Texas art show terrorists identified. Both muslims.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

@airshocker said:

I don't need to find any of your posts. I know from experience how you act. I have a life. I'm not going to methodically record every crappy post you make and file it away to use at a later date. You aren't that important to me.

How dare I? Quite easily. It's not even really that daring of a statement.

You can make whatever list you want, buddy. This forum knows how you act. There is no American empire. I think you really need some mental help.

Haha I see now you've reduced yourself to a reviler. Poor kid.

And I didn't ask you to review my posts. Surely if you've been following the threads in which America is discussed you'd find a certain lack of posts made by me. Don't hide the truth. Try at least acting like a grown-up for once.

@sSubZerOo said:

@alim298: your exactly right here it is murder. And the murderers are the extreme Muslims here trying to shoot up a peaceful convention. You have to be fucked in the head to even convey a similarity to what I said with the extremists. These people aren't killing Muslims across seas or nearby, they are peacefully protesting. If you seriously think this justifies what the gunmen were trying to do, then go screw your self. Because your as bad as the filth who died in that event. No one is going to listen to you, and the more you act out about it.. the more pathetic and hapless you will appear.

I am sure the great prophet appreciates that his followers of a supposedly peaceful religion is willing to murder anyone that pokes fun of Islam.

You're exactly right here it is oppression. And the oppressors are the extreme westerns trying to provoke Muslims and invalidate an inherently peaceful law that prohibits drawing the prophet. You have to be fucked in the head to not see the irony in your posts in this thread. These people do not wish for the Muslims peace across seas or nearby nor do they respect what they respect, instead they try to provoke them.

If you seriously think Muslims having a law that prohibits drawing the prophet justifies holding contests that try to contradict and oppose that law and in return oppose the Muslims in the name of the glorious "freedom of speech", then go screw yourself. Because you’re as bad as the filth who died in that event. No one among Muslims is going to listen to you, and the more you act out about it the more pathetic and helpless you will appear.

I am sure your ancestors appreciate that their descendants of a supposedly peaceful nation are willing to destroy everyone's lives for the sake of freedom of speech.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 alim298
@LostProphetFLCL said:

@alim298: I an sorry you are too stupid to understand why free speech is so important, but that really is your problem and not ours. You can go live in some shithole Islamic country where you can be murdered for not following the state religion if you like.

Having at least half a brain myself, I enjoy my freedoms and wouldn't sully my feet by setting them on some dirty Islamic state.

After all, let's not forget that your prophet was a peadophillic warlord!

Haha. You know what the difference between you and I is?

You do not have a God on your side that's the difference. You can make all these castles you want out of tin foil but we Muslims are protected by God himself. Over 200 years of oppression and the Middle East is still standing and it will continue to hold its ground.

And a day will come when the glorious western empire will fall and then the joke will be on you. Then people will look back and say: "Wow! Who were these barbarians that believed you can kill for the sake of something called "freedom of speech". Who were these people who couldn't care less if people died in Yarmouk, Yemen or Palestine and yet the most debated subjects among them were some dude's baby being born or how transgender people are suffering in Russia."

Yes that's the difference between you westerns and us Muslims. We hope from God that which you do not hope. And that is to live a life worthy of the name "Sons of Adam". That is to live a life of wisdom and reason. That is to live a life of moderation. That is to live in a world without oppression.

I know you're burning now. But it's just the prelude.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@alim298: I lol'd.

If there is a God I am pretty sure he/she would have chosen somebody a bit better of a person than murderous pedophile to be their prophet, just saying.

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#154 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

Personally, I think both sides are stupid.

One side for trying to shoot up a place because they thought it was offensive and the other side for having such a provocative event. btw, I'm not advocating censorship on anything.

It was not a provocation. The event was held in a building behind closed doors and not some march on the street. Had any Muslim driven by the place this show was being held, they likely wouldn't have even known what was going on inside.

The two terrorists went out of their way to be offended by the show and use it as an excuse to kill in cold blood. They could have just ignored it, but they didn't.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 alim298

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@alim298: I lol'd.

If there is a God I am pretty sure he/she would have chosen somebody a bit better of a person than murderous pedophile to be their prophet, just saying.

You lol'd? Good:

[Let them laugh a little: much will they weep: a recompense for the (evil) that they do.]

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

@richietickles said:
@drunk_pi said:

One side for trying to shoot up a place because they thought it was offensive and the other side for having such a provocative event. btw, I'm not advocating censorship on anything.

