There is no evidence that shows Christian beliefs are false

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gameking5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 gameking5000
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

People often say "Oh, there's no evidence that Jesus lived" and that God doesn't exist etc. But there isn't any that disproves Jesus and God exists.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

People often say "Oh, there's no evidence that Jesus lived" and that God doesn't exist etc. But there isn't any that disproves Jesus and God exists.

gameking5000

I am from the planet jupiter, my species is quite lucky, life only exists on a small number of gas giants. I am 27,000 years old and I navigate though the gas layers using a complex bladder floatation system. I am also host to a varied parasitic ecosystem.

But it can get boring just floating about so I post here for the lols.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
Your thread title and your post content clash. We may not be able to outright prove that there is no higher power, but it is possible to show evidence that the BIBLE (where a lot of the beliefs of Christianity are based from) is full of a lot of BS and fabrication. For example, there is no such thing as spontaneous virgin impregnation, by a higher power or not. You can't get preggo out of nowhere, you learned this in sex ed. Also, for a couple desperate for a child, one might think they'd engage in the actions which are necessary to produce a child. That story is ridiculous, and every religious person out there knows it. If Jesus and/or God do exist, that's one thing that doesn't have real solid proof for or against it either way, but the 'filler' stories and bs in the bible like that are certainly able to be proved false, unlikely and/or completely stupid.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#5 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Christianity is almost identicle to an old Egyptian religion but i can't for the life of me remember what the religion was called. Can someone help me out here?

Stavrogin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stavrogin_
Member since 2011 • 804 Posts

Christianity is almost identicle to an old Egyptian religion but i can't for the life of me remember what the religion was called. Can someone help me out here?

The_Gaming_Baby
Christianity is nothing more than a Jewish sect, and Judaism originated from Atenism, or the cult of Aten. I believe that's the "old Egyptian religion" you were referring to. Probably the first monotheistic (some say henotheistic) religion.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

gameking5000

and there is nothing that proves he existed what so ever end of story!

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#8 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

gameking5000
So there is no evidence for or against this religion. That's because it doesn't exist. It's just a story, nothing more. No different from Scientology.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34613 Posts
Wow, you're a really deep thinker.
JinjonatorX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JinjonatorX
Member since 2010 • 639 Posts
Look up Russell's Teapot. Be enlightened.
GrudHeap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 GrudHeap
Member since 2011 • 138 Posts

The_Gaming_Baby

I have no idea if Egyptian mythology has a name, but it borrows some from Egyptian mythology. It also borrows from Zoroastrianism and probably a hundred other religions before it.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#12 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
Religion makes no sense. It creates more trouble in the world than good.
leapMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 leapMC
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

cool story bropygmahia5

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts

[QUOTE="gameking5000"]

tenaka2

I am from the planet jupiter, my species is quite lucky, life only exists on a small number of gas giants. I am 27,000 years old and I navigate though the gas layers using a complex bladder floatation system. I am also host to a varied parasitic ecosystem.

You are comparing apples and oranges......

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Your thread title and your post content clash. We may not be able to outright prove that there is no higher power, but it is possible to show evidence that the BIBLE (where a lot of the beliefs of Christianity are based from) is full of a lot of BS and fabrication. For example, there is no such thing as spontaneous virgin impregnation, by a higher power or not. You can't get preggo out of nowhere, you learned this in sex ed. Also, for a couple desperate for a child, one might think they'd engage in the actions which are necessary to produce a child. That story is ridiculous, and every religious person out there knows it. If Jesus and/or God do exist, that's one thing that doesn't have real solid proof for or against it either way, but the 'filler' stories and bs in the bible like that are certainly able to be proved false, unlikely and/or completely stupid.

No with the physical natural world that doesn't happen. However, it isn't said to have happened in the natural world. Not a good analogy.
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="gameking5000"]

LJS9502_basic

i agree. life on other planets is very likely. but the jesus thing is very unlikely
leapMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 leapMC
Member since 2011 • 296 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="gameking5000"]

LJS9502_basic

Their both fruit though, so you have to give him some merit. (oranges taste better, imo)

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

There's no evidence that shows my imaginary best friend doesn't exist so come at me bro

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

lloveLamp

i agree. life on other planets is very likely. but the jesus thing is very unlikely

At this point in time I'd say equal. Not one more than the other.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

An inability to invalidate a hypothesis is not the same as proving it to be true.

Metaphysical claims have always fallen outside the realm of falsifiability, and therefore their worth can never be thought of as tangible.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tenaka2

[QUOTE="lloveLamp"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]You are comparing apples and oranges......

LJS9502_basic

I imagine your opinion would be rather unique, there is at least some evidence supporting life on other planets.

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
That is some deep thoughts you got there.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LJS9502_basic

The_Gaming_Baby
Almost? For instance.....
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="lloveLamp"] i agree. life on other planets is very likely. but the jesus thing is very unlikelytenaka2

I imagine your opinion would be rather unique, there is at least some evidence supporting life on other planets.

I'm talking intelligent life FYI.....and I'd like to see that evidence.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]At this point in time I'd say equal. Not one more than the other.LJS9502_basic

I'm talking intelligent life FYI.....and I'd like to see that evidence.

Live came into being on this planet, we know there are billions and billions of other planets.

There is nothing to support religion.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

No with the physical natural world that doesn't happen. However, it isn't said to have happened in the natural world. Not a good analogy.LJS9502_basic

The way you worded that amused me... it makes it sound as if Mary was not on earth when she was impregnated.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

The argument of Christ and God's existence will forever be in a loop. You can't prove He doesn't exist vs You can't prove he does exist.

