Texan Family Law Judge "disciplines" his child.

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts
My adoptive father tried to murder me several times due to the fact that I didn't agree with his "Survival of the fittest" view of the world, so this doesn't bother me much. Of course, it's still wrong, unjustified, idiotic and overall just overreacting in the most evil sense.
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts

It's just discipline, learn to take a beating. Funny video, good find.

StealthMonkey4

1/10

CaveJohnson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CaveJohnson1
Member since 2011 • 1714 Posts

That's pretty hot.

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
That's pretty hot.CaveJohnson1
"pay attention to me"
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]That was not that bad. He did not hit her face, or body just the legs and butt. That is an old fashion beating, not abuse. Trust me it happened to me...its not so bad if you just listen.Chris_Williams
naw man thats abuse, the guy was cleary taking out his anger on her, the girl just downloaded things off the web, he was going overboard, you can cleary tell the mom was trying to stop him and just finish the job because he was taking it to far.

No...its not. To me that does not look like abuse at all. He did not touch her face or any other body part actually. That is a form of discipline. I have been disciplined when I was younger. Looking back it is not that bad. He might have went overboard...but he didn't do nothing "abuse worthy". I have heard stories of my family getting the switch. I have gotten beat with a belt, even slapped by my mom and punched in the chest by my dad multiple times. What this guy did was light...
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Frame_Dragger
Member since 2009 • 9581 Posts

Um... that's child abuse in this country, and you'd think a judge would have better means to discipline his child anyway. Beating a girl with cerebral palsy... big man.

To any who disagree, I respectfully disagree and would be happy to demonstrate my skills with a bull-whip (belts are so passe) while we chat.

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]That was not that bad. He did not hit her face, or body just the legs and butt. That is an old fashion beating, not abuse. Trust me it happened to me...its not so bad if you just listen.MgamerBD
naw man thats abuse, the guy was cleary taking out his anger on her, the girl just downloaded things off the web, he was going overboard, you can cleary tell the mom was trying to stop him and just finish the job because he was taking it to far.

No...its not. To me that does not look like abuse at all. He did not touch her face or any other body part actually. That is a form of discipline. I have been disciplined when I was younger. Looking back it is not that bad. He might have went overboard...but he didn't do nothing "abuse worthy". I have heard stories of my family getting the switch. I have gotten beat with a belt, even slapped by my mom and punched in the chest by my dad multiple times. What this guy did was light...

You can't kill someone in your family and expect to get away with it just because you were family. Physical assault is still physical assault.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] naw man thats abuse, the guy was cleary taking out his anger on her, the girl just downloaded things off the web, he was going overboard, you can cleary tell the mom was trying to stop him and just finish the job because he was taking it to far. inoperativeRS

You can't kill someone in your family and expect to get away with it just because you were family. Physical assault is still physical assault.

...And in fact... it falls under domestic violence laws too, so it's that little bit extra.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#59 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]That was not that bad. He did not hit her face, or body just the legs and butt. That is an old fashion beating, not abuse. Trust me it happened to me...its not so bad if you just listen.MgamerBD

He threatened to hit her in the face instead. Who knows what would have happened if the wife weren't there.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
yea he should go to jail. thats way too many hits. i believe in disciplining a child but thats abuse. 1 or 2 times max. and not as hard as HE did it. wow...
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

By the time a child becomes a teen, the whole getting spanked with a belt thing should no longer happen. But it seems like the judge has some anger management issues too.

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MgamerBD
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] naw man thats abuse, the guy was cleary taking out his anger on her, the girl just downloaded things off the web, he was going overboard, you can cleary tell the mom was trying to stop him and just finish the job because he was taking it to far.

When you have nowhere else to go, don't pay no bills, and don't have no source of income. Yeah a family member can get away with physical assault. I also wouldn't consider this assault. Just disicipline...and where in my argument did I say it was ok to kill one of your family members...:?
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MgamerBD
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"] naw man thats abuse, the guy was cleary taking out his anger on her, the girl just downloaded things off the web, he was going overboard, you can cleary tell the mom was trying to stop him and just finish the job because he was taking it to far.

He threatened to hit her in the face instead. Who knows what would have happened if the wife weren't there.

But he didn't...sooo why does that matter?
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Frame_Dragger

By the time a child becomes a teen, the whole getting spanked with a belt thing should no longer happen. But it seems like the judge has some anger management issues too.

soulless4now
Well this (former) teen also has ataxic cerebral palsy so... maybe the normal ability to fend off an abusive parent was absent.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 branketra
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] No...its not. To me that does not look like abuse at all. He did not touch her face or any other body part actually. That is a form of discipline. I have been disciplined when I was younger. Looking back it is not that bad. He might have went overboard...but he didn't do nothing "abuse worthy". I have heard stories of my family getting the switch. I have gotten beat with a belt, even slapped by my mom and punched in the chest by my dad multiple times. What this guy did was light...

