Texas art show terrorists identified. Both muslims.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

For those not aware, late Sunday evening at an art show promoting art that depicts the Prophet Muhammad, two armed men opened fire at a police car outside the building hosting the event. Both gunmen were killed by an officer and later identified. Both men were Muslims that had openly supported ISIS.

Another Charlie Hebdo avoided, in Texas no less. I would have liked to see some of the supposed art for some lulz, but most media blackout the pictures like they're Showgirls on TBS.

My question to OT is which is more responsible for the attack: the art show or the shooters?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Should be obvious, not?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

ISIS can't mess with Texas.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#4 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19546 Posts

In other words, they were ISIS fanboys.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

The "art".

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

I think we should all lose our fucking minds and riot over this.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

It's not hard to speculate that the ones (or should I say the "one") who held this event, beforehand had armed these two gunmen. I mean I consider myself a resourceful Muslim and the best thing I can get my hands on in my own chaotic country is a Kalashnikov. On the other hand the attackers from Charlie Hebdo had freaking rocket launchers for God's sake. It's quite obvious that someone from the inside lend them a hand and got them what they needed. Someone quite Islamophobic.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Really makes you wonder why some feel the need to spit in the face of someone's religion; how much self loathing exist that there is a need to antagonize another group?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

What it makes me wonder about is how fragile, psychotic, and barbaric a person has to be to think killing other people is an okay response to some perceived religious insult.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@Fuhrer_D said:

Really makes you wonder why some feel the need to spit in the face of someone's religion; how much self loathing exist that there is a need to antagonize another group?

Are you seriously trying to defend terrorists? why does it matter if they insulted their religion?

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

In other news a women paraded downtown holding a sign depicting black men as gorrilas, she soon got happy slapped across the face so hard which resulted with lots of tears and a broken ego.

the terrorist was identified as a black man.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Master_Live

For those wondering about the winning piece from the show...

Such subversion.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

@richietickles said:

My question to OT is which is more responsible for the attack: the art show or the shooters?

Both.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

@alim298: Don't you think it is a little far fetched to resort to conspiracy theories?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By alim298

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: Don't you think it is a little far fetched to resort to conspiracy theories?

No not really. I think we can establish the fact that there are some people among westerns, both Muslim and non-Muslim who mentally train these people and then give them the necessary gear to carry out attacks or join terrorists.

What we know for certain is that a great number of the ISIS supporters for instance have been brainwashed that way in THE WEST. If you look at the polls you'll see that in fact the majority in most Arab countries despise ISIS. So where is this love coming from? Yeah those Muslims who are living in the west.

We also know that there are madrasas and mosques in the west (and in the Arab world too) that encourage people to become "jihadists" so to speak.

What has not been known for certain yet, is that who is financially supporting these mosques and madrasas and jihadists? Where do these "gunmen" get their guns from?

That leads me to believe that while the ones promoting jihadi thought and the ones who carry out these attacks, are indeed Muslim, they have been subjected to the fitnah of some non-Muslims who want to see the Muslim world and the Muslim ideology burn.

The reason I believe this is not a conspiracy theory is because it is in fact not so "far-fetched". I mean let's say I really hate the nation Y. And that I'm resourceful. Given the chance wouldn't I (assuming that I'm a corrupt person) want to harm the nation Y? It's not far-fetched at all. There are some people out there who really hate Muslims. They hold these costly exhibitions and contests just to rub it in the faces of the Muslims. A couple of guns and a bomb aren't really costly compared to what they publicly do. Yet it's more effective. Again this is something I would have done myself if I were corrupt so I don't see it as a far-fetched conspiracy theory.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

"both Muslims" - surprise surprise, the guys who tried to shoot up a Mohammed-drawing contest we're Muslims. And I was expecting it to be animal-rights activists. BTW, I'm not trying to offend Muslims, I'm just saying given the target it is fairly obvious what the motivation of the attackers was.

To me the surprising thing is that the two terrorists were armed with assault rifles and were wearing body armor, but they were both killed, when they confronted an unarmed security guard (who was injured because he got shot in the ankle), and a cop working as security for the event who only had a service pistol. Quite amazing that nobody except the two attackers was killed, and that probably has a lot to due with the fact that the security detail knew that an attack was a rather likely possibility and so weren't really taken by surprise.