It was not a provocation. The event was held in a building behind closed doors and not some march on the street. Had any Muslim driven by the place this show was being held, they likely wouldn't have even known what was going on inside.

The two terrorists went out of their way to be offended by the show and use it as an excuse to kill in cold blood. They could have just ignored it, but they didn't.

It was behind closed doors, yes. However, it was also heavily advertised and the AFDI held this event at the same site that hosts the annual Stand with the Prophet event. For those who don't know, SWTP is designed to combat Islamophobia in the U.S. AFDI was looking to stir up some shit, which is why they needed so much security and metal detectors at the door. Who needs that for a harmless contest? It's also why there were police officers at the ready to defend them and why one of those officers took a bullet in the leg for their bullshit.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@alim298: Glad we got to see your true colors here. People keep trying to call Islam a religion of peace yet with a little bit of provocation you get this kind of response and it isn't the first time I have seen this.

Wonder what it is about Islam that makes it's followers so angry and hateful. Seems to be the only religion these days that has followers going around and killing people for their religion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By alim298

[surely they who are guilty used to laugh at those who believe

and when they passed by them, they winked at one another

and when they returned to their own followers they returned exulting

and when they saw them, they said: most surely these are in error;

and they were not sent to be keepers over them

so today those who believe shall laugh at the unbelievers;

on thrones, they will look

surely the disbelievers are rewarded as they did]

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@Master_Live said:

For those wondering about the winning piece from the show...

Such subversion.

In other words, the only reason that this was drawn in the first place was as a response to islamic terrorists saying that people can't draw it.

Which means that these kinds of terrorists are fucking stupid. This piece of art would have ZERO reason to even exist if there weren't backwards-ass dumbasses going around killing people for making this kind of art. Which means that every single terrorist who commits a threat or an act of violence in order to stop this kind of work is in actuality supporting the creation of this kind of work. If they just shut the **** up (or at least voiced their complaints in a reasonable and socially acceptable way), then the vast majority of this kind of art would cease to exist because there'd be zero incentive to make it.

Also, this drawing breaks down from a logical standpoint. On the surface, it seems to be a very trite statement about free expression and how the dude is only being drawn because he says other people can't draw him. That's fine, but it's also just sort of boring. That's a valid statement, but delivering it in this way is just a bit too OBVIOUS for my tastes. But, the thing is, while the OBVIOUS message seems to be about islamic extremists trying to forcibly suppress free speech (which by extension could be applied to ANYONE who tries to forcibly suppress free speech), even that doesn't really work here. The problem is that the backlash against free speech is coming from something that the artist drew. As in, this drawing depicts an artist IMAGINING an attack on his right to free speech. No one is actually attacking the artist, the artist is imagining Muhammad as someone who WOULD attack the artist, and thereby fighting back against an entirely hypothetical threat. Now THAT comes off as more of a criticism of ARTISTS. That reads as a criticism as the tendency of artists to IMAGINE outrage as a justification to offend, when the entire outrage was based on the artist's imagination.

That's actually kind of a clever subtext. On the surface, this is a very clear defense of free speech. But if you look just below the surface, there's actually an element of criticism towards artists for using imagination and stereotypes and preconceived assumptions about reactions to give them free pass to do whatever they want. Again, to be clear...the artist in this drawing isn't drawing Muhammad because he was threatened not to. He's drawing Muhammad because he is IMAGINING that he WOULD be threatened for drawing Muhammad. That's a very important distinction, that makes the threat of free speech actually a product of the artist's imagination.

And...even THAT got fucked up the second that there was a violent reaction. If there was any element of artists sort of playing into this shit by trying to stir shit up based on ignorance, that got washed away the second there was an actual attack. The attack contradicts the subtext in the actual drawing, and all we're left with is the message of 'we do shit because people tell us that we can't." Which is fine. But if that's ultimately all there is to this drawing, then it's delivered in the most trite and obvious way possible.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 MrGeezer

@airshocker said:

Because my freedoms trump a religious persons sensibilities.

Yeah, but that's sort of the really simple way of looking at it. I mean, just look at the drawing. The artist draws Muhammad because it's forbidden, that he's told he can't do it. That ain't enough, otherwise you're just a "shock artist."

