The Hobbit...are you going to see it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by munkeypoo45 (3220 posts) -

yes! most likely tonight or friday.

#52 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

I AM GOING TO WATCH IT THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:>

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

#53 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26625 posts) -
Probably be dragged to it by friends, but really being dragged is the only way I'll end up going. No interest in it. Actually just bought the blu-ray extended editions, and would rather watch those again for the 100th time before seeing 'The Hobbit'.
#54 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -
Probably be dragged to it by friends, but really being dragged is the only way I'll end up going. No interest in it. Actually just bought the blu-ray extended editions, and would rather watch those again for the 100th time before seeing 'The Hobbit'.SaintLeonidas
Why are you not even interested in giving The Hobbit a chance if you like LOTR?
#55 Posted by KiIIyou (27151 posts) -
I already saw it. :J
#56 Posted by rocinante_ (1666 posts) -

the hobbit is perhaps my favourite book and the lotr films are my favourite trilogy, so hell ya. not going opening day, though; probably going sometime next week. i'm planning to reread the hobbit and watch the lotr extended cuts before i see it too :P

#57 Posted by aaronmullan (33406 posts) -
Yeah, seeing it tomorrow with my Dad. I saw all three LoTR films in the cinema with him so it's kinda cool.
#58 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26625 posts) -
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]Probably be dragged to it by friends, but really being dragged is the only way I'll end up going. No interest in it. Actually just bought the blu-ray extended editions, and would rather watch those again for the 100th time before seeing 'The Hobbit'.Laihendi
Why are you not even interested in giving The Hobbit a chance if you like LOTR?

Because nothing I've read or seen from it makes me think it will be as good as those films. It being a prequel doesn't mean I'm rushing to theaters to see it. Especially if I end up hating it, because it would probably ruin my love for the original trilogy.
#59 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -
I would consider it near treasonous not too.
#60 Posted by dkdk999 (6741 posts) -

Im going to watch it on Saturday :)

MaskedPlayer
Where does your avatar come from ? It's like 3d digimon ?
#61 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10172 posts) -
I sure as hell am.
#62 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16809 posts) -

Sure. Why not?

#63 Posted by Alter_Echo (10722 posts) -

Going to wait like 2 weeks for all the crowds to clear out and then go to a weekday matinee. It's way too common to have a movie ruined by some dipsh1t who doesn't know how to act in public. Going when you are the only one there is the only way to make sure it won't be.

#64 Posted by lamprey263 (24667 posts) -
wasn't planning on seeing it, then got sucked in last minute to go to a 3D Imax midnight showing... taking off in a bit to stand in line so we're not sitting in the front row, so I'll probably be waiting in line for an hour to watch a near 3 hour movie and previews, I'm gonna load up on caffeine in the meantime, and worse is I didn't even like the LOTR trilogy as much as everyone else
#65 Posted by Shadow4020 (1989 posts) -

I might see it, because I'm curious as to how 48 fps looks like.

#66 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11977 posts) -

Just got back from the midnight showing, I honestly really enjoyed it.

#67 Posted by sukraj (23441 posts) -

No

#68 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
How many minutes did Elijah Wood have in it?
#69 Posted by Borrizee (379 posts) -
Yup this weekend.
#70 Posted by lamprey263 (24667 posts) -
just got back, I enjoyed it, but 3D didn't really do much for me kind of had a mix reaction to the look of it, I mean visually it was quite pleasing at times, however not sure if it was the 48 frames per second or that with the 3D or what but the movie had a made for TV look about it, like a super high budget dramatized reenactment you see on the history channel but like one with the special effects of a blockbuster Hollywood film, didn't feel like any of the previous LOTR films, yeah I guess all I can articulate on it is that it feels like a large budget made for TV movie
#71 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Watched it in 2d yesterday, film is a masterpiece, easily film of the year, why do I have to wait a year for part 2? Want to watch part 2 right now, going rewatch it next week in 3d!

#72 Posted by th3warr1or (20641 posts) -
Yeah. Tickets booked.
#73 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22156 posts) -

since i didnt enjoy both tdkr and skyfall, i probably going to give this a miss

#74 Posted by Novoitus (10 posts) -
[QUOTE="PhazonBlazer"]

Laihendi
How many minutes did Elijah Wood have in it?

He was in the beginning of the movie for maybe 15
#75 Posted by Novoitus (10 posts) -
anyways I came in with low expectations, came out pretty satisfied. I don't understand the lower reviews; sure, it wasn't as good as the 1st three movies but it was still pretty damn good.
#76 Posted by Angie7F (1120 posts) -

yes. but only because i saw the lord of the rings series and feel like i have to

#77 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
I would like to maybe go see it, I'll go on a cheap tuesday when it's something like $5.50 per person. I'm sure it's a long movie though and I pee a lot so I might just wait til it comes out on dvd.
#78 Posted by dodgerblue13 (20845 posts) -

PhazonBlazer
1. Awesome sig. 2. Awesome avy. 3. Yes, I'm going to see it at noon. Huzzah!
#79 Posted by Storm_Marine (11800 posts) -

Holy crap it was good.

