Romney is the next President

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Both extremes terrify me especially in government.Vuurk

lol making governmental decision based on a 2000 year old book is a lot worse then trying to look after poor people.

That really depends. If you make laws which making stealing a crime (based on 2000 year old book) then that is good policy. If you make laws that tax the wealthy at 90% rates and give it to the poor to try to distribute the wealth evenly and help poor people, then that is terrible policy. You can't just generalize the situation.

You're ignoring the fact that the top tax bracket was taxed at 90% durring the single most prosperous time in US history.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

[QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

As long as the current Republican party has any power though this is STILL an issue. Our government in general is full of way too many psychotic religious folk who shouldn't have ANY power over anything. The numerous STUPID comments by different Republicans regarding rape and that one crazy ass who talked about evolution being the devil (once again,another Republican) are proof of how damn crazy that party is now....

musicalmac

That's naive. It's dangerous to be that dismissive.

I have been given no reason NOT to be dismissive of the current Republican party.

They call themselves conservatives but they wouldn't know what that word meant if the definition was tattoo'd on the back of their hand....

The whole party just needs to be rebuilt. I hoped that after Bush lost that they might get their **** together but they became WAY more insane instead.

I want a Republican party who will actually be conservative when it comes to spending, not some idiots who think conservative means being the biggest asshat of a Christian you can possibly be without being a member of the WBC.

The morons want to focus on holding back peoples rights home (and yes gay marriage not being legalized is just embarassing with the amount of ignorance that is involved in keeping it that way) rather than fix our economy and our God awful healthcare system. They constantly fight AGAINST the middle and lower class yet somehow these morons out there in the general public just eat it up.

Yay more tax breaks for the rich! Yay our healthcare keeps getting more expensive while the Repubs sit there with their thumbs up their ass until of course the Dems try to do something about it then they really hop into action to completely destroy what could have been the most useful piece of legislation put forth since I have been alive.

The 5 year old behavior needs to stop in Congress as well. Just cause someone is from the other party doesn't mean you can't freaking co-operate with them. The fact that these idiots (and yes the Repubs were once again the worst in this department) put party allegiance ahead of the American people they are supposed to be helping is despicable and I feel they should all be voted out for their behavior these last few years since Obama has been in office.

The fact that people like Santorum and Ryan and even Bachman were all in the major runnings for the Republican nomination shows just how bad the party has become.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

[QUOTE="Vuurk"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

lol making governmental decision based on a 2000 year old book is a lot worse then trying to look after poor people.

Guybrush_3

That really depends. If you make laws which making stealing a crime (based on 2000 year old book) then that is good policy. If you make laws that tax the wealthy at 90% rates and give it to the poor to try to distribute the wealth evenly and help poor people, then that is terrible policy. You can't just generalize the situation.

You're ignoring the fact that the top tax bracket was taxed at 90% durring the single most prosperous time in US history.

Anyone who thinks government has a 'right' to take more than half of anyone's income has a mental disorder.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#154 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I have been given no reason NOT to be dismissive of the current Republican party.

They call themselves conservatives but they wouldn't know what that word meant if the definition was tattoo'd on the back of their hand....

The whole party just needs to be rebuilt. I hoped that after Bush lost that they might get their **** together but they became WAY more insane instead.

I want a Republican party who will actually be conservative when it comes to spending, not some idiots who think conservative means being the biggest asshat of a Christian you can possibly be without being a member of the WBC.

The morons want to focus on holding back peoples rights home (and yes gay marriage not being legalized is just embarassing with the amount of ignorance that is involved in keeping it that way) rather than fix our economy and our God awful healthcare system. They constantly fight AGAINST the middle and lower class yet somehow these morons out there in the general public just eat it up.

Yay more tax breaks for the rich! Yay our healthcare keeps getting more expensive while the Repubs sit there with their thumbs up their ass until of course the Dems try to do something about it then they really hop into action to completely destroy what could have been the most useful piece of legislation put forth since I have been alive.

The 5 year old behavior needs to stop in Congress as well. Just cause someone is from the other party doesn't mean you can't freaking co-operate with them. The fact that these idiots (and yes the Repubs were once again the worst in this department) put party allegiance ahead of the American people they are supposed to be helping is despicable and I feel they should all be voted out for their behavior these last few years since Obama has been in office.

The fact that people like Santorum and Ryan and even Bachman were all in the major runnings for the Republican nomination shows just how bad the party has become.

LostProphetFLCL
A couple things.

Tax breaks for people with a lot of money is not inherently a bad thing. The more we all have in our pockets after we get our paycheck, the better our economy will fair. That includes the wealthy.