This is a trivial argument that should be ignored, why, because you're not going to get anywhere with it. Give it a rest. I believe in God and I know He's real. I'm not going to argue that He is because I already know that He is. I would suggest the same for you TC.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
There is no evidence that shows Baha'i beliefs are false
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tenaka2

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] No with the physical natural world that doesn't happen. However, it isn't said to have happened in the natural world. Not a good analogy.Baconbits2004

The way you worded that amused me... it makes it sound as if Mary was not on earth when she was impregnated.

She wasn't, she was in the mother ship.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts
TC, if that's your threshhold for your beliefs, then what's stopping you from believing in any other religion in the world?
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tenaka2

There is no evidence that shows Baha'i beliefs are falseultimameteora

Considering baha was dreamed up only a few years ago is there even a need to disprove it?

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Baconbits2004

mother ship.

tenaka2

ROFL.

That works in so many ways.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

why do people feel so compelled to either prove or disprove a theory based on faith, if either is achieved the theory is destroyed as it no longer requires faith...

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

mother ship.

Baconbits2004

ROFL.

That works in so many ways.

is she hot?

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

that is because it is very adaptable and it is impossible to disprove a fantasy story which was from the times before any sort of records were kept...

but there is no evidence to prove it at all, whereas scientific theories have lots of things to back them up.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 surrealnumber5

that is because it is very adaptable and it is impossible to disprove a fantasy story which was from the times before any sort of records were kept...

but there is no evidence to prove it at all, whereas scientific theories have lots of things to back them up.

PcGamingRig

before any sort of records were kept..... i wonder how we know about Alexander the great, he predated Christ, that is just the first thing to come to mind, any historical BC event or person would do.

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

surrealnumber5

before any sort of records were kept..... i wonder how we know about Alexander the great, he predated Christ, that is just the first thing to come to mind, any historical BC event or person would do.

hmmm, yea but... there was proof in items and records that alexander the great existed. if jesus was such an amazing person and did all the things that are claimed, you would think there would atleast be a trace of him...

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

PcGamingRig

hmmm, yea but... there was proof in items and records that alexander the great existed. if jesus was such an amazing person and did all the things that are claimed, you would think there would atleast be a trace of him...

and depending where you sit in the debate there is or is not.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LJS9502_basic

Live came into being on this planet, we know there are billions and billions of other planets.There is nothing to support religion.tenaka2
But we have no evidence that there is life on those billions and billions of planets. You are going by "likely". Which is not proof.
The way you worded that amused me... it makes it sound as if Mary was not on earth when she was impregnated.Baconbits2004
She wasn't the one I was saying wasn't natural.;)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

PcGamingRig

He was mentioned by some historians....and in the NT. While one may debate the "faith" part of the Bible they should not debate the historical part.

Engrish_Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Engrish_Major
Member since 2007 • 17373 Posts

He was mentioned by some historians....and in the NT. While one may debate the "faith" part of the Bible they should not debate the historical part.

LJS9502_basic
How are we to separate the two?
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] before any sort of records were kept..... i wonder how we know about Alexander the great, he predated Christ, that is just the first thing to come to mind, any historical BC event or person would do.

LJS9502_basic

Yes they should, If the Bible is believed to be factually wrong on so many accounts as to bring into question its legitimacy then what makes you think the Historical accounts held within are any more reliable?

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Baconbits2004

She wasn't the one I was saying wasn't natural.;)

LJS9502_basic

I figured. =p

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Just because you cannot disprove something that has no proof of existing in the first place, doesn't mean that proves its existence.

Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Baconbits2004

Just because you cannot disprove something that has no proof of existing in the first place, doesn't mean that proves its existence.

Wasdie

Reminds me of the ol' space pie theory.

At least I think that's what it was.
You can't disprove that there isn't a slice of pie floating in space, just because you can't find it. Therefore it could exist.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

The argument of Christ and God's existence will forever be in a loop. You can't prove He doesn't exist vs You can't prove he does exist.

This is a trivial argument that should be ignored, why, because you're not going to get anywhere with it. Give it a rest. I believe in God and I know He's real. I'm not going to argue that He is because I already know that He is. I would suggest the same for you TC.

lowkey254
Well, I know there is no God, at least not in the sense you mean. So there. Besides, if you knew he existed you would have no need for belief.
mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Baconbits2004

Reminds me of the ol' space pie theory.

At least I think that's what it was.
You can't disprove that there isn't a slice of pie floating in space, just because you can't find it. Therefore it could exist.

The Common argument is known as Russell's Teapot.

"Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="PcGamingRig"]hmmm, yea but... there was proof in items and records that alexander the great existed. if jesus was such an amazing person and did all the things that are claimed, you would think there would atleast be a trace of him...

mattisgod01

Yes they should, If the Bible is believed to be factually wrong on so many accounts as to bring into question its legitimacy then what makes you think the Historical accounts held within are any more reliable?

And that would be?
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Baconbits2004

The Common argument is known as Russell's Teapot.

"Many orthodox people speak as though it were the business of sceptics to disprove received dogmas rather than of dogmatists to prove them. This is, of course, a mistake. If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."

mattisgod01

That's the one. :3

Thank you for finding that.

Spitfirer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Spitfirer
Member since 2007 • 2088 Posts
I believe all human beings are too worthless to find out whether or not God exists till they die and even then, they'll probably never find out.