what religion do you follow

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Himmel
Member since 2002 • 5389 Posts
Would atheism even be considered a religion?

"re·li·gion
n.
  1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe."

I don't see how belief in nothing can be considered a "belief" in something, per say.

sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sublime5343
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
Would atheism even be considered a religion?

"re·li·gion
n.
  1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe."

I don't see how belief in nothing can be considered a "belief" in something, per say.

Himmel

You know what we're talking about so stop trying to sound intellectual and just answer the stupid question.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Himmel
[QUOTE="Himmel"] Would atheism even be considered a religion?

"re·li·gion
n.

sublime5343

You know what we're talking about so stop trying to sound intellectual and just answer the stupid question.

This is a completely logical question, is it not?
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#54 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
My Religion.. set your own rules and boundarys
Foensson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Foensson
Member since 2005 • 802 Posts
Christian
CanadianNooB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#56 CanadianNooB
Member since 2005 • 16168 Posts

"re·li·gion
n.

sublime5343

:|

As for myself- none.

Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Patchi
Member since 2004 • 14332 Posts

sublime5343

Did the sand up your ass just turn into glass, or what? : |

Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Patchi

I don`t believe in any religions, Budhism is a great religion but I can`t live up to that religion.

wunderstake

I agree, many religions provide for a really solid and moral way of life.  It's too bad people label themselves as part of a religion when they don't even follow its ideals.  If they did, the world could be a happy place where everyone holds hands and dance under the rainbows.

TheDarthvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59 TheDarthvader
Member since 2002 • 7916 Posts

"re·li·gion
n.

sublime5343

We have a new character at Off-Topic, like we didnt have enough before?
Avatar image for TransparentFire
TransparentFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#61 TransparentFire
Member since 2005 • 14437 Posts
I don't  follow any
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Himmel
[QUOTE="wunderstake"]

I don`t believe in any religions, Budhism is a great religion but I can`t live up to that religion.

Patchi

I agree, many religions provide for a really solid and moral way of life. It's too bad people label themselves as part of a religion when they don't even follow its ideals. If they did, the world could be a happy place where everyone holds hands and dance under the rainbows.

To hate is human nature. Not even religion can justify that, nor mask it.

The most zealous Christian can still snap and break your neck.
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sublime5343
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
[QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] Would atheism even be considered a religion?

"re·li·gion
n.

TheDarthvader

We have a new character at Off-Topic, like we didnt have enough before?

and who's that?

Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Patchi
[QUOTE="Patchi"][QUOTE="wunderstake"]

Himmel

I agree, many religions provide for a really solid and moral way of life. It's too bad people label themselves as part of a religion when they don't even follow its ideals. If they did, the world could be a happy place where everyone holds hands and dance under the rainbows.

I realize that.  What's your point?

I'm only saying that it would be nice if people lived by the morals they say they do.

Mercury88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Mercury88
Member since 2005 • 5674 Posts
I follow my own path,
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
Agnosticism
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
Well I'm an Atheist/Nihilist (for those who dont know Atheism just means not believing in god...you can still believe in ghosts and stuff. I recently found Nihilism which i believe means you believe in nothing supernnatural, its also definedas believeing life is pointless, but i think the dictionary was written by a christian so i think there can still be a point to life without any supernatural.

:) if im wrong about nihilism let my know asap please
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#68 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
none.
Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Patchi

Well I'm an Atheist/Nihilist (for those who dont know Atheism just means not believing in god...you can still believe in ghosts and stuff. I recently found Nihilism which i believe means you believe in nothing supernnatural, its also definedas believeing life is pointless, but i think the dictionary was written by a christian so i think there can still be a point to life without any supernatural.

DrummerJon

Nihilism also questions the basis of real truths in our world.

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 TanKLoveR
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Im ''catholic'' but i havnt go to church in like 6 years.
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DrummerJon

[QUOTE="DrummerJon"]Well I'm an Atheist/Nihilist (for those who dont know Atheism just means not believing in god...you can still believe in ghosts and stuff. I recently found Nihilism which i believe means you believe in nothing supernnatural, its also definedas believeing life is pointless, but i think the dictionary was written by a christian so i think there can still be a point to life without any supernatural.