That Obamacare plan (even in its original form) doesn't solve the problem the US faces with healthcare, which is, the cost. Obama's health care plan makes as much economic sense than Romney's secret plans for the economy. I am uniquely knowledgeable about this particular issue because of my health care connections.

That being said, I'm not happy with either candidate, which was further confirmed by those... *sigh*.. debates.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] That really depends. If you make laws which making stealing a crime (based on 2000 year old book) then that is good policy. If you make laws that tax the wealthy at 90% rates and give it to the poor to try to distribute the wealth evenly and help poor people, then that is terrible policy. You can't just generalize the situation. KC_Hokie

Anyone who thinks government has a 'right' to take more than half of anyone's income has a mental disorder.

Why?

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Laihendi
Member since 2009 • 5872 Posts
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Vuurk"] That really depends. If you make laws which making stealing a crime (based on 2000 year old book) then that is good policy. If you make laws that tax the wealthy at 90% rates and give it to the poor to try to distribute the wealth evenly and help poor people, then that is terrible policy. You can't just generalize the situation. KC_Hokie

Government doesn't have a right to any of a person's income.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

Why?

People earn their money. Government has no right to take 51%+ percent.

Anyone who thinks government has a 'right' to take 51%+ from one group and give to another has a mental issue. Government shouldn't be trying to play Robin Hood. That's not the proper role of government.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#158 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

National polls don't always paint a very accurate picture. Romney is surely leading in the early vote in all of the deeply red states he was likely to win in the first place, that doesn't mean he is up in battleground states that will actually win the election. That being said, Gallup's numbers have neen outliers for a while now. Reuters tells a different story about the early vote. In any case, things look close nationally, but that ignores the reality of how the electoral college is going to play out. Romney has very few combinations of states that are in play that will allow him to win the electoral college. He needs most of the swing states to break for him, and it isn't likely.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 LostProphetFLCL

musicalmac

A couple things.

Tax breaks for people with a lot of money is not inherently a bad thing. The more we all have in our pockets after we get our paycheck, the better our economy will fair. That includes the wealthy.

That Obamacare plan (even in its original form) doesn't solve the problem the US faces with healthcare, which is, the cost. Obama's health care plan makes as much economic sense than Romney's secret plans for the economy. I am uniquely knowledgeable about this particular issue because of my health care connections.

That being said, I'm not happy with either candidate, which was further confirmed by those... *sigh*.. debates.

I should have added "while our countries debt grows and programs are cut" part to the taxe breaks thing. I am not anti-wealth or anything, but the fact that these Republicans are continuosly shoving tax breaks only for the upper class while we are drowning in debt and they are trying to cut social programs that peoples wellbeing can be dependant on is disgusting.

No a public option was what we needed at least. They neutered it though.

Really, I feel like we need free general healthcare already. At the very least we need to kill the insurance companies though. They are the biggest scammers in this entire country. All they do is make healthcare cost more....

As for the candidates, I am okay with Obama. He is not God but no one should expect a president to be either. I feel like he could have gotten more accomplished if congress hadn't been so ridiculous. If anything it is our congress I am fed up with more than anything...

When it comes to Romney, he just seems so out of touch with the real world and I don't feel like he CARES to get in touch with the real world. I feel like he will only be doing favors for the wealthy in a time where our middle and lower classes are hurting VERY badly. He is also one of the most fake politicians I have seen and the fact that the man can't seem to have any real stance worries me as you don't know what you are gonna get on alot of things. Him having Ryan as a VP completely terrifies me too and in general I feel like any good part of Romney will be quashed by his own party affiliations.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 KC_Hokie

National polls don't always paint a very accurate picture. Romney is surely leading in the early vote in all of the deeply red states he was likely to win in the first place, that doesn't mean he is up in battleground states that will actually win the election. That being said, Gallup's numbers have neen outliers for a while now. Reuters tells a different story about the early vote. In any case, things look close nationally, but that ignores the reality of how the electoral college is going to play out. Romney has very few combinations of states that are in play that will allow him to win the electoral college. He needs most of the swing states to break for him, and it isn't likely.

rragnaar

Gallup is one of the few polls that doesn't include party affiliation. Most polls are over sampling democrats by 3-4%.

And if the democrats loses early voting they lose the election. Romney is going to win the election.

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Laihendi

Guybrush_3

Why?

The only legitimate purpose of government is to protect the individual rights of its constituency. Stealing money from them is a violation of that purpose.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

LostProphetFLCL

A couple things.