I mean, someone might tell me that I can't pick some dog shit off the floor, smear it on my toast, and eat a literal shit sandwich. As a man, people have been telling me for my entire life (albeit often implicitly) that it's wrong for me to suck a dick or let a man bang me in the butt. Yet, the existence of homophobia doesn't suddenly go make me have sex with dudes just to defy authority. I support other people's right to do it if they want to, but telling me I can't do it isn't enough to get me to do it myself. If I'm personally gonna do it, then I also sort of have to WANT to do it. Just telling me that I can't do it isn't good enough.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#163 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

@Fuhrer_D: We see the Christian religion insulted on a daily basis, but they don't go around killing people for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@alim298: Whelp it's official, your bat fucking insane. To the other people in this thread supporting this apolgism, these are the people your trying to defend . People so irrational and fucking crazy that any offense to their sensibilities justifies their right to murder you. And the point of this event has clearly went over your head. During the civil rights movement in the 60's , blacks did the very things that enraged whites to protest. Like sit in the front end of buses, sit in a whites only restaurant. If you seriously don't understand that they are doing this as a form of protwest to tell the Muslim fundamentalist that they won't be intimidated. Then I would say your dumber than a sack of bricks.

But why am I suprised your trying to say that your religious law some how gives you the right to murder any one whole world. Religion of peace right here people. Why stop there, it's not the only law Islam has that people are out to death for. Meaning you would be more than happy in enforcing your entire doctrine on the entire world. Just who the **** is oppressing who?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
@silkylove said:
@richietickles said:
@drunk_pi said:

It was behind closed doors, yes. However, it was also heavily advertised and the AFDI held this event at the same site that hosts the annual Stand with the Prophet event. For those who don't know, SWTP is designed to combat Islamophobia in the U.S. AFDI was looking to stir up some shit, which is why they needed so much security and metal detectors at the door. Who needs that for a harmless contest? It's also why there were police officers at the ready to defend them and why one of those officers took a bullet in the leg for their bullshit.

Since when is a display of freedom of speech considered "bullshit" ? The entire point was to show that extremists can't control what we do.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#166 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I can't believe this is always a point for a huge discussion.

"The west provokes us muslims"

In what way does that give you the right to kill? Were are not living in the middle ages anymore.

If everyone would just kill anyone that "provoked" them or "hurt their feelings", then there wouldn't be many people left on this earth. Seriously, grow a thicker skin already. There are other ways.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 alim298

@sSubZerOo:

The fact that you and your fellow 'Murians keep accusing me and the Muslims of supporting an alleged law that permits the killing of people, even though NOWHERE in my posts did I say that I or any other Muslim that I know, supports this "innovated" law, speaks volumes of you and your nation.

And the fact that you and your fellow ‘Muricans keep calling me names while I don't, is enough proof for people to know whose creed is a creed of peace and whose creed is a creed of oppression.

That's all the people reading this thread need to know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-59d151f079814

@Toxic-Seahorse: ikr. With this kind of logic we could argue that the civil rights marches and protests of the 1960s were not right and they were done to draw violence. I mean what was Rosa Parks thinking sitting in the front of the bus when she knew it was going to cause trouble?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By alim298

Could you people quite frankly shut up and stop accusing Muslims of supporting the terrorists? Just because we don't support your corrupt ways and governments doesn't mean we support the terrorists. For instance:

@killerfist said:

In what way does that give you the right to kill?

Who said it does?

But why am I suprised your trying to say that your religious law some how gives you the right to murder any one whole world.

No I didn't. Quit talking bullshit. I merely said that your "freedom of speech" is no more precious than "Not draw the prophet" rule. But are you deaf?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@alim2 well then come out and say it that you don't support it. It isn't hard to do, but instead you basically have been condoning it the entire thread and stating how a Islamic Law has been broken. What you have basically been showing is your more concerned with people drawing a cartoon rather than followers of your religion willing to murder people for it. And by all means be critical of United States foreign policy because I would definitely agree with you on the majority of things about it. And I am sorry but I really don't care what you think about the west when it comes to fundamental rights and demeanor, when Islamic nations are beheading people, oppressing women etc etc. You have no high horse to sit on because the majority of cultures that represent it are used as the very examples to what oppression is in the world. It's very much like watching a gigantic fat guy lecture people on fitness and eating healthy.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 silkylove

I find it interesting that people continue to quote the image that won the contest in this thread. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I also think it's interesting that such a shitty drawing won the prize. Is that supposed to be a prophet or a werewolf? There are members of GameSpot who are Muslim and are perfectly peaceful and reasonable people. By now non-Muslims should know that images of Muhammad are offensive to ALL Muslims, not just the minority who commit violence. I understand posting it once so everybody could see what the fuss is about, but by quoting the image ad nauseam you are perpetrating a divisive "us vs them" "Murica" attitude which is one of the reasons why we have an image problem in the Muslim world. There are plenty of Muslim extremists out there, but we shouldn't act like Islam's got the market cornered on religious extremism. Here in the U.S. we have this group called the Ku Klux Klan that has been practicing Christian terrorism since Reconstruction, and they still have members in U.S. police departments. I know because every few months one of them sends a dumbass email and get fired.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@silkylove: Draw as many pictures of Jesus, pictures of the United States, atheism... Etc etc. Draw the most offensive stuff you can draw about those things you stated. And watch how no fucks will be given.