Patchi

really? damn i hate webster. alright so im somewhere between atheism and nihilism.
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Himmel
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="Patchi"][QUOTE="wunderstake"]

Patchi

I realize that. What's your point?

I'm only saying that it would be nice if people lived by the morals they say they do.

My point is that a lot of them try to, but they can't.

We run on instinct.

If the right moment strikes, we throw 3000 years of knowledge away and turn into poo-flinging monkeys.
Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Patchi
[QUOTE="Patchi"]

[QUOTE="DrummerJon"]Well I'm an Atheist/Nihilist (for those who dont know Atheism just means not believing in god...you can still believe in ghosts and stuff. I recently found Nihilism which i believe means you believe in nothing supernnatural, its also definedas believeing life is pointless, but i think the dictionary was written by a christian so i think there can still be a point to life without any supernatural.

DrummerJon

really? damn i hate webster. alright so im somewhere between atheism and nihilism.

It doesn't say that in Webster?

Come to think of it, Nihilism well describes my philosophies.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Himmel

Actually...

I believe that's called Emo..
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DrummerJon
[QUOTE="DrummerJon"] [QUOTE="Patchi"]

Patchi

It doesn't say that in Webster?

Come to think of it, Nihilism well describes my philosophies.

I might not have read the whole thing to be completly honest, but i gonna check again. I think i'll do more research on nihilism, because it might be what i believe.
Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Patchi

Himmel

Actually...

Believing that life has no meaning is not emo.  The problem is that the phrase "life has no point" has such a depressing connotation to it.  I believe this, and it's not like I wallow in my own pity trying to figure out why my life has no point, not at all.  I just think it's absurd to think so highly of the human race that we should think we have a distinct purpose in the universe.  When I say life has no point, I mean the existence of man, not my life specifically.

Avatar image for nintendogamer19
nintendogamer19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nintendogamer19
Member since 2006 • 4676 Posts
i guess agnostic, i really dont know what i beleive
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#78 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
im a renagade.
Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Patchi

i guess agnostic, i really dont know what i beleivenintendogamer19

Agnosticism isn't really that you're undecided, rather that you don't think it's possible to know whether god exists, and that it's probably impossible to prove.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Himmel

[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="DrummerJon"]Well I'm an Atheist/Nihilist (for those who dont know Atheism just means not believing in god...you can still believe in ghosts and stuff. I recently found Nihilism which i believe means you believe in nothing supernnatural, its also definedas believeing life is pointless, but i think the dictionary was written by a christian so i think there can still be a point to life without any supernatural.

Patchi

Actually...

Believing that life has no meaning is not emo. The problem is that the phrase "life has no point" has such a depressing connotation to it. I believe this, and it's not like I wallow in my own pity trying to figure out why my life has no point, not at all. I just think it's absurd to think so highly of the human race that we should think we have a distinct purpose in the universe. When I say life has no point, I mean the existence of man, not my life specifically.

Then you're slipknotted panties are waiting for you, dude.

It's tough to take all that crap seriously when you spend as much time out in the public as I do. Bad or good, people create a lot of cool things. Even if some of those things are one's self sense of non-satisfactory.
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendogamer19"]i guess agnostic, i really dont know what i beleivePatchi

Agnosticism isn't really that you're undecided, rather that you don't think it's possible to know whether god exists, and that it's probably impossible to prove.

Theres different kinds of Agnosticism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism Undecided is a Weak Agnostic.
JthRedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JthRedDragon
Member since 2003 • 1814 Posts
[QUOTE="Patchi"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="Patchi"][QUOTE="wunderstake"]

Himmel

I realize that. What's your point?

My point is that a lot of them try to, but they can't.

We run on instinct.

If the right moment strikes, we throw 3000 years of knowledge away and turn into poo-flinging monkeys.

Not everyone, I think many people have complete control over their primal instincts.  They still have them, but they're under control.  That and going by the previous quote saying he wishes people would act by the morals they claim to, I think many of those people willingly choose not to control those feelings. 

Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Patchi
[QUOTE="Patchi"]

[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="DrummerJon"]Well I'm an Atheist/Nihilist (for those who dont know Atheism just means not believing in god...you can still believe in ghosts and stuff. I recently found Nihilism which i believe means you believe in nothing supernnatural, its also definedas believeing life is pointless, but i think the dictionary was written by a christian so i think there can still be a point to life without any supernatural.

Himmel

Actually...

Believing that life has no meaning is not emo. The problem is that the phrase "life has no point" has such a depressing connotation to it. I believe this, and it's not like I wallow in my own pity trying to figure out why my life has no point, not at all. I just think it's absurd to think so highly of the human race that we should think we have a distinct purpose in the universe. When I say life has no point, I mean the existence of man, not my life specifically.

It's tough to take all that crap seriously when you spend as much time out in the public as I do. Bad or good, people create a lot of cool things. Even if some of those things are one's self sense of non-satisfactory.

Then you and I have completely different definitions of what a "meaning" or "point" to life is.  Which is fine, this happens a lot since the actual definition is so variable and vague, just don't be a dick about it.  For the record, I hate emo music and the style definitely doesn't suit my tastes.

Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Patchi
[QUOTE="Patchi"]

[QUOTE="nintendogamer19"]i guess agnostic, i really dont know what i beleivewrlyy

Theres different kinds of Agnosticism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism Undecided is a Weak Agnostic.

Ah.  I stand corrected.  Thanks.

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DrummerJon
[QUOTE="Himmel"]

Patchi

Actually...

i think i agree with him. patchi
like humans have no real reason for being existant, its just chance and pointless. However life can still be enjoyed and you can find personal reasons for life. My reason is for family and friends. I replaced my love of God with love of friends when i lost faith. So that what i live for, the people who make me happy.
i dont want the world to end and i dont want to kill myself...its just that if humans did die/never existed it wouldnt matter. We are just lucky we did end up existing.
Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Patchi
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="Patchi"]

DrummerJon

Actually...

i think i agree with him. patchi
like humans have no real reason for being existant, its just chance and pointless. However life can still be enjoyed and you can find personal reasons for life. My reason is for family and friends. I replaced my love of God with love of friends when i lost faith. So that what i live for, the people who make me happy.
i dont want the world to end and i dont want to kill myself...its just that if humans did die/never existed it wouldnt matter. We are just lucky we did end up existing.

Did I ever say life cannot be enjoyed?  Of course not.  I, and everyone who enjoys the middle-to-high class priviliges of internet access, should realize that they've enjoyed at least some parts of life and "have it good".

I said life has no meaning, not life has no joy.

SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
dont have one :), religion is for noobs
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Himmel
[QUOTE="DrummerJon"] [QUOTE="Himmel"]

Patchi

Actually...

well i cant speak for pathci but i think i agree with him.

Too many people expect something to only the credible if it breaks a boundry or starts a movement. As insignificant as most people, or their lives may seem, they are required for certain things to work. A small effort can equal a big result. A guy who does nothing but smelt platics can be destined to make the casing for the worlds first nuclear weapon. He did his part, however small it may be.

You say you live your life for your family and friends, I totally respect that. Don't go on saying your existence is completely pointles, because.... well.... that's POINTLESS. Everyone does something, that changes something, that changes something, that changes SOMETHING.

I guess all I can say is, "Everything is positive until you say otherwise."
Patchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Patchi
I don't like repeating myself, but I'll do it when I want someone to realize my points.  When I say "life has no point", I use the term "life" to refer to human existence, which is a much more general term than an individual's life.  An individual's life can have "purpose" within a community, but the human race as an entity does not serve a clear purpose in the universe, as I see it.
marco_basaglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 marco_basaglia
Member since 2004 • 1697 Posts
Cathlic or something :P
minimosher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 minimosher13
Member since 2005 • 2993 Posts
[QUOTE="marco_basaglia"]Cathlic or something :P

you mean catholic?
kronikaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kronikaid
Member since 2003 • 992 Posts
Agnostic consumerism.
johnnyv2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#93 johnnyv2003
Member since 2003 • 13762 Posts
i follow the religion of love
noidisdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 noidisdead
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts
I suppose I'm a Catholic with Buddhist beliefs.
minimosher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 minimosher13
Member since 2005 • 2993 Posts
I'm atheist
shoes742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 shoes742
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="shoes742"] [QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="shoes742"]
atheism, but I might become a scientologistCrysallimir

