Romney is the next President

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] How will Romney be better than Obama?

Like I said I support Gary Johnson. But Obama has been a terrible president.

How will Romney be better than Obama?

I support Gary Johnson!
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts

as much as despise romeny i think the man will win. and he will win simply for the fact people don't like Obama because they think he is Kenyan and a Muslim. I just hope that those who voted for Romeny suffer the most.

helwa1988
If that were the case, then why was Obama overwhelmingly elected in 2008? People are against Obama because they don't feel as if he got enough done (whether or not that was his fault or not is definitely debatable) and because the Republicans have done a good spin job convincing people that governmental spending is a bad thing and that they're no longer a party of big spenders.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#53 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

It's too early to call. Especially due to many people still voting, and on election day most of the votes actually come in.

I'm hoping Obama wins. Romney would just be a step backwards and the GOP is too extreame right now, I don't want them in office until they rethink their direction as a party. Whatever happened to the more moderate conservatives in the party?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Isn't Romney a religious nut job?

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Like I said I support Gary Johnson. But Obama has been a terrible president. KC_Hokie
How will Romney be better than Obama?

I support Gary Johnson!

Then why are you so happy about Romney's chances of becoming the next president?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="super600"]

It did in Alberta.Pollsters were predicting a Wild Rose minority/ majority and when it came time to vote the PC party pulled off another majority.

super600

No American democrat presidential candidate has lost early voting and won. Has nothing to do with Alberta.

What I'm trying to say is that using a bunch of stats to declare a party the winner a week or two before the election is stupid because you don't know what may happen on election day since the US election is so tight and I used the Alberta election as an example to emphasize that.

Neat about Alberta and all but no democrat in the US has lost early voting and won the election.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

tenaka2

He's religious but not a nutjob.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]No American democrat presidential candidate has lost early voting and won. Has nothing to do with Alberta.KC_Hokie

What I'm trying to say is that using a bunch of stats to declare a party the winner a week or two before the election is stupid because you don't know what may happen on election day since the US election is so tight and I used the Alberta election as an example to emphasize that.

Neat about Alberta and all but no democrat in the US has lost early voting and won the election.

You're missing his point over and over again

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] How will Romney be better than Obama?

I support Gary Johnson!

Then why are you so happy about Romney's chances of becoming the next president?

I'm glad to see Obama gone not excited about Romney.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
extreameShadowMoses900
lol
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Obama is losing early voters when he lead by 20%+ in 2008. He's toast. Time to box up his **** for the move back to Chicago.

KC_Hokie

You don't seem to understand how polling or the electoral college works. Democrats are currently polling ahead in just about every swing state in early voting (still too close to call though). National Gallup polls are irrelevant if the democrats are winning Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida and so on.

Not to mention Gallup is the only poll that is showing such an advantage to Romney.

In actual early voting Obama is behind. He's done. Time to pack up his **** for the move back to Chicago.

Nationally. But Obama is winning where it counts. It's almost mathematically impossible for Republicans to win the election without Ohio. In fact no Republican has won without it. Democrats are polling ahead there in early voting. It's how the Electoral College works.

That's not to say Obama will win. But your Gallup poll doesn't prove anything.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="super600"]

JML897

It's such an amazing point and all about Alberta. However, no democrat running for president has ever lost the early vote and won.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Pirate700

I'm concerned about the most powerful country in the world becoming a theocracy.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]extreameMrPraline
lol

Yes a slight grammer error is highly laughable.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I support Gary Johnson!KC_Hokie

Then you are implicitly saying that Romney would be a better president. Why would he be?
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]

You don't seem to understand how polling or the electoral college works. Democrats are currently polling ahead in just about every swing state in early voting (still too close to call though). National Gallup polls are irrelevant if the democrats are winning Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida and so on.

Not to mention Gallup is the only poll that is showing such an advantage to Romney.

_BlueDuck_

In actual early voting Obama is behind. He's done. Time to pack up his **** for the move back to Chicago.