No one here is defending any other side. And the KKK still exists because we value freedom of speech no matter how repugnant that speech maybe.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 alim298

@sSubZerOo:

Again. I don't see why your "freedom of speech" isn't any more moronic than "not draw the prophet rule". We Muslims don't believe in your "freedom of speech", you don't believe in "not draw the prophet rule". You're willing to kill for freedom of speech and extremists are willing to kill because you've offended the most sacred thing to them after God.

WHY THE HELL SHOULD YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH BE ANY MORE SACRED THAN THE PROPHET? WHO ARE YOU TO DICTATE WHAT'S SACRED AND WHAT'S NOT? INSTEAD WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO RESPECT OTHERS IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED?

BUT YOU WANT TO INSULT THE HOLIEST MAN TO MUSLIMS AND STILL EXPECT ALL MUSLIMS TO RESPECT YOUR "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"? ON WHAT PLANET IN THIS GOD-DAMMNED WORLD DOES SUCH A SHITTY LOGIC WORK?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By MrGeezer

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Since when is a display of freedom of speech considered "bullshit" ? The entire point was to show that extremists can't control what we do.

Except that they DO control what we do. Like I mentioned, all this shit seems like the equivalent of eating a piece of feces because someone tells you not to. You can't claim that you weren't being controlled unless you already WANTED to eat a big messy pile of shit anyway. "Because I can" is ABSOLUTELY showing that we/you/they/whoever can be controlled by the people who tell us that we can't.

And in that sense, art that aims to piss off a certain group just to show that "we can" kind of IS bullshit. Because that's actually VALIDATING that the artist is being controlled. Unless there's an element of "I wanted to do this anyway, regardless of what anyone tells me to do", then doing things just because someone tells you not to do it makes you just as much of a puppet as doing something because someone tells you to do it. It's just like the difference between anti-conformity and non-conformity. A non-conformist just does whatever the **** he wants. Whereas an anti conformist does what the conformists tell him not to do. Which makes anti-conformity just like conforming to whatever norms you're rebelling against. Since your anti-conformity is based on rebellion rather than doing what you want to do, you're STILL letting what you do be dictated by what people tell you.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By silkylove

@sSubZerOo:

People of all religions or lack of religion kill for dumbass reasons. Jim David Adkisson, Scott Roeder, Frank Silva Roque, Paul Jennings Hill and Wade Michael Page come to mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@alim298: wrong. We are willing to defend our rights in our own sovereign nation like every other nation.. The US is not going abroad to kill people because they don't value freedom of speech in other countries. So yet again you claim you don't support the killing but you make this crazy ass claim like this. Yet again bat shit crazy. Your trying to compare seof defense in a sovereign nation, with the right to kill anyone abroad because they said or wrote something that you don't like. Claims not to be crazy and not support killing if said people, then follows it with this fucking hilarious contradiction.

and it works both ways, nothing is stopping you from practicing your religion, being critical or protesting in the US. It is your right. Unfortunately if this were a Islamic nation you would be arrested, beaten and/or killed if it was against Islam.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#177  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL: excuse me, you forgot to mention the child molester and the little girl rapist parts in your comment.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By MrGeezer

@alim298 said:

@sSubZerOo:

Again. I don't see why your "freedom of speech" isn't any more moronic than "not draw the prophet rule". We Muslims don't believe in your "freedom of speech", you don't believe in "not draw the prophet rule". You're willing to kill for freedom of speech and extremists are willing to kill because you've offended the most sacred thing to them after God.

WHY THE HELL SHOULD YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH BE ANY MORE SACRED THAN THE PROPHET? WHO ARE YOU TO DICTATE WHAT'S SACRED AND WHAT'S NOT? INSTEAD WHY DON'T YOU TRY TO RESPECT OTHERS IF YOU WANT TO BE RESPECTED?