Threatening is against the law. You don't know that? Touching someone is assault. The lines get blurred when talking about parent discipline.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MgamerBD
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] He threatened to hit her in the face instead. Who knows what would have happened if the wife weren't there.

Threatening is against the law. You don't know that? Touching someone is assault. The lines get blurred when talking about parent discipline.

*Yawn* There is a reason the lines get blurred. It is up to the parents to raise the child. So don't bring a lawful standpoint into this argument because the world does not work that way. Sure it might be illegal but at such an age when a "kid" is living with their parents and is not considered an adult yet I am sure those rules don't apply. The point is he disciplined his child, and agree it was a little excessive but not excessive enough to be called "abuse". I hate when OT becomes so sensitive, if you didn't get disciplined as a child good for you. Some people listen to words, others to pain that is the bottom line.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 branketra

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] But he didn't...sooo why does that matter?MgamerBD

*Yawn* There is a reason the lines get blurred. It is up to the parents to raise the child. So don't bring a lawful standpoint into this argument because the world does not work that way. Sure it might be illegal but at such an age when a "kid" is living with their parents and is not considered an adult yet I am sure those rules don't apply. The point is he disciplined his child, and agree it was a little excessive but not excessive enough to be called "abuse". I hate when OT becomes so sensitive, if you didn't get disciplined as a child good for you. Some people listen to words, others to pain that is the bottom line.

The world may not work this way, but some societies do. Believe it or not. Then again, I'm sure there are some people who think torture is acceptable in situations ranging as far as interrogation to mental retardation treatment. I know that there are some people who won't take no for an answer and violence will become necessary. In the same respect, there are people who aren't competent enough to know when something else can be used instead of violence and what that something else is. I'm not sure how thinking with a level head makes a person sensitive. I suppose it's better than just being hard headed and resorting to violence instead of thinking things through.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#68 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] But he didn't...sooo why does that matter?

You know what? Some people have higher expectations set on them when they are born, and some parents expectations are higher than others. So tell me what were your parents expectations as a child? Some kids do listen and still get in trouble.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Threatening is against the law. You don't know that? Touching someone is assault. The lines get blurred when talking about parent discipline.shadowchronicle

You know what? Some people have higher expectations set on them when they are born, and some parents expectations are higher than others. So tell me what were your parents expectations as a child? Some kids do listen and still get in trouble.

Also... some kids listen and behave without the threat of violence. Respect goes further than fear when it comes to raising a kid.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deuce4eva
Member since 2009 • 859 Posts

Whats with the "disciplines" parents doing the right thing. All kids should be beaten like this its discipline not giving you a timeout or grounding you. Thats the world for you. You dont like it do something about it.

Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Man she to damn old to be crying from getting a beating
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 MgamerBD
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Threatening is against the law. You don't know that? Touching someone is assault. The lines get blurred when talking about parent discipline.shadowchronicle

My parents had high expectations for me. But they didn't treat me like a friend, they treated my like a child. They fully understood that I had to be punished if I do something wrong. Whether it was telling me to stand in the corner, go into the bathroom until I stop crying, or they just gave me a whipping I learned from it. They taught me about consquence and I am thankful for it. I was not one of those kids that listen to words. But you might be. Just know that me and my parents relationship was strictly parent and child. They had to raise me right and they did.
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

I think the parents are a couple of psychopaths.

JML897

Yep.

There's no reason to ever beat your child like he did.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Frame_Dragger
Man she to damn old to be crying from getting a beating Bucked20
I guess when you're handicapped and smaller than a guy who also happens to be a judge, your options are limited. Lets be honest, if I'm 18 and my father tried to beat me with a belt, I'd hang him with it, but I'm not a girl with CP.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 deuce4eva

[QUOTE="JML897"]

Niff_T

Yep.

:roll: Its called discipline.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="shadowchronicle"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]*Yawn* There is a reason the lines get blurred. It is up to the parents to raise the child. So don't bring a lawful standpoint into this argument because the world does not work that way. Sure it might be illegal but at such an age when a "kid" is living with their parents and is not considered an adult yet I am sure those rules don't apply. The point is he disciplined his child, and agree it was a little excessive but not excessive enough to be called "abuse". I hate when OT becomes so sensitive, if you didn't get disciplined as a child good for you. Some people listen to words, others to pain that is the bottom line.MgamerBD

My parents had high expectations for me. But they didn't treat me like a friend, they treated my like a child. They fully understood that I had to be punished if I do something wrong. Whether it was telling me to stand in the corner, go into the bathroom until I stop crying, or they just gave me a whipping I learned from it. They taught me about consquence and I am thankful for it. I was not one of those kids that listen to words. But you might be. Just know that me and my parents relationship was strictly parent and child. They had to raise me right and they did.