Scientology is all bull....the creator was a Sci-Fi book Writer and he was very paranoid if you believe in Scientology then you deserved to be killed for your crazy beliefs.....and also for all the other people who said Christian....Christianity is not a religion, you can't stick a sticky note on your head saying that you were baptized a Christian....you become a Christian over time if you follow the ways of god

Although I don't quite follow Scientology, I find it rude and disrespectful to say someone's beliefs are complete bull.

Christianity is belief in christ, aka a religion. A way of life. A belief.

To be baptized is to attone for your sins and accept Christ into your life.

...kinda like selling your sell to the devil, but in a good way.

About the scientology stuff....I'm just speaking my mind...Scientologists believe that a evil alien overlord captured a bunch of aliens and dropped them into a volcano and brain washed them then the spirits of the dead aliens attached themselves to humans AKA us and were brain washed into believing in God and other religious icons and this is what scientologists actually believe....sounds like a bunch of bull to me

Okay... first off.... I don't know you, and it's not my nature to judge, but you're pretty stupid.

I don't know what South Park episode you watched or Mad Magazine you read that stated all that crap, but Scientology is a belief that focuses on human mental health. They're a "non-profit" organization that rehabilitates the human mental being and stability. Their basis of belief is on phychology, not Science-Fiction.

.... about that stuff about you being stupid... I'm just "speaking my mind."

....not too positive, isn't it?

shoes742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 shoes742
Member since 2005 • 1094 Posts
[QUOTE="shoes742"] [QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="shoes742"] [QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="shoes742"]
atheism, but I might become a scientologistCrysallimir

Scientology is all bull....the creator was a Sci-Fi book Writer and he was very paranoid if you believe in Scientology then you deserved to be killed for your crazy beliefs.....and also for all the other people who said Christian....Christianity is not a religion, you can't stick a sticky note on your head saying that you were baptized a Christian....you become a Christian over time if you follow the ways of god

Although I don't quite follow Scientology, I find it rude and disrespectful to say someone's beliefs are complete bull.

Christianity is belief in christ, aka a religion. A way of life. A belief.

To be baptized is to attone for your sins and accept Christ into your life.

...kinda like selling your sell to the devil, but in a good way.

About the scientology stuff....I'm just speaking my mind...Scientologists believe that a evil alien overlord captured a bunch of aliens and dropped them into a volcano and brain washed them then the spirits of the dead aliens attached themselves to humans AKA us and were brain washed into believing in God and other religious icons and this is what scientologists actually believe....sounds like a bunch of bull to me

Okay... first off.... I don't know you, and it's not my nature to judge, but you're pretty stupid.

I don't know what South Park episode you watched or Mad Magazine you read that stated all that crap, but Scientology is a belief that focuses on human mental health. They're a "non-profit" organization that rehabilitates the human mental being and stability. Their basis of belief is on phychology, not Science-Fiction.

.... about that stuff about you being stupid... I'm just "speaking my mind."

....not too positive, isn't it?

Oops I didn't type anything in and I pressed sumbit...anyways I have never actually ever read a single mad magazine in my life and nor have I seen whatever South Park episode you're talking about I heard it from YOUR A F76U9808C980K87I78N89G  MORON on Newgrounds and L. Ron Hubbard was a fricken Sci-Fi writer so of course he believe in Aliens and he was Paranoid...the dumbass and also I heard about it from Wikipedia the most reliable source for information
SOLIDUS_SNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98 SOLIDUS_SNK
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
catholic
helluvagood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points