Nationally. But Obama is winning where it counts. It's almost mathematically impossible for Republicans to win the election without Ohio. In fact no Republican has won without it. Democrats are polling ahead there in early voting. It's how the Electoral College works.

That's not to say Obama will win. But your Gallup poll doesn't prove anything.

Obama is losing the early vote. He's finished. And Gallup doesn't poll in terms of party affiliation and why most polls are off by 4%+
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KC_Hokie
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Then why are you so happy about Romney's chances of becoming the next president?

Then you are implicitly saying that Romney would be a better president. Why would he be?

I support Gary Johnson. Obama sucks.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 tenaka2

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Then why are you so happy about Romney's chances of becoming the next president? -Sun_Tzu-

He must be a global warming denier.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]extreameShadowMoses900

lol

Yes a slight grammer error is highly laughable.

Not highly, a slight smile. A subtle lowercase acronym. I'll save the egregious laughter for your next thread on foreign politics.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 -Sun_Tzu-
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I'm glad to see Obama gone not excited about Romney.KC_Hokie

Then why not talk about Gary Johnson's poll numbers?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Pirate700

I still don't see Romney winning, unfortunately. I think Obama will win the states he has to but Romney will take the popular vote thus exposing the the archaic and outdated EC.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#72 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I still don't see Romney winning, unfortunately. I think Obama will win the states he has to but Romney will take the popular vote thus exposing the the archaic and outdated EC.

Pirate700

'cuz this situation never happened before, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I'm concerned about the most powerful country in the world becoming a theocracy.

That isn't possible. The Constitution ensures the freedom of Religion and Religious ideals and expression, but you cannot force or impose Religious institutions unto others. One cannot say "I'm making it a law where everyone has to go to church" nor could one make a law where they ban people from going to church.

There is no chance of a theocracy happening, it goes against the founding of the US. Which was founded on the basis of religious freedom (among many other things).

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Then you are implicitly saying that Romney would be a better president. Why would he be? -Sun_Tzu-

Then why not talk about Gary Johnson's poll numbers?

I do.

obama-epic-failure.jpg

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
I still think Obama will win. I think I prefer it that way.
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]I'm glad to see Obama gone not excited about Romney.KC_Hokie

lol
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 KC_Hokie

Pirate700
He's going to win...no democrat has lost early voting and won.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Neat about Alberta and all but no democrat in the US has lost early voting and won the election.KC_Hokie

It's such an amazing point and all about Alberta. However, no democrat running for president has ever lost the early vote and won.

You're still missing my point.You're using stats(early voting results) to declare the winner of a race already.The media was using results(from pollsters) to declare the winner of the Alberta election before voting happened.They were using reasons like history to justify thier choice(in this case the fact conservative parties have a tendency to get replaced by another conservative party about every couple of decades).When it came time to vote the pollsters were owned really hard because of people's perceptions of the Wild Rose party and thei's a chance you could be owned to.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ShadowMoses900

Pirate700

Yes the Electoral College system needs to go. It serves no purpose in the modern day age. Popular vote is the only one that makes sense now.

pie-junior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 pie-junior
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts
It's interesting how, a few months ago he had a snowball's chance in hell (judging from the polls), but now it's looking like a real neck and neck race.MrPraline
Yea, Idk if you could be able to find anywhere else where election campaigns that make that much of a difference.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Then why are you so happy about Romney's chances of becoming the next president?

because Fox News and every other conservative said so....duh.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]He's religious but not a nutjob.

ShadowMoses900

That isn't possible. The Constitution ensures the freedom of Religion and Religious ideals and expression, but you cannot force or impose Religious institutions unto others. One cannot say "I'm making it a law where everyone has to go to church" nor could one make a law where they ban people from going to church.

There is no chance of a theocracy happening, it goes against the founding of the US. Which was founded on the basis of religious freedom (among many other things).

But if the laws made are determined on religious grounds is that not a theocracy?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

KC_Hokie

He's going to win...no democrat has lost early voting and won.

