Who is America's greatest ally?

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzureEm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 AzureEm
Member since 2008 • 788 Posts
[QUOTE="AzureEm"]

If war is really barbaric, then why are there war crimes?

VoodooGamer

For genocide which is not war in the formal sense but outright murder.

But then, what about cases like My Lai Massacre?

Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts
I think if you mean "greatest" as in "closest", that would be Israel. With how much money U.S. tax payers send to Israel you would think that it was part of the United States.
redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts
Canada. The U.S. already has a strong economy (for now a least) and military but Canada supplys them with what they really need. Resorces.
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#104 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
I said Canada just because they are next to us. Otherwise I'd say GB
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Britan , were good friends and they owe us for the revolution

next is Canada , their our hat and we can take them off when ever we want .

ps3wizard45
oh, but you can't...this hat comes off when it wants to :twisted:
Shadow_Link50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Shadow_Link50
Member since 2004 • 1853 Posts
[QUOTE="howlrunner13"][QUOTE="jointed"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="markop2003"]

from what i heard we were doing quite well, we simpley gave up, we don't have much of a history of invading countries that fight back

mfacek

You obviously weren't doing that well if you gave up... Although the British were fighting a multi front war

Exactly. Such pointless wars were never in the empire's interests. There's no use in holding a geographical area if it's inhabitants turn out to be disloyal traitors.

:lol: Are you serious? Disloyal traitors? How about the fact that Britian didn't treat us like Englishman and levied heavy taxes on us. Plus they had a large army over here that was supposedly for defensive purposes, and the people were forced to let them in their homes and to provide for them. Don't try and make it seem like Britian is the noble one here. They were greedy. We fought back.

What? Do they even teach history anymore?

The army in America was for AMERICAN DEFENSE. They were to defend the colonies from the French, Indians, AND Spanish. This was right after the French-Indian War, which spawned a world war that England fought for their colonies in America.

These taxes that you speak of? They were to fund the debt England incurred fighting FOR America, and to support their army in America for AMERICAN DEFENSE. The taxes the colonists paid were FAR SMALLER then the taxes paid in England.

Keep in mind, an American is writing this. I think the Revolutionary War WAS justified, but at least know what you are talking about Howlrunner13.

There are always two sides to every story. I agree with your points though, and actually my school in America does teach history suprisingly well. On the other hand, a lot of tension could have been avoided if England had given the colonies representation in Parliament.

N8A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 N8A
Member since 2007 • 18602 Posts
I would have expected GB to be our best ally
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#108 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

There are always two sides to every story. I agree with your points though, and actually my school in America does teach history suprisingly well. On the other hand, a lot of tension could have been avoided if England had given the colonies representation in Parliament.

Shadow_Link50

A lot of people seem to forget when discussing this topic that England's king at the time was quite literally insane. It's mostly the reason why the colonists wanted a separation of powers, and why england moved away from the monarchy and towards a proper government; people finally realised that having one man in charge just because of the family he was born into was pointless, and incredibly dangerous if the person turns out to be a lunatic.

chris_yz80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 chris_yz80
Member since 2004 • 1219 Posts
australia by a mile, our last prime minister spent 3 terms getting his head well aquiainted with your presidents ass, and we feed china who feeds you. SO basically without australia's commodities you would be in a really bad position.
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3wizard45"]

markop2003

i wouldn't say the british people though are such big fans of america, i wouldn't be surprised if a more anti-aamerican pm is elected if there's one on offer

Why don't the british like us? Is it because of that war a few hundred years ago?

RedMarzBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 RedMarzBoy
Member since 2004 • 1298 Posts
I don't know who's the greatest, but they're all important for different reasons.
And @ the people mocking Mexico, go do some research first. Mexico is an ally to the U.S. in many ways. As a great import & export partner, peaceful neighbor(imagine having Venezuela be our neighbor), democratic country and cooperative partner. Yeah there are many things wrong with Mexico, but they are still a key ally to us, there's a reason their stability is beneficial to us.
Snooky_McGoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Snooky_McGoo
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts
china, and im not joking.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#114 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
What about Australia?
postbodetje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 postbodetje
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

Holland

Enosh88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Enosh88
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="ps3wizard45"]

omfg_its_dally

i wouldn't say the british people though are such big fans of america, i wouldn't be surprised if a more anti-aamerican pm is elected if there's one on offer

Why don't the british like us? Is it because of that war a few hundred years ago?

I think it's beacose of the war some 5 years ago

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
I think America thinks it has allys but we only use you for your money, deep down we hate your country and everyone in it. Not my opinion though i am quite fond of you i am talking about the countries governments.
KHfanboy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 KHfanboy2
Member since 2007 • 42258 Posts
I'm gonna say the UK.
snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#120 snakes_codec
Member since 2008 • 2754 Posts
[QUOTE="markop2003"][QUOTE="ps3wizard45"]

omfg_its_dally

we do like you we just don't like the dumb asses you elect to run your country .

snakes_codec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 snakes_codec
Member since 2008 • 2754 Posts

Holland

postbodetje

lmao if you say so .

