Should we ban alcohol again?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@senses_fail_06 said:

@hillelslovak: and people have fought over land before religion existed...

And when your religion explicitly tells you to seize all land you can find, as well as convert, enslave or kill everyone who does not believe what you do?

Where does it say that in the Qu'ran?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#152  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Alcohol doesn't have any uses? Have you ever been drunk??

Yeah, loads of people abuse it and that's because the world is full of irresponsible twits. If you drink in your home, or at a bar with friends and have a DD lined up and everything, there's nothing to worry about. Assuming you don't go overboard of course, like I did the other night... Felt like shit the entire following day.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 senses_fail_06

@Serraph105 said:

it's not exactly a dumb claim to make.

It is if it is wrong - which you seem to be relenting to.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 senses_fail_06

@hillelslovak said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@hillelslovak: Yeah not what I asked you.

@senses_fail_06 said:

@hillelslovak: many of your arguments are simply attributed to the fault of religion for argument's sake. The problems in the Kashmir for instance. Is it really Hindus and Muslims killing each other "over religion" or is it that the territory has been disputed ever since India was divided?

Correct. Humans have killed over land and resources more than any other issue throughout history.

Are you guys just going to ignore all of Islam's deeds that were about spreading the faith? The Muslims were slaughtering in Kashmir before the partitioning. Also, if it is all about land, why are the Muslims hemming in Jews on all sides, with the Jews returning the favor on the Gaza strip? Why this tiny, insignificant speck of land?

Access to the Jordan River equates to an insignificant speck of land?

Could you be more misinformed?

Not to mention people were living in that land before it was given away. Not surprising that they don't want to just give it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#155 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@senses_fail_06 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@senses_fail_06 said:

@hillelslovak: and people have fought over land before religion existed...

And when your religion explicitly tells you to seize all land you can find, as well as convert, enslave or kill everyone who does not believe what you do?

Where does it say that in the Qu'ran?

Quran (2:191-193)“And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]…and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah.”

Quran (4:89)“They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.”

9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.8:67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

9:29. Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@senses_fail_06 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@hillelslovak: Yeah not what I asked you.

@senses_fail_06 said:

@hillelslovak: many of your arguments are simply attributed to the fault of religion for argument's sake. The problems in the Kashmir for instance. Is it really Hindus and Muslims killing each other "over religion" or is it that the territory has been disputed ever since India was divided?

Correct. Humans have killed over land and resources more than any other issue throughout history.

Are you guys just going to ignore all of Islam's deeds that were about spreading the faith? The Muslims were slaughtering in Kashmir before the partitioning. Also, if it is all about land, why are the Muslims hemming in Jews on all sides, with the Jews returning the favor on the Gaza strip? Why this tiny, insignificant speck of land?

Not to mention people were living in that land before it was given away. Not surprising that they don't want to just give it up.

Israel is a tiny piece of land. The conflicts are because of religion, that fact remains.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#157  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@purebliss said:

The point is that banning substances and over-regulation doesn't only fail to achieve the intended goal, but also brings about several unintended consequences. For one thing, it opens the door to a black market for those items. People who want to use drugs will obtain them irrespective of the laws. This allows for several dangers, while also enriching underground dealers. The best thing to do is legalize all of these substances so that they can be controlled. That's my personal opinion anyway.

I personally vape, and the industry has been met with all of this ridiculous regulation. It's absolute nonsense.

Why did you resurrect a dead thread?

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 senses_fail_06

@hillelslovak: quick search reveals you're taking these verses out of context. They are not to be used in everyday life but as a historical reference for those who persecuted Muslims. One needn't look any further than the golden age of Islam to see that Muslims were tolerant of other religions...as long as they got their taxes.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 senses_fail_06

@hillelslovak said:
@senses_fail_06 said:

Israel is a tiny piece of land. The conflicts are because of religion, that fact remains.

Refusal to look at things differently only makes you look worse. Not only are you ignorant, but stubborn too.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

I just picked up a bottle of johnny walker blue. This shit is great. inb4 for the single malt snobs come in, it's a great scotch. Yes there are better, but I love it so much. Trying a 18 Macallan next.

So no, don't get rid of alcohol. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@senses_fail_06 said:

@hillelslovak: quick search reveals you're taking these verses out of context. They are not to be used in everyday life but as a historical reference for those who persecuted Muslims. One needn't look any further than the golden age of Islam to see that Muslims were tolerant of other religions...as long as they got their taxes.

It tells people to fight disbelievers wherever they are, until there is bo disbelief. Pretty clear, and The Hadith backs all of these war like verses up. It is you who refuse to acknowledge the facts at hand, and all of your apologetics and sophistry do little to obsfucate the obvious.

What do I know, though? I'm just some idiot who doubts the word of someone who thought the moon split in two before riding his donkey to heaven.....

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#162 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

. @sonicare, holy shit, man. Your original post was so offensive and terrible you honestly shouldn't be posting here anymore. "The only thing alcohol does is help fat chicks get laid." Really, man? You really just typed that and pressed "create thread"? Who raised you to think like that? This is a shameful thread. Lock this shit. Just a prime example of ass hole gaming community members.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#163  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70605 Posts

I am all for banning alcohol but its not going to happen. The culture has brainwashed the masses in believing that its a need and it has become a social norm even though its responsible for so many mishaps from death to domestic violence.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#164 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@purebliss said:

The point is that banning substances and over-regulation doesn't only fail to achieve the intended goal, but also brings about several unintended consequences. For one thing, it opens the door to a black market for those items. People who want to use drugs will obtain them irrespective of the laws. This allows for several dangers, while also enriching underground dealers. The best thing to do is legalize all of these substances so that they can be controlled. That's my personal opinion anyway.

I personally and the industry has been met with all of this ridiculous regulation. It's absolute nonsense.

Why did you resurrect a dead thread?

You and I seem to be the only ones who noticed that a spammer brought this thread back to advertise a vape site. I'm going to go ahead and lock this since it's a necro bump and because the discussion has strayed pretty far from the original topic.

-Byshop