@Fuhrer_D said:

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to attend such an event, not only because of the disrespectfulness of it but also because I would figure that it would be dangerous to be there given the possibility of someone trying to attack it.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Master_Live

@alim298 said:
@BboyStatix said:

No not really. I think we can establish the fact that there are some people among westerns, both Muslim and non-Muslim who mentally train these people and then give them the necessary gear to carry out attacks or join terrorists.

What we know for certain is that a great number of the ISIS supporters for instance have been brainwashed that way in THE WEST. If you look at the polls you'll see that in fact the majority in most Arab countries despise ISIS. So where is this love coming from? Yeah those Muslims who are living in the west.

We also know that there are madrasas and mosques in the west (and in the Arab world too) that encourage people to become "jihadists" so to speak.

What has not been known for certain yet, is that who is financially supporting these mosques and madrasas and jihadists? Where do these "gunmen" get their guns from?

That leads me to believe that while the ones promoting jihadi thought and the ones who carry out these attacks, are indeed Muslim, they have been subjected to the fitnah of some non-Muslims who want to see the Muslim world and the Muslim ideology burn.

The reason I believe this is not a conspiracy theory is because it is in fact not so "far-fetched". I mean let's say I really hate the nation Y. And that I'm resourceful. Given the chance wouldn't I (assuming that I'm a corrupt person) want to harm the nation Y? It's not far-fetched at all. There are some people out there who really hate Muslims. They hold these costly exhibitions and contests just to rub it in the faces of the Muslims. A couple of guns and a bomb aren't really costly compared to what they publicly do. Yet it's more effective. Again this is something I would have done myself if I were corrupt so I don't see it as a far-fetched conspiracy theory.

^^^^^That's a nice theory. Got any evidence?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#18  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

The shooters. They decided to try killing people over a piece of art. If you don't like it, don't go view it. Simple as that.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alim298

@Master_Live said:
@alim298 said:
@BboyStatix said:

No hence the name theory.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By alim298
@Master_Live said:

For those wondering about the winning piece from the show...

Such subversion.

Btw I'm dying to see any of these "freedom of speech drawings" that does the turban right.

Until then I guess I'm not really going to be offended by the depiction of sikhs.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@richietickles said:

The shooters. The art show is a display of free speech. The shootings are a straight up crime. The people offended by it should exercise self-control instead of taking other peoples' lives because they think it's blasphemous to draw their god. Boo fucking hoo. Too many people living in this century right now really belong in the 1200s.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fuhrer_D

@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:

Are you seriously trying to defend terrorists? why does it matter if they insulted their religion?

What is to be gained by insulting their religion? All it seems to do is incite violence from the fringe of that community; is that the end goal?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Live

@alim298 said:
@Master_Live said:
@alim298 said:
@BboyStatix said:

Plenty of theories have evidence.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RichieTickles

@plageus900 said:

I think we should all lose our fucking minds and riot over this.

It's not within my racial ancestry to riot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@alim298 said:
@Master_Live said:
@alim298 said:
@BboyStatix said:

LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:

What is to be gained by insulting their religion? All it seems to do is incite violence from the fringe of that community; is that the end goal?

Because Muhammad was an evil person that deserves to be insulted. Why should that statement incite violence? If you are prone to aggregation then the problem is entirely with you, don't blame the victims. Saying that violence is ok because they mocked some paedophile warlord from 1400 years ago is even more stupid than saying they deserved it because they looked at me funny.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RichieTickles

I'm still waiting to hear the argument that because someone drew a picture of a guy that in one religious text is not allowed to be drawn that they no longer have the right to live. As far as I'm concerned you have the right to express yourself and anybody who's offended by some picture of a guy who's been dead for centuries needs to deal with it. It's not 800 A.D anymore.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 alim298

@Master_Live said:

Good to know. But this one unfortunately doesn't.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Fuhrer_D

@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:

Because Muhammad was an evil person that deserves to be insulted. Why should that statement incite violence? If you are prone to aggregation then the problem is entirely with you, don't blame the victims. Saying that violence is ok because they mocked some paedophile warlord from 1400 years ago is even more stupid than saying they deserved it because they looked at me funny.

I never said it was ok; I'm just questioning a person's need to go out of their way to mock another group, as it doesn't seem there is any value in those actions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:

I never said it was ok; I'm just questioning a person's need to go out of their way to mock another group, as it doesn't seem there is any value in those actions.

Were they mocking a group? It seems to me that they were making fun of a very evil person. Only evil people would get mad about that.