BUT YOU WANT TO INSULT THE HOLIEST MAN TO MUSLIMS AND STILL EXPECT ALL MUSLIMS TO RESPECT YOUR "FREEDOM OF SPEECH"? ON WHAT PLANET IN THIS GOD-DAMMNED WORLD DOES SUCH A SHITTY LOGIC WORK?

Freedom of speech protects your right to say, "don't draw the prophet."

Now imagine that you lived in a country that banned any pro-Islam statements. As a Muslim, that would kind of suck, wouldn't it? Would you want to be imprisoned or killed for telling people not to draw the prophet? Or would you want to be given the right to speak your mind and exercise your religious freedom, even though your ideas may not be popular?

When I insult Muhammad or Jesus or Whoever, I most certainly DO expect the followers of that religion to respect my freedom of speech. Why? Because the freedom of speech that allows me to insult their religion is the EXACT same freedom of speech that allows them to follow that religion AT ALL. A country that bans speech AGAINST Islam just because such speech is unpopular is the same country that will ban ISLAM once Islam becomes unpopular enough. Freedom of speech PROTECTS those without a voice.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By killerfist

@alim298 said:

Could you people quite frankly shut up and stop accusing Muslims of supporting the terrorists? Just because we don't support your corrupt ways and governments doesn't mean we support the terrorists. For instance:

@killerfist said:

In what way does that give you the right to kill?

Who said it does?

If it was directed at you, then I would have quoted you. It was more a general statement, because obviously it's being discussed.

It starts with the question in the OP: "Who is more responsible for the attack, the art show or the shooters?"

How is that even up for debate? There are two entirely different things here.

Mocking a religion or belief is in my opinion something of bad taste, but people have the right to do so.

Murder is both wrong, and illegal.

Edit: to clarify, I know the shooters didn't kill anyone in this case.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@silkylove: . And? What is being discussed here is not the few who actually do it. But the huge amount of people who condone to out right support it. Like crazyass Alim here. We are literally seeing a crazy high % of Muslims in favor of this.

I want everyone to look Alim's last post. Does that look like some one who is reasonable, rational?

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By silkylove

@sSubZerOo:

"Crazy high % of Muslims" in favor of violence? What did you do a poll? Most of the Muslim leaders on record have condemned the violence. In fact, when Pamela Geller was holding her little hate event, Texas Muslim women were gathering at an interfaith event with Jewish and Christian women. Muslim leaders in Texas had decided to ignore the event because they are familiar with Geller and Geert's antics. The people of Garland didn't want the event there either. It was almost all outsiders who attended. The only reason it continued is because the people of Garland weren't allowed to deny access to a public building.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/07/us/muslims-garland-texas.html?_r=0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-59d151f079814

@silkylove: I am eluding to the polls conducted in Europe with support of such things in the Muslim population. The polling results were in the 30 to 40 percentile range. That is what I would call crazy high. Of course not all Muslims are like that and the good ones have bothered by but my support in this regard. Like they did when we had idiot politicIan's wanting to ban the building of Mosques in the US. A violation of the first amendment.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By alim298

@sSubZerOo:

Are you really that stupid or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

Again for the billionth time, this has nothing to do with people killing others and whatnot.

But it has everything to do with comments like "what fucking idiots. Why is it prohibited in their religion to draw the prophet?" the response to such idiotic comments is "What fucking idiots. Why do they love freedom of speech so much? So much that they themselves CONFESS they're willing to kill people for it and put their lives in danger for it."

It's actually you, who in the most moronic way always want to relate this point of conflict between the Muslims and the west to some extremists.

Let's just forget about all this shit. Instead answer this simple question: What percent of the westerns respect the Muslim law that prohibits drawing the prophet?

@MrGeezer: OK now we're discussing whether freedom of speech is a good thing or not. Yeah sure there are also some nice and useful laws in Islam too but do you see me trying to convert people to a religion called "freedom of speech"? That's contradictory since you're sacrificing freedom itself for the sake of saving your precious freedom of speech. All points considered what gives the west the right to tell Muslims that "freedom of speech is better than your shitty Islamic laws?"

This has nothing to do with the killings. This has everything to do with the hate speeches that follow these incidents, trying to blame Muslims for what the extremists do and trying to make Muslims look bad because they don't believe in freedom of speech and oppose it. Who are you to say what Muslims should believe in and what they shouldn't believe in? Four pages of comments are all filled with "We make fun of Christians, Muslims should be no exception". Well **** that. We don't care if Christians care or not. We care if you insult the prophets. Does that mean we then want to kill you? No. Does that mean we will start to hate you? Yes.

