What's your favorite Pink Floyd album? And your opinion of Pink Floyd themselves

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RisethNameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 RisethNameless
Member since 2011 • 922 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Worst band in existence

chilly-chill

I agree they are awful. Try some real bands...

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="RisethNameless"]The goodies such as..? Give me examples and I'll let you know what I think of 'emRisethNameless

Ok this one is a very famous one but it's still one of my favourites. I pick it because it's easy accessible maybe but still good.

Alright, I have to agree, that sounds much better than anything Beethoven compossed

What you think so?? Really? That's cool. It's a good piece to start with. It only gets better

RisethNameless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 RisethNameless
Member since 2011 • 922 Posts

[QUOTE="RisethNameless"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

Ok this one is a very famous one but it's still one of my favourites. I pick it because it's easy accessible maybe but still good.

themajormayor

Alright, I have to agree, that sounds much better than anything Beethoven compossed

What you think so?? Really? That's cool. It's a good piece to start with. It only gets better

I'll be sure to have a look around
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Why? Cause they're IRL douchebags, and this is reflected in their music.

Care to provide some examples?
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
The Wall or Animals.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 themajormayor
[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Why? Cause they're IRL douchebags, and this is reflected in their music.

At least one of them is really racist. I don't like racists.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Why? Cause they're IRL douchebags, and this is reflected in their music.themajormayor

You are making the accuasation, provide the proof.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"] Care to provide some examples? WhiteKnight77

Roger Waters wants to destroy the Jews. He said the West Bank barrier and Gaza blockade should be completely ended. It's the same thing as saying "more Jews need to die". He is also a member of one of the most anti-semitic campaigns ever.
the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts

Wish You Were Here, partially on the strength of Welcome To The Machine, but for other other reasons as well

redstorm72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#110 redstorm72
Member since 2008 • 4646 Posts

I've never been a fan of Pink Floyd (in fact, I think they are one of the most overrated bands in history), but if I had to choose, I guess Wish You Were Here would be my least disliked Pink Floyd album.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#111 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

I suppose I'd have to go with 'The Wall' as it figured pretty large when it came out during my high school days and I pretty much played it and played it until my vinyl almost completely wore out...but overall I think they're a stellar band and I enjoy Gilmour's guitar stylings to the degree that I more often than not find myself listening to 'Pulse' as I just love him live.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] At least one of them is really racist. I don't like racists.themajormayor

Roger Waters wants to destroy the Jews. He said the West Bank barrier and Gaza blockade should be completely ended. It's the same thing as saying "more Jews need to die". He is also a member of one of the most anti-semitic campaigns ever.

Provide the proof that Pink Floyd is racist as that is your claim. Roger Waters is no longer with Pink Floyd and hasn't been since the 80's. Waters has also stated that people mistook the imagery used. In fact, there were other symbols like the cross, the hammer and sickle, a crescent and star, a Shell Oil sign and a Mercedes star as well as the Star of David and the dollar sign (I have seen the video in which it is alleged).

A letter to The Independent from RW has this to say:

[quote="Roger Waters"]Dear Sir In a recent news item on Foxnews/online, subsequently abridged in The Evening Standard, Abraham Foxman, head of the ADL, (Anti Defamation League) in the USA , accuses my new production of The Wall and by implication me, of anti-Semitism. A serious charge that demands a response. Had Mr Foxman come to my show before passing judgement and commenting publicly he might, I hope, have held his peace, as there is no anti Semitism in The Wall Show. The song to which he refers, Good Bye Blue Sky, describes how ordinary people, military and civilians alike, suffer trauma in the aftermath of war. The visuals that accompany the song show waves of B52 bombers dropping various symbols from bomb bays on a war ravaged landscape. The symbols are: in no particular order, a Crucifix, a Hammer and Sickle, a Star of David, A Crescent and Star, a Mercedes sign , a Dollar sign, and a Shell Oil sign. Mr Foxman's concern was that potentially the juxtoposition of a Star of David and a Dollar sign might incite hatred of Jews. Contrary to Mr Foxman's assertion, there are no hidden meanings in the order or juxtaposition of these symbols. The point I am trying to make in the song is that the bombardment we are all subject to by conflicting religious, political, and economic ideologies only encourages us to turn against one another, and I mourn the concommitant loss of life. In so far as The Wall has a political message it is to seek to illuminate our condition, and find new ways to encourage peace and understanding, particularly in the Middle East . Incidentally, being from England, I had never heard of the ADL until today, but I have googled them and I see from their mission statement of 1913 that their brief is not only to defend the Jewish people from defamation, but also, and I quote, " to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens". Perhaps we should all focus on that lofty ideal and stop cowering in our corners throwing stones at one another. Roger Waters