I sure hope you're right but I'm not getting my hopes up.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#85 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

ShadowMoses900

Yes the Electoral College system needs to go. It serves no purpose in the modern day age. Popular vote is the only one that makes sense now.

hmmm based on how candidates appeal to voters, i think it's important to have the electoral college. seriously who wants mob rule, when most people don't actually vote on candidate based on their positions on issues, and their history and instead vote on whether said candidate promised them the sun and moon instead. --------- As for me, i'm putting my bet down that Obama will still come out the winner once election night is over and done with. like Praline said. no guts no glory.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]It's such an amazing point and all about Alberta. However, no democrat running for president has ever lost the early vote and won.

KC_Hokie

You're still missing my point.You're using stats(early voting results) to declare the winner of a race already.The media was using results(from pollsters) to declare the winner of the Alberta election before voting happened.They were using reasons like history to justify thier choice(in this case the fact conservative parties have a tendency to get replaced by another conservative party about every couple of decades).When it came time to vote the pollsters were owned really hard because of people's perceptions of the Wild Rose party.

Your point is interesting and all regarding Alberta. However, no democrat in American history has lost early voting and won. On top of that Obama is the incumbent and undecideds break 3:1 for the challenger as this point.

81859.png

You still don;t get my point.:lol:

Stats can't decide the winner of a election until the election happens.:lol:

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 THE_DRUGGIE

btw, did anyone notice that Gallup found the results of their survey to have minimal political impact?

And that more Republicans have voted early than Democrats at this point?

And that the difference is 1% in voting intention (well within the +/-5% margin of error commonly accepted)?

...well, did anyone?

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 THE_DRUGGIE

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

btw, did anyone notice that Gallup found the results of their survey to have minimal political impact?

And that the difference is 1% in voting intention (well within the +/-5% margin of error commonly accepted)?

...well, did anyone?

KC_Hokie

No democrat has lost early voting and won. Especially not an incumbent.

Meh, there's also never been a black president but look what happened.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SaudiFury

you know if you didn't spam your pic, and repeat like a parrot the people on the opposition and those in the middle might listen to you a bit more seriously.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

...well, did anyone?

THE_DRUGGIE

No democrat has lost early voting and won. Especially not an incumbent.

Meh, there's also never been a black president but look what happened.

Or a Mormon for that matter...which just goes to show you how silly this thread is. It might be a helpful indication of how it's going, and Romney very well may end up winning, but acting as if it's all done and over with because of early voting results is silly.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Your point is interesting and all regarding Alberta. However, no democrat in American history has lost early voting and won. On top of that Obama is the incumbent and undecideds break 3:1 for the challenger as this point.

81859.png

KC_Hokie

k...but America isn't Alberta. There are statistical trends that help determine the winner and one of those is if the democrat loses early voting.

81859.png

Do I seriously have to shove info about the Alberta election results in your face and talk about why stats failed there.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 -Sun_Tzu-

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Your point is interesting and all regarding Alberta. However, no democrat in American history has lost early voting and won. On top of that Obama is the incumbent and undecideds break 3:1 for the challenger as this point.

81859.png

KC_Hokie

k...but America isn't Alberta. There are statistical trends that help determine the winner and one of those is if the democrat loses early voting.

81859.png

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

you know if you didn't spam your pic, and repeat like a parrot the people on the opposition and those in the middle might listen to you a bit more seriously.

KC_Hokie

Neat...except I don't work for anyone.

speechless.gif

well i'm done wastin' time. hell i'm not even saying Romney can't win, that's a real possiblity, i'll just save my energy with people who've got more to say then repeat the same phrases again and again.

flordeceres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 flordeceres
Member since 2005 • 4662 Posts

i will lol if a mormon actually becomes the president of the united states

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]k...but America isn't Alberta. There are statistical trends that help determine the winner and one of those is if the democrat loses early voting.

81859.png

KC_Hokie

Do I seriously have to shove info about the Alberta election results in your face and talk about why stats failed there.

America isn't Alberta.

81859.png

The use of polls/stats failed in Alberta and produced an unlikely winner and the same could happen in the US election