This freedom of speech is simply a propaganda tool being used against Muslims every time shit like this happens.

I don't give two fucks what values the west has been built upon, but Muslim society has been built upon respect for the prophets. If you want us to respect your values then start respecting ours. If you don't then that means you want to fight instead of talk. That means YOU'RE the ones waging war on Muslims.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By killerfist

@alim298 said:

I don't give two fucks what values the west has been built upon, but Muslim society has been built upon respect for the prophets. If you want us to respect your values then start respecting ours. If you don't then that means you want to fight instead of talk. That means YOU'RE the ones waging war on Muslims.

But the thing is, it's just talk.

There is no reason to start a fight over some words..

Edit: The above words are certainly not helping your case btw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

And we have it here folks, not only is Alim condoning to out right supporting the killings of people for "breaking the law"... But he is full support of a Islamic theocracy through out the world in which his religion And ideology should be respected over all others. Before you try to make up the bullshit that you don't support the killings you have already tried to justify them through false equivalency of US right to defend themselves and their rights in their own country. Comparing it to going out abroad and murdering people for drawing something you don't like.. I don't need to go on any further with this, because you have clearly illustrated your a Islamic fundamentalist. We are not all MMuslim here, you can't force your religious laws on us in our own secular countries. Secular countries I might add in which Muslims have far more freedoms in then the theocracy you support.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#186 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@alim298: insane... I can't believe there are rational people that believe that.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By alim298

@sSubZerOo said:

And we have it here folks, not only is Alim condoning to out right supporting the killings of people for "breaking the law"... But he is full support of a Islamic theocracy through out the world in which his religion And ideology should be respected over all others. Before you try to make up the bullshit that you don't support the killings you have already tried to justify them through false equivalency of US right to defend themselves and their rights in their own country. Comparing it to going out abroad and murdering people for drawing something you don't like.. I don't need to go on any further with this, because you have clearly illustrated your a Islamic fundamentalist. We are not all MMuslim here, you can't force your religious laws on us in our own secular countries. Secular countries I might add in which Muslims have far more freedoms in then the theocracy you support.

Since your libels are endless, I ask you to quote any part of any of my posts that shows that I support the killers. If you can't then that means you are lying.

@AutoPilotOn said:

@alim298: insane... I can't believe there are rational people that believe that.

Believe what exactly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-59d151f079814

@alim298: you have been doing it since the first post when I stated individual freedoms under the bill of rights should be defended to the death within our own country, for anyone. You then tried to compare it your stance with defending the Prophet anywhere in the world. Your just too fucking crazy to see it, every one else here sees it.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 alim298

Fact is, I personally have never come across any Islamic law that prohibits drawing the prophet, but say there is such law. Why does the west oppose this law so fiercely? Why are they so butthurt that such law exists? Why do they hold contests trying to invalidate that law?

Who says their freedom of speech is more precious than this supposed law? And why do they try to emphasize that it’s more precious to them? Do they hate Islam and Muslims that much?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By alim298

@sSubZerOo said:

@alim298: you have been doing it since the first post when I stated individual freedoms under the bill of rights should be defended to the death within our own country, for anyone. You then tried to compare it your stance with defending the Prophet anywhere in the world. Your just too fucking crazy to see it, every one else here sees it.

Yes.

Those who kill for the sake of freedom of speech are terrorists just like those who kill because they feel offended are terrorists and that's precisely what I said. Unless you believe freedom of speech is more precious...

Again you've got nothing against me and you know it yourself.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By silkylove

@sSubZerOo:

Are you alluding to the British poll that said 1/5 of British Muslims felt some degree of sympathy for the "feelings and motives" of the suicide bombers who attacked London? That's 20%, not 30-40%. Sounds damming. However, you should've read the rest of those poll results where 99% of polled Muslims said the bombers were wrong for their actions and 91% said they were British loyalists.

Also we should measure this against Americans. 42% of Americans think that U.S. law enforcement is justified in profiling Muslim and Arab American citizens. 36% felt that Arab Americans should not hold government jobs because they would be "influenced by their ethnicity." Not even sure what that means. 42% said American Muslims should not hold government jobs because they would be "influenced by their religion." Which is interesting since the vast majority of Christian right-wingers tote their religious influence as a positive.

So...basically everyone sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@alim298: because it isn't a law, get that through your thick skull. The US is not a theocracy, we do not have religious laws that favor one over the other. You seem to be under the delusion that this only happens with Islam. Every ideology and religion under the sun is made fun of, criticized, etc in the US. It's called equal treatment. You seem not to understand that your fucking religious laws do not hold sway over the people in the west.