Again, provide proof that Pink Floyd is racist.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

WhiteKnight77

Provide the proof that Pink Floyd is racist as that is your claim. Roger Waters is no longer with Pink Floyd and hasn't been since the 80's. Waters has also stated that people mistook the imagery used. In fact, there were other symbols like the cross, the hammer and sickle, a crescent and star, a Shell Oil sign and a Mercedes star as well as the Star of David and the dollar sign (I have seen the video in which it is alleged).

Dear Sir In a recent news item on Foxnews/online, subsequently abridged in The Evening Standard, Abraham Foxman, head of the ADL, (Anti Defamation League) in the USA , accuses my new production of The Wall and by implication me, of anti-Semitism. A serious charge that demands a response. Had Mr Foxman come to my show before passing judgement and commenting publicly he might, I hope, have held his peace, as there is no anti Semitism in The Wall Show. The song to which he refers, Good Bye Blue Sky, describes how ordinary people, military and civilians alike, suffer trauma in the aftermath of war. The visuals that accompany the song show waves of B52 bombers dropping various symbols from bomb bays on a war ravaged landscape. The symbols are: in no particular order, a Crucifix, a Hammer and Sickle, a Star of David, A Crescent and Star, a Mercedes sign , a Dollar sign, and a Shell Oil sign. Mr Foxman's concern was that potentially the juxtoposition of a Star of David and a Dollar sign might incite hatred of Jews. Contrary to Mr Foxman's assertion, there are no hidden meanings in the order or juxtaposition of these symbols. The point I am trying to make in the song is that the bombardment we are all subject to by conflicting religious, political, and economic ideologies only encourages us to turn against one another, and I mourn the concommitant loss of life. In so far as The Wall has a political message it is to seek to illuminate our condition, and find new ways to encourage peace and understanding, particularly in the Middle East . Incidentally, being from England, I had never heard of the ADL until today, but I have googled them and I see from their mission statement of 1913 that their brief is not only to defend the Jewish people from defamation, but also, and I quote, " to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens". Perhaps we should all focus on that lofty ideal and stop cowering in our corners throwing stones at one another. Roger WatersRoger Waters

Did you even read my post? I wasn't talking about any video.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]Roger Waters wants to destroy the Jews. He said the West Bank barrier and Gaza blockade should be completely ended. It's the same thing as saying "more Jews need to die". He is also a member of one of the most anti-semitic campaigns ever.themajormayor

Dear Sir In a recent news item on Foxnews/online, subsequently abridged in The Evening Standard, Abraham Foxman, head of the ADL, (Anti Defamation League) in the USA , accuses my new production of The Wall and by implication me, of anti-Semitism. A serious charge that demands a response. Had Mr Foxman come to my show before passing judgement and commenting publicly he might, I hope, have held his peace, as there is no anti Semitism in The Wall Show. The song to which he refers, Good Bye Blue Sky, describes how ordinary people, military and civilians alike, suffer trauma in the aftermath of war. The visuals that accompany the song show waves of B52 bombers dropping various symbols from bomb bays on a war ravaged landscape. The symbols are: in no particular order, a Crucifix, a Hammer and Sickle, a Star of David, A Crescent and Star, a Mercedes sign , a Dollar sign, and a Shell Oil sign. Mr Foxman's concern was that potentially the juxtoposition of a Star of David and a Dollar sign might incite hatred of Jews. Contrary to Mr Foxman's assertion, there are no hidden meanings in the order or juxtaposition of these symbols. The point I am trying to make in the song is that the bombardment we are all subject to by conflicting religious, political, and economic ideologies only encourages us to turn against one another, and I mourn the concommitant loss of life. In so far as The Wall has a political message it is to seek to illuminate our condition, and find new ways to encourage peace and understanding, particularly in the Middle East . Incidentally, being from England, I had never heard of the ADL until today, but I have googled them and I see from their mission statement of 1913 that their brief is not only to defend the Jewish people from defamation, but also, and I quote, " to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens". Perhaps we should all focus on that lofty ideal and stop cowering in our corners throwing stones at one another. Roger WatersRoger Waters