I should have added "while our countries debt grows and programs are cut" part to the taxe breaks thing. I am not anti-wealth or anything, but the fact that these Republicans are continuosly shoving tax breaks only for the upper class while we are drowning in debt and they are trying to cut social programs that peoples wellbeing can be dependant on is disgusting.

Really, I feel like we need free general healthcare already. At the very least we need to kill the insurance companies though. They are the biggest scammers in this entire country. All they do is make healthcare cost more....

As for the candidates, I am okay with Obama. He is not God but no one should expect a president to be either. I feel like he could have gotten more accomplished if congress hadn't been so ridiculous. If anything it is our congress I am fed up with more than anything...

When it comes to Romney, he just seems so out of touch with the real world and I don't feel like he CARES to get in touch with the real world. I feel like he will only be doing favors for the wealthy in a time where our middle and lower classes are hurting VERY badly. He is also one of the most fake politicians I have seen and the fact that the man can't seem to have any real stance worries me as you don't know what you are gonna get on alot of things. Him having Ryan as a VP completely terrifies me too and in general I feel like any good part of Romney will be quashed by his own party affiliations.

Know what I think that needs to be done? Fire Congress. Entirely.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Anyone who thinks government has a 'right' to take more than half of anyone's income has a mental disorder. KC_Hokie

Why?

Anyone who thinks government has a 'right' to take 51%+ from one group and give to another has a mental issue. Government shouldn't be trying to play Robin Hood. That's not the proper role of government.

But no one is forcing those people to live in the US, and it's not like they don't have the assets to move.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Why?

Guybrush_3

But no one is forcing those people to live in the US, and it's not like they don't have the assets to move.

It's not the proper role of government to play Robin Hood. Government should only enforce laws fairly, uphold the Constitution and protect individual rights.

Stealing from one group to give to another is theft via taxation and wrong. Anyone who thinks government should redistriubute wealth via taxation has a mental disorder. As screwed up as the people who claim they talk to God prior to making decisions.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="musicalmac"] That's naive. It's dangerous to be that dismissive.Vuurk

The morons want to focus on holding back peoples rights (and yes gay marriage not being legalized is just embarassing with the amount of ignorance that is involved in keeping it that way)They constantly fight AGAINST the middle and lower class yet somehow these morons out there in the general public just eat it up.>

lol please don't tell me that you think the democratic party cares about the middle and lower class either. The democratic party bailed out the rich banks - you know the ones who fund their campaigns? They don't give a fvck about the average person. They are just as self interested as anyone. Also, Obama has done nothing to help individual rights. In fact, he has restricted individual rights in many ways.

Obama at least TRIED to put forth health reform but he couldn't do much good with the crappy congress he has. He did the stimulus and it is my understanding that the bail outs had to happen for the stability of the country.

The Repubs have restricted more rights than Obama ever has. I think they were even responsible for the NDAA as they forced that in the budget which HAD to be taken care of.

He definitely hasn't been perfect but he has also had to fight congress tooth and nail which the selfish ass Republicans have been trying to sabotage his Presidency since day one....

Laihendi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Laihendi

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="LostProphetFLCL"]

LostProphetFLCL

A couple things.

How do insurance companies increase the cost of healthcare? Healthcare is a service made possible by the efforts of people. It will never be free unless those people are willing to provide their services for free (never).
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

Because Nation Wide Early voting actually matters?

Wait no it doesn't, not at all.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="Person0"]Because Nation Wide Early voting actually matters? Wait not it doesn't not at all.

The popular vote is always reflected in the electoral college.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
It feels like it was just yesterday KC was saying Ron Paul would beat Obama. Oh how the time flies.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#173 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Why?

Guybrush_3

You could say the same about illegal immigrants...
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 KC_Hokie
It feels like it was just yesterday KC was saying Ron Paul would beat Obama. Oh how the time flies.Ace6301
Where did I say that?
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]People earn their money. Government has no right to take 51%+ percent.

KC_Hokie

It's not the proper role of government to play Robin Hood. Government should only enforce laws fairly, uphold the Constitution and protect individual rights.

Stealing from one group to give to another is theft via taxation and wrong. Anyone who thinks government should redistriubute wealth via taxation has a mental disorder. As screwed up as the people who claim they talk to God prior to making decisions.

You didn't really address my point and nothing in the constitution says you can't tax people over 50% of their income

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 LostProphetFLCL

[QUOTE="musicalmac"] A couple things.

That being said, I'm not happy with either candidate, which was further confirmed by those... *sigh*.. debates.Laihendi

How do insurance companies increase the cost of healthcare? Healthcare is a service made possible by the efforts of people. It will never be free unless those people are willing to provide their services for free (never).