The value comes from them demonstrating their freedom of speech. Just because some crazy people get offended by something that doesn't mean they were wrong. We shouldn't censor what we say based on the thoughts of overly aggressive people.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@alim298 said:

It's not hard to speculate that the ones (or should I say the "one") who held this event, beforehand had armed these two gunmen. I mean I consider myself a resourceful Muslim and the best thing I can get my hands on in my own chaotic country is a Kalashnikov. On the other hand the attackers from Charlie Hebdo had freaking rocket launchers for God's sake. It's quite obvious that someone from the inside lend them a hand and got them what they needed. Someone quite Islamophobic.

Do you have any proof for this nonsensical theory?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:

Because my freedoms trump a religious persons sensibilities.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#33 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

Everyone's a critic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Fuhrer_D said:

Why is this kind of victim blaming considered okay? It's the equivalent of saying "she was asking for it because of the way she dressed". No one is to blame besides the shooters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@thegerg said:

@toast_burner: "Are you seriously trying to defend terrorists? why does it matter if they insulted their religion?"

No, he's not defending the terrorists. He didn't even MENTION any terrorists. Try paying attention to what is actually posted.

Why don't you? Like the other poster said it's no better than blaming a rape victim for dressing in a provocative manner.

It is defending terrorists as he is shifting the blame from the terrorists onto the victims. Victim blaming is absolutely repugnant behaviour.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@alim298 said:
@Master_Live said:

Good to know. But this one unfortunately doesn't.

So you're just trolling? I don't see the point in posting a "theory" that doesn't have a shred of evidence to support it.

It speaks pretty ill of you that you would believe such a theory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@thegerg said:

@toast_burner: He didn't blame the victims for this shooting, such a thing would be ridiculous. Try paying attention to what is actually posted.

"I'm not saying she deserved to be raped. What I'm saying is that when she dresses like that what did she expect to happen?"

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Fuhrer_D

@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:

Were they mocking a group? It seems to me that they were making fun of a very evil person. Only evil people would get mad about that.

The value comes from them demonstrating their freedom of speech. Just because some crazy people get offended by something that doesn't mean they were wrong. We shouldn't censor what we say based on the thoughts of overly aggressive people.

Ah ok, I didn't know their the worth of their freedom of speech was challenged by anyone. Seemed more like a circle jerk of individuals that have an ax to grind against another group; terrible that the fringe of that group brought guns to an ax fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:

Oh ok, I didn't know their the worth of their freedom of speech was challenged by anyone. Seemed more like a circle jerk of individuals that have an ax to grind against another group; terrible that the fringe of that group brought guns to an ax fight.

You don't get out much do you? Crazy Muslims have been killing people to try and silence freedom of speech for quite some time now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@thegerg said:

@toast_burner: He didn't even mention an act of violence (terrorism:rape) or a flawed motive for that act (pics of Muhammad:provocative clothing).

You're seeing connections that aren't there and coming up with a flawed analogy.

You do realise that this thread is about a shooting?

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fuhrer_D

@toast_burner said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@toast_burner said:

Oh ok, I didn't know their the worth of their freedom of speech was challenged by anyone. Seemed more like a circle jerk of individuals that have an ax to grind against another group; terrible that the fringe of that group brought guns to an ax fight.

You don't get out much do you? Crazy Muslims have been killing people to try and silence freedom of speech for quite some time now.

I didn't know they were actively seeking out individuals and killing them for having freedom of speech; I only noticed that they killed people for expressing that freedom of speech in a defaming manner towards them (again, why you would time after time go after them is beyond me).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@Fuhrer_D: So what's your point? Don't ever disagree with a lunatic?

You are yet to say what is wrong with mocking Muhammad. Should we stop mocking Hitler since that might offend neo-Nazis? Just because someone is offended by something that doesn't mean it's wrong. What you need to ask yourself is why are they offended?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@thegerg said:

@toast_burner: It's also about an art exhibit, and conspiracy theories, and the religion of the murderes, and victim blaming, and now it's got a bit of rape sprinkled in too. Point?

Listen, he didn't mention terrorists, let alone defend them. Again, you're seeing shit that's not there. Try paying attention.

What part of this thread is about a shooting don't you get? Read the op, then read his post. How are you this dense?

what he said is no different then going into a thread about a girl being raped and saying "Isn't it horrible that a girl would go outside wearing something like that!" Sure they didn't mention rape directly, but you have to be insanely stupid to not see the connection.