Of course I read your post. You stated that PF is racist. Show me, and everyone else here, where PF is racist. That is your original claim. I pointed out a video where the ADL made claims about a former member of PF. I even posted his rebuttal about said claim. That still does not mean either he or Pink Floyd is racist. Provide the proof with a link to something that shows Pink Floyd is racist per your claim.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[quote="Roger Waters"]Dear Sir In a recent news item on Foxnews/online, subsequently abridged in The Evening Standard, Abraham Foxman, head of the ADL, (Anti Defamation League) in the USA , accuses my new production of The Wall and by implication me, of anti-Semitism. A serious charge that demands a response. Had Mr Foxman come to my show before passing judgement and commenting publicly he might, I hope, have held his peace, as there is no anti Semitism in The Wall Show. The song to which he refers, Good Bye Blue Sky, describes how ordinary people, military and civilians alike, suffer trauma in the aftermath of war. The visuals that accompany the song show waves of B52 bombers dropping various symbols from bomb bays on a war ravaged landscape. The symbols are: in no particular order, a Crucifix, a Hammer and Sickle, a Star of David, A Crescent and Star, a Mercedes sign , a Dollar sign, and a Shell Oil sign. Mr Foxman's concern was that potentially the juxtoposition of a Star of David and a Dollar sign might incite hatred of Jews. Contrary to Mr Foxman's assertion, there are no hidden meanings in the order or juxtaposition of these symbols. The point I am trying to make in the song is that the bombardment we are all subject to by conflicting religious, political, and economic ideologies only encourages us to turn against one another, and I mourn the concommitant loss of life. In so far as The Wall has a political message it is to seek to illuminate our condition, and find new ways to encourage peace and understanding, particularly in the Middle East . Incidentally, being from England, I had never heard of the ADL until today, but I have googled them and I see from their mission statement of 1913 that their brief is not only to defend the Jewish people from defamation, but also, and I quote, " to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens". Perhaps we should all focus on that lofty ideal and stop cowering in our corners throwing stones at one another. Roger WatersWhiteKnight77

Of course I read your post. You stated that PF is racist. Show me, and everyone else here, where PF is racist. That is your original claim. I pointed out a video where the ADL made claims about a former member of PF. I even posted his rebuttal about said claim. That still does not mean either he or Pink Floyd is racist. Provide the proof with a link to something that shows Pink Floyd is racist per your claim.

ADLs claim is not my claim. This is where I got all the facts from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters#Activism
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="themajormayor"] ADLs claim is not my claim. This is where I got all the facts from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters#Activism

Then you are wrong as I stated previously. Roger Waters is no longer a part of Pink Floyd so your claim of racism on Pink Floyd's part is a strawman.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 themajormayor
[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] ADLs claim is not my claim. This is where I got all the facts from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Waters#Activism

Then you are wrong as I stated previously. Roger Waters is no longer a part of Pink Floyd so your claim of racism on Pink Floyd's part is a strawman.

Roger Waters is still racist. But I thought Pink Floyd didn't exist anymore. So they were racist when Roger Waters was member but then stopped when he left?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 WhiteKnight77
Roger Waters left Pink Floyd in 1985, long before he made any misconstrued comments or had a video showing a multiple symbols being dropped from bombers in a video shown during concert of his during a song. I even quoted a letter with him talking about those very symbols and how ADL misconstrued them. Something I am sure Wikipedia is also missing. Oh, Pink Floyd still exists to an extent. But with the death of keyboardist Richard Wright, I do not think we will see PF create another album or tour again. And no, PF wasn't racist just because a former member seems to have made alleged racists videos or comments.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 themajormayor
Roger Waters left Pink Floyd in 1985, long before he made any misconstrued comments or had a video showing a multiple symbols being dropped from bombers in a video shown during concert of his during a song. I even quoted a letter with him talking about those very symbols and how ADL misconstrued them. Something I am sure Wikipedia is also missing.WhiteKnight77
Ok then. HE is still racist though.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]Roger Waters left Pink Floyd in 1985, long before he made any misconstrued comments or had a video showing a multiple symbols being dropped from bombers in a video shown during concert of his during a song. I even quoted a letter with him talking about those very symbols and how ADL misconstrued them. Something I am sure Wikipedia is also missing.themajormayor

Only you seem to think he is racist. No one else.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]Roger Waters left Pink Floyd in 1985, long before he made any misconstrued comments or had a video showing a multiple symbols being dropped from bombers in a video shown during concert of his during a song. I even quoted a letter with him talking about those very symbols and how ADL misconstrued them. Something I am sure Wikipedia is also missing.WhiteKnight77

Only you seem to think he is racist. No onwell e else.

