it if you live in a somewhat mixed area. And the answer to the TC's questionis unknown to me. Maybe black males and white females are more willing to branch out that black females and white males.

worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 worthyofnote
[QUOTE="lostpariah"]

Dark__Link

Indeed, and the burden of proof was his alone as it was his original statement that needed the support. However, his statement included relationships as whole, while the source only covers married couples. Saying that his experience is mostly from what he has seen in his high school isn't ample support. Nor would I consider a wikipedia entry that covers inter-racial married couples and divorce rates, but doesn't include non-wedded relationships of inter-racial couples.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Zwackelzahn"]sorry to spoil your weekend but this is utter buuullllcrap! I am white and all I can say: Black girls are hotter, move hotter, dance hotter and are way better in bed! I dont get anything your saying and am sure its the opposite! Once you turn black you never go back! its the truth! black girls are sooooooooo yummy and so pationate! And you guys dont even know what your missing if you have never been with a black girl!!!

Er...okay?
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 needled24-7

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

II_Seraphim_II

i think it probably goes both ways.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamerguru100
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="lostpariah"]

worthyofnote

Indeed, and the burden of proof was his alone as it was his original statement that needed the support. However, his statement included relationships as whole, while the source only covers married couples. Saying that his experience is mostly from what he has seen in his high school isn't ample support. Nor would I consider a wikipedia entry that covers inter-racial married couples and divorce rates, but doesn't include non-wedded relationships of inter-racial couples.

I gave a different source stating that black male/white female relationships make up 73% of black/white relationships.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I would say I havent really been paying attention to something like that I cannot comment or speculate on why this is or if it is at all.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dark__Link
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="GTA_dude"]I saw that alot too at my old high school. And it was usually the sluts that were with the black dudes. Coincidence?GTA_dude

Yeah, I've thought about that possibility lol. But I wanted to give my honest answer to the topic question, so its just a normal contribution, and its not racist. Some girls like to have sex, and some like it more, and sometimes they have a preference. Not saying why they would...

My honest answers have a way of getting deleted. :(
worthyofnote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 worthyofnote

[QUOTE="worthyofnote"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"] It's more than anyone else has presented...gamerguru100

I gave a different source stating that black male/white female relationships make up 73% of black/white relationships.

I didn't see that at first, I had to go back to last page. Problem solved. You get a cookie. :P

But anyways, what's the deal? Why do you even care? Are you just curious?

EDIT: However, this source refers back to marriages. There is no raw data presented for non married couples to support that there may be a different ratio.

GTA_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 GTA_dude
Member since 2004 • 18358 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"][QUOTE="GTA_dude"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"] I was going to say this, but I'd probably get modded. :P

My honest answers have a way of getting deleted. :(

Yeah, mine would too, that's why I didn't continue with it :(
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="needled24-7"]

needled24-7

i think it probably goes both ways.

true that. You guys are at an impass. As for us black males, hey, we don't discriminate. Black, White, Spanish, Puerto Rican, we don't give a damn!
muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

SpaceMoose

That doesn't even make sense. If the woman is with someone outside of their "race" then so is the man that she is with...

What I was trying to say is that is doesn't phase women as much as it does men.

If you were to ask a white male if he would go out with a black women he would say it's taboo. If you asked a white female about it she would be more open about it.