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#122 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Canada. Practically the same country.
Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
Iran obviously.
diablogamer45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 diablogamer45
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

As an American, I'd have to say Canada. This is not to say that Great Britain or Australia are not great allies, it is the level of dependance. Not Canada's dependance ont he US, but our dependance on each other. To put it simply, if both Canada and Great Britain were invaded, whos aid would America come to first? It is obviously Canada's, simply because we have a vested interest in keeping them soveriegn (we do with Great Britain as well, but you can understand the level difference).

If America was invaded (unlikely scenario aside), who would more readily help us, and be able to help us? I may be taking a long shot guess on this, but i'd have to say Canada. Both countries have a vested interest in keeping the other country as prosperous as possible. Both must defend the other as part of the strategy of defending themselves. Both are so similar that it is easier and less time consuming to list the differences! Both have the largest unfortified open border in the world! This is not to denigrate Great Britain or Australia, both of which are excellent allies, but the level of difference in benefit vs drawbacks of alliance between Canada and the Uk, or Australia are just too different. Hopefully this is understood. Canada and the US must be allies for their own integrity, and I feel the breaking of this would be the first step in the downfall of the US, as well as the living conditions of the Canadians.

Heck you could kind of say America and Canada are bad cop good cop.

America: IM GONNA F@#! YOU UP IF YOU DONT DO AS I SAY!!

Canada (and EU+ Britain really): now now come on, here have an aid package, just stop what you are doing and we can help you out, I dont know how long I can hold him off ok?

Canada, Eu, and Britain are perfectly capable of acting the bad cop with US the good cop etc, but you get the picture.

heh ok rant done.

Dr_Brocoli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Dr_Brocoli
Member since 2007 • 3724 Posts
Well Canada is practically a branch of America LOL except more European so that is my vote. If UK had sex with the States, Canada would be the baby:P
physcodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 physcodemon
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts
canada is bigger and on top
physcodemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 physcodemon
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts

Well Canada is practically a branch of America LOL except more European so that is my vote. If UK had sex with the States, Canada would be the baby:PDr_Brocoli

excuse me? canada is not just like the United States . we are completely differnet in the sence that people want to live here

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

Russia, and China are. Ever go shopping? How much of it says made in China?

The reason I say Russia is because it's good cop bad cop roll. It keeps the Americans in line. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

Russia, and China are. Ever go shopping? How much of it says made in China?

The reason I say Russia is because it's good cop bad cop roll. It keeps the Americans in line. 

EMOEVOLUTION

Just because you buy products from a country doesn't mean that you're allied with them. And Russia is just an old relic. The only allies worth mentioning are Canada, the EU, Japan and Australia. 

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts
Obviously Britain. The UK is America's main link to the EU.
diablogamer45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 diablogamer45

physcodemon: heh actually there is also Alaska so technically canada is not on top, plus, US has the phallus (Florida) :P

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Great Britain imo
Meeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Meeeko
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
Mcdonald's coffee is america's greatest ally.
Avatar image for HookedOnKiLLing
HookedOnKiLLing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 HookedOnKiLLing
Member since 2008 • 293 Posts
WHOS AMERICAS BIGGEST ALLY? THE ANSWER IS CLEAR AMERICA IS !! THERE IS NO OTHER COUNTRY THAT COUNTS BESIDES THE USA FTW! AMERICCAAAAA F*** YAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#136 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts
I would say Mexico because they provide the work force to do the crappy jobs no one else wants to do. And Canada just because Canada is awesome.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Israel without doubt gets great benefits from their friendship with the USA, but I don't think the USA can say the same...

And what's with all the Mexico bashing? I guess since they aren't your allie they can stop fighting the organized crime, change their trading currency to the Euro, withdrawal from the Tlatelolco treaty and join the Moscu-Teheran-Caracas axis. It would be nice to read the posts here when the Russians strategical bombers start to land in the Sonora desert.

Lief_Ericson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Lief_Ericson
Member since 2005 • 7082 Posts
Vatican City because the Pope has secretly used all the money they have been getting to build a Death Star
fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts
Great Brittian
btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#140 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
Great Britain-GP, Israel-Becasue of where they are, Canada-Can't say anything bad about Canada, Japan-Proved themselves over the last 50 year, Mexico-Needs to do better in many areas.
diablogamer45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 diablogamer45

lol loco, mexico tries that and you will see an extremely fortified border with orders to shoot on sight. There will be a revolution in Mexico causing the downfall of whatever government was stupid enough to buddy with the Russsians when they are neighbors to the US (Cuba has/ is payed/ paying the price for this).

well, at least if this was the cold war in any case