And our freedom of speech is more important because it's our fucking country, we say what is important, not religious fundamentals. People could care less about your weak sensibilities and your self righteous strive in trying to oppress others in forcing a law that people do not recognize.

Your free to follow your own law if you wish, but go to he'll if your going to try to enforce it on others your religious beliefs.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 MrGeezer

@alim298 said:

This has nothing to do with the killings. This has everything to do with the hate speeches that follow these incidents, trying to blame Muslims for what the extremists do and trying to make Muslims look bad because they don't believe in freedom of speech and oppose it. Who are you to say what Muslims should believe in and what they shouldn't believe in? Four pages of comments are all filled with "We make fun of Christians, Muslims should be no exception". Well **** that. We don't care if Christians care or not. We care if you insult the prophets. Does that mean we then want to kill you? No. Does that mean we will start to hate you? Yes.

1) Yes, killings are a bigger deal than "hate speech." For you to say that SPEECH is a bigger deal than KILLINGS is all sorts of fucked up, dude.

2) Again, as I said, it is PAINFULLY obvious that a hell of a lot of this "hate speech" wouldn't even have a reason to exist if there wasn't some islamic extremist in the headlines trying to kill someone over said "hate speech." Again...do you know WHY some artist asshole tries to blame Islam for these kinds of attacks? Because they expect it to work. If you've been paying attention, it's very clear that these people spouting "hate speech" against Muslims and the actual Islamic extremists rely on each other because they both are looking for the EXACT same thing and they pass it back and forth like a frisbee. The single biggest thing they're looking for, and the thing that they both get out of this in spades, is righteous hatred. People should be free to say whatever the **** ANYONE else should believe in. In the vast majority of cases, they WANT someone to get violently pissed off just so they can validate their own viewpoint of "**** those animals." Same with the Muslim extremists. They absolutely LOVE this kind of anti-Islam art, simply because that gives them the righteous justification that they believe warrants doing an attack.

3) What they're both looking for is a reason to fight. People like this artist don't WANT Muslims to stop being violent. I mean, look at the actual goddamn drawing. It's a very clear admission that it's only being done because some kind of perceived enemy is saying not to do it. That's not a validation of a particular idea or set of ideas, that's putting the priority on continuing the fight. Same with the response from violent Muslims. A hell of them HAVE to know damn well that a hell of a lot of this anti-Muslim sentiment would disappear if Muslim extremists stopped doing things like violently attacking people for stating their beliefs. But they don't WANT that to stop. They want to feel like they're persecuted, so that then they have a justification for righteous vengeance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@silkylove: and I would agree with you all the same with such ridiculous prejudice towards Muslims with holding jobs. I am not propping one group over the other here. If you want to be critical of Americans viewpoints g my guess. I am extremely critical of US policy, people etc etc, which you will see if you look at my posting history.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 killerfist

@alim298: I don't think it works like that. Religion has been a mocking target for a long time. And not only religion, any sort of belief is a mocking target. Just look at communism vs capitalism for example.

Freedom of speech is a right we all have. Like others have pointed out, it gives you the right to say idiotic things, but it also gives you the right to practice your religion and say your god or prophet is the best. It's something far bigger than these stupid cartoons.

In the end, these cartoons or whatever, are just that. Words. You have your right to disagree and say why, but violence should never be an answer.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By alim298
@sSubZerOo said:

@alim298: because it isn't a law, get that through your thick skull. The US is not a theocracy, we do not have religious laws that favor one over the other. You seem to be under the delusion that this only happens with Islam. Every ideology and religion under the sun is made fun of, criticized, etc in the US. It's called equal treatment. You seem not to understand that your fucking religious laws do not hold sway over the people in the west.

Then the U.S and the west too don’t have the right to criticize Muslims for having their own laws in their own countries. But every now and then you see the UN expressing worry about the "dire situation" gays are facing in the ME. By your logic how about US and the west go **** themselves while the ME countries continue to abuse gays? Huh? How’s that for a start? But we all know that's not what happens.