No one else? How about the like the biggest organization agains anti-semitism? U don't have to agree with them but it's ridiculous to say no on else.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Ok then. HE is still racist though.themajormayor

Only you seem to think he is racist. No onwell e else.

No one else? How about the like the biggest organization agains anti-semitism? U don't have to agree with them but it's ridiculous to say no on else.

That is due to their misinterpretation of a very short clip of a larger video that they disregarded and he stated as much. Read the letter that he wrote that I included above. He admits to have never to have heard of the ADL until they made the claims, and I can see it as the ADL only exists in 4 countries and England isn't one of them.
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Favorite album is Animals. Opinion they're alright. Not my favorite.
Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Man....my (soon to be) brother in law would have a field day in this thread...

I'll just say Dark Side of The Moon since it's the only one I know of.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Anti-semitism isn't racism... it's anti-semitism.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 themajormayor
[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"] Only you seem to think he is racist. No onwell e else.WhiteKnight77

That is due to their misinterpretation of a very short clip of a larger video that they disregarded and he stated as much. Read the letter that he wrote that I included above. He admits to have never to have heard of the ADL until they made the claims, and I can see it as the ADL only exists in 4 countries and England isn't one of them.

This has nothing to do with it. I never made those claims. But they did and you said NO ONE else do. And they clearly do. Now he clearly does have anti-semitic opinions or is extremely ignorant. But the latter seems unlikely considering he spends much time with this issue.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 themajormayor

Ilovegames1992
Well yes it is a form of racism.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 WhiteKnight77
[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"][QUOTE="themajormayor"]No one else? How about the like the biggest organization agains anti-semitism? U don't have to agree with them but it's ridiculous to say no on else.themajormayor

This has nothing to do with it. I never made those claims. But they did and you said NO ONE else do. And they clearly do. Now he clearly does have anti-semitic opinions or is extremely ignorant. But the latter seems unlikely considering he spends much time with this issue.

I stated that outside of ADL, no one else appears to care what ADL thought of what was meant by the symbols shown in the video seen in the above mentioned concert or words to that effect.

I also told you that I watched the video in question and saw multiple symbols and that it just so happened that the dollar sign followed the Star of David. The video could most certainly have used the symbol for the British Pound or the Euro or the Yen for that matter. They could have been in a different order.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

themajormayor

I could be Jewish if i wanted to though.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I once dreamt with me starting a revolution and singing «The Wall» with all the students at college. That's how I love Pink Floyd.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"] That is due to their misinterpretation of a very short clip of a larger video that they disregarded and he stated as much. Read the letter that he wrote that I included above. He admits to have never to have heard of the ADL until they made the claims, and I can see it as the ADL only exists in 4 countries and England isn't one of them.WhiteKnight77

I stated that outside of ADL, no one else appears to care what ADL thought of what was meant by the symbols shown in the video seen in the above mentioned concert or words to that effect.

I also told you that I watched the video in question and saw multiple symbols and that it just so happened that the dollar sign followed the Star of David. The video could most certainly have used the symbol for the British Pound or the Euro or the Yen for that matter. They could have been in a different order.

Well of course who else cares about anti-semitism? But I can assure you most Jews who would read about his opinion would think he is anti-semitic.

And I also told you many times that this was not my claim. I don't think this video is racist at all, I've said so many times. I think it's "racist" against religion though. Whatever that word is. But that's not the point.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Well are you ready to sacrifice your foreskin? I know I'm not
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Well yes it is a form of racism.themajormayor

Well what has foreskin got to do with race? Weird.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 themajormayor

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Well what has foreskin got to do with race? Weird.

You can be accepted into the Jewish nation by removing your foreskin and sh*t like that-
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#135 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

TDSoTM has to be the best for me. I think they are one of the better artists of our time

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Darkside of the Moon, ****ing brilliant.
cysf661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 cysf661
Member since 2002 • 6599 Posts
I've only heard echoes lol. On what album is that song in?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 WhiteKnight77
I've only heard echoes lol. On what album is that song in?cysf661
Meddle and yes, it is an excellent tune.