Yeah, but that seems like a case of:  :P
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MgamerBD
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]Threatening is against the law. You don't know that? Touching someone is assault. The lines get blurred when talking about parent discipline.Frame_Dragger

Yeah, yeah... we get it... your family whipped the **** out of each other and now you have a skewed view. I can't tell you how little I care, or how little the courts seem to care about this judge's conduct. As you're not a judge, nor ever likely to be, your opinions on this only matter for whatever offspring you manage to produce. Just remember that eventually they'll be strong, you'll be old, and the worm turns. I also would like to volunteer to literally whip my name into your flesh if you ever feel the need for further discipline.

I'm pretty sure that my children will also be thankful. I'm not gonna beat the living **** out of them. But I'm not gonna be their friend either...
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deuce4eva

By the way where did the camera come from she was expecting to be beat i guess then.

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

[QUOTE="Niff_T"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

Yep.

If you NEED to hit your kid to discipline them, you suck as a disiplinarian... and probably should pass on the whole, "having kids" business.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"]*Yawn* There is a reason the lines get blurred. It is up to the parents to raise the child. So don't bring a lawful standpoint into this argument because the world does not work that way. Sure it might be illegal but at such an age when a "kid" is living with their parents and is not considered an adult yet I am sure those rules don't apply. The point is he disciplined his child, and agree it was a little excessive but not excessive enough to be called "abuse". I hate when OT becomes so sensitive, if you didn't get disciplined as a child good for you. Some people listen to words, others to pain that is the bottom line.MgamerBD
Yeah, yeah... we get it... your family whipped the **** out of each other and now you have a skewed view. I can't tell you how little I care, or how little the courts seem to care about this judge's conduct. As you're not a judge, nor ever likely to be, your opinions on this only matter for whatever offspring you manage to produce. Just remember that eventually they'll be strong, you'll be old, and the worm turns. I also would like to volunteer to literally whip my name into your flesh if you ever feel the need for further discipline.

I'm pretty sure that my children will also be thankful. I'm not gonna beat the living **** out of them. But I'm not gonna be their friend either...

Yeah, those are the options... hit them or be their friends... no middle ground exists. You can't possibly be someone who's respect and approval they seek, instead of just a person to fear. Anyone can scare a kid, it takes actual parenting skill to be a role model, set limits and follow through without resorting to violence. Violence is for later in life, when dealing with people who annoy you. :)
Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts

deuce4eva

You know you can discipline you child and teach them how to behave without a belt, right?

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

MGamer, please tell me you're just trolling. If you're actually being serious with your argument, I pity you. You're being absolutely idiotic.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 branketra
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"][QUOTE="BranKetra"]*Yawn* There is a reason the lines get blurred. It is up to the parents to raise the child. So don't bring a lawful standpoint into this argument because the world does not work that way. Sure it might be illegal but at such an age when a "kid" is living with their parents and is not considered an adult yet I am sure those rules don't apply. The point is he disciplined his child, and agree it was a little excessive but not excessive enough to be called "abuse". I hate when OT becomes so sensitive, if you didn't get disciplined as a child good for you. Some people listen to words, others to pain that is the bottom line.Frame_Dragger

"Thanks for beating me for the using the computer pops!" just doesn't sound right.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 branketra

[QUOTE="deuce4eva"]

Niff_T

You know you can discipline you child and teach them how to behave without a belt, right?

No. Their pants will fall off.
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Frame_Dragger
It's probably worth noting that this what the loving father said... [quote="CNN"]She's mad because I've ordered her to bring the car back, in a nutshell, but yeah, that's me. I lost my temper," Adams told the TV station. "Her mother was there, she wasn't hurt ... it was a long time ago ... I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child. Adams continued: "In my mind I have not done anything wrong other than discipline my child when she was caught stealing. I did lose my temper, I've apologized. It looks worse than it is."