So why criticize the Muslim countries for doing what they believe is best and yet when it comes to the west with its dangerous mindset regarding freedom of speech, let the west do what it wants?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814

@alim298: Here we have it people Alim now showing his support for the human rights violations like the imprisonment, torture and murder of gays. And that is some how comparable to drawing a cartoon of a religious figure? Or being critical of human rights violations in denying people their very lives? I am done here, because you have shown how crazy you really are, I sincerely hope your trolling. Especially when you basically have shown support through false equivalency of the violence when breaking your Islamic law for anyone.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 killerfist

@alim298 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

Then the U.S and the west too don’t have the right to criticize Muslims for having their own laws in their own countries. But every now and then you see the UN expressing worry about the "dire situation" gays are facing in the ME. By your logic how about US and the west go **** themselves while the ME countries continue to abuse gays? Huh? How’s that for a start? But we all know that's not what happens.

So why criticize the Muslim countries for doing what they believe is best and yet when it comes to the west with its dangerous mindset regarding freedom of speech, let the west do what it wants?

Wait what? That's some backwards logic if I ever saw one.

I hope you're trolling man.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 MrGeezer

@alim298 said:
@sSubZerOo said:

"Texas art show terrorists identified."

Did you catch that part? Texas. TEXAS. TEXAS, as in, one of the states in The United States of America.

So, yeah. If you live in some shithole country where it's illegal to be gay or to criticize Islam, then you have your own laws. You can probably make a good case that the USA shouldn't get so involved in issues in foreign countries, but shit that goes on in Texas is DOMESTIC policy. By your standard of "having their own laws in their own countries", USA LAW takes precedence in the USA. And according to the laws of the USA, we ABSOLUTELY have the right to criticize any religion that we want, INCLUDING ISLAM.

So are you saying that USA law shouldn't apply in the USA? That an INTERNATIONAL religion such as Islam should be able to dictate that a SPECIFIC COUNTRY such as the USA can't make it legal for ALL religions to officially have equal protection under the law? Is that what you're suggesting?

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By alim298

@MrGeezer said:

1) Yes, killings are a bigger deal than "hate speech." For you to say that SPEECH is a bigger deal than KILLINGS is all sorts of fucked up, dude.

2) Again, as I said, it is PAINFULLY obvious that a hell of a lot of this "hate speech" wouldn't even have a reason to exist if there wasn't some islamic extremist in the headlines trying to kill someone over said "hate speech." Again...do you know WHY some artist asshole tries to blame Islam for these kinds of attacks? Because they expect it to work. If you've been paying attention, it's very clear that these people spouting "hate speech" against Muslims and the actual Islamic extremists rely on each other because they both are looking for the EXACT same thing and they pass it back and forth like a frisbee. The single biggest thing they're looking for, and the thing that they both get out of this in spades, is righteous hatred. People should be free to say whatever the **** ANYONE else should believe in. In the vast majority of cases, they WANT someone to get violently pissed off just so they can validate their own viewpoint of "**** those animals." Same with the Muslim extremists. They absolutely LOVE this kind of anti-Islam art, simply because that gives them the righteous justification that they believe warrants doing an attack.

3) What they're both looking for is a reason to fight. People like this artist don't WANT Muslims to stop being violent. I mean, look at the actual goddamn drawing. It's a very clear admission that it's only being done because some kind of perceived enemy is saying not to do it. That's not a validation of a particular idea or set of ideas, that's putting the priority on continuing the fight. Same with the response from violent Muslims. A hell of them HAVE to know damn well that a hell of a lot of this anti-Muslim sentiment would disappear if Muslim extremists stopped doing things like violently attacking people for stating their beliefs. But they don't WANT that to stop. They want to feel like they're persecuted, so that then they have a justification for righteous vengeance.

I agree with this except that I didn't say hate speech is a bigger issue. I merely said that sometimes we need to look at these two issues as separate issues.

I agree. Some Muslims just enjoy hating on the west for whatever reason. They actually enjoy writing vengeful things in the social media. BUT you have to realize that when a conflict gets started, it becomes hard to blame only one side of the conflict for the continuity of the conflict. BOTH Muslims and the west are at fault for the continuity of this conflict. But I'd say westerns are more at fault. This is an ideology war. Its flames are strong. IF you truly want to extinguish this fire, then do something about it.

What's the worst thing that's going to happen if all western countries ban drawing the prophets? It will only make the Muslims calmer. It's pouring some water on the flames of this war. But has any country made efforts to calm the Muslims? No BECAUSE THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS MUCH MORE PRECIOUS TO THEM. To these people I say that not drawing the prophet is also a precious law to Muslims yet even though they oppose it, they also oppose those who carry out these attacks.

What I'm trying to say is that Muslims are trying their best to extinguish this fire and yet the west is not willing to do anything about it. In fact on the contrary they add more fuel to the flames of this war by allowing these contests and stuff to happen. Isn't this mischief?