Because they are an uneccessary middleman who is making a profit by standing between us and the healthcare. We are paying them just to get acces to the healthcare which is just stupid.

Personally I opted out of my works insurance coverage because it would have just been a waste of my money. After paying them over $100 a month just to cover myself, I would still only be saving $30 on any REGULAR doctors visit I had. If something happened or I required some sort of SPECIAL doctors visit, I would still be shelling out 2 grand before they start helping and then next year that all resets again....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Person0"]Because Nation Wide Early voting actually matters? Wait not it doesn't not at all.

Right now the popular vote seems to be very close, while in key toss up states Obama leads.... So no the national early voters really don't matter.
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#178 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts
It feels like it was just yesterday KC was saying Ron Paul would beat Obama. Oh how the time flies.Ace6301
well maybe he could have if he was the Republican Nominee .
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I really, REALLY hope Romney doesn't get elected

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Person0"]Because Nation Wide Early voting actually matters? Wait not it doesn't not at all.Person0

Right now the popular vote seems to be very close, while in key toss up states Obama leads.... So no the national early voters really don't matter.

Gallup shows Romney leading by 5%. It's not that close.

And the democrat will lose if he doesn't win early voting.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#183 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Lord_Omikron666

I hope so to.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 KC_Hokie

Lord_Omikron666
He will. When the democrats loses early voting they are finished.
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 LostProphetFLCL

Vuurk

Everytime I read your posts, I get the impression that you are very young. (early teens). When you say things such as, "Really, I feel like we need free general healthcare already." Who do you think will pay for the costs of medicine, doctor's salaries, hospital expenses, etc? Nothing is free. Are you suggesting that the government should just pay the costs for everyone so we don't have to worry about it? With what funds will the government use to pay for this? The only money the government has is what it has taken from taxpayers or borrowed as debt. Your logic and reasoning displays a very childish and irresponsible mentality.

The fact that you don't understand what is meant when someone is talking about "free healthcare" says alot....

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

Laihendi

Government doesn't have a right to any of a person's income.

It patently does.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

KC_Hokie

Still using history as a justification.:P

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

You didn't really address my point and nothing in the constitution says you can't tax people over 50% of their income

Anyone who feels politicians are qualified to determine what percentage over 51% government should take from one group and give to another should get their head checked.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Guybrush_3

KC_Hokie

again, you're ignoring the fact that there is very little voting going on in most democratic portion of the country.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

super600

Still using history as a justification.:P

Yes....American history not Alberta Canada.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]The popular vote is always reflected in the electoral college.KC_Hokie

Gallup over samples southern voters and has been an outliar for weeks. Anyways National does not matter. Ohio matters where Obama has a good lead.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]It's not the proper role of government to play Robin Hood. Government should only enforce laws fairly, uphold the Constitution and protect individual rights.

Vuurk

I addressed your point though and I'm still waiting for a response: It is theft. What makes it right for one institution to take money from one person via force and give it to another? If a person did this, they would go to jail for stealing. Yet you think it's ok if the government steals money from one person and gives it to another? That is an incredibly selfish and greedy view to consider stealing to be acceptable. You want the government to take money from the rich and put it in your hands, yet you are the one who claims that THEY are greedy and self-interested?!??! Am I missing something?

There is no right in any constitution in any state in the world that says that the government is not allowed to tax people for their money.All governments are allowed to tax people for whatever percentage of their money they want.Look at sweden.A lot of their money use to go to the government.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="Lord_Omikron666"]

Guybrush_3

again, you're ignoring the fact that there is very little voting going on in most democratic portion of the country.

Democrats out vote republicans early. They aren't showing up like they did in 2008. On top of that Romney leads in early voting.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]It's not the proper role of government to play Robin Hood. Government should only enforce laws fairly, uphold the Constitution and protect individual rights.

KC_Hokie

Anyone who feels politicians are qualified to determine what percentage over 51% government should take from one group and give to another should get their head checked.

can you give me a reason why it is objectively bad?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="Person0"] Right now the popular vote seems to be very close, while in key toss up states Obama leads.... So no the national early voters really don't matter.Person0

Gallup over samples southern voters and has been an outliar for weeks. Anyways National does not matter. Ohio matters where Obama has a good lead.

Gallup has the largest sample, smallest margin of error, and is one of the few polls that doesn't factor in party affiliation.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Vuurk

Since it will be any different than Obama being elected right?

And you already know that? Who are you to say things won't be different?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 KC_Hokie

Guybrush_3

can you give me a reason why it is objectively bad?

Are you being serious?