#80 Posted by BatCrazedJoker (1978 posts) -
I will eventually go see The Hobbit but I am in not rush to see it.
#81 Posted by Flubbbs (3397 posts) -

i thought it was amazing

#82 Posted by iloverikku11 (11039 posts) -

It was incredible. There are definitely some little things that detracted from the experience (Too long, too much CGI, and they didn't need to force LoTR references into the film), but it was exciting, tense and even really funny.

#83 Posted by rockguy92 (21559 posts) -
2D or 3D?
#84 Posted by airshocker (30628 posts) -

I thought it was good, but a little odd at times. I saw the regular version, 3D sucks.

#85 Posted by kiddoom93 (838 posts) -
Just back from the cinema I saw it in regular 3d so I can't personally comment on it although I was talking to someone I know who saw it yesterday in hfr 3d and he likened it to watching a play and wouldn't recommend it. Onto the actual movie I really enjoyed it yes it may not be on the scale of The Lord of the rings trilogy but this film can certainly stand on its own as another great movie based on the world created by J.R.R Tolkien would definitely go and see it again and can't wait for the extended edition and part 2 this time next year. 9/10 for me.
#86 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11977 posts) -

Yeah, the humor was actually really good.

#87 Posted by kiddoom93 (838 posts) -

Yeah, the humor was actually really good.

PhazonBlazer
yeah I agree the "riddle-off" between bilbo and gollum brought a few good laughs. The dwarves had a few good one liners aswell.
#88 Posted by seahorse123 (1228 posts) -
Yes in 2D can't watch anything in 3D can't stand it but I will have to wait until next year to see it
#89 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -

Loved the orcs and their awesome wargs along with the black speech me thinks, especially that brutal pale orc.

#90 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11977 posts) -

One thing I did not like was

[spoiler] The Goblin King was so annoying, there's a difference between being a humorous villain and being really annoying [/spoiler]

Overall, the movie does not deserve all the negativity toward it.

#91 Posted by lamprey263 (24667 posts) -
Just back from the cinema I saw it in regular 3d so I can't personally comment on it although I was talking to someone I know who saw it yesterday in hfr 3d and he likened it to watching a play and wouldn't recommend it. Onto the actual movie I really enjoyed it yes it may not be on the scale of The Lord of the rings trilogy but this film can certainly stand on its own as another great movie based on the world created by J.R.R Tolkien would definitely go and see it again and can't wait for the extended edition and part 2 this time next year. 9/10 for me.kiddoom93
I personally don't recommend the HFR, I still enjoyed the movie but the 48fps was a huge distraction, and IMO the movie lacks a cinema like quality at 48fps, I'd advise people avoid it, or at least watch it on a normal screen first time and do HFR during a repeat viewing since many people are probably going back for repeat viewings.
#92 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

It was incredible. It turned a smaller story that in the books, really paled in comparison to the scale of LOTR to an adventure that really felt just as epic and interesting. I also like how this one is a bit more dynamic in terms of the story aspects and the characters than lotr. It didn't feel like it dragged on at all, or that they were wasting time. It was so great

I hear some people having tepid responces to the movie, and I just have to say to them, compare this movie to every other one like it that came out since the return of the king. This movie blows it out of the water. Any sword fighting, horse riding, magic movie weve have gotten since then has been forgettable at best

#93 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14012 posts) -

One thing I did not like was

[spoiler] The Goblin King was so annoying, there's a difference between being a humorous villain and being really annoying [/spoiler]

Overall, the movie does not deserve all the negativity toward it.

PhazonBlazer

I don't understand it either. I don't know what people were expecting. Im amazed that they are turning this story into something as adventurous and exciting as it turned out to be. Because the story in the Lotr there is much more to work with for them, but this they had less and made more out of it. And connected it to the lotr trilogy better than I thought they would.

#94 Posted by cyborg100000 (2863 posts) -

I want to see it in 3D but everyone I know says they get sore eyes or headaches from it. I loved the use of 3D in Avatar so I'm tempted to just go by myself and see it.....sad I know.

#95 Posted by Lord_Ronskins (99 posts) -

Saw it in 3D, it was pretty cool but Im so not used to it much lol, planning on seeing it again on sunday. Also loved the scene with those trolls, good lord those things were hilarious, much of the humor was pretty good.

#96 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

I saw it and I thought it was great. The 48 fps was also incredible too and really enhanced the 3D because it didn't have the flickering. There were some points with the 48fps where it looked like it was on fastforeword but most of the time it was incredible. I definitely recommend the 48 fps version. Don't listen to the fvcks saying that its not as "cinematic."

I also didn't think the movie was too long either like a lot of people were saying. Like an hour in I had to take a big piss during the movie but I was able to hold out until the end. It didn't feel like it was a long time is what I am saying.

#97 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11977 posts) -

Can I also say how great the music was! Simply amazing.

#98 Posted by Lief_Ericson (7082 posts) -

I ****ing LOVED IT!

#99 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
no
#100 Posted by brucewayne69 (2861 posts) -
Everybody who hasn't seen this yet, don't look! I'm trying to find a song from the movie. When Thorin stands up from the tree to fight Azog at the end, what song is playing? It's so EPIC! Please!