What is your favorite Star Wars film?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yomanjdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#201 yomanjdf
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts

the third (the last)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]oldie - return of the jedi newie - phantom menace overall - cannot...decide... rotj had ewoks but phantom had anakin/padme.... both horrible partsTheShadowLord07

tbh honest i never see the ewoks to be bad. why do people hate them so much?

it was just lame imo... just filler till the good bits came.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Don't be silly. Valve will never release Episode 3.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#204 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]oldie - return of the jedi newie - phantom menace overall - cannot...decide... rotj had ewoks but phantom had anakin/padme.... both horrible partsTheShadowLord07

tbh honest i never see the ewoks to be bad. why do people hate them so much?

I always thought they were awesome, something about furballs kicking ass seems cool.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#205 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

Yes, tolerated. The dialogue in them is a horrid as it gets. Most people don't notice it though due to the nostalgia associated with the trilogy. They would be laughed as much as the prequels if they were released during today's cinema scene. The prequels were only trying to imitate the the originals. That's why they can be so cringe-worthy at times.

Palantas

So...you mean tolerated by you? I see nitpicks here, nothing that would detract from Star Warsbeing thestillmost beloved trilogies of all time, even by modern audiences. Most people do not "tolerate" Star Wars; your statement is a canard.

That's exactly my point. The original trilogy is a landmark in cinematic history. It's cla$$ic. Which is exactly why the horrid dialogue is mostly ignored. Plus they came out during a time when that sort of thing was expected from sci-fi. You know what would happen if you brought those movies out today with current visuals? The prequels. That's what would happen. The prequel trilogy is a victim of the times, and of it's predecessors. Both are separated only by different standards. Other than that, the criticisms of the prequels can be applied equally to the originals.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 mitu123

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

Yes, tolerated. The dialogue in them is a horrid as it gets. Most people don't notice it though due to the nostalgia associated with the trilogy. They would be laughed as much as the prequels if they were released during today's cinema scene. The prequels were only trying to imitate the the originals. That's why they can be so cringe-worthy at times.

KH-mixerX

So...you mean tolerated by you? I see nitpicks here, nothing that would detract from Star Warsbeing thestillmost beloved trilogies of all time, even by modern audiences. Most people do not "tolerate" Star Wars; your statement is a canard.

That's exactly my point. The original trilogy is a landmark in cinematic history. It's cla$$ic. Which is exactly why the horrid dialogue is mostly ignored. Plus they came out during a time when that sort of thing was expected from sci-fi. You know what would happen if you brought those movies out today with current visuals? The prequels. That's what would happen. The prequel trilogy is a victim of the times, and of it's predecessors. Both are separated only by different standards. Other than that, the criticisms of the prequels can be applied equally to the originals.

Either way the prequels should had done better than that, this isn't the 70s-80s, they should had known better.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#207 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

KH-mixerX

None of this addresses my rebuttal. The original trilogy is not "tolerated" by anyone except you and a few others. Most people today still like them. The end.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#208 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

Mine is the empire strikes back. "Luke i am Your father"

i could watch it forever

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#209 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
Episode III I believe
X-The-Doctor-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#210 X-The-Doctor-X
Member since 2010 • 1268 Posts

Return of the Jedi- I thought it was pretty great. I Liked Episode one though too, because of Darth Maul and I like Jar Jar (Even though I know people find him a humiliation) Also it was interesting how they showed Anikans Origions

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#211 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="Palantas"]

mitu123

Either way the prequels should had done better than that, this isn't the 70s-80s, they should had known better.

They were trying to keep a persistent tone throughout the series. That's how I see it at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts

Don't be silly. Valve will never release Episode 3.

Am_Confucius

Then we must use dire measures.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

KH-mixerX

They were trying to keep a persistent tone throughout the series. That's how I see it at least.

Which isn't a good thing.:P

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

empire by a mile.

PunkAntiHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 PunkAntiHero
Member since 2011 • 628 Posts
Some reason Revenge of the Sith is one of my favorite Star Wars films.
Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I never like Star Wars. I've always thought it was pretty ***

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#218 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

The Empire Strikes Back

Avatar image for jediknight52501
jediknight52501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#219 jediknight52501
Member since 2005 • 69715 Posts
Empire Strikes Back.
Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts
Star Wars: Ep VI, I, V, II, VI, III
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Star Wars: Ep VI, I, V, II, VI, IIISandulf29
which one is episode 4 snd which one is episode 6?

Sandulf29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Sandulf29
Member since 2010 • 14330 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandulf29"]Star Wars: Ep VI, I, V, II, VI, IIITheShadowLord07

which one is episode 4 snd which one is episode 6?

oopsie. First is 6th and later one is fourth