That's not discipline, he lost his temper... that's just assault and battery. Now as to what the state of Texas thinks... they're not thrilled either. [quote="CNN"]officials decided to impose a two-week relief of his entire caseload, Mills' office said. Bianchi's office has been overwhelmed with calls and e-mails, including some from overseas, since the video went viral on the Internet, he said. "Just a sad day. It's unfortunate for all the people in that video. It doesn't bode well for the image of our community or our judiciary or our legal community in Aransas County," Bianchi said. When asked if Judge Adams could continue to work under the media attention and while the Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct investigates, Bianchia replied: "That depends on his state of mind. He'll have to look himself in the mirror and ask if he can conduct himself fairly and make good decisions."

Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Frame_Dragger
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"][QUOTE="MgamerBD"] Yeah, yeah... we get it... your family whipped the **** out of each other and now you have a skewed view. I can't tell you how little I care, or how little the courts seem to care about this judge's conduct. As you're not a judge, nor ever likely to be, your opinions on this only matter for whatever offspring you manage to produce. Just remember that eventually they'll be strong, you'll be old, and the worm turns. I also would like to volunteer to literally whip my name into your flesh if you ever feel the need for further discipline.BranKetra

"Thanks for beating me for the using the computer pops!" just doesn't sound right.

Yeah... obviously this girl didn't turn out to be thankful for the beatings either... who'd guess right?
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

anyone who thinks "she had it coming" or that theres nothing wrong with it seriously needs to get their morals checked. any physical harm to a defenseless human being especially A KID is just plain wrong.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 branketra
[QUOTE="Frame_Dragger"] Yeah... obviously this girl didn't turn out to be thankful for the beatings either... who'd guess right?

Nostradamus?
Frame_Dragger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Frame_Dragger

anyone who thinks "she had it coming" or that theres nothing wrong with it seriously needs to get their morals checked. any physical harm to a defenseless human being especially A KID is just plain wrong.

martinX3X
A kid with Cerebral Palsy... a 16 year old girl with CP, so extra defenseless. When you consider that she could... what... call the cops on her judge father? Yeah... that would end well. I'm not surprised she waited to be indipendant before springing this.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
deactivated-5d25ae64ef918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5d25ae64ef918
Member since 2008 • 8101 Posts

2004: Father beats daughter for downloading music.

2011:

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 branketra

2004: Father beats daughter for downloading music.

2011:

OICWUTUDIDTHAR
But it was against the law at the time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Apparently a large population of OT are stuck in the past. Let's bring back beatings in school too, let the daycare workers slap the children around a little when they make a mess. Because beating mentally handicapped people is alright in our books and doesn't affect the individual at all in the long term amirite?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
After reading the 2nd link all the guy had to do was get rid of the computer and take her TV/Car for not listening.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
Well this (former) teen also has ataxic cerebral palsy so... maybe the normal ability to fend off an abusive parent was absent.Frame_Dragger
True, but I just think by the time a child hits age 11, the belt should no longer be used no matter how bad they are.
deuce4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 deuce4eva

Apparently a large population of OT are stuck in the past. Let's bring back beatings in school too, let the daycare workers slap the children around a little when they make a mess. Because beating mentally handicapped people is alright in our books and doesn't affect the individual at all in the long term amirite?FrostyPhantasm
Since she has a mentally handicapped then yes this shouldnt occur. Everyone else needs beatings.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#97 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

That was a bit excessive. I'm fine with a spanking if the parent cools down before the punishment and doesn't go overboard. Also why is a 16 year old getting spanked? That's really weird.

MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

[QUOTE="FrostyPhantasm"]Apparently a large population of OT are stuck in the past. Let's bring back beatings in school too, let the daycare workers slap the children around a little when they make a mess. Because beating mentally handicapped people is alright in our books and doesn't affect the individual at all in the long term amirite?deuce4eva

Since she has a mentally handicapped then yes this shouldnt occur. Everyone else needs beatings.

Nope.

"Beatings" only teach your children to fear you and not respect you. Instead of teaching them to not do dangerous/bad things, it's going to teach them to not get caught and to lie about doing them so that they don't get punished. Open communication and other forms of punishment such as time outs which are designed to have parents explain to children why their behavior is unacceptable are what are going to actually teach children, a smack is just going to teach them aggression and how to hide things they've done wrong.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 branketra
Apparently a large population of OT are stuck in the past. Let's bring back beatings in school too, let the daycare workers slap the children around a little when they make a mess. Because beating mentally handicapped people is alright in our books and doesn't affect the individual at all in the long term amirite?FrostyPhantasm
Considering this took place 7 years ago, I think the whole topic is stuck in the past. It was only brought to light recently. I don't agree with the judge's actions. It was bit much, but still. Just thought that it was worth mentioning.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#100 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

To any who disagree, I respectfully disagree and would be happy to demonstrate my skills with a bull-whip (belts are so passe) while we chat.

Frame_Dragger

Let's get it on.